Viewing 28 posts - 1,241 through 1,268 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • scotroutes

I’ve taken a couple of days off. I normally do 4 days exercise every week and will likely maintain that level through 2021, though I expect some bigger efforts and subsequent recovery time.

It’s been great seeing what everyone was up to and the introduction of yoga to my activities has been great. Thanks to those who suggested it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Day 97 here in accountancy towers.After a fail yesterday😔, I managed to get my arse into gear and had a two hour hike around the Tees.I will go and do an outdoor gym session tomorrow.Might wear some sunblock as it’s going to be a barmy 2C!
    P.S anybody else on here ever used outdoor gyms?Just wondering what routines you practised.All the best,Neil.

Merak

@driudh

I’m glad you’re so taken with the yoga, something new in your life!

In that vein can I suggest a small penknife you could carry about your person on your various adventures, you’d find it right handy.

☺️

jeffl

Congratulations to everyone who took part in this challenge. I managed to get to around day 50 before Covid took me out of action. Will definitely be doing this again next year.

ahsat

@jeffl – hope you are recovering ok

jodafett

This challenge has done some irreparable damage to me! I went for a 100k cycle yesterday and this morning I ran a half marathon! A year ago at this time I would have been sat on the sofa eating and drinking too much! This isn’t a humble brag, I’m just bloody shocked at myself! I’m going to try and keep this going next year but will go for a 5/2 approach with 5 days of exercise and two days of Yoga or some other low impact type of thing.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Day 99 here.Managed 65 minutes of weights,stretches,situps and pressups. Then I had a couple of hours walk around town.On my settee now feeling a bit shagged. Tomorrow I will attempt a nice warm bike ride to celebrate my final day!
    Interesting that this years challenge has resulted in 1200 posts as opposed to 400 last year.I guess Covid and WFH are responsible for this.That or Munroe has changed his deodorant😁.You decide.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Would people be interested in a 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st 2021?

jodafett

Would people be interested in a 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st 2021?

Yeah, count me in. I’m finding it’s easier to stay motivated if I take on different challenges. It’ll also help me with the chub club challenge 👍🏼

Merak

Nah you’re ok.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bit disrespectful to munroe me thinks.

Merak

Have you done 100 days straight?

I simply meant I wouldn’t be continuing.

In terms of disrespect, I’m number one on the leaderboard on this challenge today?

Ive given this everything I had.

I’ve nothing but respect for Chris.

Where are you?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I wasn’t talking about you Merek.I was responding to the idea of continuing!I think you need to take some calm pills

munrobiker
    Free Member

If people want to keep going then feel free.

Personally, I’m hoping to have some actual training to do by April and that involves actual recovery. That and I’d be very unpopular with my wife if I kept it going, she thinks this challenge is the stupidest thing in the world!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Hardly the stupidest thing in this world.

sandboy

The fact that people want to continue the challenge proves that it has helped to motivate people to exercise more regularly at a time of year when we naturally want to hibernate. I think that this is what Chris would have wanted and why he did it originally. Personally, I will try to ride for at least an hour each day as well as my two or three dog walks but enjoy not having to feel guilty if I miss a day or two. Completing this challenge last year proved to me that with a bit of planning I can find the time for exercise and as I’ve mentioned before I have benefited greatly. Happy new year!

munrobiker
    Free Member

it has helped to motivate people to exercise more regularly at a time of year when we naturally want to hibernate. I think that this is what Chris would have wanted and why he did it originally.

That’s exactly it! It’s motivation for the time when you want to hibernate.

Chris was very fit – we won or at least got on the podium at a lot of endurance mountain bike races together then whole he was doing a PhD he got into even more serious stuff including the Celtman Extreme Triathlon. But he wasn’t judgemental, if people were doing things he was happy.

sirromj

Glad I did the challenge. After a few days break and over indulging on nice food and beer felt super keen to get back to exercising – my new normal. A hop about on the trials bike followed by a run today. Probably not exercise every day but hope to continue with better consistency than before the challenge.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Final day,just had a fortifying Salmon,sausage and onion stew.Of out for a good hike in sub zero conditions.Strangely looking forward to it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Finito!

jimmy

Well done Monkey!

I was out on the bike last night in the snowy Pentlands. Just beautiful. I’ve done Hogmanay rides before but I’m thinking of just going for a walk tonight – be up a hill for the bells and watch any fireworks popping across the Lothians. I missed doing anything on Tuesday – was just too tired and realise that its those days, when I’d have done a Yoga sesh during the challenge, that will drop off after it. I’m fine with a break between Christmas & NY, though.

ahsat

Well done Monkey 👍

sandboy

Well done Monkey! Really pleased that you made up the days you missed. I’m still hoping to ride every day before returning to work on Monday but will have to wait a little while for the roads to thaw before I get out today.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks all!

scotroutes

You still got 100 days in before the end of the year so good job!

After a couple of zero days I’ve been out riding in the snow. Felt really strong last night which maybe makes the point that recovery time is important too.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Day 101,nuts and wine up here in the canopy!

mogrim

Well done Monkey! After Christmas day off, normal service has resumed. Here’s a photo from today’s admittedly short run, when a few of us headed up a mountain to toast the New Year:

Happy New Year!

So Happy New Year 🙂

stripeysocks
    Free Member

@monrobiker I have started a new thread – I know you said you won’t be doing it yourself, but can I ask you over as a “guest of honour” to the new thread to “open it” and say some words about Chris?
    He is the catalyst for this and (I’m not very good with words always so I hope this is coming out right) it would be nice to acknowledge this and remember him at this point.

90 day exercise every day challenge to take us up to april 1st

Viewing 28 posts - 1,241 through 1,268 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.