Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Who’s a fat ****?
    Rob’s a fat ****!
    Are you a fat ****?
    How would you like to just be a ****??

I’m, like, seriously tubby and need to do something about it.
    Who’s with me? STW Fat **** support group will be new & improved for 2020 – you want in?
    Course you do! Who wouldn’t??

Looks like emailers are no longer displayed in one’s profile, so if you know what my emailer is, send me an email with your username & email address (important – it means less copy/pasting) with the subject “Chub Club 2020” and I’ll add you in.
    If you don’t, PM me with your user name & email address.

It’s gonna be great! It’s gonna be wizzy! It’s gonna be kgs/pounds/pennyweights of blub-shedding!

Instructions will follow once I’ve decided how to set it up…

Tiger6791

12th time lucky 👍😀😂

tdog
    Free Member

Ooooo Might have to count me in*

* bookmarked 👍

Thanks fatty from another fatty 👍

sparkyrhino

Pm’d

PiknMix
    Free Member

Yup, I’m in. Had the worst 2019 and I’m going to smash the arse out of 2020.

Already done it. Started at beginning of October. No booze, healthy eating, back to the gym. Mrs almost fancies me again 😂

Not planning on slipping back to old habits over Christmas

doomanic

Given my high blood pressure I’d probably take a proper go at this next year.

precutduck
    Free Member

I’m going to make 2020 my year, I’m in. PM Sent

FB-ATB

Off to a good start- there’s a charity cake sale today and I resisted temptation for all of 30 seconds.

Maybe I should change my user name as the F stands for Fat- nominative determinism at play.

andybrad

started in 2019. put 10kg on 🙁

will join .

barkm
    Free Member

absolutely disastrous year/2 years, has left me sitting uncomfortably at my heaviest ever by some margin, already forming plans for a new year campaign so this is nicely timed. I’m in, I’ll PM.

Just need a total idiot proof simple to follow eating plan for the terminally lazy now.

SaxonRider

Would it be worth everyone putting in a fiver, and biggest relative loser after six or twelve months taking the pot?

That would be an incentive!

andybrad

i agree saxonrider but open to abuse…..

welshfarmer

Yep, I am in. Had a pretty poor 2019, so determined to start 2020 with a bang and finally get below 80 KG. Add me to the list please.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Just need a total idiot proof simple to follow eating plan for the terminally lazy now.

null

dirkpitt74

2019 has been a bit of a crap weight year for me for various reasons.
    I did well in 2018 on Chub-Club so I’ll give it a go again and see if the motivation works!
    PM’d you.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m in and Saxonrider’s comment sounds great to me.

kevs
    Free Member

Done

naffa
    Free Member

I’m in details pm,d

lesgrandepotato

I’m reading this in the kebab shop. I think I need to look at my life choices.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yup

core

IN, I need to not look a mess in race overalls this year, and race my bike.

sc-xc

Yes please. Emergency brain surgery has put paid to the good work over the summer…got the unofficial nod from the neurosurgeon today that I can start excersing again so New Year seems like a fresh stab at life.

scaled
    Free Member

Fractured shoulder, few other medical things, bout of depression and now chest xrays and steroids for a chest infection It’s fair to say i’m carrying a bit of extra timber and i’m nearly 5,000 km down on last year 🙁

rascal
    Free Member

Excuse my ignorance but what does this entail?
    A broken collarbone in the summer put me out of biking for a while. That combined with apathy and a reluctance to damage myself again has resulted in virtually bugger all riding in 6 months = a few more pounds and quite a few less miles and sod all fitness!

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I need to do something again.

I’ve sent you a DM.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

PM’d – I am in a bad way and need some encouragement I think.

Wee boy came along September 2018 followed by a car crash in November 2018 which prolapsed a disc and tore back and arm muscles. Everything still hurts but I am feeling big and sluggish, the brain weasles are weaseling and it is passed time I really got to grips with my body (and mind) again.

Depression is rubbish, being fat is rubbish, being depressed and fat is just nyyygh

(Hopefully I may actually be able to ride a bike again sometime next year too)

tagnut69
    Free Member

I am signed up, need the extra motivation to loose the weight put on over the last couple of years. One side effect of the happy pills my Dr put me on is increased appetite and weight gain, I had plantar fasciitis for the best part of 6 months and had a suspected TIA last month

longdog
    Free Member

PM’d. 20kg to loose after knee replacement and then enforced rest for a while due to heart issues. Thankfully the fitness is now on the way back up, but the blubber needs to take a serious dive.

Emotional eating with all the health carry-ons over 2 years has been my downfall, plus it seems to be in my nature to love the shittiest food going. My only plus point seems to be the fact that I don’t drink booze at all and do get plenty of exercise.

cheers_drive

Currently sitting in the GP waiting room for my yearly checkup.
    102kg and rising, 10kg up on 10 years ago. Since child no2 arrived at the end of last year.
    I’m out of my checkout and as suspected by cholesterol has rocketed to 6.4. I was offered statins but would rather try and change my diet first
    So chub club 2020 here I come

toby1

@rascal Rob sends a weekly (ish) reminder and you record your weight in a shared spreadsheet with the others so you can all see each others progress or lack thereof.

My personal experience of 2019 was paying for weight watchers, just used the app and pointed food for the first 4-5 months. It taught me a bit but also helped me see where my biggest mistakes were being made.

End of the year I’m 15kg lighter, over 6inches off my belly and closer to a medium than an XL in most shops.

I do have a the advantage of 15 miles of bike commute a day and I lived like a monk for most of the first half of the year. I also spend a lot of time preparing my own food rather than talking back to takeouts or readymade food.

Good luck with chub club everyone, I’m hopefully out for next year!

andybrad

can i ask if theres a better way of doing this. while the accountability is good i need someone to stand at the side of me and smack me whenever i get a mince pie…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possible suggestion, is there a way you could do the data collection via a survey (survey monkey etc), (same two questions every week, username, weight) get the output of that as an .xls file, then a simple bit of VBA, or just use vlookup to transfer, would save you having to type out everyones data every week.

franksinatra

I’m fat. I’m in.

theotherjonv

I’m in…..again

need to lose about stone and a half. It can be done.

rascal
    Free Member

PM’d.
    A stone less would be epic!

cheers_drive

Possible suggestion, is there a way you could do the data collection via a survey (survey monkey etc), (same two questions every week, username, weight) get the output of that as an .xls file, then a simple bit of VBA, or just use vlookup to transfer, would save you having to type out everyones data every week.

Last year it was Google sheet I think. It worked fine.

tdog
    Free Member

“I’m seeing 2020 clearer now the fat has gone”

Lardeeeleela!
    👍😜

RobHilton
    Free Member

I wrested this task from TOJV’s sweaty grasp when I realised he was doing it in a very manual way. Google sheets it shall be again. I’d rather Excel, as I can develop it waaay faster, but anonymous access is a problem.
    A Tableau dashboard would be ideal too, but live updates are an issue.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Just demolished a German donner kebab – t’was gert lush!

Am working on the principle that the more I have to lose, the easier it’ll be.

Rob likes irrefutable logic

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 627 total)

The topic ‘Chub Club 2020’ is closed to new replies.