Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • chute6
    Free Member

That’s good to hear, although cant seem to find it anywhere in larger than 2.0.
    I used them all over the uk when I had an SC Nickel and they were great.

Would like to find something with a larger casing tho.

Anybody running maxxis 2.4 on their Titus Ti Fireline ??

dantsw13

Not tried 2.4, but generally width isn’t the issue, it’s tyre height clearance to the Seat Tube

chute6
    Free Member

I’ve managed to get most it together now, just waiting for a new rear disc in the right size.
    Decided to try the tried and tested tyre combo of specialized purgatory front and ground control rear so we’ll see how it goes.

I see what you guys mean by the tall headtube as It feels pretty high so have swapped some of stem spacers round atm. Hopefully first short ride tomorrow or the next couple of days

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dantsw13

I see you’ve gone for the new lightweight 10spd chain :mrgreen:

emailsucks98
    Free Member

Looks good chute6- I dig the blue!

on the head tube length, I haven’t ridden flat bars since the 90s, but chromag flat bars set everything right fit-wise on my build. One bonus of the tall head tube, it does make the front end easy to get up.

chute6
    Free Member

I’ve finally managed to get out for a test ride and so far pretty impressed and can definitely feel the difference in the larger wheels. Loving the geometry with the 140mm fork as managed to pull a cracking manual that seemed to last for ages, lol.

I’ve currently got the stem slammed straight on top of the headset which seems quite a nice position with 20mm rise bars.

Really impressed and surprising how easy it was to jumps on it and rag it.

Will need to find a dropper post for it in the future but quite happy for now.

I used the 1×10 set up on my 456 beforehand and seemed to get on quite happily but may change the rear cassette to an 11-36 from the current 11-34 to get the same range. Quite like the simplicity in my local gritty area.

danti

Anyone running a front mech?

If so which one fits?

Thanks

dantsw13

[/url] Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

You can use a standard top clamp mech, but the issue is the cable being quite close to the tyre.

I went for a Direct Mount FD, because it accepts a full length cable outer, giving a lot more space for a tyre. Problem solvers sell an adapter to fit a DM FD, but it’s expensive. On-one sell one too for £10, which is what I use. It’s been flawless so far.

philtricklebank

Heard there were production issues with Firelines now. Any news Brant on when a new factory will be found to make this frame again, and when we will see them back in stock?

dantsw13

Oooh – so do I now own a “limited edition” frame?? :mrgreen:

kalroot
    Free Member

Is anybody running this with a 100mm fork? I am thinking of buying one and have a 100mm reba I want to run. I’m also curious about reviews of the frame in general. Here is what I’ve dug up about 100mm forks any my super obsessive thoughts on the subject…

I spoke with someone from Titus yesterday about whether or not the Fireline EVO 29 could be run with a 100mm fork. He basically said “no” b/c the bottom bracket would be too low. It is interesting, however, that it would be similar to the Pivot Les, at least by my calculations, that is, about 12.1in static. Here is my calculation, the Fireline has a 12.4 static bb height w/ 120mm fork and w/ sag, it is 12.1in or 2.4in bb drop. The sag should be about 20-30mm which would be equal to a 100mm fork static. Does this make sense?

I do not hear complaints about pedal strikes on the Les reviews. Also, Niner SIR 9s and the Air line have a BB drop of 2.4in when run w/ 80mm forks. Finally, I’m running my SIR 9 with the niner carbon fork which is comparable in A-C length to 100mm forks (although no sag) and I prefer to have my EBB in the low/rear position. The offset of the EBB is 8.5mm. All this makes me think that 12.1 in static is doable and would provide a nice low-slung, quick cornering, nimble ride. Of course, this all depends what trails you are riding and your sag.

Does my reasoning above make sense? Anyone want to work out math problems for the rest of your day? Maybe more importantly, has anyone had problems w/ a BB height of 12in or so or BB drop of ~2.4in? Am I spending way to much time on this? Should I pick up the crying baby in the other room instead?

Finally, if you look at how the static numbers would change on the Fireline with a 100mm fork (similar to the “riding height” numbers for the Fireline with 120mm fork), it starts to sound a lot like the static numbers for the LES. The HA would be ~69, SA ~73, CS 17.1, BBH 12.1. A titanium ride with similar geometry to the LES for under $1000 sounds pretty appealing. Am I reaching here?

Here are some links if you feel like crunching some numbers:
    Titus Titanium Fireline Evo 29er Frame
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/NinerDocs/N…RS_UNIVERS.pdf
    Bike Detail | Pivot Cycles – Mountain Bikes for XC, Trail, Downhill

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

kairoot,
    I’m sure it will work, I have been pondering running an 80mm fork on the Fireline & I have just been playing in the garage comparing it to an old style Scandal frame. So with a A-C hight of 480mm, the BBdrop is about 5mm more than the Scandal, the head angle is still slacker but the seat tube angle is greater. I’m going to give it a go once my headset reducer gets here so I can run the 1 1/8th 80mm forks on it, I’ll let you know.

HTH
    2unfit.

brant
    Free Member

I spoke with someone from Titus yesterday about whether or not the Fireline EVO 29 could be run with a 100mm fork. He basically said “no” b/c the bottom bracket would be too low.

Can you forward me that email please.

the_lecht_rocks

100mm fork up front running lots of compression damping would be great on the groomers IMHO.

keep the speed up and rip around.

still love this great bike 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Brant (Brant, Brant, Brant), I take it your not happy with the response given, what AC fork hight do you think you would be able to get away with?
    Having pondered some more today I’m going to try reducing the RS Rev to 100mm & run a Orbit gravity lower cup, an overall reduction of about 33mm, it felt high & ponderous on a standard XC ride so I’m hoping it will work out.

