Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Pics aren’t great as it was pishing down but mine is done. Really chuffed with it and its coming in at 26 lbs dead with the build shown with no flimsy parts. (frame was 3.7lbs for 20″). For reference a Hans Damph fits in the back with clearance, rear tyre on mine is a Spesh Purgatory 2.3″. A joy to build too, the threads were beautifully clean and cable routing perfect 😀

More pics here

c_klein87

lovely looking thing that, how short are those chain stays!!!

heihei

Ooh that looks stunning. Looking forward to a ride report…..

Clink

Congrats – looks the business!

mattjg
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. It doesn’t need logos IMO. Ride report when you get a chance please.

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Can anyone help?

Really interested in getting one of these frames but not sure what size to get. I’m 5’9″ with a 31″ inside leg. Currently ride a medium tallboy and medium swift. Really wanting a 29er version of my old 456ti which was a 16″.

Any thoughts on whether I should go for a 16″ or 18″?

Chris

mrblobby
    Free Member

That I like.

Edit: … a lot.

heihei

ikimbunza – an inch taller than you and rode a 16″ 456. Asked Brant same q and response was 16″.

pistola
    Free Member

Looks great Doug.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

bigdugs-what is that stand over height roughly?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Cheers Pete, I’m such a tart I just bought a black fork though….. 😳

Groundskeeperwilly its 31.5″ vertically in line with th bb (dont know where you measure on a sloping tt!)

pistola
    Free Member

What you doing with the white forks…? 😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks for that info, too tall for me I reckon.

brant
    Free Member

That’s 31.5in on a 20in frame.
    A 16in will be a lot lower. I’ll see if I can do some sums.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

It’s a good job there’s no SS version or I’d be spending the Christmas money on one of them.

(Will there be a SS version just out of interest…?)

rewski
    Free Member

Very nice, what are the forks? Looks a bit like the chromag rootdown, got my heart set on the dialled pa29, but Ti for this price is very tempting. Don’t need those decals.

ditchvisitor
    Free Member

I’ve decided against it, to me the geometry looks a bit odd and I’m not too keen on the mega short rear stays, just ordered a Lynskey 29 Pro VF instead?

Clink

Geo odd? You mean more trail orientated rather than xc? And the chainstays are short-ish, not mega short.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Almost there with my 18″ build. Will post pics tomorrow. It looks a lot of fun, not really like any 29er I’ve seen. I think it’ll be well suited to the riding around here.

Predictably, the main concern is the clearance between the rear tyre and seat tube. Reckon it’s 3mm with a Hans Dampf … little room for a front mech and zero chance of running a cable to one.

Am starting out 1×10, buy that won’t meet my needs. Be interesting to see what works for others. My other option just now is a Mud X, but they don’t last too well on rock and scree.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Took mine to Dalbeattie for a shakedown today as there are a good mix of trail types to test it(About the only places in Scotland without horizontal rain according to Metoffice!)

As with other slack angled 29ers I have ridden, it takes a while to get used to low speed technical stuff as the steering feels a little floppy initially. You also need to ride the fork when cornering to get the best out the bike, but when you do the steering is just fapping ace.

Climbing is not a weak point despite the slack head angle and it doesn’t seem to wander on really steep stuff which is great. It won’t win any XC races on the ups but its not slow by any means and its super easy to lift your front wheel over any obstacles in the way thus minimising stalling.

Pointing the Evo downhill, it rides very like a Yelli Screamy*; super confident, begs to be popped of every rock and root and capable of stuff that you think hardtails cant do well. If you like air, so does the Evo and it feels super stable going off drops and over jumps, even for mediocre riders like me!

Initially sitting on the Evo, it felt a little short and the front end was a bit high due to the tallish headtube but a flatter bar and 80mm stem should give the perfect cockpit so its not a concern. Besides fit is very individual so ignore me.

*(formerly owned and much missed)

Clink

So – how does it compare to the YS?

Rorschach
    Free Member

So – how does it compare to the YS?

Not as good (yelli owner 😉 )

This set up may be of use.Problem solvers direct mount fd adaptor.Takes up less room and solves the cable issue.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The YS is brilliant and I’d love to ride one back to back with the Fireline but the latter is considerably more compliant(in a good way) and cheaper. If you lived in the states and benefitted from low Canfield prices, the YS would win hands down on the best bang for your buck, over here my money would go on the Evo.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Spent another few hours behind the bars today on some familiar GT trails. All I will say is the frame gets better and better the more you ride it, felt perfect fit wise despite no overnight fettling too.

Where are all the other builds ???? 😀

Swayndo
    Free Member

Sorry bigdug. I’ve finished mine for the most part but need to trim the reverb cable and tinker with the gears a bit. I only rode it briefly but it feels wonderful … like it could take on anything. Think I’m gonna hurt myself on this 🙂

Bedmaker off here tried it to and loved it. It’s such a fun bike … more agile than I could imagine any 29er being. I’m already thinking this for Morocco in April rather than the 5 Spot.

I’ll get pics up soonest. Looks quite different in the 18″.

sheck

Rorschach, what the front mech, it looks like it will receive a full outer?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I was held up with “headset gate” now progressing with the arrival, today of a smoothie. Being done in tactical visits to the garage (being Xmas eve and all that)
    Anyone got a front mech working yet?

Rorschach
    Free Member

One of these

and this

or

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Where is the adaptor available in UK?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ison bring problem solvers stuff in.Not listed on the site but the press fit ebb’s weren’t till I pestered them to get some 😀

sheck

Nice thanks

wobbem
    Free Member

Yelli Screamy’s rule the world

mtbant
    Free Member

loving the pics guys, if anyone has pics of the 18″ built up please do post. also can anyone confirm the seat post diameter? there was some confusion a few pages back.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Hopefully this works:

Seatpost internal size is 31.6.

Proper test run tomorrow.

DT78
    Free Member

Lovely looking build

mtbant
    Free Member

Cracking build Swayndo, thanks for the pics and the info! real shame the seatpost is the wrong size 🙁

the_lecht_rocks

this frame may “force” me onto XX1………………. LOL… 😯

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Nice build Swayndo, now go get it filthy!!!

Swayndo
    Free Member

On ma way squire 🙂

Lecht … my thoughts exactly … when its available down the range.

Clink

The frame looks fab in all the pics – but that rear tyre clearance still looks very tight, even for mud clearance on 1×9/10/11 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.