Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • twonks

As most others, I had 12 hours of sweats and fever symptoms with the first AZ jab, then 24 hours feeling hungover like I was 21 again (I’m 49)

Second jab yesterday afternoon. Felt ok, went to bed and woke up at normal time this morning slightly hot. Have had a slightly fuzzy head all day but nothing like as bad as the first one.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

My first jab had very mild symptoms, felt slightly “fuzzy” for 24 hours and very tired.
    Had 2nd jab on Friday and no discernible symptoms at all.

dc1988

First Pfizer on Thursday, had a sore arm for a few days but nothing else

olddog

Just had 2nd AZ at 11.5 weeks. After hour just slightly sore/tingly arm. Was bad (chills/shakes) last time – about 11 hours after jab, lasted for 8 hours or so. See how I go later…

brads
    Free Member

Second Pfizer on Monday
    Rode Golfie on Tuesday and fell asleep for an hour after getting back down
    Unusual for me so a tiredness side effect I suppose
    Other than that. Nothing

Oh I lost my nerve on a big drop today and I’m blaming the vaccine for that as well

aP
    Free Member

2nd AZ yesterday morning – had shivers and sweats last night, and restricted breathing was whistling.Left arm starting to become painful mid evening. Today still very hot, muscle aches and feel worn out. Much worse than vax1.

fossy

2nd AZ Monday. Sore arm in evening, and knackered feeling. Then again, I did 20 miles off road round trip to the Vaccination centre on Monday, another 16 off road yesterday and a quick 15 on the road bike this lunch. So not that much.

Tiredness could also be lack of sleep due to heat.

Still no 5G signal though ?

olddog

Went to pub. Three pints. 12 hours after 2nd AZ and no side effects

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

2nd AZ for me last week and no side effects, not even a sore arm.

So all good 👍

longmover
    Free Member

I had a my second Sputnik vaccine last friday, had a very sore arm overnight. In the morning I had a bad headache (I do not normally get headaches), and felt stiff and ached all over all over. On Sunday I was fine again.

spekkie
    Free Member

First Pfizer yesterday – slightly sore arm today. Mrs Spekkie’s arm is a bit worse than mine.

Slept like a baby last night without any other side effects.

scud
    Free Member

Had both AZ vaccine jabs, first end of March and second last tuesday. Felt very rough after both, after first 4-5 days of joint and muscle ache and vomited once. Then after 5-6 days started to get slight pins and needled sensations in feet and hands. Rode Badger Divide feeling like i was running at 80% and had numb feet in tent of an evening.

Had second jab last tuesday and again felt the usual muscle and joint ache, but the pins and needles feeling has go worse, with warm sensation running up both lower legs too. Tried to ride bike last night, got no further than 9 miles, feet had huge “hot spots” under pedals and no energy at all.

Looked at advice sheet given out with jabs and under list of side effects it says “in clinical trials there were very rare reports of events associated with inflammation of the nervous system, which may cause numbness, pins and needles, and/ or loss of feeling. However it is not confirmed whether these events were due to vaccine”

But it definitely came on with first jab, and exacerbated by the second…

Just wondered if anyone else had suffered this??

jamthemace
    Free Member

Second AZ jab yesterday. Felt really rough after the first but nothing this time round, other than a sore arm which I couldn’t care less about.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Oops, think I posted in general Covid thread instead of here the other day.

First OxAZ jab hit me hard in April, couldn’t ride for 10 days and then had to slowly build interval intensity up.

Second jab last Tuesday 1400, felt physically and mentally wiped out quicker than first jab, within two hours. Major muscle group aches, bit of joint ache (lymph nodes?) and mild headache by early evening. Felt rough Wednesday morning, called in sick.

Started to feel better on Thursday, able to ride at low intensity. Out of nowhere I managed by best TT effort on Saturday since before first jab, legs felt good on Sunday too. But since Tuesday, I’ve had to go back to low intensity and slowly build things back up during the week, legs became weak and cadence was way down again.

