Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • mogrim

That’s something I could do with my trail running club, there’s enough of us to make it viable… might have to suggest it.

scotroutes

Oh, we don’t restrict it to cycling either. Can be walk, run, paddle, swim etc. A couple have been placed on islands.

If you want a suggestion, set up 3 Topics in the Group;

Beer to be chugged

Chugged

Missing

When someone creates a new post, they use the first topic. When someone finds one they add a photo of themselves drinking it as a reply to that post and then the original poster changes the topic to Chugged. If someone finds the location and the beer can’t be found then they report that on the post and the original poster changes the topic to Missing. This makes sorting the posts out much easier and you can filter the Group by Topic rather than just seeing all the posts in chronological order.

breninbeener

I hqve to say im finding this quite tough. Its not that i have to do 3.5hr of exercise a week, Its the everyday part.
    A day shift for me is up at 5am and home just before 6pm. So getting out on the bike is a bit of an effort.
    On the plus side, once out i may as well do an hr as a 30min ride. That then means clean bike, shower, supper and bed for 9pm.
    It is a little easier to strava a dog walk but ive only had to do that 4 times so far.
    I have added not drinking alcohol for the 100 days too, and whilst i love a good IPA or a single malt im now over it and can walk past bottles of beer without it being a personal challenge to drink them.
    Im guessing this challenge is really doing me good, but im waitimg for fatigue to turn into fitness….
    Hope you are all having fun.
    Ian

ahsat

I personally know I am not pushing myself hard, but importantly for me it’s getting me moving around work and being stuck in a WFH rut. Yes it will probably translate to some fitness, but after 30 days of doing something every day I know overall I am better for it. No doubt some of you will come out a lot fitter. Everyone’s challenge is their own.

Today we walked 4.5 miles along the Somerset coast. Quantock biking tomorrow 🙂

scotroutes

(See also the hillwalking thread).

3 hours up and down a wee hill near Loch Laggan. Hard work through the grass and heather bog as it was remarkably pathless.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jVFWvf]DSC_1668[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jVGGJg]DSC_1670[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

After the general fatigue of last week I decided to take this week pretty easy. I’ve really only been doing the minimum each day. Yesterday was around 30 mins on Zwift with Diesel Dan. Just really working on improving my cadence, which has been slowing down a lot lately.

Has anyone tried the 10,000 kettlebell swings workout? I’m tempted to have a go but it seems like it will probably be pretty uncomfortable! It’ll probably take a month, and each workout is around 30 mins (depending on effort!).

ahsat

Has anyone tried the 10,000 kettlebell swings workout?

No. Sounds painful, but tell me more…

jodafett

Has anyone tried the 10,000 kettlebell swings workout?

No. Sounds painful, but tell me more…

FTFY- No. Sounds painful, but don’t tell me more… 😱

jimmy

Had my lowest day yesterday after a tough week (for me). Rode back from the garage (about 20mins) and went for a 20-30min walk. Essentially, put no additional effort in to my day, but it was needed. My body is feeling a bit done in.

Going for an easy ride now to loosen up for an hour.

Dickyboy

Its the everyday part

Yeah, me too I failed for the first time on Monday, work plus a couple of evenings out after a massive gardening effort on Sunday had me beaten, but on the whole it’s def doing me good.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I would count your massive gardening effort dickyboy.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Cycled along the Tees, somewhat quickly for me.As I,m shaking of last weeks lergy,this might not have been a great idea.Will head home later in the dark(which I like).Suns out folks!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

We’ve been on holiday in Fife for the last week. Managed to get out a dedicated walk each day as well as the other wanderings with family. Ready to chuck myself back into it when we get home, I’m starting a program on the Wattbike hub which will take me into the start of January. Hopefully this will motivate me through and ebbs hereon in.

ahsat

17 miles of mtb in the Quantocks today. I’m tired and could have jacked it in earlier but we just took our time and had a nice day. It was pretty quiet and there was even some sunshine.

Sounds painful, but tell me more…

It’s this right here. Basically do 500 swings a day for a month (couple of days off a week). I did a little tester the other day and it was definitely unpleasant! But I do need some hip work and this seems like completely the most extreme way of getting that!

On a less bad idea, I rode on Zwift for a couple of hours last night. Felt better than I have recently, was able to complete a workout, then kept on riding. I think the last week of gentle exercise was a good idea. Now where did I leave that kettlebell..

Edit: I have maintained so far at having missed 3 days.

scotroutes

Took a walk up one of our local wee hills, Ord Ban.

It has some relevant history.

oldtennisshoes

Stretched the 45 min trot around Kinnoull Hill to 60 mins with half a dozen HI sprints.
    Been doing it every day since 1 September and will keep going for the rest of the year, illness permitting. It’s not mega taxing, but keeping it up day in day out is paying out.

lunge

Game over.
    After running every day since lockdown began I went out today and within 0.5 miles my knee was in agony. No idea what I’ve done to it. Walked to another 20 mins but that was it.
    Going to get in the bike tomorrow and then try to run again in a weeks time.
    I’m not happy.

mogrim

Game over.

Walking still counts. As does swimming. No reason to give up yet.

jeffl

Yep walking, swimming and gym still count. I’ve done a couple of tension band YouTube workouts at home when I’ve been short of time.

