• This topic has 1,807 replies, 443 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by zomg.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,808 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • core

That sounds like the one bobodaclown – heavyweight sherpa fleece with front pockets in a different material. Think the last one I ordered was under £20. First one was a navy XL which was huuuuge, so I returned it and went medium and it’s way smaller, so went for the large in the green in the end, which is the colour I wanted to start with, but they were still over £40 then…

nbt

Evri just delivered the stuff I ordered on Thursday – the first I knew about it was the knock on the door, followed by the email from Evri telling me that the parcel had been delivered. They hadn’t told me one was coming, so it was a nice surprise

binners

I noted somebody put an ad up on one of the MTB buy and sell facebook pages yesterday listing any diameter, any drop Brand-X Ascend dropper posts for £100 each. Lots of people immediately jumped on it as he’d clearly bought a job lot of them for 30 quid each.

The post was removed.

Fair enough if you want to make a few quid, but don’t take the piss and drop a job lot on there with a 70 quid mark-up, especially when everyone knows where they’ve come from probably a few days ago

wzzzz
    Free Member

Looks like the end of trisportresort too:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn=tri-sport_resort

I thought maybe anything left would end up there.

core

I don’t get the outrage at enterprising people selling ex-Wiggle/CRC stock at inflated (over vastly reduced) prices. Good on them, others are probably just jealous they didn’t have the foresight or means to do it themselves.

The real value of the droppers isn’t £30, it is £100 or more, granted there’ll be no warranty now so £100 is perhaps a bit steep, but it’s quite simple – if you think they’re too expensive, don’t buy one!

captaintomo
    Free Member

I can’t believe the current price of that neutron headset on trisport. £22 and its not even new, it’s used! Some resellers on eBay are selling new ones for about £15. What the hell?

Edit – on closer inspection it doesn’t even include the lower cup!!? Bizarre

Edit #2 – okay it might be one of those internal routed cable jobbies but even so.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I don’t get the outrage at enterprising people selling ex-Wiggle/CRC stock at inflated (over vastly reduced) prices. Good on them, others are probably just jealous they didn’t have the foresight or means to do it themselves.

Neither do I, what do you think CRC. did in the first place!

They bought a 1000 of them for £30 each and posted them for sale for £150 each.

Thats exactly what these guys are doing.

Its not like you didnt have time to nab yourself from, CRC.

Oh and the outrage of someone buying the CRC owned brand names…. That’s exactly what CRC did years ago, they bought the Nukeproof brand name and badged up a load of far east sourced frames.

This cheapened the brand as I remember Nukeproof in the nineties was a niche maker of carbon centred hubs.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I can’t believe the current price of that neutron headset on trisport. £22 and its not even new, it’s used! Some resellers on eBay are selling new ones for about £15. What the hell?

welcome to eBay where usual laws of common sense do not apply

grahamt1980

Just got my last 2 orders from wiggle/crc.
    Leatt fullface for 80 quid and an internal dropper for the to be built hardtail frame that cost £100

binners

I’m hardly outraged. Good luck to ’em, but play the game. Don’t take delivery of them all then immidiately drop a shit ton of them on a buy and sell page. I wouldn’t imagine it’d go down too well if one poster filled the entire classifieds on here with them

I presume the FB buy and sell page posts were removed as the guy was obviously trading.

captaintomo
    Free Member

I agree. Crack on but don’t be a plonker.

dirkpitt74

Yeah their eBay store has now closed too:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 084723

chakaping
    Free Member

My last order arrived yesterday. It actually is “the end of an era”.

Not sure which retailer will be my go-to for routine bits now, but it’s unlikely to be the relaunched CRC & Wiggle.

This might be a good time for Merlin to increase the range of stock they offer.

frogstomp

Yup, still pushing the orders out – my final one from last Friday is out for delivery today.

captaintomo
    Free Member

5 orders turned up yesterday. One left to go. Fair to say I went a bit crazy last week.

Simon

I had outstanding orders from 12th and 16th, both arrived this morning.

jkomo

Last order arrived.

Sui
    Free Member

CRC website down now, still waiting for my stuff, 10 days in now 🙁

nickc

CRC website down now

Just looked, that’s that then? Feels like a bit of my own MTB history has just vanished.

benos

I risked a return last week. It wasn’t high value but it didn’t fit – crazily tight Nukeproof merino t-shirts.

I got confirmation it had arrived on Tuesday, barely an hour before the site went offline, and the refund went onto my credit card yesterday. From that experience I’d assume they plan to honour any orders made in the final few days.

I used the return notes section to add an “I’m sorry for what happened to you, thanks, and good luck” message, just in case any staff might see it.

freeagent
    Free Member

My last ever order has just arrived – a set of Prime mini TT bars reduced from £50 to £18.

I hope everyone from Wiggle-CRC find themselves better jobs elsewhere.

dirkpitt74

According to Evri my last CRC order has just been delivered – Nukeproof tyre inserts, headset spacers and a pair of Nukeproof shorts for my daughter……

I had ordered a spare mech hanger for her Vitus XC bike, but that was cancelled and refunded within an hour or 2 of placing the order.