Definitely not as bad for the second jab, but weird having a brief cycling boost and then a relapse.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Second jab yesterday. AZ both times.

Slept well.
    Today, feel like I ran 10 miles yesterday, an all over mild muscle ache.
    And slightly fuzzy head – as if I’d followed the 10 miler with a nice bottle of Chianti.

Just wondered if anyone else had suffered this??

Yes. After jab #1;
    immediate day after effects were textbook flu like (headache, muscle ache, fatigue, nausea)
    numb feet on and off for several days – highly unexpected
    very down on cardio ability for about 7-10 days

wheeliedirty
    Free Member

AstraZeneca jab for me, early 40’s.

1st jab – I was a little rough after 12hrs and it lasted for 48hrs or so.
    2nd jab – basically nothing, not even a sore arm.

The only other thing I’ve had is insomnia but only for a couple of nights after both jabs. No tiredness or anything else I just woke up after 3-4 hours sleep feeling refreshed and unable to get back to sleep, I’m normally a good 8 hours a night fella.

jag1

AstraZeneca for me too mid 40’s
    1st jab – shivers and fever for one night, sore arm for about 2 days and about a week of fatigue / lack of energy
    2nd jab – like a bit of an achy cold for one day and sore arm for 2 days but other than that fine.

alpin
    Free Member

I got my first AZ Jan last week.

Was at a friend’s party. His brother, a doctor, was there. His brother wants a roof terrace building. Told him I’ll do the terrace if he gives me a jab.

Got wildly ratarsed and was woken on a friend’s floor at 8am by the doctor’s receptionist telling me I could have a jab at 1pm.

Rode the 27km home. Had a shit, shower, brushed my teeth, changed and then got back on the bike to ride another 20km to the doctors.

Was a very slow ride home. Old ladies on their Dutch bikes were flying past me.

The next day I felt like shit, but am still not sure if it was the rest alcohol or the vaccine. Felt much better by the afternoon.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Nipped to the pop-up jab shindig at Heaton Park for my second dose of AZ, 8wk 2d since my first. All good other than a tight tricep up til an hour or so ago, but now feeling quite happily feverish.

singlespeedstu

2nd AZ on Thursday
    Felt fine for the rest of the day.
    Yesterday had slightly sore arm.
    Woke up this morning and can hardly move my arm.
    Most odd.

stevie750

2nd az on Wednesday, no side effects at all this time

Autoelec
    Free Member

@scud was rough as after my first one for about a month. Interesting to hear about the tingling, seem to of developed that in both hands intermittently. Also ended up in A&E this week due to pain in calf / numb foot. Dr was worried about a clot. All OK though.

bsims
    Free Member

I’ve had quite a list of side effects

Headaches, one of which lasted for 15 days, all of which painkillers won’t get rid of.
    Physical fatigue – for a couple of weeks going to work felt like 5 continuous laps of the FTD.
    Mental fatigue like I’ve never had before – I would have to psych myself up to open doors.
    Muscle pain – for the first 2-3 days after the first jab (AZ) it was painful to lie down.
    Insomnia.
    Not able to concentrate.
    Random muscle pain – not like the ouch pain above but more like doms but I’ve not been able to do any exercise.
    Lack of strength – serious decrease, cant open some jars and bottles level.
    Earache – lasted for 10 days when I first got it and has been intermittent since – painful to listen to music, drive car.
    Shortness of breath.
    Clumsiness – like constantly clipping door frames when walking through and hitting cups on the shelf when putting them away.
    Suddenly losing balance – dizzy for a split second.
    Second jab at 8 weeks put me back in the recovery to about week 5 from the first.

