Home Forums Bike Forum Recommend me a boot, sock etc conbo to ensure dry feet

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a boot, sock etc conbo to ensure dry feet
    gooner666

After trying my AM Moab Mid STX – Mountain bike shoes with Sealskinz socks I still got very wet feet. Looks like the wet came in from the top of the socks. Ok today as it wasn’t cold but in winter it won’t be so bearable

So is there a boot/sock/trouser/tight combo that will keep my feet dry and warm

jkomo

Put these over the top of your sock. Trousers that cover the dock/shoe interface helps as well.
    https://amzn.eu/d/aQu8Ejs

bikesandboots

Five ten goretex which has neoprene top bit.

Trousers over the neoprene bit.

Gripgrab cyclingaiter to cover the joint and hold the trousers in place.

Still get a little bit of water in so on wet ground thin sealskinz too.

Only downside is it takes almost 10 minutes it feels like to get everything on.

swanny853

Those grip grabs can be made to work with Moabs but they’re a bit of a faff. It’s real shame they didn’t do a better ankle cuff in them as they’d be great wet weather shoes otherwise.

OP- some sort of gaiter plus trousers makes my moabs pretty effective at keeping my feet dry, it’s just finding a gaiter that works. I’m still using the grip grabs and just accept i need to pull them down at the back occasionally. Been meaning to try something grippy on the back of the shoe to help hold them down.

Alternatively, the ‘winter’ version of the vaude shoes have a proper cuff. They’re just very warm!

pothead
    Free Member

Troy Lee resist pants, sealskinz mtb socks and Shimano ME7 shoes did the job for me last winter

imnotamused
    Free Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184639869899?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=G_ZVDPw_QlS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=czDjzlGgRzG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

These! Been an absolute revolution for me after years of trying waterproof socks etc and they’re 12 quid. Total no brainer.

superstu
    Free Member

Those gaiters work well in my experience

blackhat
    Free Member

Long Sealskinz means you have to be in deep before it comes over the top

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Pair of ~3mm neoprene socks over a pair of thin socks.

richwales

Gore tex midi gaiters and trousers over them.

scaredypants

Cut the wrist sections off a pair of marigolds* and use them as gaiters above waterproof socks.

You’re welcome

* Pink FTW, obvz

40mpg

Another vote for goretex midi gaiters. I’ve been through water which has come almost to the top of them, but moving forward they still keep the water out of your boots.

Paired with shimano xm9 boots they’ve seen me through many a never ending wet winter.

matt_outandabout

Spatz Roadman 3 Overshoe

(You didn’t ask about fashion)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.