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

My last ever crc orders arrived today too, ordered on the 14th and 15th so a decent turnaround really considering the situation.

munkyboy
    Free Member

They must be chucking the last orders out. Got my delivery of random shizz ordered on the 15th today. CRC memento mori waterbottles and fancy nukeproof carbon bottle holders.

Best of luck to anyone involved in this. Felt like picking over a carcass.

swavis

Yep, I also had my last ever order delivered today. An end of an era for sure, but they didn’t help themselves with that recent rebrand IMO

All the best to all the staff though and hopefully can get employment elsewhere.

goldfish24

Last ever order arrived for me today too.

Chapeaux to the administrators for ensuring customers are served. Bloody difficult for all the other creditors and staff.

barrysh1tpeas
    Free Member

Last ever order placed 10 days ago. Just recieved everything I ordered which was a pleassant suprise, I’d half expected not too after the website went down.

Felt pretty sad about it tbh. I’ve been using Wiggle/CRC since I started cycling more seriously 15 years ago. Bought several bikes from them and TONS of jerseys/shorts.

Always my first port of call for bits and bobs. Not sure where I’ll be shopping now.

fenderextender
    Free Member

Bought my first proper MTB as an adult from Wiggle in 2006 and instantly became sone kind of gold customer. Sad times.

I used the CRC side of it more than Wiggle after the merger as it suited my browsing style better. Until they introduced the industry-leading concept of refusing to put the most pertinent and useful filters on every page of product. Really great when you are shopping for a chainring and BCD isn’t a filter option, but colour is.

I think it is Tredz and Merlin with a smattering of SJS for me now.

Gawd knows what knock-on impacts of the Chiggle fire sale will be. There will be a lot of people out there with enough spares to last until 2030.

Ultimately, though, I believe that the covid boom times and associated greed/fantasy of the funders is to blame. I imagine that when the Chinese factories re-opened they upped their MOQs so only the big boys could get stock. Flush with their new cash, in they went. Demand fell through the floor and all of a sudden a bunch of investors found that their money was sat in a warehouse somewhere in bike component/clothing form and not going anywhere.

Such is the way of the world.

🙄

dave_h
    Free Member

They must be chucking the last orders out. Got my delivery of random shizz ordered on the 15th today. CRC memento mori waterbottles and fancy nukeproof carbon bottle holders.

It looks like they spent the last week or so picking the outstanding orders and then moved to shipping the orders out as I had my final three orders arrive in two days.

As has been said, it seems a well managed wind down by the administrators and certainly was a professional job throughout by those remaining staff.  They were a credit to the history of CRC/Wiggle and themselves.

core

My final two orders arrived Weds & Thurs this week, complete with Evri notifications, which was a pleasant surprise. As much as many (including me) may have questioned their business practices and the impact they’ve had on local bike shops, it is the end of an era and is tinged with sadness for me.

I hope the good people from Wiggle/CRC find alternative employment in cycling (if they want to).

johnnystorm

Alas, it looks like my last Wiggle order has been lost in the void that is an Evri depot. 🫣

welshfarmer

Just seen the Evri driver leave so my final order will be thrown into the shed somewhere. Will go check in a mo.

That’s it then. End of an era 🙁

johnnystorm

Result! Customer service said she’d go and tell the depot to search properly for my parcel and miraculously an hour later I get an “out for delivery” alert. Fingers crossed…

charlie.farley

Clearly it will never be the same again…

Wiggle Chain Reaction will relaunch its websites next week…

niel11
    Free Member

Fair play to Chain Reaction/Wiggle and the administrators. The whole process has been managed really well, some of the price changes were a bit odd but the actual delivery/customer service has been brilliant.

I’m struggling to get my head around the “normal” prices of things from other retailers following the recent deals from CRC/Wiggle, if the item hasn’t got at least an 60% reduction I’m not interested!

I purchased a bike shortly after the administrators were called in and it arrived in perfect condition, it was actually better set up than a bike from my LBS a few years ago! Initially I was worried they might go under mid purchase and I could loose my money but I noticed they’re even accepting returns for a month or two.

It’s a real shame for the staff and the company as a whole, something changed a couple of years ago, can’t put my finger on it but I went from buying something almost every month to not buying a single thing from them for 12 months+.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Sites now redirecting to evans.

Annoyingly I didn’t note the terms of  returns- anybody got a screen grab with the email address as the new splash page doesn’t give any details other than the Evans link.

TwirlipoftheMists

Brand X stuff on there with weird names and ‘awaiting image’. The left over bits appearing on Evans?

martinhutch

Result! Customer service said she’d go and tell the depot to search properly for my parcel and miraculously an hour later I get an “out for delivery” alert.

Good news. I’ve asked them to look for mine from the 9th, so hopefully the same result.

borosilicate
    Free Member

Annoyingly I didn’t note the terms of  returns- anybody got a screen grab with the email address

Yes –

https://postimg.cc/KkHNcLFT

Edit: I saved the pdf of the returns form should anyone need it.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Brilliant. Please could you pm it to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,808 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM