Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • northernmatt

Put a bit on, had a crap week.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Stayed at 83.6kg – what I was down to after food poisoning.

So that’s me hit my target of losing 5kgs in 6 weeks a week early.

Next target is 80kg. Current BMI is 25.8 (I’m 5′ 11″), that would take me to 24.6.

I may aim for 78kg as a final target, will see what I think at 80.

BMI results might be a little off as I’m doing a lot of weightlifting, but I’m not going down that rabbit hole!

MTBing is feeling great – got the strength to handle long rocky downhills without my quads and triceps aching.

Keep up the good work everyone!

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Today I finally broke – crisps, chocolate bars, cake, dessert, buttered toast… pretty much anything I could get my hands on.
    Diet starts again tomorrow

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Aye, I’m in London for work for 3 days and the girlfriend is here too, so chances of exercising are low and overeating are high. However, as long as I stick to normal maintenance calories (say 2300 kcal/day) then I won’t put any on, after being on 1800 or less for a month I’m actually quite looking forward to it. Might even have chips with my steak!

In other news, gym work is going great. Did legs yesterday after 2 days in a row of MTBing and increased my squat by 10kg – felt great too, not just creaking up but bouncing it up – could have gone more.

longdog
    Free Member

Grr… Back up to 241🙄 Had a rough week mentally and been off ill a couple of days with lurgy feeling sorry for myself. No excuse, must try harder!

Main thing is not to dwell and get back at it.

mrmoofo

Down 15 kg since Jan 2nd …
    ULCD

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

back up to 77.1Kg

I’m 10.1% fat so no increase there

Are you sure you’re in the right place

I’ve struggled with my weight through a vast majority of the last ~22 years (typically being somewhere in the 83-100Kg ballpark), I think the slippery slope began in earnest when I stopped regular Taekwondo training in 1996 at the age of ~22, when it was the final “proper” regular physical exercise to go after gradually letting go of racket sports and football from ~1992. All those decades ago, my TKD sparring competition weight was usually in the 70-73Kg ballpark, without being fixated on either my diet or weight.

New milestones in this latest quest to lose the excess flab this morning, even though I had no cold x bun 6-pack restraint on Sat/Mon/Weds, but probably helped by running out of chocolate raisins and chocolate peanuts packs in the cupboard around Saturday…

75.9Kg and 10.0% fat with 59% hydration level, if our scales are to be believed.

Almost lost the “dry” weight of my road bike since last Oct, quite shocked at progress since Jan, but also surprised how I’ve done ~460 “Strava Relative Effort” weekly average for last five complete weeks compared to ~325 average Nov-Jan.

Wally

Whooo hoooo – nearly at target.
    Intense work (little time to eat) gluten free smaller portions, less booze and more exercise = weight loss and a horrible cold.

theotherjonv

lb off, under 14.5 st now. Progress.

Tiger6791

Dun dun…..dun dun…. another pound bites the dust…

Dun dun…..dun dun…. another pound bites the dust…

Well 2lbs actually 👍😀

Thats 1st 8lbs lost so far this year

Vinte
    Free Member

Good effort Wally, but gluten free? I don’t think that effects weight loss.

FB-ATB

Only 0.2kg lost. Think I need to be a bit stricter at the weekend, 2 days can undo most of the effort of the previous 5 🙁

juanking

.6kg down again this week. Just back from my Friday morning walk which burned 1100kcals. Mostly adhering to 1800kcals per day and burn ~3000kcals extra per week. Also ensure exercise hard after (if) I pig out to burn the glycogen. Seems to be working so sticking to it.
    Had my 4 monthly check in with my haematology consultant yesterday who’s monitoring me after my lymphoma treatment, he noticed I was looking leaner.. Also went to my monthly Maggie’s haematology group and they too noticed I’d lost some weight but were concerned due to the implications but was happy to reassure this was intentional!

cheers_drive

Another 1kg off this week, no exercise and some comfort eating so I’m surprised.
    5.3kg in total so far and my belt needs a new hole to keep my jeans up.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Well, I’m up half a kilo to 84.1
    I’m ok with that though – the lower weight was post food poisoning and I was away for work for 3 days but had the girlfriend staying with me, so lots of eating out and drinks etc. I’m still watching what I eat and sticking to 1800kcals other than those few days off, so just trust the maths.

