Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • tjagain

60 and had the pfizer – no side effects bar a sore arm

Dickyboy

Spent the night having really vivid dreams

That’s from a 20yo, anyone else in err our age group experiencing more frequent and vivid dreams? 56 & had the AZ jab on Sunday eve, felt crap on Monday but recovered now apart from having some bonkers dreams 🤔

MoreCashThanDash

My 51 year old mate had his yesterday afternoon and was crowing about no reaction at 10pm last night.

Message in my phone at 3am this morning suggests it caught up with him….

I’m at 5pm today, anticipating a bad night and having to cancel tomorrow’s ride

thepurist

Already posted somewhere else but MrsP & I had AZ on Sunday afternoon. I had a slightly sore arm but was out on the bike on Mon, Tue & Weds. My arm still feels slightly bruised but that’s all I’ve noticed. MrsP got ready for her pre-work spin on Monday but then realised she wasn’t feeling good so didn’t go out and struggled through the day, tired and fuzzy head, had a nap at lunchtime but then she did a very gentle workout in the evening which helped. Tuesday she was feeling better but opted not to go out on the bike, then Weds she was fine apart from a slightly sore arm. My brother who lives ~100 miles away also had the AZ jab on Sunday and had no ill effects, and MrsP’s sis had AZ on Tuesday with only a very mild headache.

martinhutch

60 and had the pfizer – no side effects bar a sore arm

Supposedly it’s the second dose of pfizer that gets you, vs first dose of AZ.

muttley109
    Free Member

38, Had the AZ midday on Tuesday. I felt absolutely fine afterwards, not even a sore arm and thought i’d got away with it. Then I went to bed 10:30ish and it hit me. Freezing, teeth chatteringly cold one minute, burning up sweating the next. This continued all night and was joined by a splitting headache, aches all over, pins and needles in arms and legs, sore armpit on the side of the injection. I eventually gave up trying to sleep at dawn, took paracetamol which seemed to sort out the hot/cold issue but didn’t touch the aches. Spent all of Wednesday in bed feeling like death.
    Wednesday night I managed to sleep but Thursday was still a write-off, aches eased off a bit but I felt completely drained and spent all day on the sofa not moving apart from to take painkillers.
    Friday morning and I’m completely fine as if nothing had happened!

kilo

AZ yesterday morning, bit of a sore arm, unsurprisingly, but nothing else. Walking up with Mrs Kilo in a bit as she gets her’s at eleven so we’ll see how she gets on.

Rona

I felt absolutely fine afterwards, not even a sore arm and thought i’d got away with it.

^ Me too. Spent a most unpleasant night after being vaccinated yesterday morning (52, AZ, for those interested). Got out of bed in the night to find my legs as wobbly as a new-born lamb’s. A bit like mild flu in super fast-forward. However, somehow I found myself smiling and feeling positive and hopeful. Bonkers. 😃

Feeling somewhat better today, despite the lack of sleep, but still decidedly ropey. Have postponed the day’s activities in favour of a day on the couch. 🙂

keefmac

i had the pfizer one, nothing but a sore arm for a few days. im 46 and a type1 diabetic.

dirkpitt74

46 and had the AZ at 11:30 yesterday.
    Was fine until around 9pm, then my legs felt like lead, headache started.
    By 10pm I was in bed shivering, sweating, aching and feeling like crap.
    Kept taking paracetamol and drank plenty of water through the night.
    Shivering and sweating has stopped, now just have a mild headache and sore legs.
    Phoned in sick as I just feel knackered.

My wife who’s 45 had the Pfizer one about 4 weeks ago. She just had a mild cold and thick head for half of the day after.

chrispo
    Free Member

AZ. No side effects at all.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Cycled to docs today to be given AZ this morning. Felt like a dead-arm at the site for an hour or so when cycling doing chores after, but no other effects yet. Fingers crossed none.

endoverend

46 had AZ 3 weeks ago. Felt rough ever since. Retreated back to bed the day after, significant man flu for 3 days, bad abdominal pain for a week, headaches. Still achy all over, noticeable weakness exercising and exhaustion for days after a few hours ride, which has low amusement value. Caveat being that have long term chronic condition with whack immune system element. Just spoke to my mate who is a cancer survivor and he feels exactly the same after AZ, he feels similar but not as bad as when he caught covid a year ago…

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Daughter and I have both had AZ. Both of came down with chimp flu for 24 hrs, hers started straight away mine took 12 hours to kick in. Shivers, sweats, aches, fatigue, normal flu stuff.

Supposedly it’s the second dose of pfizer that gets you, vs first dose of AZ.

