Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • ads678

Nice road ride yesterday, haven’t been out on the road bike for a while. Just been out for a run with daughter on her bike. Accidentally did 10k in my 2nd fastest time!

Not sure whether to finish on a good ride or try and run further than I ever have. Furthest I’ve run before is 12k, would be nice to do 15k. Think I’m gonna be busy on Christmas Eve though so ride could take too long…

mogrim

Good if wet run this morning with some mates – definitely need some new trail shoes, and a new jacket would be good too. Sounds expensive 🙁

twistedpencil

Swam for an hour with the kids earlier, trying to motivate myself to go and ride on wet roads for 45minutes…

scotroutes

Had an absolutely minging ride round Rothiemurchus with some mates. Rarely seen it quite so muddy. Got to the stage it was just funny. Stopped off at the Pine Marten for a couple of beers and hot snackage before heading back down to Aviemore just as lights were needed. Most folk we might while riding were locals and all seemed happy that the trails were relatively quiet.

5 days to go!

twistedpencil

I’m back, beer o’clock 🙂

You have 5days to comply!

sandboy

Just back from a really beautiful night ride. The local trails have dried out nicely and riding quite quickly, clear sky full of stars and a very pretty moon. Not done much night riding on the MTB this winter but a split tyre on the road bike has forced my hand this week and I’m pleased it has!! Not long now people, best of luck for next few days. Now enjoying a nice cold beer basking in the glory.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fail on Saturday🙁!Struggling with energy and motivation last week.Will try and do some weights tomorrow.

jimmy

Dried out trails, beer and snackage are not things I’ve known for a while now (on the bike)!

Walked with the family yesterday, wasn’t far but it was over 30mins. Struggling with energy, bit under the weather, but wondering whether to boost up for the last few days. Going to run today, that might determine the next few days depending how I feel afterwards.

scotroutes

C’mon folks. Only 5 days to go. Let’s count them in together!

jodafett

5…..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Cheated a bit yesterday, just a stroll round Arnside with the fam. Up the fell behind our house this morning, with the kids, it’s bastard steep so that counts and hopefully a road spin this afternoon. On the final straight folks!

marksnook
    Free Member

Had a slow 5k run with the dog this morning. Don’t think she was enjoying it as I was nearly dragging her!
    Because I mistakingly started on the 14th September today is day 97 but I think I’m just going until Xmas eve anyway. Planning a big xc run Tuesday, will hopefully ride Wednesday despite the slop. Then just something to plan for Monday and Xmas eve

jodafett

Not managed to get out much recently so mostly been jumping about the kitchen or on the turbo. Planning to go out with a bang on the last day by doing a half marathon.

claudie

Riding with my wife this morning, got very wet and the next few days look equally damp – so no nice easy wind down, character building to the end!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yeh,just did an hours outdoor weight training.I forgot to wear a hat and really paid for it.Still,I managed a good hour.

mogrim

Good road ride this morning with mates, 85km which is one of the shorter routes we do. Chilly, but dry and no wind so no complaints here 🙂

4 days to go!

jodafett

4…..

Ended up doing my half marathon today instead of the last day as the Christmas timetable’s a bit hectic! Managed it in 1:52:17, knocking 7 minutes of my first attempt. Currently lying on the sofa and don’t think I’ll move again tonight, and I forgot to lube my nips which ended up bleeding! Won’t forget that in a hurry!

3 more to go!

scotroutes

Out for a bivvy last night, and back again this morning.

ahsat

Struggling with COVID recovery, but I have managed at least 30 mins of (slow) walking since 11th December. So obviously not ideal, but with you in spirit at least for the last few days.

jodafett

Hope you get better soon @ahsat. Doesn’t sound like it’s been much fun!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Aye, hope you’re recovery speeds up, mate of mine had it recently and was wiped out for a couple of weeks after but is getting back to full fettle now.

Just circuits again tonight but joined by my eldest (9) so that made it more fun, he’s said we should do it a couple of times a week so that’s fresh motivation for the new year!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nice picture scotroutes.I hope you get well soon ahsat.What is covid like?A bad cold or something worse?I just managed a 30 minute walk today…cycling tomorrow.

Earl
    Free Member

My GtG plan today was mountain climbers and more mountain climbers. Got bored by lunchtime so, after a wee ride, I put on my Ido Portal head. Good fun. I wish I was younger – he has so much good stuff that is our of reach for me now <sigh>

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

9)Even if you take part in this challenge,having a chocolate and biscuits weakness,will still result in you being a chunky monkey.

ahsat

Thanks all. Reminding myself the better moments are out weighing the bad moments. Need to shake off the fatigue and random aches and nerve issues. Physio apt tomorrow. So lots more rest and gentle walks for now. Will keep watching this thread right to Friday. Keep going all.

sirromj

Missed from the 17th to the 20th. One of those major life events – a positive one, but boxes everywhere, disorganized, chaos. Still much to do, some needs tradespeople.