Anyhow went out for a 10k today to pickup my Garmin edge explore from the PSA thread. Nice to get out for a slightly longer run than the usual 5k that’s squeezed in.

jimmy

Nice gentle ride round the Pentlands this morning. It was so still and peaceful.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>https://strava.app.link/I1HMDpvJDab</span&gt;

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Puffin like a steam engine after a couple of sprints on the bike.Pray to god it’s not covid.

sirromj

A hardcore sledgehammer workout today. Went at it a bit too furiously to begin with, and kept stopping, then kept thinking there must be an easier way. Left wrist has been a bit sore the past couple of days and left shoulder aching last night in bed. After I found rhythm & technique with it it wasn’t so bad. Shorts & t-shirt job.
    hardcore

scotroutes

Days 32 and 33.

Out for a bivvy last night.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWzhce]DSC_1675[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWCVvj]DSC_1677[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jWDJSe]DSC_1678[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Road bike ride this morning, watch ran out of charge mid ride and didn’t save. Does it count? 🙂

ahsat

18 mile Exmoor mtb epic yesterday (800+ m of climbing in first 8 miles, including two descents!!!) resulted in a 8 mile walk today. Time to head home ready for the anticipated lockdown. Think tomorrow will be a leg light day.

However the 5 weeks straight exercise on Strava (I had a couple of rides the two days before) is very satisfying. Thanks all for the mutual support 🙂

@YoKaiser
    – of course it counts. If you want the clean sweep on Strava just log a manual entry.

jimmy

Family stroll up a hill in Ambleside today. With 17kg of daughter occasionally on shoulders.

sirromj

5 mile run today.

lunge

I’m back.
    Was not happy my running, which formed the largest part of my work, was out due to injury.
    But, I’ve had a word with myself and it’s not over yet.
    30 miles on the fixie yesterday and 30 on the roadie today.
    Going to set the turbo back up in time for tomorrow and will be going for long walks with my camera too.
    Just need to drop my food intake down a touch as the calories used will be going down as well.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

@ahsat, I’m just kidding. This is mostly a personal target, I don’t really feel that if it’s no on Strava it doesn’t count 🙂. Mind you I did nip out for a walk(I’m also trying to record at least 10k steps a day too) and recorded it. Maybe I protesteth to much.

ahsat

Haha. You can never tell 😉

I have been uploading mine to Strava (but not to the group) as know how my mind works and find it good motivation.

mogrim

I’m not too concerned about Strava – I don’t upload “virtual” rides to Strava as I hate seeing them clog up my feed, particularly 100s of “Watopia” zwift crap. So from next week (when the clocks change) my Strava stats won’t reflect the amount of exercise I really do, but who cares? I know I’m doing at least 30min/day, and if I fail that’s my problem. I could lie to a bunch of strangers and pretend I’ve done my day’s exercise, but that would be a bit pathetic tbh.

ahsat

Totally fair enough. Everyones motivations and approaches to things are different. And to be honest, not a hope in hell of my lying to myself (let along Strava!); I am my own worst enemy… 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

I downloaded Strava to start this challenge…. basically given up on it already. I just don’t get it at all! Maybe it’d be different if I was biking, but all of my days so far have been an extended dog walk, or full day hikes in the mountains….so obviously not as relevant on Strava. Still just missed the one day….we did a really tough 6 hours hiking in the Lakes yesterday. Hopefully I’ll be able to add some biking to this challenge in the next few weeks….I’m in the process of getting my MTB back up and running….very excited!!!

Awesome pics as ever Scotroutes!

ahsat

Everyone doing ok? No updates from anyone all day is unusual. Hope everyone is powering through to month 2. Very busy work day here but fitted in a 2 mile walk at the end.

scotroutes

Still going. 1/3rd complete.

Another soggy day so pulled on waterproofs and headed off walking along a mapped, but hitherto unexplored, path. I ended up wading through shoulder-high bracken. Thanks OS. Had a red deer stag barking at me too because I was too near his harem. They can get a bit cranky at this time of year so that fair got the adrenalin up 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, still in. Definitely doing me some good, pretty far from fit but improving. The low daily requirement is a massive win, when I look back on all those days I just wouldn’t have bothered.
    Big challenge for me coming up though, hoping to move before the end of the month. So not sure if the disruption will break the streak.

sirromj

Biked to house we’re eventually going to move into, light xc, extended route. Strava’d myself breaking up hardcore for a shed base for an hour (3rd day in a row of wielding the sledge hammer). Biked home longer route, light xc & coastal paths. Total 3 hours, 24 miles. Don’t think I can include scraping the last remnants of wallpaper off walls as exercise. Felt fatigued.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Not good at all here,in fact I,ve thought of giving up this year.The combination of bad weather,lockdown and my environment has flattened my enthusiasm curve!I don’t suppose my age and health help either.I do a lot of walking and cycling still but that’s only because I don’t own a car.I will keep an eye out for how the rest of you manage.Neil.

jodafett

Still going! On holiday in Fort William for the week but missed a day when we arrived so did a double the next day. A slopfest bike ride along some of General Wades military road yesterday and an hours walk in the bucketing rain today. Cycle at the Nevis Range tomorrow with some kayaking on Thursaday planned so far!

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.