Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • marksnook
    Free Member

Had a plan to finish with a full day out on the bike Wednesday then a big run Thursday but I’ve just been stitched up with working tomorrow so it will have to be a short ish run then maybe finish off running in between Christmas jobs on Thursday

sirromj

finished on a combination of 75 pull ups and chin up today. happy with that, went better than my last attempt doing the same. time said more to go but body said careful now.
    half hour stroll at lunch time included 5 minute run due to time.
    Hoping for no rain for the last day to have my first hop about on the trials bike in the new garden on a couple of pallets and concrete posts. the dream!

scotroutes

35km fatbike ride in search of some dry singletrack. Then back to the Old Bridge Inn for a couple of pints while we are still in tier 1.

Lovely cold night with ice forming on puddles and muddy patches frozen into place.

That’s actually 100 days for me as I started early but I’m going to keep going until at least the 24th.

Earl
    Free Member

200 press ups while working away in front of a screen. Played with them a bit with width, tempo, archer, offset, clap, chest slap. Clap behind my back hurt my face. 100 one legged dead lifts at ikea while waiting for my hotdog.

Last day of work tomorrow so it will be a pull day. Ride on Thursday.

The last 10 years+ I’ve been on a snowboard xmas day. First lift – last lift with a flapjack for lunch sitting on the lift. Now that’s the best way in the world to exercise. This year – kicking a rugby ball around in the morn before lunch.

jimmy

Clap behind my back hurt my face

Haha!

I actually didn’t manage a full 30 minutes yesterday, my brisk walk at lunch had to suffice but it wasn’t far short and I did what I could.  I’m not counting it as a failure at this stage!

scotroutes

Day 99

11km run round a wee loop. Not from the house for a change, man cannot survive on bread alone.

It was a bit chilly

Some local history on my route

The ice cream shop had no flakes left!

Dickyboy

I failed miserably back in mid October, getting back on it now, is there such a thing as exercising everyday after Christmas 😬

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yeh,for those of us who can’t count or keep proper records.

sandboy

Raining here since mid morning but did manage to get out again on the road bike for a very wet and soggy afternoon. Hoping the rain stops before the morning as I’m not going to finish as planned. Loving the Christmas ice cream ^^. Enjoy whatever you do tomorrow and Merry Christmas to all!

scotroutes

It was Christmas Pudding ice cream!

ads678

Turbo session this evening as weather was shit all day. Was gonna take my lad up to Leeds bike park but went outside and car had a flat, so had the sort that out first then was soaking wet and cold so couldn’t be bothered!!

1 day to go, run or ride, run or ride…..

Edit: looks like it could be freezing over night and really sunny in the morning so conditions could be good for MTB if ground is still frozen…

twistedpencil

Broke my bike 10k into todays ride. Luckily I have flip flop hub that meant I could fix wheel back home, not sure I enjoyed that! Then a quick trip to North West Mountain Bike Centre saved my day 100 ride by being the all round top blokes as normal and I’m good to go with a new freewheel and chain tomorrow… phew…

sirromj

Afraid I’m going to have to play the count the commute I insist card for today… because basically I wasn’t feeling in the spirit of the challenge this evening and beer and munchies had greater appeal so much going on this week. But mostly laziness.

ads678

Well I’ve done it. Set off for a ride at 7 this morning, did 25k, was going to to do more but it was an absolute bog fest! Was nice to see the sun rise though.

Well done every one else that finishes today or the next few days.

See you next year…

marksnook
    Free Member

And done! Left the house at 7am this morning for a ride, was real nice to see the sun come up without clouds for once, got a load of Christmas stuff to do so only got 17 or so miles in. Really wanted to stay out but happy wife and all that..
    So, ended up on 106 days non stop which I’m pretty happy about. Couple days off for Christmas now
    Would like to add up my mileage totals but trawling through Strava seems a bit much!
    Same time next year then!

claudie

Thank you munrobiker, thoroughly enjoyed the challenge – no days missed. Last two days didn’t go quite to plan as I pulled my calf muscle running yesterday so replaced the planned bike ride this morning with a bracing 7m walk along the coast in the wind with my daughter to keep me company. Happy Christmas to you all and thanks for keeping me motivated with your stories and pictures

munrobiker
    Free Member

Glad people got something out of it.

Today’s ride was my favourite of the whole challenge – a bloody brilliant ride in perfectly snowy conditions up Ben Vrackie. Slippery, exciting and beautiful.

See you all again at the end of next summer!

mogrim

Cheers @munrobiker, also enjoyed that – finished today with a quick 35min run, all I could fit in.

ahsat

2.5 mile walk in the sunshine for me to finish with you all. 21 days missed due to COVID crapness! But had managed 72 days straight to that point. Thank you Munro.

scotroutes

Yay!

It was snowing as I went to bed last night so I was looking forward to a wee snowy walk to finish things off. Mrs ScotRoutes and I headed up to a wee lochan we’ve often seen but never visited. Chilly in the wind but lovely, calm and peaceful when sheltered.

That wee bit of snow just made it all quite special.

Thanks to Luke for the concept and to everyone else who joined in to help it along. Congratulations to all those who made it through, whether you had a break or not.

jodafett

Yeah, cheers @munrobiker. Finished off today with a 70k road ride. Thought things were going to fizzle out but after a 6am visit to the supermarket I was given a few hours free time before cooking duties commence! To top it off I’ve managed to get to my target weight right on the last day. 15kg I’ve lost this year!! After having cancer last year and joining this challenge I’ve proved a lot to myself in recent times so thanks for posting this. I’ll be raising a glass to your friend this evening. See you all next year!

