Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • Caher

Normally Thursday is my only day off – so I’ll go for a swim tonight.
    Bike 4 days; swim/gym 3.

vondally
    Free Member

Joined, after a few set backs and reoccurring problems hoping it will motivate to stick at some activity.

Cheers

Oh and signed on to the Strava club

munrobiker
    Free Member

@Caher – you can have tonight off if you want, it doesn’t start til next week.

FB-ATB

I’ll be tempted to join in- I expect to be made redundant tomorrow so will have the time!

ads678

I’m gonna try and do this. Not sure how I’ll go as lockdown ect hasn’t been good to my body. Went for a run last night to see if my legs are working. Haven’t run for about 3 months as I got shin splints then pulled both my calfs so laid off it for a while. Managed 4k so that’ll do for now, build it up slowly. Was doing fairly regular 7-10ks before March.

Cycling will mainly be gravel or road, and will add some rowing machine as well.

momo

I’m in, have a big week of cycling starting tomorrow (charity thing with work) so this’ll help me from dropping too deep into ‘recovery’ mode once that’s finished!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I’m in – I wanted to do this last year but my Mum promptly went into hospital – although I have now lost both parents, why not tempt fate re. the remaining oldies by signing up…

Creg

I’m in, 100 days of zwifting for me (joy).

Have barely ridden this year despite needing to keep it up for long term injury recovery, just had zero motivation so hoping this will give me the kick in the bollocks I need to get back into it again.

TheWrongTrousers

shunt back to the top

jodafett

It’s the Wrong Thread Grommit!

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m in – have put on about a stone during lockdown so need to do something on the run in to Christmas.
    Have joined the Strava group.
    My daughter is trying to walk a million steps between now and Christmas so i guess i’ll be doing a walk with her most days.

marksnook
    Free Member

I’m in. Got injured 6 weeks in last year so hopefully this year goes better! Joined the Strava group too

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Does kicking Boris Johnsons head in count as exercise?Or would it be just pure pleasure?

icic
    Free Member

This is my motivation for tomorrow morning, fingers crossed!

scc999

I’m going to give this a go and see how long I last…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Does kicking Boris Johnsons head in count as exercise?Or would it be just pure pleasure?

As long as there’s only 6 of you at a time I think it’s fine. Might take a while for everyone to get their turn.

longdog
    Free Member

Got a few days off, so will kick it off tomorrow with a decent ride and an open water swim/splash about.

sandboy

Best of luck to everyone joining in. Last year it was tough but it really does set you up in the new year to push on and enjoy a summer with much better fitness. This year I’m going to try to get out on the bike as often as i can but also make sure i mix it up with lots of recovery and stretching/foam rolling.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fair point rich.

sirromj

I might need the luck as tomorrow will be my 13th day. It was supposed to be a trial run with yesterday and today off but that didn’t happen. No problems so far, just a little tired but that’s due to toddler waking us in the night. Luckily no commuting at present. Did an easy day today, a brisk 35minute walk.

willard

Got in a 30 minute run this evening. Will be doing the same thing tomorrow.

munrobiker
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Remember easy days are just as important as hard ones.

ahsat

I peaked too soon at T -1 with my fastest time round one of our local mtb loops due to underestimating the time it got dark and feeling just a little bit vulnerable as a lone women in the twilight in the outskirts of Bradford! Some top 10s as a result 😅 Think as a result tomorrow might have to start with a morning walk (plus I’m working till 8 pm running a conference online!).

fettlin

I fancy a crack at this, thanks op. Struggled to motivate myself recently, hopefully this is something I can apply myself to.

Mixture of mtb, extending my commute, dog walks and rowing machine for the manky days.

Joined the Strava as well.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Good luck everyone starting today. I’ve joined the strava club but will be only doing a long slow walk as currently coming to the end of a virus that has slaid my energy! Gentle build up and I should be fine

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Last year I dropped out after a few days due to illness. I’m up for it this year. My first session is finished. Am I the only one who is looking forward to the heavy legs in a few weeks?

jodafett

7k run for me this morning. Can we move Christmas to the end of summer next year to avoid the cold days?

doomanic

3 days a week I’m weight training, do I count the whole time I’m in the gym or only the time I’m actually lifting? I’m doing the Stronglifts program which has prescribed rests between each set, plus some other exercises where I follow the same rest pattern.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Decided to give this a try due to my serious lack of motivation this year.

Started with a circuit session in the garage, I now feel like I’m dying.

Roll on tomorrow!

mogrim

7k run for me this morning. Can we move Christmas to the end of summer next year to avoid the cold days?

God no, I’ve been looking forward to the cold weather for running!

lunge

Club run tonight is the starter for me, an hour at threshold to ready myself for the next day!

DrP

planned an 8k sloooow run today, as well as the usual cycle commuting..
    But… woke at 3am with a killer sore throat, so I imagine I’ll be dead by this evening, and you can all have my bikes…!

3 days a week I’m weight training, do I count the whole time I’m in the gym or only the time I’m actually lifting? I’m doing the Stronglifts program which has prescribed rests between each set, plus some other exercises where I follow the same rest pattern.

WE’re not the gestapo!! I imagine you’ll be in the gym LONGER than 30 min, so just count the whole time!

DrP

jeffl

Right I’m in. Joined the Strava Club and warned the family that I’ll be doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Let’s see how this goes. It’s only 100 days 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m doing the Stronglifts program which has prescribed rests between each set, plus some other exercises where I follow the same rest pattern.

Sounds fair to me – the rests are an important part of the exercise. If I were doing hill reps on the bike I’d count the time I spent rolling downhill with my lungs trying to escape through my mouth even though I’m not pedalling.*

*your own exercise does not need to be as daft as that.

I’ll be starting relatively easy as I’m off on holiday tonight.

DrP

That’s mine done.. 8.5km run before school pick up.. first run in AGES… 5min/km pace so as not to kaplode my knees!

DrP

spot1978
    Free Member

I’m in, just joined the Strava group too.

I’m just back to work after 7 weeks off for stress/depression so this is perfect timing. Just managed a lunch time run around the local forest…..nice.

doomanic

5km/min is hardly dawdling!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m going to have another bash, got derailed last year with one thing or another. Walking in Glencoe yesterday means just a local walk today. Been cycling a lot recently, this doesn’t necessarily translate to walking fitness. Some muscles that haven’t been used for a while got a bit of a shock.

claudie

I’m in and so’s my wife so a bit of mutual support, this is my first strava club – looking forward to it

munrobiker
    Free Member

Mine was meant to be a pootle so my legs don’t ache in the tiny sleeper train bed tonight but due to a cock up I had to rush to my office at balls out pace on the gravel bike. Start hard end easy, yeah?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.