Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • Sandwich

58 and vaccine at 6pm last night. I have a slightly sore arm. Also had a bad night but that was herself having hot and cold sweats and needing fluids. I am a “ bastard” for not having a reaction. 😁

sprootlet
    Free Member

50 – AZ
    Side effects started 5 hours after jab, felt freezing but was hot to touch, body shakes at 3 am – literally couldn’t read the side effect form because I was shaking so hard. A day of laid on the sofa with even my eyeballs aching.
    Next night – night sweats, soaked the bedding 2-3 times. Next day head and body aches again
    3rd day – just a banging headache and sore arm
    4th day fine

branes

I had the AZ one, and I’ve also had CV-19.

Had the jab Sat morning, started feeling achy Sat evening, flu aches all Sat night, but pretty much back to normal on Sunday. Like a very mild version of the real thing in fact. Arm felt like it had been repeatedly punched for a few days.

patagonian
    Free Member

The BBC are reporting this morning that the older you are the less the side effects.

BadlyWiredDog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

The article referenced above. Initial response varies with age and randomness, stronger response / side-effects doesn’t point to heightened immunity, having had covid already may lead to slightly more vigorous reaction.

I was jabbed, AZ, on Sunday, in my 50s, fine all day Sunday, woke up with a sore arm on Monday and felt horribly achey and crap all day, mostly better by Tuesday lunchtime, though still slightly sore around the injection site.

It’s interesting feeling crap but knowing it’s for your own good and not ‘real’. Unfortunately you still feel rubbish 🙂

devbrix
    Free Member

The BBC are reporting this morning that the older you are the less the side effects.

Yes, true for Pfizer. Mostly mild.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html

StuF

Mine was, jabbed Saturday afternoon. 24hrs later achy and washed out, walking the dog was an effort.
    Monday morning bit better, by monday evening back to normal. Surprised me how suddenly I felt normal again, usually if you feel like that you gradually feel better over several days

gallowayboy

58, Pfizer jab 4 weeks ago. Ok at first, then a week of on/off fluey symptoms. Headaches, fatigue, sweats and chills and Disturbed sleep. Not bad enough to keep me at home/in bed, though maybe I should have taken it easier the first couple of days. Arm was sore for an hour then fine.
    Good to get it done, looking forward to part 2….

DezB
    Free Member

Mine seem to be seeing mulitple threads about the same thing hahal lollol. Where’s Cougar when we need him.
    Nah nothing else. Had a headache, but that might’ve been the booze.

Excersice post Covid jab

StuE
    Free Member

I had the AZ at 14.30 by late evening felt a bit like I was coming down with a cold, ached a bit and shivery,slept ok and did a 20 mile mtb ride the next afternoon no sore arm

Trimix
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to pretending I’m feeling crap so I can skive off work.
    Only downside is my work colleagues are followers on Strava. So that spoils it a bit.

nedrapier

The main side effect for my dad (74) going for his vaccine was that he caught bloody Covid at the centre. Nowhere else he could have caught it, he’s not been anywhere else.

Really ill for 3.5 weeks, coughing all night, maybe 2,3 hours sleep before dawn. Loads of fluid on the lungs, feeling like drowning, lost 4 kilos. Sounds like he’s improving now, though.

fatoldgit

Nothing at all, not even the sore arm I get from the annual flu jab,

franksinatra

I’m 42. I felt rotten the following day, high temp, achy, really tired. Had my second vaccine last week and it was even worse, I felt really ill for 72hrs.

But, I’ve also had COVID (longish hospital admission) and I can categorically say that COVID is worse than vaccine side effects. So, moral of the story is that it doesn’t really mater how bad the vaccine makes you feel, its better than the (possible) alternative.

joefm

37 and massive chills all through the night. Felt pretty wiped out for a couple of days. Got to be better than covid though…
    Protected me when the mrs had covid a couple of weeks after too

Vortexracing

54, had mine at 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Good nights sleep, but feel a little jaded sat her typing this. (fingers crossed this is all I get)

johnx2
    Free Member

AZ 18:00 yesterday, 58 (Jesus 58!). Feel slightly jaded, bit spaced out. Same as normal really… Shoulders ache but did some handstand push-ups last night for the first time in ages, for some reason.

patagonian
    Free Member

Yes, true for Pfizer. Mostly mild.

Not how I read it……..

Prof Andrew Pollard, who led trials of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine – “The older you are, the less the side effects – the over-70s have almost no side effects.”

Houns

42 when I had it 9 weeks ago. Pfizer. Sore injection site for 4 days(like you nudged a tree with shoulder whilst riding), a slight fever at various points in the 24 hours post injection. Have my second jab in 10 days

mildbore

66 and I had the az jab. Next day I felt tired and nauseous, ok the following day. So it seems that most who have had the az jab had side effects? This is similar to what I have found with my neighbours, 6 or 7 had the az jab and only my wife reported no side effects.

dove1

AZ – nothing of note after the first jab. Just a slightly sore injection site for a couple of days.
    Just the same after the second jab. However, 10 days after this I was on a ride and suddenly felt really rough: runny nose, coughing, eyes watering and hard to breathe deeply. It made the ride home very hard. Felt rough all that afternoon and evening, like a really bad cold. Took a couple of brufen, went to bed early and woke up on the Monday morning feeling fine.
    I didn’t really link it to the vaccine until my wife told me that one of her work colleagues had exactly the same symptoms 10 days after her vaccination. Of course, it could just be a coincidence.

