Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • precutduck
    Free Member

I can’t see week 1 going well as I’ve got a LOT of cheese left.

I know the feeling, this weekend will be finishing things off time. Get on it properly after the weekend.

jonnyrobertson

I’m in. Sorry for the late entry, Rob. Never managed much last year what with kids, work and constant allergies. On weapons grade anti histamines which are helping greatly, trying to be more assertive re my need for exercise, trying to not shovel shameful amounts of crap into my body (it’s a wonder I’m not much bigger than I am). Started out around 87 kilos last year, today’s weigh in has me pleasantly surprised at 83.5. I was actually down to 80.something after dropping out of the chub club but then tiredness got the better of me as the eldest decided that sleep wasn’t really his thing and the old cycle of no exercise and crap food came round again. Seems like so many of us are caught in these cycles. On a brighter note for me, three cycle commutes to work (only 4 miles each way but you should see the bike, looks like I’m going bikepacking 🙄) and a run on Tuesday on my break at work and one pencilled in for tonight as well. Exercise is key for me, it helps me cope with life, if I can exercise then everything else should follow and as I keep saying to the gaffer it’ll make me a better dad and partner. Anyway, thanks for listening to my drivel and good luck fellow chubblers. 👍

TheWrongTrousers

Oh go on then …..
    Sorry for the late entry, have emailed you.
    Thanks a milion for the efforts, now I can blame you if it doesn’t work.
    🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

You should have yourself an email.
    Avec une linky

If noty then sendy me an messagey

Anyone else who wants in: you’re always welcome, we don’t discriminate!
    Except, maybe, against those who aren’t big boned…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My scales just said weight difference too great, please confirm user, somehow I’ve put on 11kg since the end of November ffs, I thought I was having trouble tieing my shoe laces.

jonnyrobertson

I’ve gone for a wildly ambitious 0.5kg per week weight loss. I think if I’m brutally honest I’ve only re-joined because Rob’s emails crack me up.

coconut
    Free Member

Thanks Rob, all filled in….. time to start the 8/16 on Monday 🙂 I’ve gone for 0.5kgs per week too.

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers got the email 👍 Moment of truth/dread in the morning 😱

Wally

Viva la Macsween Vegetarian Haggis, bravo

cheers_drive

Cheers Rob, my starting weight is in, hopefully I’ll not plateau after 3 weeks and then give up as I did last year.
    I am listed twice by the way, so you can delete the second. It’s probably because I emailed and PM’d.

gnusmas

Thanks Rob.

Just weighed myself 😲 Not the heaviest I’ve been but pretty accurate to what I’ve been telling people I’ve put on over the past few years through comfort eating (especially the last 18 months). I’m by far the biggest chub there lol.

Conservative target put in but hopefully a bit more too. Just hope I have the motivation to do this now, I know I need to 🤞

iancity1
    Free Member

Good luck to everyone 🙂

Have a feeling I may add to my login weight of 190lbs over the next 2 days though, cos everyone knows diets dont start till Mondays, and theres a fair amount of cheese/chocolate/alcohol still to consume 🙂

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Wow I can’t believe how much I weigh. 😞😞😞

No wonder I’ve been feeling terrible recently.

Anyway body is fixed now I hope so here’s to a good start.

muggomagic

Heaviest I can ever remember being mostly down to hardly riding for a month and a half due to injury and coinciding with my annual increase in Stella consumption.
    Bought another zwift set up over Christmas so will be getting in the miles on that as well as at least one proper ride a week. Also due to changing job in Nov, which means I no longer have to be up at 3:30am, I can now get back to karate a couple of evenings a week.

muggomagic

BTW myfitnesspal recommended that I consume 128g of protein yesterday (I did a pretty tough 20 mile zwift workout). Is it even possible to consume that much protein and not be way over on calories?

theotherjonv

easily…..

Chicken breast is about 150cals per 100g, and 30% protein so two of them gets you most of the way there (working on the basis that a Tesco pack of two breasts is 300g)

doomanic

Anyone got any good recipes for chicken that don’t add too many calories? Chargrilled chicken and broccoli will only do for so long before boredom has me reaching for the sauces.

longdog
    Free Member

Oh bugger I surely need new scales or a battery, that can’t be right 😤
    Oh well, onwards and downwards, I hope!

muggomagic

easily…..

