Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 614 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • Premier Icon lambchop
    Free Member

As a lapsed mountain biker looking to return to the fold after a few years away, for the first time in ages I feel cycling could be a possibility again. Went on a keto way of eating in August and have lost 2 stone.

Premier Icon Jamie
    Free Member

Death.

Taxes.

Joining chub Club and bailing out in week 6.

Premier Icon Capt. Kronos
    Free Member

Well… that just gave me a kick up the arse (by just… Christma Eve…) the BIL had a heart attack. He is a year younger than me and I don’t know how much worse shape he is in as I really have sunk low this last year.

He is still with us. Recovery just now, but it has somewhat altered our festive plans to say the least as he lives the other end of the country. Going to try and use this as inspiration for 2020 I think.

Premier Icon Rob Hilton
    Free Member

I’d best get my (fat) arse into gear and sort this out…

First weigh-in will be 3rd Jan.

Instructions etc. Will be with you ummm… Shortly 🙂

Premier Icon jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I’m in, just sent you a PM.
    Years of being able to just about fake being in good shape have made me lazy. Need a kick up the backside to stick at something for more than just a few weeks.
    Fingers crossed and thanks for sorting!

Premier Icon Wally

PM sent here too, thanks for doing this. Very timely.

Premier Icon chrispy

PM sent – need to get my arse in gear this year, the timber has gone on over the last 12m 🙁

Premier Icon weightyvera
    Free Member

PM sent. Thanks Rob.

Premier Icon alpin

I’m going into the new year weighing several Ks less than last year. I shall not be participating… 😁

Premier Icon twonks

Email sent. Hope I will stay in for this one.

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

My mum got my other half a hot men with baby animals calendar.

For twelve months I’m going to be the lesser of two naked torsos she will see so will have to up my game… Or buy a puppy.

Premier Icon matt_bl
    Free Member

Sent a PM, so I’m in again.

Going well this year, until my wife had serious car crash. All my focus was taken up with things other than food and I had no time to exercise at all. As a result nearly all my good work was undone, especially when you factor in a ‘sod it, i’ll lose it in the new year Christmas’!

Matt

Premier Icon gnusmas

Sending PM now, thanks. Hope my heads in the right place for it this year, I really do. Could do with losing a fair bit with the amount I’ve piled on, especially over the past 18 months.

Premier Icon simonalex99

im in, need to shift some weight. lets see!!!

Premier Icon bruk

I’m in. Managed to shift a good bit about 1.5 years ago but work changes etc mean it’s crept back on.

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

#crispsforbreakfast

Premier Icon Tiger6791

Have we started?

Premier Icon SaxonRider

Is it too late to join? If not, how do I do it again?

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Pm Rob Hilton your user name & an email addy for him to send reminders and a link to the spreadsheet of shame. First weigh in tomorrow. There’ll be a collective groan from the scales and fatties alike.

Premier Icon frankconway

Done; only a few kg I want to shift but motivation has been sadly lacking.
    Target is weight loss and improved muscle tone.

Premier Icon mboy
    Free Member

Emailing you now Rob Hilton. I was conspicuous by my absence last year (too much stress to even think about dieting!), but this year I’m back on it for sure… Did well in 2018, aiming to replicate that or better. Was the heaviest I’ve ever been when I weighed myself 5 days ago at 14st7, already lost 5lb in 5 days so…

Premier Icon Trekster

Possible suggestion, is there a way you could do the data collection via a survey (survey monkey etc), (same two questions every week, username, weight) get the output of that as an .xls file, then a simple bit of VBA, or just use vlookup to transfer, would save you having to type out everyones data every week.

I wrested this task from TOJV’s sweaty grasp when I realised he was doing it in a very manual way. Google sheets it shall be again. I’d rather Excel, as I can develop it waaay faster, but anonymous access is a problem.
    A Tableau dashboard would be ideal too, but live

updates are an issue.

Errrrrr you lost me there👽
    Please explain in layman’s/pc illiterate speak😜
    Tempted to join if it’s not too difficult

Errrr

Premier Icon Trekster

mboy
    I wish I could be 14st again!!!!
    Probably 20yrs or more since I registered anywhere near that.
    Way back in the late ‘70s, early ‘80s I was a 10st weakling, now rocking almost 16st @65😏👍🏻💡

Premier Icon theotherjonv

So, here we go again…..

95.4kg, aiming for 90 by end of March and then 86ish by summer.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

86.1kg- at 5’8″ that puts my BMI close to obese. Would have to get down to just under 75kg to be at the top of the “normal” range. Looks like it’s the Marjorie Dawes Dust Diet for me!

If we’re doing BMI, I’m in the 29’s but I don’t subscribe to that……at my recent lightest I was 13st and didn’t feel good with it, and that still had me in the overweight category. To be mid healthy range I’d a further 1.5st down from that which I just can’t see.

