Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • Premier Icon chrisdb
    Free Member

Another decent week for me to now 0.2lbs below my chub club target for the quarter so pleased with that.

@FB-ATB I can’t work out it out either, although I’m working on the theory that it seems to take my body about 5 days to react to a significant calorie defect i.e. did loads over the weekend, >4500 cal deficit combined over the two days, weight only dropped a bit a week or so later. Other days this week I’ve run less of a deficit, probably -700cals/day on average.

Premier Icon doomanic

Another week, another 1KG down. My weight loss is starting to slow so I’m looking to try something a little different and cut out all artificial sweeteners for a couple of weeks. After I’ve eaten the Keto Lemon Drizzle cake and Keto Chocolate Brownies I’ve baked this week of course…

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Impressive to be losing that much and still be eating cake.

Premier Icon Garry_Lager

Stabilising around 95kg atm, which is 6 lost since start of year. That’s modest compared to some, but actually feels quite significant, as I’ve been 101/102 forever. Longer term if I could hit 90 that would be the promised land, but small steps.

tbh it’s all been driven by the (lack of) beer – went teetotal 3 months back. Diet still distinctly average. OTOH if it wasn’t for covid I reckon I’d be a lot further along, eat a lot more at home int he day then I used to do at work.

wd to everyone sticking with it – some really impressive weight loss.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

tbh it’s all been driven by the (lack of) beer – went teetotal 3 months back. Diet still distinctly average.

It feels like I need to consider my alcohol intake next, an average week might be:

1 bottle red
    2 440ml cans strong craft IPA
    1 or 2 330ml cans alcohol free beer
    1 or 2 whiskies (usually a generous double, cheap stuff over ice at the moment)

Looking at it written down, it still looks ‘generous’, and almost certainly over the 14 units that’s recommended. Also, with craft IPA inevitably comes crisps!

Good compromise might be 1 bottle red, couple cans fancy alcohol free, and try my hardest to substitute crisps for pistachios or something…

Premier Icon kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

In my loss getting off the booze is big part of it, will power to stop snacking goes out the window

Premier Icon Garry_Lager

I’d say that looks like next to nowt, by my own previous standards, @13thfloormonk, but one’s alcohol intake is a personal matter. 3 pints might be a preliminary stomach liner for one, and a decent session for another. I guess the calories don’t change either way.

The AF beer is v helpful IME – I like brewdog stuff the best but it will likely get better still, given how undrinkable it all was just a few years back.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

3 pints might be a preliminary stomach liner for one, and a decent session for another.

3 pints and I’m on the floor, I’m that much of a lightweight! That’s why I’m envious of those that can drink a lot- an easy way to cut the chub, cutting the beer!

Premier Icon juanking

Down .6kg for me this week so happy with that. I restarted my walking in earnest last week and this is paying dividends already. It’s strange that even though I was previously clocking up 120k on a bike my weight remained flat. Since resuming walking of about 50k a week the weight is dropping ~.5kg a week. I try to limit calorie intake to ~1800 per day so running a decent deficit. Celebrating tonight with spaghetti bolognese and lashings of red wine, well 2 glasses anyway. Have a good weekend folks.

Premier Icon stripeysocks
    Free Member

Well done guys, I kept it static this week. Might start weights up again. Physio treatment is going again now (with us both wrapped up like parcels) so hopefully might be starting running again soon too.
    Actually started drinking a little (~100ml wine 2-3 times a week) as at my age a small +ve intake of alcohol seems to be correlated with better life expectancy. We do buy the weeny 200ml-ish bottles usually to limit temptation 😉

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

Rob – I know we can’t always keep Chub Club renewing….but could we this time! With Lockdown a lot of us have gone up, or remained static, it’s been a massive challenge with Covid. Could we start a new one “post lock down Chub Club” from 21st June to say end of September ? I would have smashed it if it weren’t for Covid…Honestly 🙂

Premier Icon Tiger6791

Current Chub club (Q2) is due to end 30th June

I’d be up for Q3

Also happy to pick up the mantle and do some Spreadsheeting and emails 👍😀

Premier Icon Wally

I have found this Q2 really difficult. Only just held onto same weight in. A Q3 would be welcome by me and help my well being.

Premier Icon juanking

I too have found Q2 to be difficult going but starting to find my groove again. If someone could continue this it would be great and could reward them with cake but that makes us chunky munkies…

Premier Icon doomanic

I could offer up a slice or two of Keto Brownies if that helps to keep it going.

My non-dieting friend polished off the last of the Keto Lemon Drizzle post ride today. I’m surprised he still has his fingers! 😂

Premier Icon FB-ATB

If someone could continue this it would be great and could reward them with cake

I like your thinking- feed someone cake so there’ll be at leat one person worse than you. Bit like not having to be fast enough to out run a lion, just faster than someone else!