Still working however, commuting… to work from home. Last night and this morning, but commutes don’t count ha!

Went for 4 mile run yesterday, enjoyed, was hoping to have upped my distance, but haven’t been out to run as much as hoped, but happy that I can just go out and do a 4 mile run, wasn’t possible at the start of lockdown#1.

Greasing the groove today, hang for 10s then 3 pull ups. So far today done 45. Will probably go for stroll in a minute after sarnie…

jimmy

Went for a run on Sunday, 4.5 miles on slippery trails. Was quite gubbed yesterday morning, but a mate was heading out for a ride so went with him for longer than expected round the Pentlands. Amazingly feel OK today (9 hours sleep helped). Today I’ll struggle – strolled at lunch but not far enough. Have neighbours coming over for garden drinks tonight so might have to go for a tipsy stroll afterwards. Thinking a family walk and yoga tomorrow and see what I can get out for on Thursday for a final flourish.

Feeling stronger and healthier than ever at this time of year. Go this challenge!

mogrim

Great run with a mate this morning – it was foggy at the start, but 5 minutes in he was cursing having left his sunglasses in the car… I hadn’t 😎 Kept climbing and the view of the sea of clouds below us was fantastic:

sea of clouds

Another 20km in the bank, and only two days to go 🙂

claudie

So what are everyone’s plans for the last day? I expect it will depend on the weather for me but options are sliding around in the mud on mtb, battling the wind on the road, long walk or chilled out yoga session. The road bike is edging it at the moment …

lunge

So what are everyone’s plans for the last day?

Is the last day Xmas Eve or Xmas day?
    If it’s the former it’ll be an 10 mile run in the mud around the local area. Loads of nice trails round there, and it’ll be followed by hot pork sarnies and freshly delivered beer.
    If it’s Xmas day it’ll be one of my favourite runs of the year, 5 or miles around the estates and parks where you get to see loads of kids out on their brand new scooters and bikes. It’s bloody lovely, and I may even wear my Christmas antlers.

scotroutes

Day 100 is 24th.

Not sure what I’ll be up to yet.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

My annual skiving day off work and fell walk day today. Had a mooch over Wetherlam. Was going to go down via swirl how and the old man but the weather came in a bit so dropped off the tops. Glad I did as the ankle wasn’t keen on down despite not being bothered by up at all. Descent of the south of Wetherlam is much gentler than off the old man so it might have been a struggle. Still, that freed up a bit of time to get Mrs S some PJ’s for Xmas.

Xmas Eve should be a ride in to work then, after we’ve been dismissed at 12, a whistle stop tour of the Furness peninsular doing the xmas card drop off run round the relatives.

I’ve coasted a little these past couple of weeks. I’m up to 8 missed days in total. I picked up a slight injury, so let that recover a bit. My last day is going to be the start of the Festive 500.

sandboy

New tyres arrived so out on the road bike this afternoon. Checked my Garmin and since 16th September I’ve ridden 67 times. I have to be pleased with that considering I had two weeks when I didn’t ride at all. The plan for Thursday is to ride the Peddars Way and then home from the coast. I’m hoping to get it done in the daylight so will be a race against the sun!

ads678

7k run today after walks on Sunday and Monday. Still trying the decide whether to try a big (for me) run on Christmas Eve or a nice bike ride.

2 days…

Twodogs

well, I’m still going…I started a day late so will do something on Christmas day..either turbo or run. I’ve done something everyday, the least being about a 2km walk….otherwise lots of windsurfing, biking, a bit of running, weights/core work, or brisk walks.

very much enjoyed it, and glad I opened the thread 4 months ago!

munrobiker
    Free Member

4 months. It’s a hell of a long time!

Mountain biking is my one true love so I always finish with that. This year I’m working up in Perthshire on the day so if the weather is good I’ll finish with a munro.

Pretty jealous of the photos of Wetherlam, even if it isn’t a great mountain to ride bikes on!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

My records suggest I’m on day 93!😆So I’ll have to continue through to next week.Some support would be nice.
    Anyway did an hour or so on my bike today.Tees riverside was somewhat bracing.At least the seals seemed happy.

sandboy

.Some support would be nice.
    My intention is to try and ride every day of the holidays. Planning on mixing it up and getting the kids out for some vit D. Obviously weather dependant but if it continues to be so mild and still it would be rude not to! Keep a positive mind set and carrying on into next week is doable. Getting this far is a great achievement especially this year.

mogrim

Training tomorrow so that’s easy. In Spain Christmas Eve is bigger that Christmas Day itself, and as my MiL is here I’ll have to keep it short and sweet – so I’m guessing it’ll be a quick 6km run before I start cooking.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.