Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • Tiger6791

Well, after a week of a gross intake of 1800kcals/day (disregarding exercise – weightlifting/walking etc) and 2 days of a net zero kcals (two big days cycling ~ 4000 kcals exertion) and two skipped dinners I have lost a grand total of…. f-all. Haven’t put any on though.

This!!!

I think this week, I’m exactly the same 🙁 and from experience I always ‘plateau’ for a couple of weeks after the first few ‘big’ weeks. Just got to keep up the good work and push on through 🙂

If we’re using more calories than we consume then there can only be one outcome…. 🙂

FB-ATB

Haven’t put any on though.

That’s good then. A rather large meal out (with matching wine and rum) on Sat has me fearing for next week!

Tiger6791

So far this week.

Fri – 2000cals 🙁
    Sat – 1500cals & 5k Park run
    Sun – 1645cals & 26km on the bike
    Mon – 1600cals
    Today – 1100cals so far & 8km run

Soooooo f……..clucking hungry….trying to not plateau, but i know its coming… I really hope I drop something this week

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Well that’s going the wrong way. Heavier than when I started – must have been really dehydrated last week – can’t see how else I’ve put 2kg on in a week. It can’t all be due to last night’s beer, burger, chips and chocolate fudge cake – can it?

theotherjonv

Yep, it could. That’s a fair weight in itself, weigh again tomorrow.

1lb off for me. Satisfactory.

franksinatra

Just under 1kg off for me this week, 4kg since starting. Steady but not spectacular

juanking

.6kg here this week. No doubt last night carrot cake didn’t help and ‘celebrating’ end of dry January tomorrow with steak, chips and a bottle of wine will impact next week. Off out now for a 20k walk so at least offset it…

Tiger6791

Down another 3 lbs for the week

Total loss for 2020 = 16 lbs

Happy and feel much better already, well done to all above, sticking with it is progress

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Down 1kg on last week so pleased, looking and feeling slimmer and more room in the jeans…but it’s stretching my will power to the limit!
    How long do you have to avoid the snacks before it starts feeling natural?!

theotherjonv

jim – honestly, I think it takes 2-3 months. It’s an addiction rather than a need for the calorific intake, and the synergy of fat and sugar or fat and salt does trigger the same responses as when drug addicts think about cocaine

[C&P ‘ cos the bit I found was from the Daily Sieg Heil]

We might make the odd effort to eat more carefully, to watch our portions and exercise more, but, ultimately, many of us resort to bingeing on the wrong foods.

But guess what? It might not all be down to our appalling lack of willpower. According to David Kessler, the former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, over-eating might be due to something altogether more insidious – the combination of fats, sugars and salt used by food manufactures to trigger a ‘bliss’ point in the human brain.

so that’s chocolates, cake, and crisps all as highly addictive…..what great news!

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m still on the slow/steady progress. Another 0.9 kg for me this week.

The only problem with this is that beyond the scales the changes really aren’t that noticeable. My clothes still don’t fit, I haven’t started flying up hills running or on the bike.

Ah well, onwards and downwards. Matt

Straightliner

Making steady progress but it’s tough and like the comments above, there are times when you just want to eat chocolate or something that isn’t going to help the situation. I’ve been Zwifting and using the gym when I can, which is a big improvement for me from last year’s much more sedentary state. Just need to keep it all going – at some point the obvious fat loss/weight will stop heading down and then it will be about maintaining fitness and muscle rather than piling on the blubber again.

Slightly surprised by this week, I’ve had birthday lunches/dinners and a few glasses of wine/beer so wasn’t expecting much of a drop. Will try to be back to the new normal more this week and see what happens.

FB-ATB

No doubt last night carrot cake didn’t help and ‘celebrating’ end of dry January tomorrow with steak, chips and a bottle of wine will impact next week

Don’t fret about week to week, concentrate on the end goal in March.

I was out for a large meal & drinking session last weekend and feared the worse. I ended up 0.5kg down- not a massive drop but as I expected to be up I’m happy with that.

Also having some dark chocolate as a treat some nights so it’s possible to have a treat and loose the kgs.

gnusmas

After putting on some last week I wasn’t expecting any good news this week. Not the best of weeks again but somehow still managed to lose 1.1kg. Really pleased and surprised with that.

cheers_drive

My first bad week with 0.1kg back on. I actually managed a 50 miles ride, the longest in 12 months, but that then triggered my appetite and I succumbed to snacking.
    Dry January end tonight, not sure whether to carry stay on the wagon or not.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Big fat 0kg lost this week on weigh in day. The day previous I was down 0.9kg, a late meal out last night seems to have put me back up again. Another meal out tonight too, need to knuckle down a bit after that I think.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Well, 1 kg down since Monday.
    Not bad considering I was in a hotel n London for 3 of those nights and eating out, with one night boozing with a pal. Asian food is my friend – dumplings and ramen. Filling and low cals. Also had a steak and skipped the chips!!!

