Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • Painey
    Free Member

I had the AZ jab last Friday morning. 4 days on and I after a rough night’s sleep last Friday, I now feel dizzy and tired. I also keep getting a weird tingling feeling in my face, the sort you tend to get if you get cold sores. I was hoping to go for a ride tonight but I may have to rethink that one.

What I will say is none of this or any of the other side effects should put anybody off having the jab. Most of my friends and relatives have fared better than me and most have had none whatsoever.

fathomer

Had the AZ at 4.30pm yesterday, felt slightly light headed most of the evening. Went bed as normal at about 10.30pm and slept fine till 2.20am when I woke up cold, slept on and off till I woke up at 5am cooking.

Since I’ve been up I’ve felt mildly hungover, tired and a little achy. Fingers crossed that’s it and I’ll be back out on the bike tomorrow.

FWIW I’m 39, reasonably fit and heathy. Pretty sure I haven’t had the proper thing, certainly not had symptoms at any pint.

sanername

I also had the AZ yesterday at 430. Was fine until about 5am, when I woke up feeling a bit achey. Had breakfast and then got hit by a wall of exhaustion. Been napping on and off since then, a bit like a hangover but without the existential dread.

I had the virus pretty badly in March last year. Didn’t go to hospital, but was quite delirious and in and out of symptoms for a couple of months. Still had antibodies in Jan as I had a test to see if I could join up to the blood plasma trial, but I think that’s been cancelled.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ve slept most of the morning and now feeling much better.

pennine
    Free Member

Had my second Pfizer jab on Sunday. No more than a sore arm for a couple of days for both jabs.

fozzie
    Free Member

Male, sinlge, 55 years old, First AZ 19th March, no side effects other than a slightly sore arm.
    Exactly one calendar month later, wake up, OK, go to work, OK.

Mid morning, start to feel cold. Late morning unable to feel warm regardless of jumper and coat, start to shake, no one else in office feels cold, drive home, do not remember journey.

No appetite, turn heating up and try to sleep under duvet fully clothed.

One day later, just starting to feel normal, Paracetamol seems to work.

Normal temperature, no headaches, no sore throat, no lack of taste etc.

I have been socially distancing, other than meeting two people in a large ventilated office.
    I would not have mentioned the above, but symptoms match other people’s reactions, just very, very late.

jamesoz

Had the Moderna jab Sat afternoon, 47 yr old male. No reaction aside a slightly sore shoulder at the injection point. I actually felt better than I normally do on a Sunday morning as I avoided alcohol as advised. Also was advised to take two paracetamol befor bed, which I did.

b230ftw
    Free Member

My wife had the Moderna jab and apart from a sore arm for a day was perfectly ok.

I had the Az and after a day I’ve felt like crap. Exhausted, bit of a brain fog and achy. Thankfully working at home but I’m knackered if I try to do anything – walking up and down the stairs leaves me knackered.
    Is that common?

unsponsored
    Free Member

AZ at 3pm last Saturday. Rode MTB in the Dales on Sunday. No issues. Arm wasn’t even sore.

dthom3uk

Two days on from the AZ jab and I’m feeling almost 100%. I spent a couple of hours in bed yesterday afternoon with a rough headache but felt better when I woke up. Then I was just generally feeling lethargic. I ended up having an afternoon on the sofa watching the Tour des Alps and then some snooker…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Day9 after first OxAZ jab and I’m still waiting to feel human again, now signed off sick for this second week by by GP. :/

Yesterday morning I woke up without the dull headache that started around midday on Saturday 17th, but by ~1100 I could feel something brewing in the background, which developed into another full-on episode that’s continued since.