Elsewhere, it’s been written that the BMI is flawed not only because it doesn’t take build/athleticism into account but because it’s only 2D, and we are 3D objects; ie as we get taller we get broader and deeper.

https://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi.html

(not making excuses, I’m still a fatty in need of the Dust diet, but I need a realistic expectation)

Premier Icon Rob Hilton
    Free Member

Tiger6791

Subscriber
    Have we started?

Sort of. Well, I’ve weighed myself 🙂

Due to the number of late entries and a little procrastination on my part the email & link will be a day late.

So, weigh yourselves today, hope your starved brains will have the capacity to renember what it was and you’ll have something to record it in tomorrow.

Chub Club is (almost) go!!

*Rob is so excited! 🤗 🤗

Premier Icon muggomagic

I think I’m in. Emailed Rob again as hadn’t heard anything (posted before I saw Rob’s post)
    I started keeping a food diary with myfitnesspal a couple of days ago as I’ve stopped eating meat a few months back and was mildly concerned that I wasn’t getting enough protein as I seem to take a few days after a ride before my legs stop aching. Turns out I’m consuming less than half of what it’s telling me I should be having and that’s with making an effort to eat more protein. Will need to be more like Mr. Strong and have eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    The other depressing thing it tells me is that the snickers duo that I had yesterday has more calories than my main meal did! I’m going to miss those delicious nutty chocolate treats.

have a bigger main meal and the balance will be restored. Sorted!!

Premier Icon muggomagic

have a bigger main meal and the balance will be restored. Sorted!!

You don’t get a body like this by accident 😀

Premier Icon longdog
    Free Member

Dagnamit! Forgot it was today (I blame the lack of email 😉) so have already drank a gallon of tea 😤 Will weigh tomorrow!

Premier Icon FB-ATB

BMI… I don’t subscribe to that……at my recent lightest I was 13st and didn’t feel good with it, and that still had me in the overweight category. To be mid healthy range I’d a further 1.5st down from that which I just can’t see.

I do tend to agree- I know I’m not a brickouthose rugby player getting a high BMI- more of a Daddy Pig, I just find it a simple tool to try and come up with a target. Think when I started riding loads in late 2014 to do the Pru 100 in 2015 I was around 89kg and dropped to c75kg by the time of the ride.

Just found my data for the original Chub Club from 2017 (who’s idea was that then?). I started at 85.6kg, was 75.4kg at the end of March and 69.5kg by the end of Jun. The April – June I remember was tough going. and even at the low 70kgs I still had a bit of flab but struggled to shift it.

depressing thing ..is the snickers duo that I had yesterday has more calories than my main meal

Snickers is my kryptonite too! So far since being back at work this year I’ve a 100% success rate at avoiding the vending machine. About 1hr to go before the munchies kick in and the desire to go walkies starts….

Premier Icon mboy
    Free Member

mboy
    I wish I could be 14st again!!!!

Yeah but I might only be 4ft tall! 😉

86.1kg- at 5’8″ that puts my BMI close to obese.

BMI is highly misleading indeed. I’m only 2 inches taller but last weigh in the other day was 6kg heavier so even closer to the “obese” tag line…

Premier Icon FB-ATB

So how did you manage to drop 5lb in as many days? Are we going to see the imboy diet for sale?

I can’t fathom how the bmi reckons a healthy weight for my height is 55-74kg. At 55kg that’d be almost emaciated.

Premier Icon nickc

concerned that I wasn’t getting enough protein as I seem to take a few days after a ride before my legs stop aching.

I wouldnt be unduly concerned about aching legs after cycling. Most people (including vegetarians) get enough protein, once you work out where to get it from (veg obvs, and the great thing is you can rarely eat too much) I’d be more concerned about diettry fibre.

I also don’t rate BMI. It’s a population sized model rather than for individuals, although it’s clearly a good enough proxy

GOOD LUCK 🤞

Premier Icon bruk

Thanks Rob.

Weighed in this morning and recorded it.

Do we have a standard group weigh in plan. I always go for first thing in the morning before breakfast as my starting point. Guess it doesn’t matter as long as you always do the same thing each weigh in.

Premier Icon muggomagic

I wouldnt be unduly concerned about aching legs after cycling. Most people (including vegetarians) get enough protein, once you work out where to get it from (veg obvs, and the great thing is you can rarely eat too much) I’d be more concerned about diettry fibre.

I Wasn’t overly concerned but they did seem to be aching longer than usual, I just thought that it might be a reason hence logging it all on mfp. I will definitely be upping my intake and will look at the fibre too.

Premier Icon FB-ATB

Managing to resist the lure of the snickers, but I finish work in 1.5hrs and there’s the temptation of the cheeses left from Christmas…

Premier Icon Tiger6791

Emailed again as I think I’ve missed out 🙁

Premier Icon northernmatt
    Free Member

I’ll join in, I’ll PM you Rob. I was going to last year but I’m now the wrong side of 16 stone and I can’t remember the last time I rode a bike that wasn’t just a trundle round the park with the kids.

I can’t see week 1 going well as I’ve got a LOT of cheese left.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 614 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.