On top of that I smashed my PB on the bench press by 10kg this morning so I am definitely not wasting away. I am eating 300 kcals/day in protein supplements just now too.

Down 3.3kg in 3 weeks so well on target for my plan of losing 5kg in 6 weeks.

Legs, Bums and Tums today, then freeweights, a 25 mile bike ride and boxing class tonight, big MTB ride tomorrow and got two circuits classes and 3 huge MTB rides (including Jacob’s Ladder and Hellvelyn) planned for next week. Maybe get that last 1.7kg off and achieve my goal within the month.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Down to 114kg so 8kg down overall, still 3kg higher than I was at the start of December but my scales say I’ve gained a few kg of muscle, definitely feeling better for getting back in the gym and I’ve gained a notch on my belt, just as well as I didn’t have any to spare.

longdog
    Free Member

Another 1.6lbs down, so happy with that, pretty much 10lb over all 😁

Need to keep a rein on it though as some long rides 4-5 hours (last Saturday and this Wednesday) can easily trigger eating too much afterwards.

Anyone else find they have a lot of inflammation after a tough/long sessions? My thighs still look and feel fairly swollen after Wednesdays 4.5hour road ride, so I’ve maybe lost more than the 1.6lb this week.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Everyone is doing really well btw, 🤘

northernmatt

Thoroughly unexpected 3lb loss this week. Surprising really as I’ve had a few fat days for various reasons.

grtdkad

Crept down by a tiny amount, which is a relief after three days in a hotel this week.

dirkpitt74

Another 0.5kg this week.
    Overall just under 2kg gone since the start – although I’m struggling to see where it’s come off lol

juanking

Just had a big fillet steak with chips followed by homemade key lime pie/cheesecake. First drink tonight in a month, must drag myself out in the morning to work some of this off. It’s a bit bitter sweet really, very enjoyable but appreciate how hard it is to work off.

Tiger6791

Over halfway to Friday, how we all doing?

Last couple of days to sneak a ride or a run in 🙂

cheers_drive

Genuinely surprised at 0.9kg off this week after dry January ended.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ooft thats better finally made a proper move downwards.

Gutted though because i reckon what i just released into the wild would have taken a bit more off.

Tiger6791

Down another 2 lbs for the week

Total loss for 2020 = 1st 6lbs

Again, happy 🙂 Started the Year at 15st 13lbs / 14st 6lbs

(some food sometime soon would be nice though)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Down 1.1kg after 5 days, though that may be related to food poisoning

Straightliner

Well done again to those losing weight this week. Interestingly it looks like this week is showing fewer losses across the sheet – have we hit the plateau or did the end of dry January trigger some extra consumption? I lost a little but it’s less than I had expected after what seemed like a good week – perhaps it’s last week catching up with me?

gnusmas

I put on a little, really struggling with daily life at the moment with so much going on and reverting back to my old ways. Desperately trying to stop but not succeeding yet. Doctor has referred me to the national exercise referral scheme so should be starting that after half term. Hopefully with some motivation from them I will have some progress then.

juanking

.3kg kin kilo this week.. Averaging 1700 daily calories and 50k walking so I’m blaming last Saturdays steak, chips, red wine and key lime pie. Must keep the faith in the science.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

1.4kg this week which makes up for last weeks plateau. 3.8kg since the start, happy with that.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve gained ~0.4Kg this week, back up to 77.1Kg… Too many cold X buns (15) and 200g packs of chocolate raisins (4?), plus extra peanut butter and jam sandwiches (even though they have far less on each slice than through 2019).

Good job I’m doing plenty of turbo sessions, otherwise the gain would be much more!

At least Salter digital scales think I’m 10.1% fat so no increase there. So maybe gain is extra fluid absorbed by all that bread going through my gut?

Markie
    Free Member

10.1? That’s awesome! Our Fitbit scales have me at 23.5!

Tiger6791

back up to 77.1Kg

I’m 10.1% fat so no increase there

Are you sure you’re in the right place 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

Just 0.5kg off for me this week, not what I wanted but it’s all going in the right direction. Thinking about it two meals at the pub and no parkrun, losing anything is a result!

I’m happy when my, let’s face it crap, scales tell me I’ve dipped under 30% body fat.

Anyway, some great losses. Keep it up everyone and it will soon be ‘no-chub club’.

Matt

FB-ATB

1kg down- but a box (now 5) dark chocolate tea cakes has materialised in the cupboard so I don’t hold much hope for next week!

longdog
    Free Member

Dagnamit! Busy week and forgot this morning. Meal out and Mark Beaumont talk tonight so best weigh in Sunday 😖

Garry_Lager

How much weight do you reckon the hangover dehydration accounts for? Saw some good numbers on the scales this morning, but was tanning the tinto last night and woke up parched.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 627 total)

The topic ‘Chub Club 2020’ is closed to new replies.