The body aches/pains are still there but more subdued now, still quite mentally and physically fatigued, while the arm and leg heaviness seems to have gone.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Almost 48 hours on from the jab I feel largely ok again. Bit tired and a sore arm, otherwise ok this morning

fathomer

I had a decent nights sleep last night and feel almost normal this morning after mine on Monday evening. Not counting my chickens yet though!

greavo

49 y/o male. First Moderna jab just over 48 hours ago, done at the Etihad Manchester. No side effects whatsoever. The needle didn’t even hurt (they kind of distract you), a very mild pain if I pushed into my arm at the jab site for the first 24 hours. That’s it, for now….

racefaceec90

Probably not a good idea to read this before getting my first jab tomorrow afternoon lol

Will be getting the jab I must add.

somafunk

My mum (66) had her 2nd AZ vaccination yesterday morning, had a bit of headache last night and felt a bit rough/feverish but paracetamol sorted her out, no ill effects at all this morning so needless to say she carried on as usual which for her meant a 20 mile cycle then a hike up a local hill (screel hill, galloway)

MartynS

47 y/o here..
    AZ jab on Monday at 6pm. Felt a bit sore Tuesday morning and i’d had a crappy sleep. Did a load of stuff in the morning but ran out of steam after lunch. Had a wee sleep and felt fairly rubbish when I woke up, by 7pm (25 hours later) the cold shivers began. Bed with hot water bottle. Wednesday, still some joint pain and quite lethargic but not so bad.

it may have been said somewhere else in the thread but talking with those that have had AZ jabs the first is the worst one, the second is far less reactive, it seems its the reverse for the Pfizer Jab

weeksy

50 hours in. After feeling rubbish thus morning I then improved in the day, enough to be able to do a 30 min Zwift. Feeling a bit drained now again, but far from terrible.

jamthemace
    Free Member

49 y/o and I had the AZ jab on Tuesday around 2pm. Was fine until midnight and then endured a rough night with some mad, vivid dreams and had flu/hangover symptoms most of Wednesday. Felt close to normal in the evening but woke up this morning at 3am feeling odd with no chance of getting back to sleep.
    It’s going to be a long day.

weeksy

LAst update i hope…. day 3 since having it… i feel fine and dandy today. No issues.

muggomagic

I’m 45 and had the AZ jab on Sunday afternoon.
    I started feeling a bit rough that evening, similar feeling to when you feel that you are coming down with a cold. Felt ok Monday morning, though did feel light headed a few times and I felt kind of lethargic almost like I had been out on the piss the day before. Tuesday I felt a little bit more normal, but then Wednesday I felt totally wiped out. Everything ached, I had a headache and just felt so tired. I ended up sacking off work as I just wanted to go to bed. Slept for 4-5 hours and woke up feeling great.
    Feel good again this morning so hopefully back to normal now.

mccraque

20 hours in… AZ at midday yesterday. Fine til 4am, then shivery and a bit achey today. But head is fine. Just a bit tired.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Ended up finally ringing 111 about my headache (not the worst I’ve had by some way) yesterday morning after having it for four days (duration very unusual for me), while waiting for the callback from GP it ironically began to subside… Told to head to A+E for tests if it returns.

Touch wood, the threat of visiting SGH seems to have done the trick, I’ve woken late again this morning at ~0900 after briefly waking randomly at ~0400, but other than that I feel vaguely human.

Even managed a ~15min very gentle ride just before dinner, my first since Mon 12th, I’d struggle to remember the last time I hadn’t ridden for nine days… Never has a ride around the local estate felt so good! 😆

Fingers crossed this is my final entry in this thread.

eskay

Had AZ Sunday lunchtime, felt a but odd Monday lunchtime so took some paracetamol and felt ok again. Have found my commute feeling a bit tougher up to yesterday but fine today.

I had a couple of very disturbed nights sleep but was much better last night.

racefaceec90

well just had my first jab about 30 mins ago (astra zeneca on the card).

just hoping now that there are no side effects if possible.

crazy-legs

Had my first (AZ) yesterday lunchtime.

Didn’t sleep great last night but that’s been a recurring thing for me recently so not sure it was a side effect. Other than that, apart from a slightly sore arm when I rolled over onto it, no problems at all.

nickjb
    Free Member

First az jab yesterday. So far so good. No ill effects at all apart from a slightly achey shoulder today but that’s nothing new

w00dster

47 year old male. Had mine on Tuesday afternoon. Felt great all afternoon, went to bed normal time. Woke up about 1am covered in sweat but feeling freezing cold. Had a temperature, only 39.8 degrees but felt aweful. Was having spasms, abs absolutely killing me. Didn’t sleep at all. In the morning felt better, temperature was 38 degrees so coming down, but had was very musty. Did 2 hours work but couldn’t concentrate, been off again today as still exhausted and fuzzy head.

