Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For those who think Halfords stepping up is a nice idea… Do we really want cyclists funding the car lobby?

The same shop car lobby that will also advise you buy new pads and disks because yours are worn out not brand new.

singlespeedstu

Without me having to trawl all the way through this thread has anyone successfully returned anything for a refund?

Trying to track a return and the page won’t load and trying direct on the Evri site it doesn’t recognise the tracking number?

weeksy

Without me having to trawl all the way through this thread has anyone successfully returned anything for a refund?

You could read the thread or just send it back anyway and see what happens.

singlespeedstu

just send it back anyway and see what happens.

It’s already sent…

Edit.
    Just in case anyone else is returning anything at the moment.
    CRC have just informed me that the tracking portal is down for maintenance.

cannondalem500

No Haribo in my order. I wasn’t expecting any after getting a £135 helmet and a £45 lower Hope headset cup for £23.5 delivered.

Mintyjim

@singlespeedstu

I sent something (dropper post) back about 10 days ago and have had an email today confirming they are processing my returns package, please allow 10 days for the refund to be processed.

It’s “only” £80.

I had two pairs of forks to return but I got scared and ebayed them instead. I wasn’t looking to make money, in fact I lost money doing this , but I did get most of the money spent back which was my priority given the ongoing situation! 

Mintyjim

I got Haribo from wiggle for my bargain paddleboard and aluminium bottle order!

singlespeedstu

@Mintyjim.
    Thanks dude.

johndoh
    Free Member

I got Haribo from wiggle for my bargain paddleboard and aluminium bottle order!

Clearly, that’s where I went wrong – I only ordered a paddleboard and no bottle as I didn’t get Haribo :(

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Sending back a dead ebike this Thursday for repair which CRC arranged last week. Praying to all the Gods that they stay trading this side of Christmas so,
    I)I get my bike back before the administrator pulls the pin and Mike Ashley turns everything to sh!t
    II) All the Poor’s sods working there don’t get turfed out before Christmas.

Andy

@singlespeedstu I sent a couple of saddles back, all refunded. I did send them via Royal Mail as the return process only offers Evri drop off, 25 miles away from me. Plus that method usually takes 1o-14 days to process.  Sent Weds. Received Thurs. Refunded Friday & Today.

jonnyboi

Cargo bike arrive via parcel force. Completely covered in dust and looks like it was received into stock around June ’22

Rich_s

I)I get my bike back before the administrator pulls the pin and Mike Ashley turns everything to sh!t

Erm, well, the current owners have obviously done *so* well with it 🤷

matt_outandabout

Completely covered in dust and looks like it was received into stock around June ’22

Indeed – one of our clothing bags looked like it was 6 years on a dusty shelf…

chestrockwell

Stock is certainly running low as there are not many matching MTB wheel sets left.

Mintyjim

I’ve got my refund today, pretty pleased/relieved. 

tpbiker
    Free Member

I just bought a set of 500 quid wheels. Next day delivery, no sign of them being dispatched yet though

bought with pay pal so I assume if they don’t turn up it won’t be a disaster. Didn’t really need them tbh

branes
    Free Member

Refund datapoint: Got £110-worth refunded today. Did have to transfer £25 to their bank account for them to organise the return as it was bulky and I hadn’t read the small print…but all done quickly and efficiently. Impressive really considering it must feel like the last days there.

steamtb

@tpbiker I would be cautious about using PayPal as it can remove your credit card protection? More info here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75/

tpbiker
    Free Member

Would it not be covered by PP buyer protection?

I actually used the ‘pay in 3 installments’ option. If it doesn’t turn up, even if I don’t get a refund I assume PP won’t charge me for the remaining amount…right??!

nothing I’ve bought recently from them has been shipped the same day even with next day delivery so while I bought it yesterday I’m not panicking yet!

There are some silly deals on there at the moment, carbon saddle cost me 30 quid reduced from 120. Although obviously not such a bargain if it never turns up😂

cp

If it doesn’t turn up, even if I don’t get a refund I assume PP won’t charge me for the remaining amount…right??!

wrong, your credit agreement is with Paypal for the full amount. So if they ever refuse to refund you then it will be the full amount they refuse. You are reliant on paypal buyer protection.

My approach is:-

If you have a single item over £100 in the order then use credit card so you are covered under section 75.

