Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • scotroutes

A slopfest bike ride along some of General Wades military road yesterday

What section did you do?

jodafett

We’re staying at Camisky so my son (11yr old) and I tried to go from there over towards Gairlochy (ish) but we were running out of light and it was very ‘stop, start’ due to the mud so we turned back. If we’ve time this week we might give it another bash but it’s been slightly wet today so it’s probably a lot worse now!

Had a well sifty one yesterday. I had been doing Zwift workouts for the preceding few days, but didn’t feel like battling the dying turbo yesterday. Instead I played tag with Mini 10 for a while and then did some light body weight / yoga / stretches. Heading into the basement (pain cave) after work to knock out today.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Anyone else reached the “endlessly hungry” stage yet?

scotroutes

About 30 years ago.

scotroutes

Open water swimming in Loch Pityoulish today.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jXmHWa]received_848998972510961[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jXmHW5]received_2932799686948013[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

jimmy

I’ve had a needed easier week so far. A nice loop in the Lakes this morning round Langdale, Ambleside. Have bought some outdoor swimming gear and will be running up a hill in the next couple of days.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Finally took my fs bike into sick bay.So, a half an ride to get it there.The sunshine seemed lift my gloom slightly. Saw some lovely cube bikes in the shop.Perhaps a new bike would result in a new me.

ahsat

Not good at all here,in fact I,ve thought of giving up this year.

Keep going monkey. You’ve already got so far.

Not a good day here with bad news about a family members health, so we just walked the local 3 mile hill loop after work and had a natter. Will try and gym or something tomorrow. Really would like to buy a barbell but can’t find sensible priced 5 and 10kg bumper plates.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d missed that post monkeycmonkeydo- you can do it! You’ve already set the precedent by being on of the few who got through to the end last year.

And if you need an excuse to buy a new bike don’t let me stop you 😁

mogrim

According to my club coach we were supposed to be taking a day off today, so I just did a 40min spin on the turbo – nice and easy with a bit of music, I suppose it’s only really borderline “exercise” but that’s good enough for me.

@monkeycmonkeydo
    – keep at it, even a 30min walk counts. As long as you’re not sitting on the couch and you don’t just dawdle, I reckon it counts 🙂

sirromj

Yes keep going monkeycmonkeydo. If bad weather puts you off you can still exercise indoors without equipment, it’s not that bad honestly, I quite enjoy it, and it gets us moving! Youtube has thousands of workouts, here some easy ones: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=easy+30+minute+workout
    (If you see a bully juice in there, that ain’t easy.)
    I went out on the trials bike today after another short session bashing hardcore with sledgie.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks,sirr,mogrim,munro and ahsat.I think coming into last week with a bit of a virus was tough.Also,this town being in semi permanent lockdown since March is getting on my wick.I will try and work on a game plan for healthy survival this winter.After last years monsoon munro,you would think this would be easier.

Did a load of KB swings last night. Didn’t get to 500, I was running out of time before parental duties. But I’m a little stiff, so just some yoga and resistance bands today.

ahsat

After 3 days of walking I needed something a bit more intense so pre work garage gym this morning. Barbell and first set of bumpers ordered – need something to get me through the next 6 months!

swavis

Went out for a very soggy gravel ride last night. I might have been drier just jumping in the Spey…
    Unfortunately I think it killed my Garmin watch. I was tracking it with my Edge 810 but had my Vivoactive on by wrist. Got home and all was fine until I went to bed, the screen turned blank and I haven’t been able to get it to come back to life. It was 2nd hand off Ebay so not much hope of repair 🙁

scotroutes

Gav, I swim with my VA4 so water shouldn’t be a problem.

I have to say, I’m not exactly enthused by the prospect of riding off-road at the moment on account of how wet everything is. Trees are lovely colours at the moment though.

sandboy

I had sort of fell of this a couple of weeks ago, sore throat led to full on cold with running nose and not really feeling like intense exercise but still did the dog walking to keep up my hour a day. The last 3 days I’ve been on the road bike and although not quite back to where i was I’m feeling much better. Hope everyone has been able to keep going, not long till Christmas!,😀

ads678

I’m still plugging away, although had a few easier day last week as started doing a different job at work that involves anything between 10 and 30km walks!! So if I’ve got a big day I’ve been tracking that and using that as my exercise, but if it’s day of a few small walks then I’m still doing something extra in the evening.

Just bought a smart turbo trainer so gonna be doing some stuff on that, new tyres on the gravel bikes has meant that is my go to bike for out of the door cycling.

Running is improving, calf’s & shins seemed to have got better and not painful, so hopefully that carries on. I’m keeping it slow but might start to increase the distance a little soon and see how that goes.

I do find it hard some days to get motivated but I’m determined to do it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

First proper MTB night ride of the season last night. Double puncture. Luckily my cuz was on hand with his land Rover to get me home, after a bit of a push!

PS a Boardman road pump is less than ideal for 29*2.3 tyres and a big snakebite, took me ages to find the first puncture!

swavis

scotroutes

Gav, I swim with my VA4 so water shouldn’t be a problem

Yep, I can swim with mine too, I used it in the sea down at Jo’s last week and it was fine. Probably just coincidence. Time for a what Garmin thread? lol

I think I’ll be going for any of VA4, Forerunner 245 or a Venu. It needs to have music, I find it helps greatly with running.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Here’s my photo dump for the past few days, we’re well over a month in now so well done everyone that’s still going.

