Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • oliverracing

Just bought a 99p presta schrader adapter, and a £5 helmet to calibalise for parts (stood on the chin buckle of my 2 week old kask helmet and reckon I can save it as kask don’t want to help), but then saw that meant I needed to pay for postage so also bought some brake pads to top up and then saw I needed a bell as somehow ended up spending £38… oops

If it helps them keep afloat till post Christmas I won’t complain

GeForceJunky

I’ve slipped and purchased one of the £560 Nukeproof Dessent DH frames to replace my 2008 Canfield frame which is feeling very retro. Not sure what I’m going to do for cheapish 29″ DH forks though :-(

honourablegeorge

bike-components.de had Boxxers on offer yesterday…..

Edit – seem to be gone now, back to €2K (!!)

mashr

or head to Pinkbike and cross your fingers

zerocool

@Geforcejunky – they also seem to be selling lots of little spare parts for their frames cheap as well (just in case they discontinue the frame).

chakaping

or head to Pinkbike and cross your fingers

I was curious so I had a look, people seem very ambitious with their secondhand DH fork pricing.

I’d look for a new-old-stock 35mm Boxxer on discount instead.

Is there extra to pay when you buy from Bike Discount these days?
    https://www.bike-discount.de/en/rockshox-boxxer-ultimate-rc2-29-200-boost-2?number=20069941&__delivery=11&__currency=1&srsltid=AfmBOopq6SMLqkPPxXcW0L6Zsv74Z6WTB-aHe5S-1DuWqbllCgSqNd77y4w

purple_moose
    Free Member

Yes – you do pay import duties on Bike Discount stuff
    I bought some Zeb’s recently for £260, import duty was ~£65, so £325 total

a11y

Re delivery timescales. After I messaged them, Wiggle have sent me a disclaimer to sign saying I’m happy to receive my bike without the PDI/assembly. Expected to reduce delivery timescale from 10 to 5 working days as it’ll bypass the queue/backlog of bikes requiring PDI’d. More than happy to do that myself to reduce the waiting time.

chestrockwell

There really are some insanely cheap bikes available if you add the 10%. Almost worth buying for the parts.

whyterider93
    Free Member

I asked to skip the PDI checks for my bike but I was told this wasn’t possible which is a shame.

a11y

I asked to skip the PDI checks for my bike but I was told this wasn’t possible which is a shame.

Strange – that’s precisely what I asked to do and they’ve granted it. Could it be bike-specific with some requiring greater assembly etc than others?

Or maybe I’ve spent so much on components from them over the years that they think I must be a bike shop/mechanic?!

It’s a Vitus Mach 3 VR hybrid I’ve ordered so nothing fancy.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Ummmm…. I placed a couple of orders yesterday and still only processing…

Anyone had orders shipped already that they had placed yesterday?

murdooverthehill

Yep, Castelli jacket ordered last night, delivered lunchtime today.

a11y

Anyone had orders shipped already that they had placed yesterday?

Yep. Ordered yesterday at dinnertime, Wiggle+ using the included next-day postage option. Evri delivered at lunchtime today.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I don’t have next day delivery but normally they ship quite quickly anyway, not sure why the hold up.

purple_moose
    Free Member

Probably Black Friday orders – I’m sure it will be processed
    I placed one on Saturday and didn’t get a despatch notification until late Monday

DrJ

Dunno if it’s due to Black Friday, financial woes, or bad luck, but an issue raised with customer support a week go is still not answered. I ordered some running kit and what was delivered was something else entirely – not even sure it was from Wiggle, though the Evri label said Wiggle on it (it was some sort of probiotic diet supplement).  i requested a refund on my original order. No reply at all.

Northwind

mashr

Some prices have definitely crept back up. Was looking at a couple of DHB base layers at the weekend, now seem to have gone back up around a fiver each. Extra 10 doesn’t work on it either to bring it closer to before

Yeah, I’ve a couple of items I’ve been watching and the prices are on springs atm

dropoff

Bike I was watching has now leapt back to £2349 from £1999, probably just as well :)

molgrips
    Free Member

Just ordered a DHB waterproof for £13.50 and rifled through the £1-3 ish stuff to get over the £20 free delivery line. A neoprene swim hat, four sets of bungee laces, some Gore gloves for £3..!

reev
    Free Member

The Brand-X 170mm droppers have gone up from £99.99 to £149.99 too which is a royal pain in the arse

lucasshmucas

Ribble 150mm droppers here at £40, if that’s any help? Only 30.9mm but you can get shims cheaply.

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/p/LEOESPIM100BK00A3485/level-hydraulic-dropper-post-w-remote-lever-150mm-black-30-9-x-485mm/

nickfrog
    Free Member

The £90 175mm Transfer is out of stock.

cerrado-tu-ruido

The Brand-X 170mm droppers have gone up from £99.99 to £149.99 too which is a royal pain in the arse

The 30.9 170mm is £99.99 + £10 for a shim

markgoldstein
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Fox Transfer 175mm for £90…

nickfrog
    Free Member

🤣 Mark. They have just found some more as they were out earlier this evening.

markgoldstein
    Free Member

Haha, almost as if they’re making it up as they go along!

submarined
    Free Member

@DrJ I had the same. Order some of the £10 hope headset cups and some cheap BBs, received a massive box of lady’s clothing from an entirely different retailer :D

reev
    Free Member

@markgoldstein Cheers for the heads up! The Fox posts were showing as out of stock for me around 7pm which is why I then looked at the Brand-X ones, but just ordered a Transfer for £90, result.

cannondalem500

Deore M4100 11-46T cassettes are now £9.99 each. https://www.wiggle.com/p/shimano-m4100-deore-10-speed-cassette?color=silver&cassetteTeeth=11-46t

Great for my winter bike coupled with the £10.99 KMC X10el chains Amazon were selling on the last prime day.

christophert21
    Free Member

ordered a energie evo gravel bike last night, quoted as mid december delivery

ogden
    Free Member

Deore M4100 11-46T cassettes are now £9.99 each. https://www.wiggle.com/p/shimano-m4100-deore-10-speed-cassette?color=silver&cassetteTeeth=11-46t

Shifters are £10 as well.

Wondering if there are any disadvantages to downgrading to this on an ebike….

chestrockwell

Couldn’t resist a Transfer for 90 quid!

nickfrog
    Free Member

Only x2 175mm Transfers left.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Wondering if there are any disadvantages to downgrading to this on an ebike….

Probably none. At that price I wouldn’t even bother cleaning the cassette. Just put a new one in. :-)

acidchunks

I had one cassette when they dropped to £20.  Just ordered another 2.  That’ll keep the commuter going for a few years

Noticed the EXTRA10 code isn’t always applied correctly.  Ragley bikes being a good example. Given all the price and promotion changes I guess mistakes are to be expected.

acidchunks

Only x2 175mm Transfers left.

Must not buy….do not need…

nixie

energie evo gravel bike

Cross bike isn’t it not a gravel.

a11y

I had one cassette when they dropped to £20. Just ordered another 2. That’ll keep the commuter going for a few years

I too bought one when they were £17ish and just put another order in yesterday – I don’t want to put yet another order in but at that price it’s hard not to. What else to buy to bring it above the £20 free postage threshold: I didn’t ever expect that to be a (first world) problem when buying a cassette!

rwm1000
    Free Member

650b are down to a crazy cheap price if that is of interest?

https://www.wiggle.com/p/prime-orra-650b-carbon-gravel-wheelset

I got a pair last week for £290 which I was happy with at the time…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.