Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
    noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Ragley bars for a fiver, stems a fiver too,  nukeproof horizon lower headset in purple for £3, I think that’s worth it just for the bearing, brand X thru axles for £2, BeElite purple or pink yoga mats £3, just a few options to bump up small orders for free postage.  Nukeproof’s jockey wheels for 12sp Shimano dropped to £9.

jonnyboi

Is 26″ still not dead? 

Maxxis minion tyres for £2

https://www.wiggle.com/p/maxxis-minion-dhf-skinwall-mtb-tyre-3c

kelvin

Saw that… but like nearly everything I’ve looked at on there recently.. Stock expected soon (unlikely!)

akeys001

great deal with extra 10 too – thanks – also added the xdr freehub for 12x at half price

650b are down to a crazy cheap price if that is of interest?

https://www.wiggle.com/p/prime-orra-650b-carbon-gravel-wheelset

I got a pair last week for £290 which I was happy with at the time…..

matt_outandabout

After trying not to get involved in spending with Chiggle, I did need some new tyres.

So some £16 Conti Terra Hardpack’s are on the way for my Vagabond. https://www.wiggle.com/p/continental-terra-hardpack-shieldwall-foldable-tyre

nuke

It’s like the bong game (off the radio) where you’re risking how low it’ll go and getting your order in before what you want goes out of stock. Bought the 10 speed cassette & brandx carbon bars at the weekend and they’re both now cheaper

Seriously tempted by those Reactor frames 😬

markgoldstein
    Free Member

Carbon or alloy? (or both!)

ogden
    Free Member

Nukeproof Horizon CL CrMo Downhill Pedals down to £27 in red and purple.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-horizon-cl-crmo-downhill-pedals

I was just about to get some before reading that they don’t play as well with Shimano cleats and seeing that their own are OOS everywhere and no idea if we’ll see stick of them again…

bobodaclown

The main part of Signa has now gone into administration, insane the overall owed to lenders is estimated at $13bn
    https://www.ft.com/content/f5dfec07-a727-4d07-b57e-1aefcf4f1b06

matt_outandabout

£13bn? Blimey.

acidchunks

Urgh, FT paywall can jog on.

Reuters reporting that figure at 5 billion Euros

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/austrias-signa-launch-self-administrated-insolvency-proceedings-2023-11-29/

bobodaclown

@acidchunks it really can jog on.

That Reuters article also references the same comments from JP Morgan that total liabilities top $13bn which is across the total group.

ogden
    Free Member

Deleted

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Nuke, you’re not wrong but I’ve got a feeling those reactor frames might drop again, I dawdled on those spank hex XD freehubs, 5 in stock not moving for over a week, took my eye off the ball for a day or two and they all went, not that bothered though I just wanted one for options if I sell my wheels on.
    If I bought a reactor frame no doubt it would drop to £500 before I even start building it up, sods law innit.

molgrips
    Free Member

You bastards.

£35 for the Nukeproof trail pedals in black.

markgoldstein
    Free Member

£31.49 with OUTLET10

sirromj

I ordered 2 yoga mats and a wetsuit for £21 inc. delivery.

Items turned up today, just sellotaped together and the address label stuck to a piece of cardboard that looked like it had been chewed out of a cardboard box. Thanks Evri! Items undamaged so not really a problem.

molgrips
    Free Member

£31.49 with OUTLET10

Bugger, I tried EXTRA10 but it didn’t work.

johnny63

Molgrips – try through Wiggle instead ? CRC don’t always seem to offer the extra10 option ?

molgrips
    Free Member

It had the code on top of the page. Too late now anyway, ordered.

Andy

OUTLET10 and EXTRA10 seem to both work on different ranges of items

euan

I tried to place an order of some components last night and again this morning and they now won’t deliver to our address in Devon which has been used many times in the past. Tried a London postcode for a giggle and same result. Maybe courier companies have withdrawn service.

If this is the end then sorry for the staff

muddy@rseguy

I took a punt on a the Lifeline TT-01 magnetic turbo trainer for the somewhat incredible price of £14.99. Ended up paying £16.89 (after doing the Extra 10 thing)  as its a big, heavy box so some additional postage was required.

Ordered Monday, arrived yesterday. All looks good, seems to work well and as I already have a cadence/speed sensor on the road bike and a spare ANT+ USB dongle, it looks like a budget winter Zwift setup beckons.

chakaping

Are people still getting their orders dispatched?

I’ve put about five in over the past couple of weeks, the first few were packed and shipped within 12hrs – but no progress on the one from day before yesterday.

ogden
    Free Member

@chakaping I ordered on the 20th and it dispatched 5:00pm on the 23rd.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Ordered yesterday, arriving today via evri I’ve been told (delivery to SW Scotland)

paulwf

It’s normally because there is something in your basket that they can’t ship – happened with the tentboxes and ridiculously cheap exped matts

I tried to place an order of some components last night and again this morning and they now won’t deliver to our address in Devon which has been used many times in the past.

euan

Correction on not being able to place an order with delivery – I can if I remove any Peaty’s products from basket.

jonnyboi

I have one from the 27th still pending but to be fair it’s a load of low value random nonsense. I mean who buys a kettle bell, face mask, 6 x 26″ tyres and a set of end caps?

Also just ordered two bargain wetsuits for next summer

chakaping

I bet it’s those cheap 26″ Minions that are holding some of our orders up.

I was about to order some of the Horizon clipless pedals, so I’ll add another of the £5 stems on – in case I don’t get that.

dave_h

Nukeproof Horizon CL CrMo Downhill Pedals down to £27 in red and purple.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-horizon-cl-crmo-downhill-pedals

I was just about to get some before reading that they don’t play as well with Shimano cleats and seeing that their own are OOS everywhere and no idea if we’ll see stick of them again…

I’ve been using Nukeproof pedals with Shimano cleats for ages and don’t have any problems with them.  Definitely a bargain at the price – I’ve bought a few pairs in.

dave_h

I keep getting tempted as things come down and throw orders in.  My shed will soon be resembling a mini Chiggle warehouse!

Things take a bit longer that they would have in the past but boxes keep arriving.

woodster

My order from yesterday about 5.30pm dispatched last night. I think that’ll be my 6th, a single pack of Haribo is all I’ve managed in the 5 so far.

weeksy

I’m still trying to find a decent priced 148×12 wheel in a 27.5 to play with mulleting my Fuelex

chakaping

a single pack of Haribo is all I’ve managed in the 5 so far

Same!

My lad is very disappointed.

My shed will soon be resembling a mini Chiggle warehouse!

If they only had a mad deal on the particular 11sp Sunrace cassette I need, I might not need to buy any more spares for the rest of the decade.

jezzep

Hi all,

I know everyone is posting the latest deal they have found and all. I’m just interested in the future of the company as an owner of two Nukeproofs and one Vitus. I would like to know the latest on the sale of the company and assets really. My question therefore is, has anyone got any news on the bidders for the group?

JeZ

chestrockwell

I ordered a couple of the cheap Minions and a Transfer on 28th but have heard nothing since.

jonnyboi

the company as an owner of two Nukeproofs and one Vitus.

if there are any model specific spares available then buy them. They will most likely be cheap and potentially unavailable in future as any purchaser will most likely consolidate/downsize. 

oikeith

I ordered and returned some items about a week or so ago and got the refunds for returned items yesterday!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.