Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • shinton
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but if you have any adverse reactions to the jab you should log it on this website.

I had my second Pfizer jab yesterday and after the first one I woke up with a resting HR of 122 and a temperature. Yesterday I woke up with a resting HR of 144 and a temperature of 40.1 which wasn’t pleasant. Spent most of the day in bed taking paracetamol and felling much better today but not 100%.

BillMC

I had the AZ one weeks ago but lately been getting a sporadic sharp jabbing pain where I had the jab. No signs of a splinter or bite. A mystery.

singletrackmind

Ditto
    Had my first AZ injection a month ago.
    Sore for 48hrs then calmed down. Knocked out a 70mile road ride and the injection site starts to ache around tge 3hr point. Got slightly worse through the ride but disappeared ab hour or so later
    Then did some mtb and windsurfing and it started up again so most likely exercise induced

Painey
    Free Member

Just coming up to 10 days after my first AZ jab and had to visit A&E today. After feeling like I was getting back to normal 5-6 days after the jab, this weekend I’ve felt bloody awful.

Apparently I’m OK but an explanation for why I feel like crap could be that I’m on prescription anti-histamines, as I get hives. So basically an overactive immune system. It seems the reaction to the vaccine is somewhat more pronounced and explains how I feel.

woody2000

Felt awful on Friday, marginally better on Saturday,  ok this morning but now utterly wiped out. Falling asleep standing up pretty much, along with a thick head and a stiff neck.  Hoping to be ok tomorrow 🤞

woody71
    Free Member

Had the AZ vax last Wednesday night. Haven’t really felt ill but have had some weird sensations

– first night weird vivid dreams
    – Thursday morning numb nose
    – Thursday afternoon really painful lungs
    – Thursday night insomnia
    – Friday exhausted (probably from being awake night before)
    – didn’t bother riding on Saturday as thought I should be kind to myself

It’s a bit like being 26 again 😉

CountZero

Had my second AZ yesterday, not even any noticeable tenderness at the vaccination site. Feeling a bit stuffed up and sniffly today, but there’s loads of pollen around, particularly tree pollen, and it could easily be that, despite taking hay fever tablets. Eyes aren’t itching much though, which is good, ‘cos I’ve just started wearing contacts again after some time of not bothering. It’s entirely possible I’ve just caught a bit of a cold. Which is a variety of Corona virus itself, or one of a variety of Corona viruses.
    Hopefully, with all the work going into vaccines for these viruses, and I read a report today, that indicates that a single vaccination can be developed that protects against all Corona viruses; a cure for the common cold, imagine that, as well as MERS, SARS, SARS-Cov2…

frankconway

AZ – no side effects.

Kryton57

Had my second on Saturday. I have the obligatory sore arm, and yesterday woke up with a mild hangover. I threw down some paracetamol and did a long club ride, oddly my legs we’re fine but my shoulders and neck were in agony.

Feel like I have a very mild cold this morning and the aches and pains are much reduced.

jimdubleyou

Felt properly tired last night (6 days on from AZ jab). Could have been a combination of a working weekend and deciding to go for a quick blast round Swinley in the afternoon yesterday, but I was in bed & asleep by 9pm.

Woke up early this morning, did a quick 40 min zwift. Perceived effort was probably a 9 or 10, but HRM said a 7/8 so definitely feeling a bit off.

Vortexracing

Its taken me 5 weeks to get over feeling run down, no drive or motivation and knackered after exercise, lets hope my 2nd one doesn’t do the same, as its doing nothing to help my Fred Witton training 🙁

sailor74
    Free Member

8 days after 2nd Pfizer jab and still feeling very tired. Used my lunch break for a lie down and woke up 2 hours later. Headache continues as does the occasional slightly blurry vision which i can get from headaches anyway.
    first shot didnt really give me many problems just a couple of days feeling a bit off.

jam-bo

slightly sore arm, but I only had it about 90 mins ago…

sirromj

1st AZ Saturday morning. Felt anxious about it which was probably more the cause of whatever I was feeling than the jab itself at that point and shortly after. Later felt like a minor cold was starting. Tried to do half an hour of trials riding but only managed 20 minutes. following day did 18 miles flat off road ride on mtb. Today feel fine, did a 5k run.

dissonance

First AZ friday morning
    Sore arm which meant I had a crap nights sleep since I tend to sleep on that side. RHR was higher on saturday but that is normal for me when I sleep badly.
    Went kayaking without issue on saturday although probably did mean it remained sore for a bit longer.