Cheers.

kalroot
    Free Member

Brant, it wasn’t an email. It was a phone call so I can’t give you any more detail about what was said or who said it. I am very curious to her your take on the 100mm fork, however. Her life is in your hands, Dude. Report back to us as soon as it’s done.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Now at 100mm, waiting on the zero stack lower headset.

[/url]IMG_0588 by MartinRobbo, on Flickr[/img]

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Kalroot, I have now installed the zero stack headset & the BB hight is 305mm (to the centre of the BB) and the BB drop is 70mm, this is using RS revs adjusted to 100mm static, 507mm A-C.

HTH.
    Cheers.

Gee76
    Free Member

Any linkies to that headset by the way? Is it a bit of a lump or on par with hope, cane creek etc?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Gee,
    It’s not a lump, there really is nothing to it, so probably lighter than the Hope, there is a link to the pictures of the bearing on the previous page, god only know how long it will last though, probably only as long as the good weather!

I brought mine from Halfords & only used the lower cup.

Cheers.

kalroot
    Free Member

2unfit, that is great. I’m curious to see how it rides. Are you getting a lot of pedal strikes? Have you run it with a 120mm fork? How do the two compare.

Still waiting on Brant’s 2 cents on 100mm forks.

Gee76
    Free Member

Ahhh its that one, now I remember. Must b getting old!. Missed the link before but wow those bearings look tiddly. Mind you recently had cartridge headset give up on me so might be worth a shot. Anyone run for a bit care to comment?

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Just put my Fireline Ti Evi Ltd 20″ frame in the For Sale section if anyone is interested. Link here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-titus-ti-fireline-evo-ltd-29er-20%e2%80%9d-frame

Great bike – a real work of art – but little used as I preferred my FS Titus FTM…….

John

brant
    Free Member

Still waiting on Brant’s 2 cents on 100mm forks.

Why run an 100mm fork AND an internal lower cup?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Why run an 100mm fork AND an internal lower cup?

Er, because I didn’t like the high front end & slow steering! Anyway test ride tonight so I might go back one way or the other, but it will stay if I don’t have problems with the BB hight.

Cheers.

kalroot
    Free Member

Brant, I’m still not hearing from you if you think the 100mm fork is a good idea.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OK, hands up, the 100mm may work, the 100mm & internal lower cup may not be the greatest idea. Tonight on a standard XC ride (it’s what I do) I had one moment when under full fork compression & turning hard the bike tried to tuck under, it was a bit exceptional as tonight I decided to ride with a shitty AA battery Halfords front light rather than something decent so I saw the turn late & was full on the brakes at the time rather than setting myself for the turn, but shit happens & if you had a similar situation then it could cause an off, I guess I was lucky it didn’t. /hands up

kalroot
    Free Member

Brant, you out there? In addition to your thoughts on a 100mm fork, I was curious what the wheel base is on the Fireline EVO. I don’t see that listed on the Planet X site.

Also, FWIW, I did a calculation for a 100mm fork on the Fireline EVO on a geometry calculator and got a static BB height of 12.22in, HA of 68.6, SA of 73.1, ETT 24.38, and the WB decreasing by 0.29in. Those numbers sound pretty good to me. Very similar to the Scott Scale 29 w/ exception of the HA.

dannyscott28
    Free Member
    jonathanpranoto
    Free Member

Guys!

any review between titus and yelli sceramy?

would like to hear! riding characteristic? handling? yelli screamy pretty well know for it’s superb handling

please don’t let me search on this hugeee and loongg thread 😀

sq225917
    Free Member

These are back on the On-one website this weekend.

wwaswas

Yay! sq23465239592 is back.

sq225917
    Free Member

You didn’t see me right.

brianp
    Free Member

Are the reach and stack numbers correct on the On One sizing page? Seems amazingly long and high when measure from bottom bracket?

mondorides
    Free Member

SIZING QUESTION:

I’m 6′ with normal proportions and have been agonizing over what size to get. I have an On One 456C (not EVO) in a size 18″ and it is a perfect fit with a 50mm stem and 750mm bars. I also just sold my large Santa Cruz Highball carbon (19.5″) with a 70mm stem and 725mm bars that also fit well but was just too stiff and not very playful geometry.

The 18″ looks right from a standover perspective but the reach and TT length seems a bit short compared to the 456C and Highball.

Any 6 footers out there on a 20″ frame that have any regrets? What about the same on an 18″ frame? Interested in some feedback so I can finally just pull the trigger and buy this thing. Thanks!

Gee76
    Free Member

6ft 2″ here and on a 20″ frame and all good here. I Used to have an 18″ ti456 and agonised similarly.

Your nicely in between so I’d say it’ll probably come down to useage. If your more xc mile munching then go a bit bigger. If your more bouncing around then go a bit smaller.

Its a great bike and capable of anything tho whichever way you go.

danti

5′ 11″ here with long torso/arms and on an 18″, running 60mm stem and 711 bars. Great fit for me.
    If you’re near Derby you’re welcome to sling your leg over and see.

mondorides
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m thinking the 18″ frame will be a good choice for me.

Danti: thanks for the offer to try the fit on your bike but seeing how I’m in California that might be a bit of a stretch 😀

jotappina
    Free Member

Hello,

I’m thinking of buying a Fireline Evo, but I intend to ride it with a 470mm Axle to crown rigid fork… will that be ok? Or it’s not a good idea?

Is there any way to remove the iscg tabs?

Thank you.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.