If you have items in your order that are less than £100 even if the total order value is over £100, then use paypal for PP buyer protection. Section 75 doesn’t apply.

Either way, I’m sure CRC will despatch and deliver your wheel order.

spokebob
    Free Member

fwiw, the Vitus frame* i ordered on Sunday arrived yesterday.

(*Escarpe, absolutely stunning, unbelievable bargain)

nixie

There are some silly deals on there at the moment, carbon saddle cost me 30 quid reduced from 120.

Dammit, you made me look at Saddles. Carbon WTB now ordered for the CX bike!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a bargain 2nd hand Escarpe before all this kicked off, absolutely great bikes 👍

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

My ragley frame turned up with a chip right on the logo. Offered a full refund and return or the postage back. Took the postage as didn’t want the hassle. The other box of bits to go with it is still a victim of the address database migration and lost in Evri land.

davosaurusrex

Ordered a Nukeproof Solum frame last night with PP pay in 3 so above had me worried, had despatch confirmation just now though. Fingers crossed it turns up and undamaged!

Edit, tracking says advised, not actually shipped yet. Still, progress!

nwgiles

I have risked it and ordered the Nukeproof Mega comp 297 as the boy has grown out of his Whyte T140

tuboflard

Ordered a Nukeproof Solum frame last night

I bought one of last years colours (pistachio green) when discounted and so it looks like they’ve dropped the price of this years frames too, including the XL which wasn’t an option for me (though I only needed a M so not an issue). It’s a bargain IMO at £250.

Didn’t realise it came with a seat clamp and headset too so don’t buy them @davosaurusrex until it shows up just in case.

Only managed to get out on it once since building it up so looking forward to some dry weather to get back out again soon.

davosaurusrex

Yeah I was tempted by the green but was hoping this year’s would drop once last year’s sold out. Noticed that on the headset and clamp, ta. Did it come with a chainstay guard as well? Suppose that’s not really needed on a SS though

Have everything I need to build it up although might tweak a few colours.

clubby

Sunday’s order turned up today right on time. No Haribo but I’m sure my son can “donate” some. DT freehub for less than the bearings cost, so I’m not too worried.

tuboflard

No chainstay guard but not really needed if you get the tension right. It states only use it with a bolt through axle too but I’ve been fine with a QR hub running a Halo Hex skewer instead, meant I could use an old set of 26er wheels I had.

davosaurusrex

Doing the exactly the same with the rear wheel /hub

midlifecrashes

Price has gone back up of the Prime gravel carbon wheels. Assume stock levels must be low now.

jonnyboi

Evri lost my bargain DHB clothing parcel, (that’s two parcels in a row from different suppliers that Evri have lost) and CRC have processed a refund promptly, so no issues there then.

daverhp

Mixed result; spotted SRAM powerlinks for 59p, bought ten and decided to add something to get free delivery. Added a Nukeproof softshell at half price.

Suppose the powerlinks were still cheap (as was the jacket, and I do need a winter jacket), but still…

Ordered Saturday, delivered (Evri) lunchtime today so no complaints 👌 

niel11
    Free Member

Stock seems really low now on most things I just looked at, what will happen now? Surely there’s more value in the business when it actually has some stock to sell, will they just run it in to the ground?

I ordered a bike on Saturday and it would be good if it arrived sooner rather than later!

Any idea how long it takes for delivery? Mine just says it’ll arrive before the 14th December.

kevgeorge

They advised me @8 working days, turned up last week after 7 (working days though).

andy4d

They now have an extra 10% off their deals with the code EXTRA10.

mashr

Some prices have definitely crept back up. Was looking at a couple of DHB base layers at the weekend, now seem to have gone back up around a fiver each. Extra 10 doesn’t work on it either to bring it closer to before

a11y

Any idea how long it takes for delivery? Mine just says it’ll arrive before the 14th December.

I ordered a bike from Wiggle yesterday – quoted as delivery before 14th Dec. I messaged them saying I’d happily go without theit PDI if it got it out the door to me quicker, not sure that’ll make any difference though.

A separate EVRI-delivered Wiggle package I ordered on Saturday with next day was a day late – I suspect that’s a volume issue rather than Wiggle, and my EVRI’s normally brilliant here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.