Chicken breast is about 150cals per 100g, and 30% protein so two of them gets you most of the way there (working on the basis that a Tesco pack of two breasts is 300g)

Thanks but I don’t eat meat. I’ve done a bit of research and looks like it isn’t too hard. Tofu, Greek yogurt, nuts and eggs are all stuff I enjoy.

northernmatt

Weighed in. Gone for losing 1.5lb a week which I reckon is doable if I have a big poo before weigh in time.

ali69er
    Free Member

I’m in, if not too late. Always fail at Christmas!!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Done. Not massively heavy but a a nice a-cup with an impressive belly.

Got me a fitness tracker too.

gnusmas

Is anyone doing before and after pics?

dirkpitt74

Where’s the link to the spread sheet?
    Seem to have missed it somewhere.

longdog
    Free Member

Hopefully not going to fall at the first hurdle, but now unexpectedly away in a hotel 3 days this week before a long awaited hospital appointment 😖

No cycling available, so will just have to walk as much as my knee will allow and try not to eat too much or any junk.

ali69er
    Free Member

The hotel stays are fatal. I have two nights coming up. I might have to just starve myself.

theotherjonv

5:2 worked for me when I was 3 or 4 nights away in a hotel per week with work. Although 5:2 is ‘eat normally’ for the non-fast days, if you want to still be good you can usually find something relatively healthy, ask for extra veg instead of chips etc. so you aren’t overeating too bad. And then 2 days a week really be strict – bowl of porridge or weetabix or scrambled egg in the morning, and then ask for something like grilled chicken or fish and veggies for dinner, and just drink a lot of water in the daytime instead. Warm water for me seems to trigger the ‘I’m full’ feeling but drinking warm water is crap so I usually put a bit of stock in as well to give it some taste.

franksinatra

I’m over the 100kg peak for the first time in my life, need some serious weight loss action sharpish

frankconway

Have recently finished an 18 month spell of 4/5 hotel nights each and every week; thank goodness the employer expressly disallowed booze on expenses – the extortionate hotel prices limited my consumption.

frankconway

dirkpitt – see Rob’s post at top of page 1; follow his instructions.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Pm’d 👍 want to try to shift some chub and try to get the blood pressure back I a normal range. Hopefully work on making changes I can stick at rather than jumping in and bailing out the usual health kick.

welshfarmer91

Pm sent, needing a bit of incentive to get back on the straight and narrow. Only need to lose a few Kilos but seem to be heading in the wrong direction, the batch of marzipan topped mince pies my wife just made are not helping matters at all!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Just added in about 10 peeps. Either I missed the messages or you’re a noob.

If you still haven’t heard from me, try agen 🙂

longdog
    Free Member

Yeh I think I’ll atleast need to be intermittent fasting while away. Luckily drink isn’t an issue, but access to takeaways is. I’m a sucker for a kebab or a burger even sober 😂

dirkpitt74

Well I’m not quite as heavy as I thought I was – but still heavier than I have been for a couple of years.

Garry_Lager

Weighed in at 101 kg. Have to say for an obese person I feel tip top 🙂
    Nevertheless, hope to shave some kilos and arrive at very overweight – 95 would be a triumph tbh.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Did you know when you get fat you increase the amount of fat cells, when you diet they don’t disappear they just reduce in size, then when you put weight back on more cells are produced, this is why it’s so difficult to lose weight and keep it off.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you know when you get fat you increase the amount of fat cells, when you diet they don’t disappear they just reduce in size

I don’t think that’s true after adolescence is it?

naffa
    Free Member

Hi Rob, I havent heard from you so I’ve sent another pm.

I weighed myself Wednesday and feel confident that I can lay claim to the ‘chubbiest of chub club 2020 members’.

Cut out all the crap food for the last few days and been doing 30 mins a day activity which turned into run 1 of week 1 couch to 5k today. Had to leave it until after dark to run or I’d have been in for abuse from the locals.

If anyone is interested, I’ve started an Instagram page to chart my progress and maybe inspire other fatties to get more active too. Feel free to follow ’30_mins_a_day’ on Instagram.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 627 total)

The topic ‘Chub Club 2020’ is closed to new replies.