PS – I need to find me some Christmas Pudding ice cream!

mogrim

To top it off I’ve managed to get to my target weight right on the last day. 15kg I’ve lost this year!! After having cancer last year and joining this challenge I’ve proved a lot to myself in recent times so thanks for posting this. I’ll be raising a glass to your friend this evening. See you all next year!

Good job on both counts! Enjoy your Christmas Pudding Ice Cream, you’ve earned it!

sandboy

Really didn’t fancy a strong headwind for 40 miles up to the coast today so I’ve put off the Peddars Way ride but still hoping another opportunity arrises this holiday. Went out on the road bike for a couple of hours this afternoon and it was bleak!! Freezing cold, very strong wind, rain, sleet and hailstones but the feeling of achievement when I got home felt good. Many thanks again Munrobiker for bringing this challenge into my life as it really has made me happier and especially this year I think we all needed a bit of a boost. Merry Christmas to everyone and a big well done to everyone who has had a go.

jimmy

Great challenge. I’m going to miss it. If anyone is starting an “exercise every day in 2021” I’ll… Consider it!

Nice ride last nice- clear crisp night and a tin of beer outside Rosslyn chapel to finish. Family stroll today in crisp conditions and a bonus afternoon yoga session. Done.

Happy Christmas all.

Merak

Well done to everyone!

FWI, which is very little I managed to not miss day and finished with a 70 mile road ride in glorious but perishing winter west coast Scotland sun.

I finished very strong and could have ridden on, a testament to the payoff from this challenge.

I was thinking today of the chap this is in memoriam of. So to Chris I raise a glass, slangevar.

To you all who managed every day and those that didn’t, I salute you.

Kenny Christie

sirromj

Photos above from Scotroutes & Munrobiker look awesome, I only dream of riding such places.
    Today I finished with my shortest ever ride, under half a mile, 7ft of ascent according to Strava but I’m fairly certain I hopped up on a pair of palettes more than 10 times so that’s got to be out. Took me an hour to ride less than half a mile. I like that. Was a tight space which I’m not used to, have been trialsing on streets until now.

Garden needs much much work, apologies.

Thanks for posting the challenge, have mostly really enjoyed! T-shirts slightly tighter around chest. Trials skills slightly improved. Disappointed I missed several days recently, but it happened, not going to cry about it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Day 94 here😄(think my November illness ruined my record keeping).Managed two hours weight training and a couple hours walk around town today.I will battle on till New Year then have a bit of a break.Congrats to all those who finished, even if like me,you missed a few days.Also,I,m sure ahsat did more in 72 days than some of us who were lucky enough to finish.As usual a big thankyou to Luke for keeping this going.I think with what’s knocking about this winter a solid exercise program could be a life saver.Take care all,Neil.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Well done all👏. I’d another couple of days off last week as I was decorating, mind you my arms felt like they’d had a good workout with all the rolling. So four off I think though I did do more walking than I’d have liked. Have started running a wee bit again so less excuses next year.

kimbers

So I missed 3 days, twice were Saturdays when DIY & parenting meant I didn’t sit siren until 10 pm

And the third was last Saturday when I had to pick the mum in law up before tier 4!

My commute 4 days a week gave me 45mins + of cycling a day

Got at least 2 hours of off road a week, usually at local Woburn – thanks to lockdown

On days I wasn’t cycling I did a bit of yoga or used a really useful workout app- Its called Home Workout, it’s a free one & I think I’ll be carrying on with it a few days a week

Definitely feel fitter than usual at thus time of year, in spite of lockdown

So cheers everyone & merry Xmas!

twistedpencil

Glad to have got to day 100. Will feel strange tomorrow, but I might just start again on Boxing Day 🙂

Well done everyone for giving this a go, glad to finally have managed it.

Looking forward to the 16th September 2021 already.

Pook

And done with yoga. This has been brilliant,  thank you for prompting. I feel healthier, more flexible and better on the bike. Time to keep it up now.

Happy Christmas everyone

munrobiker
    Free Member

Chilly in the wind

Yeah, the wind chill today was, erm, aggressive.

Raising a glass to Chris this evening. Snowy mountains always make me think of him, and more poignantly on the last day of his challenge. Hopefully everyone has enjoyed it and got some momentum to stay fit in the new year.

Earl
    Free Member

Early muddy ride this morn, some inverted holds on the park bars and 200 jump squat ends it with me. Only joined this thread the last 5 weeks but – I don’t think I’ve missed many a day in the last 8 years so does that count? Surely doing nothing just doesn’t feel right. Mind and body. I can only keep going down my daily path and meet back up next autumn.

Absolutely loved the photos and it’s amazing what some people have on their doorstep. Happy Christmas.

scotroutes

Day 101.

Back in Loch Morlich 😅

Twodogs

That’s my 100 done…quick muddy 90 mins on the bike this morning (I started a day late).
    Thanks to @MunroBiker for starting this!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

We might have to keep going for scotroutes sake.

diz

Didn’t quite do the full 100 days, but finished with a 5k run this morning. Great challenge well do everyone.

jimmy

Day off today.  Don’t try and make me feel guilty!

sandboy

I know there were a few who missed days are going to make it to 100, how’s it going? The wind here has been challenging but managed to get out on the road bike yesterday and today only having a day off on Christmas day. Still plan to ride every day of the holidays and will try to keep going into the new year. Best of luck to those still going and chapeau to those keeping it going.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Blew the last few days due to work, family, Xmas stuff but not bothered, have got some good new habits and in much better shape than when I started. Going to keep it going, not religiously every day but min 5 days a week.

Well done everyone, been fun following the thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.