Unfortunately my photos identify that I’ve not ridden my mountain bike for a week 🙁

Day 29 – A late evening spin out to the bridges.

Day 30 – A steady gravel spin on an empty stomach in the autumnal conditions around the Pentlands.

Day 31 – a fastish paced gravel tour of the coast and West Lothian. It was lovely – geese everywhere, hundreds and hundreds of them around the tide line that all suddenly took off. And there were loads of deer around. Found some lovely tracks – the feeling of the bike moving around you on autumnal slightly muddy trails is just amazing.

Day 32 – a walk up Costorphine hill to spy the zebras

Day 33 – An offroad gravel bikey spin with my wife along the coast. She’s dabbling with gravel biking (although her threshold for rough tracks is really low, hence the borrowed MTB).

Day 34 – I had to be on a site an hour’s drive away by 8am, and knew I was going to be there til 7pm so had a bouldering session at 6am before work.

Day 35 – A spin around East Lothian on the Go! East Lothian trail. Unfortunately I seemed to have nothing in the legs and really struggled around it so it was more like Slow! East Lothian. Did spy a weasel and a hare though, and it was all very nice.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Another fail yesterday, life is just so manic currently. Been out today though which made me feel a bit better. I really miss bouldering @munrobiker it was mine and my girlfriends first proper ‘mutual hobby’ We just don’t much fancy it indoors in the current situation.

scotroutes

Another shitty day.

Couldn’t face soggy trails or puddled roads so tapped out another 32 minute run. I reckon this is good discipline for me. I’ve a habit of going long/hard but infrequently. The little-and-often approach is meaning I don’t spend so much time in recovery mode

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Shops and back carrying bags.Yep…living the dream.

MoreCashThanDash

Went out for a brisk walk round the village at 9pm. Was on the cusp of chucking it in after 35 days, and then remembered a mate is chucking £25 to CALM for every 25 days I complete, the bastard.

sirromj

After the last few days felt like I needed to do some stretching so chose a 60 minute active flexibility routine this evening. Need to do a few more of these to get a better idea of what I’m supposed to be doing. Last time I did something similar I really hated pigeon pose but started to get to grips with it, plus there’s worse. Far off from being as flexible as the guy who does the routine.

Swung the kettlebells for 40 mins today. It killed my core. Hopefully that’s a good thing!

breninbeener

Im still in. I had to record another dog walk though. Thats 4 in total, but i was completely time crunched.
    Every ride ive had has been brilliant. Im loving it, and im enjoying the faint obligation to keep my momentum.
    Keep going all!

Ian

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Still going here, last night was close to being a miss though. Came in from work and only really wanted to sit down and have my dinner. Managed out a walk, got soaked but glad I did. Indoor biking today.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Outdoor weight training in my local park today.I had some energy and enthusiasm for a change.Weather was nice as well.Just wondering if an hour and ten minutes of that might leave me aching tomorrow.Might try to loosen of on my bike.

jodafett

Sea kayaking on the last day of our holiday today. Back home tomorrow and going to try my first run in a while as I hurt my hip a few weeks back! Loving this exercising that much I’m seriously considering entering the Frontier 300 to really push my limits! Considering the longest I’ve raced is part of a trio at the Glentress 7 I may be pushing it 😳.

Pook

Just heading out for a walk. What day are we on?

scotroutes

Day 37 (15 to the end of Sept plus today is 22nd Oct).

3 hours bashing roads (and a few tracks) down near Elgin in search of some VeloViewer squares. Stopped to watch the Typhoons practicising touch-and-go’s at Lossiemouth, got well over hub-deep in a flooded section of road. Finished the ride with some very cold toes as a result. Nice to get back down to the coast though.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Looking at the many nice pictures above makes me realise how limited my options are.All I’ve done so far is walk,cycle,indoor and outdoor weights.If I had an outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts this challenge would be so much nicer.I did try Ashats pilates and some yoga but I don’t think it’s for me!Anybody got any bright ideas for interesting alternatives to my usual stuff.I thought about dancing but it would be a bit Billy Idol in my particular case!😉

sirromj

Walked to collect parcel from post office hoping the walking part would total half an hour but it didn’t, just 20 minutes. Went out for a 40 minute ride on trials bike. Finding it good to keep these rides short as is about slowly progressing skill not wearing myself out.

Knees are slightly upset with me for some of the stretching I did yesterday. Particularly the bit where shin and top of foot situated against wall knee on floor and trying to get other leg into lunge position.

jodafett

Looking at the many nice pictures above makes me realise how limited my options are.

I’m back to jumping around my kitchen and running round the block tomorrow so don’t worry about it!

sirromj

Yeah Thanet ain’t no picture either and I’ve become one of those people who rarely gets further than 15 miles away from home. Still enjoy the riding and being in surrounding pockets of countryside.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

^ Sounds like me.

ahsat

If it helps at all, my nice views over cloud inversions etc are all looking one way. Turn 180 degrees and you look right down Leeds Bradford airport runway…

Late evening Pilates for me last night. Work is absolutely stupid at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.