RustySpanner

AZ.

Had both, similar side effects to yearly flu jab, bit tired, slightly disturbed sleep, felt like a cold coming on for 24 hrs, all fine after that.

jam-bo

nearly 24 hours later and nothing significant other than a mild headache this morning and a slightly sore arm if I poke the injection site. RHR is as normal. think I might try a run later.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

44yo male.
    AZ, jab #1 was 3pm last thursday, its now wednesday after.

Headache by 8pm on day of jab. then slept very badly.
    Mild chills and shivers next day, banging headache, absolute dog tired. paracetamol worked for the headache. set of hellys helped with the chills. took day off work. managed sum total of 10 minutes of pottering round the house (mowing the lawn) before sleeping in afternoon. started feeling ok (if tired) by about 8pm in the evening.
    Next day felt fine… until mid afternoon… fell asleep, only to be woken up ten minutes later by the kids (thanks boys!)
    Day after, felt fine… until mid afternoon… fell asleep again.

This pattern has continue for another few days. Just dozed off at my keyboard at work.

I should note, I tried running on the third day after. Probably didn’t help, but what can you do, I felt ok at the time. Same applies today.

I’ve not had C19 proper.

Reassured I’m a fairly normal response by reading some of this thread, thanks to all for sharing.

nicko74

AZ first shot yesterday afternoon. Spent 2 hours in bed last night absolutely freezing; put on a thermal and woke up with a temperature; felt dizzy when I got up this morning like the worst flu, but now not doing too badly – the tiredness is worse than any other symptoms.

grahamt1980

2nd pfizer on Monday, really really sore arm for 24hrs. But nothing else i can tell. I half suspect that the nurse jabbed me somewhere in my arm it shouldn’t have hit a that’s the first time a jab has hurt at the time of injection for me

bikerevivesheffield

Weird here, 8:20 am today had the AZ, felt fine ask day bar an achy arm, then at 4:20pm BANG couldn’t even hold a spanner, felt like death, aching all over, sore throat, heavy head, just shit! Had tea and some paracetamol and feel a lot better but it’s such a word feeling!

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Had first AZ jab today at 2:30 pm. Feeling ok.

timmys

1st AZ jab about 9:30 this morning. About 6pm started feeling cold, shivery, achey. Necking ibuprofen sorted it, but by 10 pm I was shaking like a shitting dog.

I haven’t the energy to read back or google. Is there any consensus if having had CV-19 makes the side effects worse or not?

soobalias
    Free Member

1st jab AZ – best described as severe fatigue, achy, occassionally cold, jabbed friday, ok till saturday morning, then decidely off my game, probably felt ok again tuesday.
    riding tomorrow night but cant say im buzzing to get out, i will, but just a bit meh.

edit: not had covid

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Pfizer 1st jab last Monday

No significant concerns but my right arm feels like I’ve pulled / strained my forearm. Probs coincidental but it’s been 10 days now and still sore.

No fatigue, no impact on my diabetes or blood sugar stability. No cold/flue like sx either.

Of course, everyone is saying “yeah it’s the second one that gets ya”.

Doubtful.

Also lining up for my first flu shot (obviously well spaced from covid shot 1 and 2) for the start of the flu season and I’ll get another one (diff brand) at the end of the flu season as usual.

bensales
    Free Member

Had mine at 3pm yesterday. This morning I don’t feel too bad, a cross between a standard hangover and a heavy weight lifting session. Will be interesting to see what develops over the next couple of days. My RHR over night and stress levels were high according to my Garmin. In line with a drinking session but without the drink.

Paracetamol and caffeine for the moment.

BadlyWiredDog

I haven’t the energy to read back or google. Is there any consensus if having had CV-19 makes the side effects worse or not?

@timmys
    Mate of mine has been vaccinating folk, they’re asking those who are in for second jabs what reaction they had to the first jab. He says those who’ve had covid report worse side effects, so yes, makes it worse, anecdotally.

The other trend seems to be that first jab leads to worse side effects with AZ but less bad after second dose. Pfizer seemingly the other way round. Again anecdotal.

teethgrinder

Jab 1 on Tues at 1230-ish. It was the AZ flavour.
    Felt fine all day until 2230 and all of a sudden had chills that bad I was sat in front of the stove with the door open to keep warm. Went to bed.

