Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • waliboy

My aspirations have been temporarily derailed by a (slightly earlier than planned) visit to the labour ward. However, my wife very considerately fired out number 3 son quick sharp so we’ll probably be home for tea. Surely I could fit in a cheeky 30 mins once this has all settled down……

Hit Zwift for 50mins of gentle riding. Was supposed to be an hour but I was not very rapid at getting up!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Congrats waliboy, by child 3 it’s all much of a muchness, squeezing that 30mins in shouldn’t be a problem 🙂

claudie

Congratulations waliboy but I think you could be pushing your luck!

glp1
    Free Member

In for this, a great motivation. be really interesting to see how much people do on the strava feed.

jodafett

7k run for me this morning. Can we move Christmas to the end of summer next year to avoid the cold days?

God no, I’ve been looking forward to the cold weather for running!

Can you tell I’m new to this running malarkey!

Edit – How the hell do you quote other posts!?!?

jodafett

^^^^ I give up!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Day 1 done. Strava missed the first 600m of my walk, so I’m claiming 3.5km in just under 40 minutes up Bosely Cloud with the pooch.

twistedpencil

Waliboy, congratulations, good luck escaping for 30minutes!

Rode in and out of town for day 1. Sweating out the cold the kids have brought from from school.  Planning on some gravity assisted riding tomorrow, the sweat will mainly be fear 🙂

Pook

Day one! School bike ride in and back then a 20 minute run after a 1/2 lb burger and two pints. Why did this have to start on my birthday!

Love
    Pook, 39 and 20 hours

Dickyboy

Looks like me & Mrs Db will give it a go, joined strava club – just 2 more to go to make it 100 in 100 club 👍

thestabiliser
    Free Member

5k xc run to get started, went ok. Did every day last week too, more by accident than design though, feeling a bit more limber already!

MoreCashThanDash

I ended up taking the long route to go and buy some milk.

blitz

I’m in. Attempted it last year, got to about day 60 I think then the wheels fell off. Can’t recall exactly why but think it was a combo of illness or injury and a stressy time at work. Hoping for better this time.

…And congrats @ Waliboy!

sirromj

40 minutes of bodyweight exercise this morning. Initially pushed myself to do more, but struggled and lost commitment so finished early. In the end not a bad thing as I spent the afternoon lugging concrete fence posts around so felt that made up for it.

scc999

So the fact I’d posted that I’d give this a go meant that instead of getting in the car to drive over to Hayfield to meet up with a visiting mate I rode up and over South Head.
    A couple of pints and and very enjoyable evening later saw me riding back the flat way!

1hr 27 total moving time.

I genuinely wouldn’t have ridden over if it wasnt for this thread, so even if I dont manage anywhere near the 100 days, it’s already helped to motivate me.

Si

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

115 minutes non stop house work for me(did get a good sweat on)Am I disqualified?What is exercise?After yesterdays heat on my bike ride,I really needed a rest.I wonder if it’s possible to visit the baths these days.

lunge

Day 1 done, a good thrash with the 8 minute mile group at the running club, with a mile either end to get there.
    Suns out today so I think something similar will take place today as well.
    Lovely.

freeagent
    Free Member

40 min brisk walk last night whist my daughter was at Gym and a 24 mile ride planned for this eve.. that’s the first two days taken care of..

willard

Another 30 minute run last night and I can tell my calf muscles and ankles are not used to this any more. Maybe something similar, but with more hills would help them remember.

longdog
    Free Member

So day 1 didn’t go to plan. Did a 80k, 1200m Road ride, but my heart issues popped up to end with ditching the rest of my plans to come home and rest up.

Probably just a 30min walk today or steady turbo spin if the micro angina settles… FFS.

kimbers

I’m up for it

But I’m counting my 50mins of cycle commute 3x a week

Tom-B
    Free Member

Day 2 done, another brisk walk with the pooch up Bosely Cloud. I hate Strava!

Tomorrow and Saturday will probably be the same, then got a big day in the mountains planned for Sunday.

longdog
    Free Member

Day2 in the bag with a 45min walk and coffee grab. Think that’ll be me for today as chest was tight.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yesterday was 10min skipping.

And 20min GCN turbo.

This morning was 10min warm up. 10min Sprint/jog/sprint. 10min warm down.

How do we count things like walking because i need a lower level excercise or i’ll blow up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It’s a marathon not a sprint folks.Those who started of with a bang last time round imploded.Start slowly and get slower.Especially those of a certain age.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Gym this morning for some strength training. First time back since lockdown, definitely a different place* but in a good way.

* It is actually a different place, they have defrosted the ice rink and have set up all the kit and more. It’s a whole lot better furnished than it was.

Dickyboy

It’s a marathon not a sprint folks.Those who started of with a bang last time round imploded.

Properly knackered my back yesterday from a poorly executed landing after a moment of airborneness* think I might just manage a slow pavement shuffle later ☹️

*rad to the max

mogrim

Are the “rules” (such as they are) based on the SOIDH principal? It’s just that I refuse to upload turbo training sessions to Strava, I really ****ing hate all the fake map Zwift crap that pollutes my feed!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I shouldn’t think so no…..you can’t really Strava a yoga/HIIT session etc

I’ve never used Strava before but got it to join in this. I just don’t see the appeal of it tbh but that is a different (years old I guess) discussion!

Day 2 more Zwift. Rode with the pacer bots yesterday and today, it was a good way to stay steady. I’ve started this at a fairly gentle rate to avoid blowing up after a week! Let’s see how it goes.

ahsat

Day 2 and I’ve fallen into the classic post WFH day at the computer fog where I just sit feeling tired and don’t get my arse in gear to do some exercise…. COME ON TASHA

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Day 2 done.

A quick 45 minutes in the woods on the MTB. Had to cut the ride short due to a slipping seat post which I’d forgotten to fix last time I was out. Now all sorted for the next ride.

munrobiker
    Free Member

You don’t have to use the Strava group- people asked for one last year so it’s there if you want it but I think you get more motivation here (I don’t look at the Strava group, but I do join in here to see how people get on). I think monkeycmonkeydo in particular was keen for support in the form of encouragement on the thread rather than seeing strangers’ numbers go up and up on Strava.

Short easy ride for me today since I was on the sleeper train last night and am, inevitably, exhausted.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Day 2 done, yesterday was a weights/fitness class, and today, which otherwise I *might* not have done, I’ve just been out for a 5k jog. Knickers to Strava (for now) but I have ordered a Mi Band 4 to encourage me to keep on my feet.

ahsat

COME ON TASHA

I think you get more motivation here

Agreed as it worked – went into the garden and did half an hour of kettlebells seeing everyone else doing stuff on here.

Haven’t done any weights for 1.5 months. This is going to hurt!

MoreCashThanDash

Lazy hour on the road bike today 👍

sirromj

Went for a run today. Barely managed running 2 miles today, feet/ankles felt unstable, lower legs tight and strong headwind to start. Hoped wind assistance on return would get me home but had to walk instead and got cold. Exercise box ticked though. Easy stuff over the weekend me thinks.

ads678

22k ride yesterday and went for a ‘run’ after work today. My body is a wreck. Determined to do this but I’m gonna have to be careful….

lunge

8 miles ran at a good pace once again. Lovely weather to be out and legs felt good even though they were were thrashed yesterday.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.