However, I did all my tape measure measurements today and compared them to the last time I was 84kg…

Chest is 1″ bigger and waist is 3″ narrower, with arms and legs staying about the same. This shows that my muscle:fat weight composition is skewing towards the muscle side.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

0.4kg this week, missed the gym and snuck in a few biscuits so not too bad.

ali69er
    Free Member

Bad week, full of self loathing. I actually hate myself at times

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@YoKaiser your step count this week is that of an arthritic sloth. 😂

#Icanseeyou……

Wally

Oh dear, half term Friday= valentines meal with Mrs Wally, pub trip and late curry. Slipped off the wagon.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Lots of good work from everyone!
    Seems like a couple of people have slipped a little, that’s OK though – it’s just life, and you need to cut loose sometimes! Just make sure not to take it as a sign you’ll never get there, and just go back to what you were doing successfully before. It’s not a race and there are no prizes! At the end of the day it’s just about making yourself happy.

Markie
    Free Member

Hope today’s a good one ali69er.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Down again. Sliw and steady wins the race.

Still not really focussing on it just trying to generally for good habits.

FB-ATB

It’s not a race and there are no prizes

But there are pies!

doomanic

106.3 today down from my last weigh-in of 108 three weeks ago and some time in diet hell.

I got back on the diet on Wednesday and I’m still working towards a happy place.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

First plateau, clothes are getting looser so I can live with that👍.

#Icanseeyou……

@nobeerinthefridge
    #weirdo

theotherjonv

lb or so on this week, birthdays, London trip and meal out, inevitable.

Marathon not a sprint.

juanking

-.7kg this week which is a pleasant surprise. Dinners have been a bit excessive this last week with a meal at Pizza Express, large portion homemade macaroni cheese and a fish supper one evening but am still adhering to the ~1800kcal per day rule. Also exercise is ramping up slowly so burnt 3500kcal so that hopefully explains the continued loss oh, no booze too!

dannybgoode

Any chance of joining late? I’ve hit an all time high of 17 1/2 stone due to a change in anti depressants and really need to do something about it. Need a bit of motivation though.

Tiger6791

Another 4lbs down this week

In the words of Curtis Mayfield & Bobby Gillespie ’Just got’ta keep on keeping on’

juanking

update the spreadsheet Tiger!

Tiger6791

Done ✅

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Wait, what is this spreadsheet?

Not weighed myself this week but can see a big difference in the mirror – man tits are perkier and abodominal area goes in the way instead of out now. Feel like a teenage girl!
    Looking at pics I think I’ve gone from 20% to 15% body fat. Not bad for 49 days of calorie control

Also feel that I’ve made a difference to my mindset and relationship with food – why have fries with a burger?

Which is the key. I’ve lost weight before but this is the first time I’ve moved into seeing myself differently – and I don’t want to go back,

doomanic

1.7KG down this week. Just had a big steak.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

1.7kg is amazing! You earned that steak!

I had steak last night, skipped the chips and salad – just 500 kcals of tastiness

Markie
    Free Member

Wait, what is this spreadsheet?

If you email rob, he’ll send you a link to the google doc spreadsheet where we’ve each got a row to update!

Or stick email here and I or another can send.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Or stick email here and I or another can send.

DON’T DO THIS – YOU’LL **** UP MY SYSTEM!!

Which will make me twitch…

There is a actually a system, you know 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

@yourguitarhero

@dannybgoode

PM me your start weight and email address and I’ll plead with the council of gluttony to allow you to join.

dannybgoode

@Rob Hilton – done. Thanks ever so. Before swapping meds I had got done to 99kg but have reached a heady 110.5kg of late. That said it was more important to get my head sorted but now I’ve levelled out a bit time to work on the weight 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

DON’T DO THIS – YOU’LL **** UP MY SYSTEM!!

Sorry! If it’s any consolation, my day has been one of being gently (and not so!!) roasted about my podge pack!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 627 total)

The topic ‘Chub Club 2020’ is closed to new replies.