I’m hoping that’s the case but even if it isn’t considering what the possible alternative is its worth it.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Woke up at 2am and had an overwhelming desire to play my guitar, when I got back into bed my wife said she was really cold, but she was like a blast furnace to touch.
    Both of us feel a bit underpar this morning, on the positive side I’ve nailed the chord progression for Make it rain.

zippykona

60 hours after my AZ jab and no reactions.
    I think I’m in the clear. Mrs Zip was symptom free as well.
    We both had the jab at 6pm, went home and chilled. Next day we chilled.
    Maybe rest is important after the jab.

scotroutes

22 hours in. AZ. Dose 1. Age 62.

Upper arm is tender to the touch, but very localised.

Slight headache that I’ve had since yesterday. Not enough to warrant painkillers.

Feels like I’m waiting for a train to hit me. 😊

MoreCashThanDash

52, AZ jab at 5pm yesterday. Solid nights sleep, feeling ok, even my arm. Today’s exercise will be a leisurely stroll and then a precautionary afternoon on the sofa watching a cycle race.

BadlyWiredDog

46 had AZ 3 weeks ago. Felt rough ever since. Retreated back to bed the day after, significant man flu for 3 days, bad abdominal pain for a week, headaches. Still achy all over, noticeable weakness exercising and exhaustion for days after a few hours ride, which has low amusement value. Caveat being that have long term chronic condition with whack immune system element. Just spoke to my mate who is a cancer survivor and he feels exactly the same after AZ, he feels similar but not as bad as when he caught covid a year ago…

As per my earlier post, was jabbed with AZ last Sunday, had a rough Monday and half of Tuesday, then felt great Wednesday, but Thursday and Friday have been quite unpleasant and today has the feel of being the same. I’m a covid long hauler and it seems to be hitting some of us like this with a revival of classic LH symptoms and what feels like a tumble drier shake-up. A long hauler mate had similar, but then improved massively after a week.

One theory is that long haulers still have active virus hidden in hard to reach corners and the vaccine gives your immune system the boost it needs to clean them out. Here’s hoping because after making steady progress since New Year, I currently feel bloody awful 🙁

p7eaven
    Free Member

Update:

AZ jab in the morning. Short cycle ride home. Sore arm. Normal day.

4 mile stroll in the evening before sleep. No effects except for slightly sore/bruised-feeling arm at injection-site.

Woke feeling cold 4am during mad intense dreams of flying. Went to fetch water but was shivering quite violently (!) Proper teeth chattering and ‘vehvuhvevuhveuh!’

Spilled water from the glass as the shivering was so uncontrollable. Weird. Took paracetamol and ibuprofen. Feel pretty much OK now but lost a few hours sleep, we’ll see. Rest seems possibly sensible but am itching to get busy.

Harry_the_Spider

AZ yesterday. Poor night’s sleep and a banging headache. No other symptoms.

Under the circumstances I’ll take that!

dirkpitt74

46 and had the AZ at 11:30 yesterday.
    Was fine until around 9pm, then my legs felt like lead, headache started.
    By 10pm I was in bed shivering, sweating, aching and feeling like crap.
    Kept taking paracetamol and drank plenty of water through the night.
    Shivering and sweating has stopped, now just have a mild headache and sore legs.
    Phoned in sick as I just feel knackered.

My wife who’s 45 had the Pfizer one about 4 weeks ago. She just had a mild cold and thick head for half of the day after.

Well 48 hrs later, headache has gone but had another odd nights sleep – minor sweats, and even after a shower this morning I’m still having the odd cold sweats moments.

endoverend

Having effectively been isolating for a year and managing to avoid the Covid – what I’m interested in is what is the correlation between having a strong immune response to the vaccine, with it’s associated unpleasant but well worth it initial side effects – and a likely adverse long covid type reaction if having encountered the real thing? Not really seen this mentioned much, maybe its not really known.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m interested in is what is the correlation between having a strong immune response to the vaccine, with it’s associated unpleasant but well worth it initial side effects – and a likely adverse long covid type reaction if having encountered the real thing? Not really seen this mentioned much, maybe its not really known.

I think the short answer will be that nobody knows. The BBC article linked earlier in this thread is worth a read if you’ve not seen it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

souldrummer
    Free Member

66 Had AZ jab. Walked to and from the vaccination centre without issue. Had a sore arm for about 24 hours and felt a few percent below par for the next day, but otherwise was fine.

oldnpastit

55. AZ on Friday. Feeling rough today. Paracetamol, sleeping, and watching junk on TV.

Not helped by one of our dogs deciding to whack me with her paw where I had been vaccinated. My own fault for not giving her 101% of my attention.

snaps
    Free Member

54, AZ jab @ 1300 on Thursday, didn’t feel a thing – slight headache that evening but fine next day & been for 22 mile ride with some steep climbs with no problems.

retrorick

AZ this morning, feeling fine at 5pm. I’ve spent the day doing diy so i can blame the sore arms on that rather than the vaccine. Looking forward to wild nightmares tonight, fingers crossed!

fossy

So far so good. Jabbed at 3pm yesterday. Cycled 10 miles off road to the appointment, jabbed, and cycled back. Really efficient service at the Tennis Centre at Etihad (Manchester).