Dr doesn’t seem too concerned so I guess I’m not the only one. Having actual Covid must be really awful.

simondbarnes

Had 2nd one now. No side effects whatsoever, same as first time.

revs1972
    Free Member

Had second Moderna jab on Thursday, started feeling jaded in the evening. Was running hot and cold all night and all day Friday. Aching, nausea, really bad headache. Lost appetite.
    Felt better Saturday, with headache remaining. Good sleep last night , feeling good today.

No side effects after first jab though

piemonster

2nd AZ last Wednesday, lethargic for 3 days but that was all.

reluctantjumper

Just to check on something:

Had my second jab just over 3 weeks ago and only had a bit of lethargy the day after but for the last fortnight I’ve been having the occasional muscular soreness in my sternum area, especially when I’m tired or slightly dehydrated. I saw on the BBC website that some people have had issues with an enlarged heart and the fluid around it with soreness around the sternum being a sign. I have noticed that I’m down on power on the bike a bit, hitting my upper heartrate level easier. Is this something to be worried about? The soreness is limiting my appetite for exercise as harder efforts lead to it hurting that evening.

BadlyWiredDog

Dr doesn’t seem too concerned so I guess I’m not the only one. Having actual Covid must be really awful.

@dsims Sounds like a milder version of long covid tbh, which hasn’t been much fun. Hope you get over it quickly.

bsims
    Free Member

@BadlyWiredDog – Thanks, I was beginning to feel like I was over the worst of it and getting better then the second jab has set me back. Still things could be so much worse, I’ve managed to avoid the real thing so hopefully the vaccine will help protect me from that.

How are you feeling now?

BadlyWiredDog

I had a proper rough reaction to the first AZ jab, six weeks of nastiness, then two weeks after the second jab improved significantly. I’ve been riding an e-bike regularly for the past six weeks and now back on the cross bike too. I even rode my mountain bike yesterday for the first time in around 15 months and discovered that my head insists on writing cheques that my legs can’t cash and that I (still) have no self restraint on a bike – did a PR chasing randoms down one of my favourite descents – HR in the high 150s / low 160s. Totally trashed afterwards, but in a normal way.

So, getting there. It’s just amazing to be outside again and in high places. At the start of this year, all I could manage was a slow stroll around a football pitch. Don’t know if the improvement’s down to the vaccine or time and rest, probably a bit of both 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had my second Moderna at 5pm on Thursday. Felt great until around 6am on Friday and felt wiped out for 24 hours. Still not quite right, no appetite which is always a telling sign I am ill.

poah
    Free Member

had both my bioNtech jags and other than a sore arm I had no side effects.

MoreCashThanDash

Eldest had his first Pfizer on Thursday and nothing more than a sore arm

edward2000
    Free Member

Just stumbled across this thread because 48 hours after my 2nd Moderna jab I’m still in bed, very exhausted and bored

alpin
    Free Member

Had my second jab yesterday. This time Biontech (lots of folks here in Germany are getting a “cross vaccination”, i.e. one of each.

Feeling like crap now. Feverish night’s sleep. Shivers and sweats. Aching muscles, particularly my legs and back. Serious headache.

Stupidly I had several beers (and the rest), not much sleep the night before and then rode 35km to the docs and then another 20km home.

Next time I’m getting jabbed on a Monday and not getting drunk the night before.

LAP13
    Free Member

2nd AZ Thurs evening and almost immediately got a very sore arm but thought I’d gotten away with anything more.

About 1am I got the start of ‘flu’ symptoms but mostly the physical discomfort, my legs were agony no matter how I was positioned, like DOMs but worse, this lasted about 18 hours and then just fatigue. Seem not too bad now. Just weird.

Houns

Anyone had any side effects from their booster? Got mine booked in for Saturday

Having actual Covid must be really awful.

It was a breeze in comparison to what some of you are describing

bsims
    Free Member

Anyone had any side effects from their booster?

Almost as bad as the first only in a different order.

jimw
    Free Member

Anyone had any side effects from their booster?

So far so good, but I had it this morning so there’s time yet…

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.