Sleep was problematic, up a lot to go for a piss. Resting Heart rate in bed was 65, which is 20bpm over normal. Was actually glad to get up in the morning as I couldn’t sleep. Paracetamol and 60mg of the wife’s codeine every 4h seemed to help, to the point that by 1600 I had decided I could after all manage the 47th consecutive day on the bike. Today I feel fine except for a slight ache in the arm where the needle went in.

All in, the symptoms felt very much like when I had the ‘Rona back in Jan, except without the sweating profusely in bed.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Just have a slight headache and feeling of lethargy this morning but my shoulder is hurting so had to call in sick (job is manual).

edhornby

had 1st AZ on monday lunchtime, slightly lethargic in the afternoon and then a mild headache the next day but pretty much fine from then on. Haven’t been for a run as precaution but may do this afternoon. never had Covid (unless completely asymptomatic but that’s unlikely), 44yo.

In a wierd way I’m glad I had some form of reaction to know that it’s worked…

Cougar

I had AZ yesterday and it put me on my back for most of today.

Had the jab about half five yesterday. Wouldn’t have known I’d had it, no arm pain, all absolutely fine up until about half 2 this morning. Then out of the blue my wrists started hurting, I initially thought maybe too much keyboard.

Next thing I know, it’s like flu. Proper full-on flu, not your “bad cold” nonsense. Temperature all over the place, sweating cobs one minute and shivering and can’t get warm the next. Muscles feel like really bad cramp, joints hurt in a manner I envisage chronic arthritis must feel like. Oh, and shooting pains, they’re fun, just dozing off and I get an electric bolt in my calf or somewhere. At one point I thought I was getting migraine auras but that passed quite quickly and uneventfully thank the gods. Weirdly, the one thing I haven’t had is the ‘brain fog’ you get with flu. I can think as, well, for what passes for normal.

I slept fitfully all night, my OH gets up for work at 5 so I was popular. I got up a couple of hours after she did, cancelled all my meetings and told the boss I was going back to bed, then did just that.

Finally dragged my carcass out of bed at about 2:30pm and that was only cos I had stuff I really had to do, like putting out overflowing bins for collection tomorrow and feeding cats. I think I’m badly dehydrated (probably from sweating), I’ve drunk like at least a gallon of water and am still pissing Tango.

It eventually started lifting late afternoon, I’m feeling somewhat better but my back, calves and arms really hurt still. Tried to eat twice, first was a single mouthful of toast this afternoon which I threw straight back up, and I’ve made a bowl of soup just now which I also briefly rented.

Still, I’ll take all that over Long CoViD.

Cougar

For added LOLs,

It later hit my partner just after lunch whilst she was at work. Similar symptoms but seemingly less severe. She’s been potching about the house this evening despite my protestations and there was no way I could’ve done that this afternoon.

cheburashka
    Free Member

1st AZ yesterday at 1pm. All normal most of yesterday, but by 10pm started to feel ‘just not quite right’. By 2am had adopted the foetal position, shivering, fever, couldn’t get warm.
    Woke up at 7am, very slightly better but with the bonus of a slightly achy arm and slight headache. Booked sick.
    By 2pm today felt pretty much normal. Terrible gutrot tonight. Bored enough to feel like a gamble so I’ve put myself right for work again tomorrow.

kimbers

AZ 1st Jab yesterday

I’ve already had Covid,
    Feel a tiny bit fluey and had some weird dreams last night-which always happens when I’m ill, still gonna squeeze in a couple of hours on the bike b4 work today.

weirdly and I’ve no idea if this is related my balls were aching last night and still a timy bit today- anyone else or just the mysterious nature of my own scrotum?

martinhutch

2nd jab yesterday. Bit achey and knackered a few hours later, feeling fine this morning. Same as jab 1, basically.

Kryton57

weirdly and I’ve no idea if this is related my balls were aching last night and still a timy bit today- anyone else or just the mysterious nature of my own scrotum?

A quick google on the internet will fix that for you.

jam-bo

had it monday, mild headache monday night and tues morning.

only side effect of significance is shoulder joint on the side they injected has been pretty sore the last day or so. lymph node by the collar bone on that side is swollen and sore.

dyna-ti

You got the covid 19 blues ?
    You aint alone…

TheDTs
    Free Member

Moderna. Last Wednesday at 6 pm. Felt fine at the time, gradual pain building in arm and by morning I could hardly lift my arm above shoulder height. Lasted for a couple of days and dissipated completely by Sat am. No other side affects. One dose of Moderna gives 95% cover so wondering people may skip #2. I suppose it gives added time to your cover. I will have #2 obvs.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Post a pic 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.