woody2000

Had mine yesterday morning (AZ). OK till I went to bed then I’ve had the worst night I’ve had in a long time. Freezing/boiling, thrashing about. Gave up about 45 mins ago and got up. Feel like death warmed up 😐

Popped some pills, will see if that helps.  Might be a sofa day otherwise! 49 yo male

leffeboy

AZ, 58 guy.  Slight headache and a bit wiped out for a few hours but slept well with some paracetamol and ok the next day.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I had the pfizor on Wednesday. Had a few hours feeling poo yesterday but other than still having a sore arm seem to now be ok

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m the same as you but a day later @tpbiker – jab yesterday, feeling a bit ropey now, just light nausea and tiredness. Not too bad, just conscious of been not 100% really. Feel like I need a snooze but that could be a typical Friday feeling!

Paul-B

42 years old, 24 hours (had to edit as initially put 12…maybe my it’s affected my brain more than I thought!) since I had my 1st AZ jab.

Arm is aching a bit and feel a little rough but had some paracetamol and don’t feel too bad. Was really tired last night and this morning. Hopefully that’s as bad as it gets!

jamthemace
    Free Member

Days 3 Woke up every hour util around 3am and then slept solidly untl 7.
    Feel better today but am still lacking energy. Went for a gentle stroll around the block and was soon breathing harder, with a heart rate akin to that if I was jogging.

dirkpitt74

Anyone else still suffering side effects weeks after?
    Had AZ 6 weeks ago and since then have just been lethargic, achey and generally feeling not 100%.

pete68
    Free Member

@dirkpit74, yep now 8 weeks on from my first AZ injection. Pain through my arm ,shoulder and neck. Had 6 weeks off work and now 2 on reduced hours. Doctors don’t seem interested other than to just sign me off again.

BadlyWiredDog

Anyone else still suffering side effects weeks after?
    Had AZ 6 weeks ago and since then have just been lethargic, achey and generally feeling not 100%.

Yes, but as per my earlier posts in this thread, I’ve had long covid for just over a year now and it seems a relatively common reaction with long haulers. I was jabbed around six weeks ago and only really got back to my pre-vaccine baseline this week. Apparently similar is happening with CFS/ME sufferers.

My guess is basically that your immune system gets a proper terrier-with-rat shake-up. I’ve read the specific response in the sense of anti-body/t-cell production peaks around 28 days after the vaccination, which kind of corresponds to how I’ve reacted. Of course coincidence isn’t necessarily causation and you may just have a low grade bug.

Have you had covid? Apparently those who’ve been infected tend to have a more vigorous response.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

@dirkpitt74 I had 8 full days of feeling absolutely rubbish off work and turned the corner on day 9 (Wednesday afternoon).

Managed 15mins outdoor ride Weds late afternoon but it was a real struggle, 30mins on the turbo Thurs pm which still felt far harder than normal, plus 1.75 hours in yesterday’s sunshine which had my legs moaning last night despite the easy pace.

Ever since mild Covid in March ’20, I’ve had to be a lot more careful in spacing out rides with z4+ efforts, to try and prevent massive fatigue crashes for days afterwards. As much as it’s frustrated me in terms of fitness drop and weight gain, I should be thankful I’ve not had full-on long Covid like my partner and some stw forum members including BadlyWiredDog/Ahsat/TiRed, who have had life-changing consequences from Covid so far.

My retired mum had mild Covid in March ’20, she thought her first OxAZ jab side effects lasted at least a month and I’m trying to reasure her that her second jab should be far less severe, just as it was for my partner who struggled for at least a week in Jan after the first jab.

sailor74
    Free Member

had 2nd Pfizer vaccine 6 days ago. day 1 felt like i had a head cold but felt better days 2/3/4 they yesterday came over all nauseous and dizzy, vision started going blurry and i felt like i was vibrating although the shakes wernt visible. slept most of the day. today i still feel weird, the worst part is the weather is great and i was planning a day on the trials bike and a day on the gravel bike.
    hoping this doesnt hang around too long

dirkpitt74

@BadlyWiredDog I don’t think I’ve had COVID.
    Although I did have flu New Year 2019 before COVID was a thing.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.