Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • Premier Icon Tiger6791

Email sent, wrote it before the Pork Scratching decision, so erm… ‘scratch that’

Hopefully it worked, hopefully I’ll remember every Friday…. reminder set!

Good luck all…

(If I totally messed up the email, sorry, go easy it’s my first time)

Premier Icon doomanic

Nowt wrong with pork scratchings. I have some every day for breakfast.

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with pork scratchings. I have some every day for breakfast.

But do you have them in your ice cream? Breakfast of champignons, that is.

wrote it before the Pork Scratching decision, so erm… ‘scratch that’

Funnily enough, I read the email and updated the currency before I saw that^ 🙂

Premier Icon stripeysocks
    Free Member

Plateauing a bit but filling in the new spreadsheet felt oddly inspiring. Will have to be brave and “maybe-later” the OH’s offers of some generously spread newly baked bread/fresh home made icecream etc etc.

It’s not so bad – it could be much worse!

Anecdote time….
    I remember driving my Mum’s partner home from hospital after he’d had a heart attack & had a stent put in. A little voice from the back confessed that she was going to have to think of something else for dinner.

“What were you going to have, Mum?”
    “Tartiflette”

I had no idea what this was but in their kitchen I found a hand written recipe which went something like:
    Lard
    Cheese
    Bacon
    Butter
    Ham

I may have said, “Jesus, no wonder he just had a heart attack!”

She was a fantastic cook (and to be fair it could as easily have been grilled fish and fresh veg) but you never walked away thinner!

Premier Icon chrispoffer
    Free Member

Tartiflette = lardy deliciousness.

Oh mah gahd fellow chubbsters, it’s Friday again already! Step on the scales please, one at a time…

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Hmm 0.4kg loss this week. I’ll take that given the aquisition of a pizza oven last week, a few beers and the kids baking brownies and flapjacks. Sun’s coming out after a dismal week, so I expect the oven will be fired up again!

Premier Icon cheers_drive

still no loss despite having my hair cut yesterday

Premier Icon doomanic

0.7KG for me, which I’m OK with.

I’m also OK with having to take a load of new clothes back to Tesco because I’ve dropped another size since buying them at the end of May! That and the fact they’re not all the same bloody size in the first place, despite what the labels say…

Premier Icon twonks

Despite me saying I will be all over this, unfortunately I just don’t do it. 🙁

However, this week has been different. After reaching my highest weight ever (in 48 years), last Sunday I decided to pay for MyFitnessPal and start again using the 5:2 eating habit.

Refuse to call it a diet as it is a change of life style for me – not something to endure to lose weight.

600 calorie days are Monday and Thursday and managed it surprisingly easy.
    Rest of the time, everything is calorie counted to 2200 a day.

Now getting into it and feel better already.

And lost 3lb this week.

Onwards and downwards (into more sensibly sized clothes)

Huge thanks to Rob for sticking with this and keeping the digs of motivation through emails.

Premier Icon juanking

Down .7kg this week for me which I’m very happy with. I’m sticking to my exercise and calorie deficit approach. Mostly sticking to below 1900 per day and exercising quite hard 3 days burning a total of ~2100 per week so the combined approach seems to work. Down a total now of about 9.5kg which is great and I’m sticking to it.

Premier Icon didnthurt

A little gain for me but then I’ve not exercised at all for the last 4 days as my hip and glutes have been too sore. Must do better!

Free Member

Plateau smashed, 0.5kg down w00t. Down to a last minute flurry of exercise at the end of the week. I was surprised TBH as the OH has worked out how to make peanut butter ice-cream…

Premier Icon Tiger6791

Small loss, but a loss is better than a gain 🙂

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

Chub Club…we have a problem! Most of us (myself included) seem to be going up in weight, judging by todays weigh in results. Must be all the muscle mass were putting on 🙂

Premier Icon FB-ATB

+1 to that- I blame the new pizza oven.

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

Dammit! I’m back to where I started – will have to take it serioulsy this week.

And stop eating crisps 🙂

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Stop buying them, that helps restrict consumption!

Premier Icon twonks

My second week of doing something about my life has resulted in sub 260lb for the first time in months 🙂

Still embarrassingly mahoosive but, going the right way.

Premier Icon didnthurt

I’ve lost 1.4kg this week but not sure how permanent it is as the last time I dipped below 75kg it was only for 2 days and then went back up to 76kg. A weight my body seems to like being at.

Ridden quite a bit this week, the crippling hip and glutes pain has subsided but I’m still a little sore and stuff after the last few days of riding. I’ve increased my stretching regime after each ride and hopefully I’ll get less sore from now on.

I’ve also been told that I have a place (1 of 12) at this years Cairngorm 300km loop ride in September. All depending on COVID-19 of course. Rode 92km on Thursday night and felt stronger towards the end than the start, I need to get at least 1 longer ride in per week from now on, wish me luck 🤞

Premier Icon didnthurt

Keep it up Twonks!

