Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Plus the figures quoted say the whole of the EU is 10,000, the EU having ten times the population of the UK. So the UK having a third less says blood clots in the UK are significantly higher than for all of the EU.

Typo in the original article – this is from the BMJ
    “About 100 000 people develop blood clots every month in the EU, and 3000 cases a month are thought to occur in the UK.”

MoreCashThanDash

That makes more sense then.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Had my first dose of Pfizer this morning. All the folks at the Alderley Park site were absolutely lovely.

4 hours on, my arm is sore enough that I’ve decided not to go out on my bike. Feel really lethargic but that could be my hayfever. I’m a few months shy of 35.

dyna-ti

Apparently there is a bit of a cure for the vaccine sore arm. You windmill/swing about that arm to increase the blood flow which apparently helps.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Really? Can’t say that I much feel like swinging it around!

jonundercover
    Free Member

It’s the the side effects you’ll develop in about 5 years that you really need to worry about.

ElShalimo

Oh @jonundercover you’re hilarious!!

Have you considered a career in observational comedy?

jonundercover
    Free Member

Wow fantastic response , let’s hope I’m funny in 5 years.

flanagaj
    Free Member

None. As age 49 and fit as a fiddle I have absolutely zero intention of receiving a jab for a virus that I had 12 months ago and has no chance of killing me. Absolutely amazed so many folk are rushing to roll up their sleeves for a jab that has been released under emergency license.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Fairly sure that there’s are separate hard of thinking anti vax “discussion” thread….maybe pop in there with the other “fit as a fiddle” folk, and leave this one for the actual grown ups…..

flanagaj
    Free Member

Fairly sure that there’s are separate hard of thinking anti vax “discussion” thread….maybe pop in there with the other “fit as a fiddle” folk, and leave this one for the actual grown ups…..

Oh dear pal. You really should turn off the TV and have a peruse of the ONS stats. Tells you everything you need to know.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Apologies. ONS = Office for National Statistics.

cakefacesmallblock

I’m now ten days after my second AZ jab.
    I’m not sure I’d got back to ‘normal’, quite, after the first one 12 weeks previously ; I’d been feeling quite fatigued, but had largely put that down to needing a holiday from work. 2nd jab has made me feel very tired indeed – a biggish local road climb, On a geared bike,last Sunday left me gasping, whilst it’s usually just a steady grind on my singlespeed and although now in middle of a week off work, even just setting up camp with the missus and kids wore me out and I’ve hardly felt that I want to get On a bike. Going to try a loop of a local ‘red’graded xc trail tomorrow to see how I get on.

ElShalimo

@flanagaj – that’s a sensible approach if you do not interact with others at any point in the next 2 years.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m going to go out on a huge limb, and guess that you could probably use whatever is on the ONS website to fit a huge range of narratives.

As it is, I’ll stick with my own narrative of….I lost my career as a musician to Covid, new ‘career’ as a supermarket delivery driver saw the store I work at suffer a Covid outbreak with several hospitalizations and almost 50% of staff test positive….I’ll trust multiple peer reviewed scientists to advise us of the best way forward 👍

Edit: I don’t own a TV, so not sure turning one off will have much of an impact.

jamiemcf

My wife and I got the AZ at the same time, same booth by Shaky Tom around 9am
    I reckon there was a 50:50 chance he or I would have got the vaccine.

I got a sore neck and shoulders by lunch, felt achy early evening sore joints. I woke up in bed with a boiling and shivering

flanagaj
    Free Member

that’s a sensible approach if you do not interact with others at any point in the next 2 years.

Next 2 years? I’m intrigued. Do tell.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I’m going to go out on a huge limb, and guess that you could probably use whatever is on the ONS website to fit a huge range of narratives.

Not quite. Last time I researched this subject. The total number of people aged 0 – 60 who had died in the UK since March 2019 from covid and had no underlying comorbidity was < 1000.

That’s correct. 1000!

ernielynch

You really should turn off the TV and have a peruse of the ONS stats.

Well it’s a difficult choice but I’m surprised that perusing the ONS stats isn’t more popular.

julians
    Free Member

As it is, I’ll stick with my own narrative of….I lost my career as a musician to Covid, new ‘career’ as a supermarket delivery driver saw the store I work at suffer a Covid outbreak with several hospitalizations and almost 50% of staff test positive

Tom b, do you work at [removed- MODS]

Sandwich

covid and had no underlying comorbidity was < 1000.

That’s a remarkably small subset you’re using there. I hope that your gamble pays off and the rest of us doing our best for the herd will cover any other risk.

You’ll need to be very certain that ALL potential comorbities are covered by the larger section in the age range selected as there’s a chance that YOU may have something that doesn’t show yet and it leaves you vulnerable.

Twodogs

While I think a thread about side-effects is fairly pointless cos everyone’s will be different, going on to said thread to boast about how clever you are for NOT getting the vaccine is the height of pointlessness. Halfwit.

ahsat

I’m 36, as fit as a fiddle, with no underlying comorbities and I spent 5 months working part time because of long COVID. Yeah I’m not dead but it’s been shit, I’m still not better and my work lost >50% of my productivity. You can make the stats fit your narrative…but they aren’t the full story. I nearly cried from sheer relief when I got my vaccine this week. The ambulance service were down a paramedic for 8 weeks as p20 recovered from getting the virus. The picture and impact is far bigger than the number dead.