My son (20) had his 1st AZ jab and started feeling hot and ‘twitchy’ within a few hours. Spent the night having really vivid dreams and waking every half an hour or so with aching joints in his arms and legs. Next day he felt like he had a bit of a hangover but by mid-afternoon was back to normal.

40mpg

They put the Pfiz in me 2 weeks ago, nothing but a sore arm for a few days. Had my first ‘normal’ flu jab this winter and properly felt rough for 36 hours, temp, skin crawling, aches etc.

I had Covid sysmptoms last March (no testing then) but was really rough for a few weeks, so whether that affects side-effects of the jab I don’t know.

My wife had hers Monday (AZ), she got the 36 hours of hell, same as her normal flu jab, but right as rain this morning. If she had previous Covid, it was very mild.

Both 51

benjamins11
    Free Member

38 – Pfizer jab
    Sore arm after the first one for a couple of days nothing else.
    Less sore arm the second time – was a bit disappointed to be honest.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Was vaccinated on Tuesday, fine for about 10 hours, then horrible shivers, nausea, stomach issues. Spent all day in bed yesterday. Feel more or less normal today, just slightly achey arm.

My Fitbit heart rate trace for the day looks quite interesting.

sturmeyarcher

Had the AZ 2 weeks ago. I’m 46, no conditions so a bit puzzled why I got the call, but jumped at the chance. Anyway, slightly sore arm for 4-5 days but fine other than that.

zippykona

AZ 15 hours ago and not even a sore arm.
    That my friends is the kiss of death!

surfer
    Free Member

Had the AZ one 24 hours ago. Felt fine but woke up feeling a bit tired and sluggish this morning. Not ill at all just like I need a vat of Coffee.

Bunnyhop

Had mine AZ last Thursday evening.
    Next day woke feeling sick, quite cold and fatigued. My arm felt as though someone had kicked it, which was odd as it wasn’t the arm that got jabbed (that one felt absolutely fine) :0)

Next day woke as if nothing had happened.

My friend who still has C19 antibodies from her bout of the virus was in bed for 24 hours feeling really poorly.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Had AZ just about 4 weeks ago same as a lot people who woke up in the night with headache from hell. Had flu symptoms for about a week then just felt like dogshit for about another week or so. High temp elevated sympathetic NS when taking my HVR. Have a friend who had covid really bad & side effects to vaccine as well – he assured me covid is much much worse.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

My son (20) had his 1st AZ jab and started feeling hot and ‘twitchy’ within a few hours.

20?!

zippykona

My friend had AZ yesterday and feels like crap. Exactly the same symptoms as when he was poorly in Spain ,December 19.

gonefishin
    Free Member

My son (20) had his 1st AZ jab and started feeling hot and ‘twitchy’ within a few hours.

20?!

Well my guess would be an underlying health condition.

47 and had the AZ one last week. Sore arm (no shit sherlock) and a bit of sore throat the next day. Basically nothing.

stevextc
    Free Member

52 … AZ vaccine (1st dose) … no side effects except I felt a bit tired the next day (but I was up at 04:30 so possibly totally unrelated)

No sore arm, no sore throat … and as a bonus ?? I seem to have avoided catching the virus in the packed indoor area.

andywill

I (65) had the AZ jab, felt a bit tired for the first 8 hours, then had a fever for about 10 hours. I felt tired the next day , but that could have been from the bad nights sleep. Had a slightly sore arm for a couple of days, but I only noticed it if a used the muscle they injected into. I would have it again without a second thought.
    Talking to others that have had it, it seems like about %50 of people will get some symptoms.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Im 52, Had the AZ vaccine 2 days ago, felt ok until this morning ? .. left arm quite painful and bruised, … Feel lethargic and no energy at all today , feels like flu if I’m honest .. done a few things this morning but now gonna chill rest of the day in front of the telly.

jag61

AZ on Sunday 8th so 3 days before 60 ok for most things since felt a bit nauseous and a bit of blurry vision looking back just very pleased to have got to 60 in one piece and have escaped COVID so far
    BJ looking like he has saved us all despite ourselves 🥰🥰😉

montylikesbeer

I had the astra on Tuesday (No 1) and had a slightly gippy tummy (also known as the “Bombay grits”)

Other than that all good

cheers_drive

45, Pfizer. Felt spaced out almost immediately after injection, thought it was just my needle aversion but I then spent next 6 hours asleep on the sofa, completely wiped out. Absolutely fine after that.

Northwind

scotroutes

Similar for Mrs Routes, though she had the Pfizer, It really knocked her out for a couple of days. We’re pretty sure she had the virus last spring so that might tie up with the notion that those who’ve already been infected have a worse reaction to the vaccination.

Yeah, I’m reasonably sure I got a very mild case of covid pretty early on- basically just felt like a nasty fevery cold and I’d never have suspected it, except I had some lasting weird taste/smell stuff afterwards. So that’d tie with the side effects I guess.

papamountain
    Free Member

48, had the AZ vaccine on wednesday. After about 12 hours and in bed, cold shivers then after a while (with the electric blanket on 6) sweats, felt ill, headache, sore arm. Thurs night I seem to be back to normal, just a sore arm.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.