Very mild soreness near the injection site, and just feel achy and stiff today, but I think that’s because I did 20 miles on the 90’s rigid MTB.

I think exercising before and after makes a difference and reduces any soreness.

somafunk

Had mine a month ago (age 48) (AZ) and was feeling smug for the first 12hrs then it hit me, couldn’t get out of bed without help for near enough a week as my muscle tone was locked rigid, felt utterly drained and a month later im still not fully recovered – im usually feeling exhausted due to my spms but this is a totally different level of exhaustion and deep aches/pain in joints etc, I should say ive got a very active immune system so my MS consultant is continuing to monitor my recovery, and I’ll get tested for my antibody response to the first dose before a second dose is considered.

My Mum (age 66) had the vaccine a week before me, she felt a wee bit off for a day then got straight back into her 15miles a day walking regime.

Her friend wasn’t so fortunate (age 68-she had breast cancer a few years ago-fully recovered though), ended up in hospital for near enough a month, she’s getting home t’day. Started with bruising on her skin and feeling drained then she collapsed and was taken into hospital with a platelet count of 13000/ml which is somewhat less than ideal (150000-400000/ml), all tests were done as they thought it may be leukaemia/mylodysplasia/blood cancer etc but all came back clear – she was on multiple daily platelet iv’s which dropped back down to critical levels within hours of infusion, vit k, plasma amongst a raft of other stuff I can’t remember but then went into shock due to all the blood transfusions so was put on steroids and crypto something to calm her immune response down – touch n’ go for a while as they couldn’t find a reason for her low platelets. Thankfully over the past 5 days her platelet count has gradually risen to 45000/ml and continues to rise on a daily basis but she’ll need further transfusions. A report has been made of all her hospital notes and condition/treatment etc and been sent to AZ, the consultants haven’t came out and said it was an immune response to the vaccine but they can’t rule it out as everything else has been tested and given the all clear.

Her husband who usually is the type who cries “man-flu” at every opportunity didn’t experience any side effects whatsoever from his AZ vaccination.

inkster
    Free Member

No post jab effects for me 48 hours later, I had the AZ one.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

51 here – both of us had Covid at the end of Jan. AZ vaccine gave me us a sore arm for a few days. Both had flu-like symptoms the next day for one day. Fine ever since

kilo

Been a bit tired since my jab but not too bad, Mrs kilo has been wiped out most of today and had a headache so a slight minus, but on the positive I got to watch Milan – San Remo almost in its entirety so every cloud etc

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I had my AZ vaccine at 11:20 this morning and I don’t seem to have any side effects yet other than my wifi router rebooted when I walked in the house which is a good one for conspiracy theorists I am sure.

somafunk

Throw your router away, you’re now fully 5G compliant.

pennine
    Free Member

Wife had her first jab 7 weeks ago & 2nd Jab 1 week ago. Both times only a sore arm for 48hrs. I had 1st Jab 5 weeks ago with only a sore arm for 48hrs. Both of us had Pfizer & over 60

MoreCashThanDash

24 hours on, feeling a bit tired but nothing worse, not even a sore arm. Leisurely stroll with a mate this morning, hoping to have an easy ride tomorrow.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Has the A Z at 6pm yesterday ,felt ok after went to bed at 10-30 as work this morning at 6-30am… Woke at 3.30am aching and just could get back to sleep properly, in work at 7am drank loads of juice and coffee and was a tad sweaty, home at 10am and ive been wrecked ever since, lethargic. I felt the same way for a day back in March 2020 a week after my wife and father in law returned back from Teneriffe …..it lasted a day then too a good nights sleep and i felt brand new last time, fingers crossed I can report back the same tomorrow.

Northwind

If having had the virus and having antibodies makes a bad reaction to the vaccine more likely, does that also mean that second doses are more likely to lead to a bad/bigger reaction?

BadlyWiredDog

If having had the virus and having antibodies makes a bad reaction to the vaccine more likely, does that also mean that second doses are more likely to lead to a bad/bigger reaction?

I’ve seen a couple of suggestions that the Pfizer seems to give a more pronounced reaction on the second dose, but the AZ is the other way round.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.