Oh and yes I do understand how peer reviewed science works…I am a peer reviewed scientist!

kerley
    Free Member

Yep, what does the ONS have on numbers of people with Long Covid? Is it even fully diagnosable as a condition?

dazh

I think I got given the wrong jab. Had the my second AZ on weds and yesterday did the fastest 100km road ride In years. Any chance these things are performance enhancing? 😕

ART

Also had my second AZ jab on Wed & felt a slight ‘performance boost’ the following day …. honestly who knows 🤔

ernielynch

Had the my second AZ on weds and yesterday did the fastest 100km road ride In years.

Apparently it’s the side effects in 5 years time that you should be worried about.

dyna-ti

None. As age 49 and fit as a fiddle I have absolutely zero intention of receiving a jab for a virus that I had 12 months ago and has no chance of killing me. Absolutely amazed so many folk are rushing to roll up their sleeves for a jab that has been released under emergency license.

You do understand though that you can still catch it ?, and theres no way of telling what effect it could have on you a 2nd time.
    As has been reported other fit people have been left seriously debilitated as the virus attacks many parts of the body and organs, the lungs especially. Which are one of the main organs that mean the difference between fitness, and hardly being able to walk more than a few steps without becoming breathless.

The vaccine wont prevent you from catching it, nor passing it on, but it will lessen the effect it has.

Now I suspect you have little to no scientific knowledge, and certainly nothing in virology, and while you claim it has been released under an emergency license, it has been fully tested.
    Any argument to the contrary relies upon unknown or unproven speculation without taking into account that the nearly the entire worlds scientific community have been working on a vaccine, with no expense spared, rather than a small group working to a budget on an individual drug or vaccine asx would normally be the case.
    I would agree that it has been put out quickly, by cutting through all the red tape, but not without the proper procedure of development and testing.

To suggest otherwise is little more than idle speculation, ignoring the glaring issues, especially being wholly unable to prove that point.

I would urge you to reconsider, for your own wellbeing. we dont get long on this earth, but it is nice to be able to enjoy this time and not spend it tied to a wheelchair or oxygen machine.

NOTE – Relies to other comments about selfishness etc –
    It is not selfish to refuse this vaccine,it just isn’t clever in respect of that individuals own health and well being, as you can still contract the virus and still pass it on and while the virus due to the vaccine will not effect you to a serious degree, even vaccinated it can still be passed to someone unavaccinated and cause then very serious ill effects ranging from debilitating conditions through to a fatal worst case scenario.
    It is social distancing, washing your hands, wearing a mask and those other aspects that help prevent transmission, rather than just having the vaccine yourself. Thats a fallacy.

theotherjonv

Not quite. Last time I researched this subject. The total number of people aged 0 – 60 who had died in the UK since March 2019 from covid and had no underlying comorbidity was < 1000

Does ONS have any numbers for older people who have died because they caught the virus through a chain of transmission that included someone who didn’t take appropriate steps to prevent that happening.

Had the my second AZ on weds and yesterday did the fastest 100km road ride In years.

Apparently it’s the side effects in 5 years time that you should be worried about.

Places small bet on dazh for TdF 2026.

P-Jay
    Free Member

2nd jab yesterday.

First one floored me for 12 hours, just a bit tired and lethargic today, with a bit of a sore arm.

TBH, it could just as easily be because I had a bit of a weekend of riding and drinking with a bit too much sun thrown in too.

sirromj

Was going to add my 2nd reply to this but forget. 2nd AZ jab 4 days ago, after GP surgery sent a txt that morning. Cycled there and back. Did a slightly longer ride home of ten miles. Felt tired in evening, a bit run down, brief shakes after getting in bed early. Slight headache the next morning and the following day felt fine and have done since.

theotherjonv

2nd AZ yesterday

I lost a day to the first one, no energy and basically felt like I was going down with a bad cold that then didn’t materialise

Today I feel like a mild hangover – tired, a bit ‘dull’ but nothing that particularly concerns. Would not go for a ride if I had one planned, but not taking to my bed either.

bruneep

1st one, nothing more than a thirst next day.
    2nd one last Thursday, mild arm soreness apart from that nothing else.

papamountain
    Free Member

2nd AZ jab last week. Just a sore arm for a bit. Nothing like as bad as the first one (shivers, fever etc).

DezB
    Free Member

1st one killed me
    2nd one brought me back to life
    (Is anyone really reading these posts?)

MoreCashThanDash

1st one killed me

Yes, and we’re taking bets which way any future 3rd booster jab goes for you…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

1st one killed me

Of course!

DezB
    Free Member

Dammit! 😛

sirromj

3rd will turn us all into a actual real life (but dead) zombies. Obviously.
    Can’t say I’ve ready many of these but I’m sure somebody is!

myti
    Free Member

Got Pfizered on Saturday avo. Slightly sore shoulder for about 24 hrs but didn’t stop me mowing the lawn. No other effects at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.