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

Q3 Chub Club would be great. Summers here and we’re allowed out again, so only ourselves to blame if we miss the target come end of September.

Premier Icon didnthurt

I missed joining chub club this year, any chance for there to be a Q3 membership? Although I have lost weight since lockdown started I would like to keep it off or even better shrink the belly.

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Hey all – Q3 will be go.
    YAAAAAY! I hear you cry…

Anyone currently on the list shall be rolled over, anyone not: PM me your email and I’ll add you in.

Tiger6791 is taking over the mouthpiece duties, so he’s now to blame for the terrible communication you’ve become accustomed too.

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

So when does Q3 kick off – Friday 3rd July ? We going for 3 months again ?

thanks for the work to date Rob H

Premier Icon Straightliner

Thanks Rob for all you cajoling and amusing messages (and effort in keeping us ticking along).

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Well **** me! I’ve just done my update for the 1st time in 5 weeks and I’m below target – it’s almost like not obsessing about it works out for me 🙂

The way I’ve set things up the next quarter begins on the day the previous finishes.
    So, Q3 begins next week: 26/06/2020 A.D. (AKA The Year of the Tiger)
    3 months(ish) it shall be; ending 29th September.

Premier Icon Tiger6791

I’ve been sworn in and deputised with The Chub club Promise

I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to email every Friday
    and to the weigh in,
    to help other people, not to eat cake (everyday at least)
    and to keep the Chub Club going.

I can’t promise the wit but I’ll do my best…

Premier Icon cheers_drive

still above target, in fact my weight is 1kg up for the whole quarter. May as well blow out the next week a really go for it in Q3….

Premier Icon Wally

Bravo Rob and Tiger – count me in. Fitter but somehow heavier.

Premier Icon didnthurt

I’ve sent a private message with my email address. Thanks again. Should help me stay focused on flab free third quarter. May the flab not be with us! (Sorry)

Premier Icon doomanic

Another slow week for me with only a 600g loss over last week. It’s been a bit of a struggle for me lately with stuff going on at home that I have no control over and I feel the need to snack. Chocolate is calling me and while I’ve resisted so far it’s getting harder every day.

Premier Icon weightyvera
    Free Member

Huge thanks to Rob for the wit and the reminders. Both have helped. And thanks to Tiger for picking up the mantle.
    Sadly I have flat lined over recent weeks and am 2lbs short of my target. Lots going on over here, so exercise has been limited and the diet has not been at its peak – I think it is fair to say.
    Here’s to Q3!!😊

Premier Icon didnthurt

First weight added. It’s 1.7 more than it was 2 weeks ago 😲

Premier Icon chrispoffer
    Free Member

Hello all! I’d like to join for Q3 please. I’ve just rejoined the forum, clicked on Rob’s profile to send a pm but nothing seems to be happening….. Some things change in this world but I always seem to get heavier and the forum still remains clunky! Can I join in??

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

So is this week the start of Q3 Chub Club ? The excel file has the first weigh in as Friday 3rd July. Can the excel file be updated please 🙂

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Maaaaybe (:

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

@chrispoffer
    Have massaged you – if no worky we will find another weigh.

Premier Icon Jamie
    Free Member

Coming in hot…well, more lukewarm really.

Completely bailed on Q1/2, but in for Q3.

Need to shift the quarantine lbs….and what a quarantine it’s been.

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Welcome back our Jamie!

I can assure you, you weren’t missed :p

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

El spreadsheet has been updated, so Q3 is now officially GO!

The currency for this season, in resepct of how excited I am about the pubs re-opening* is Mr Porky Pork Scratchings. Quite fitting for this club, I feel.

No! Not because of the name – they contain very nearly no carbs!!!!

But shiteloads of fat…

*Mind you I’ve decided to knnock drinking on the head for a couple of months

Premier Icon Wally

I’m in and updated my target, bravo Rob. I need this. 0.5lb a week is target.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Mind you I’ve decided to knock drinking on the head

Quite right, you spill most of it when you’re upside down.

I was a bit miffed I went up a bit in the last 2 weeks- still gives a bit of padding for Q3!

Premier Icon chrispoffer
    Free Member

I’m in!…… and have updated the sheet with this week’s weight.

It’s the first time I’ve really tracked my weight – and as I’m a reet heifer AND the wrong side of 50 it’s definitely not before time. I started upping my dog walking (from a quick round the block to 2.5-3 miles a day) when I was on furlough and have been quite pleased that I’ve kept it up even though I’ve been back at work (from home) since the 14th May. I started on the 22nd April and have managed 182 miles since then.

I’ve managed to drop a steady 1lb or so a week since April, I’m hoping that the ‘public’ weigh in on a Friday will give me a bit of incentive to keep it going.

Premier Icon doomanic

2KG off this week. Makes up for last week’s frankly pathetic 300g…

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 627 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.