I think the “don’t buy it and then you won’t eat it!” Is the way to go. I’m terrible for biscuits but if there is any in the house then there is zero chance of me – accidentally – eating a whole packet of chocolate hobnobs 😏

Another reason why I make sure I have no coins on me so I can’t be tempted by the vending machine at work.

To all the members of chub-club, you can do it! Just keep chipping away at it and every little bit counts whether it’s refusing a dessert when out for a meal or the walk to the shop instead of taking the car, they all count!

Premier Icon RobHilton
    Free Member

I think the “don’t buy it and then you won’t eat it!” Is the way to go.

Rob concurs! Zero crips purchased this week = zero crips eaten = zero gain.

Now I just need to learn to apply the same to beer and I’m away! 🙂

Free Member

I swear by having shedloads of *nice* fruit (grapes, easy peelers, bananas, good apples) and tasty pickles about, and as a backup will try raiding the home knitted muesli for nuts and raisins before heading for THE TOAST.
    Mainly though it seems to be a frantic end-of-week flurry of exercise that shifts stuff each week.

Premier Icon doomanic

I’m glad I enjoyed my holiday, it’s be really annoying to put on 7KG in week if I hadn’t had a good time…

Premier Icon didnthurt

doomanic,

I’m no expert but I think it’s almost impossible to put 7kg of fat on in a week (that would mean you’ve eaten an additional 52500 calories over the week based on 1kg of body fat containing 7500 calories). Maybe you’ve been eating more salty food, if so, a lot of that 7kg will be water which you’ll lose pretty quick if you adjust your diet to more plain whole foods for a week or two.

🤞

Premier Icon doomanic

Yeah, I know, it just amused me that’s all. I did feel “fat” by the end of the holiday though…

I’m back on the Keto bus now so I should see a return to normality pretty quickly.

Premier Icon Tiger6791

So erm….

It’s Friday….

Who knew…??? Weigh in email coming atya..!

Premier Icon twonks

Had a couple of crap weeks but back on it now.

Quickly found that despite initial thoughts on the 600 calorie fast days being the way to go, once again I found I can’t stick to them.

2200 calories every day and the weight creeped back up so have now dropped to 1800 a day every day (for the last two weeks so far) and it appears to be working with a steady drop again this week.

The interesting one will be next weeks weigh in as the pattern needs to continue into weights I’ve not seen for a few years.

Premier Icon juanking

Been away for a fortnight so will get back into the scales of justice next Friday, hoping that a week will give me some time to shift the lard. I fully expect to have crept up by 2/3 kgs but will do my best to minimize.

Premier Icon Tiger6791

I blame going on holiday…

Premier Icon doomanic

83.3KG this week, so nearly back at my pre-holiday weight. It was easier to get back on the wagon than I was expecting.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Just under 3kg added in a fortnight- I’ll take that as a payoff for a great week’s camping with plenty of food and beer and being a bit sluggish getting back on it this week.

Premier Icon doomanic

I’m up 1.3KG this week, Eat Out to Help Out certainly isn’t helping me out! 😀

Premier Icon juanking

I too am up 1.1kg after a two week holiday. To be fair I ate lots of nice stuff and drank my fair share so to be ‘only’ up 1.1kg is ok. I’ve started hitting it hard already so hope to have shifted some of that bulk by next week.

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

After ~2.5 weeks of no proper exercise post-surgery, I’m now back up to 81.1Kg this morning… +2.5Kg in 13 days, impressive!

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

Can we may be start a new Chub Club at the end of August 😉 Let’s do Sep/Oct/Nov.. those months are way easier.

Premier Icon didnthurt

1.5kg loss this week but I don’t think that it’s accurate as I weighed myself after returning from a 95km cycle. 😬

Premier Icon twonks

Bugger. Looks like I’ve found my base rate of calories. Have been sticking to 1800 a day and this morning the weigh in was exactly the same as the week previous,

Not sure less than 1800 is going to be sustainable so might need to introduce more (some) exercise.

Still, at least it isn’t going back up 🙂

Premier Icon didnthurt

Looks like my body weight has settled on 75kg, it’s been fluctuating between 74 and 76 over the last few weeks (I weigh myself first thing every day.

Had to buy smaller trousers and shorts as my waist line has decreased.

Premier Icon doomanic

Half a kilo up this week. Seems like Italian food isn’t as calorific as Greek food… 😀

The sooner EO2HO finishes the better.

Free Member

Preliminary weigh-in suggests I *still* am on a plateau. Currently tired and cranky (I am very much exercising and eating sensibly).
    Will do the usual thing of a Sunday postride weigh to see if that helps… Bah

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 627 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.