Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 3,914 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

season 3 of Ted Lasso today

Thank god!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ted Lasso: they had me at the minifigs…

augustuswindsock

Last breath is a compelling documentary, a bit ‘touching the void’ but at the bottom of the North Sea!
    You will hold your breath whilst watching!!

plus-one

Absolutely loved Clarksons farm 🙂

Real eye opener and Kaleb is such a switched on youngster !!

Fat-boy-fat

Agent Elvis. He he he. It isn’t Hit Monkey, but not much is.

malv173
    Free Member

Very recently finished Dark. Excellent overall, and a pretty decent ending. Much better than 1899, which I watched before Dark. You can tell that the were made by the same team, as some of the sound effects are the same, or at least very similar.

We enjoyed The Banshees of Inisherin. Pretty charming, with a little darkness.

My wife enjoyed Everything, Everywhere All at Once more than me. I thought Michelle Yeoh’s acting was superb, but fun though the film was, I was a little disappunto.

We watched An Irish Goodbye, the film that won best short film. Really, really good for only 25 mins.

I’m currently watching Tales From the Loop on Prime. Two episodes in, and it’s seemingly decent.

Also watching Physical 100 on Netflix. The contestants are very impressive, the challenges mental, and the editing infuriating!!!

misteralz
    Free Member

Seven episodes in to Locke and Key right now. It could have been so good, but as it is it’s shit.

binners

We’re presently binge watching Married at First Sight Australia on 4

There. I’ve said it. Judge away.

Sometimes car crash tv just won’t cut it and what you really need is a high speed motorway pile-up that is then hit by a flaming meteorite that also hits a nearby nuclear reactor and biological weapons facility 😂

vlad_the_invader

@kryton57
    You should have posted a warning about Luther…deary me, it’s terrible

raify
    Free Member

Following on from the eighties tip of No way out on All4… The witches of Eastwick is on iPlayer. It has aged well, great film.

argee

You should have posted a warning about Luther…deary me, it’s terrible

Worst thing i’ve seen this year by far, it’s got none of the charm of the TV series and was just full of crap movie cliches, and also had a plot that makes the Fast and Furious movies look like Citizen Kane!

gwaelod
    Free Member

I enjoyed Foundation on Apple TV.

binners

The documentaries about George Michael and Paula Yates on 4 are both absolutely brilliant

Both are not so much about them, who are/were remarkable, talented and likeable people, but a comment on the utterly toxic tabloid culture that bullied and harassed them both

The homophobia deployed against George Michael and the misogyny against Paula Yates are truly shocking when viewed now, though not much has changed with the tabloids. They’re disgusting institutions and they’re still completely unapologetic about essentially hounding people to their deaths

Both are 2 parters and well worth a viewing

wordnumb
    Free Member

Official Competition.

Kuco

Just finished watching the Korean series Glory which I thought was good on Netflix.

sirromj

Well I went with The witches of Eastwick on iPlayer as suggested earlier. Haven’t watched it since it premiered on British TV on (probably) Channel 4 was probably around 16 or 17 at the time. Forgot some bits, misremembered others. There was actuality slightly less vomit than I remembered.

desperatebicycle

but a comment on the utterly toxic tabloid culture that bullied and harassed them both

Watched the Paula one – found it interesting that they made out that people didn’t realise how toxic the paps/tabloids were back then (like that journo scumbag who had the interview tapes). Well, actually we **** did. I remember the first thing I said when I heard Princess Diana died: “The tabloids killed someone else, have they?”
    Interesting to finally find out destroyed Terence Trent Darby’s career.
    Anyway, yes, good documentary.

”Beef” coming soon on Netflix looks good. About time they had a decent series on, been a bit crap lately.

martinhutch

Five episodes in, ‘Picard’ series 3 on Amazon is still immeasurably superior to the first two series. In fact, not bothering to watch the first two series is probably the best approach. It’s fantastic!

Kuco

Yes this series has been very good, wasn’t going to bother after how bad series 2 was.

thols2

Five episodes in, ‘Picard’ series 3 on Amazon is still immeasurably superior to the first two series.

Thanks. I watched S1 and it was unremarkable. I’ll try it again.

fossy

S3 Picard is the last one isn’t it ? Much better series this time.

dyna-ti

I watched Shadow and Bone 1st season and it was OK, but season two is lacking in plot.
    They need to rename it Skin and Bone for all thats in it.

desperatebicycle

Agent Elvis is pretty funny, if you like your cartoons violent and sweary

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Yeah, the first series of shadow and bone held so much promise.
    I suspect the budgets been slashed.
    Shame, as the casting was fantastic, considering how young the actors are.

kimbers

Heavy Trip on Prime is brilliant

Kuco

Watched Everything Everywhere All at Once on Amazon. Wow, that is one strange film.

Cougar

Heavy Trip on Prime is brilliant

That looks absolutely stupid.

I’m in.

sirromj

How far have people got through The Black List? We started watching it from season 1 and so get got to around S4E9. It’s a little preposterous! It has it’s good moments but… Think we’re just watching out of habit now and can’t be bothered to find something better!

Kuco

I’ve seen the full series of The Black List. Episodes are hit and miss but the character Raymond Reddington is brilliant. To be honest imo Liz is probably the weakest character in the series which is a shame as she’s in it the most. The spin-off Black List Redemption is worth a watch.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Seen it all. Three eps into season 10 now. It has ups and x downs but I’m still watching .

muddy@rseguy

Lockwood and Company was a bit of standout on Netflix this year, so I guess that means seasons 2 and 3 won’t happen…

Bosch:Legacy is somewhat hidden on FreeVee (after really enjoying the Bosch series on Amazon Prime), I’ve only watched episode 1 but it feels like its a good next step in the series. I do wonder a bit at Maddie being an LA cop though…

Clarkson’s Farm leaves me conflicted: it’s a truly great series, he makes some valid and very important points, and he obviously both loves and cares deeply about what he’s trying to do. However he also seems to be his own worst enemy and is occasionally a total pillock of the highest order.

Picard Season 3 is definitely making up for the total snore-fest that was season 2…

Oh, and Everything Everywhere All At Once was just flipping brilliant: Frankfurter fingers anyone?

spacemonkey

Oh, and Everything Everywhere All At Once was just flipping brilliant: Frankfurter fingers anyone?

We watched this last week and TBH it’s hard to know what to make of it. It’s absolutely batshit and even laugh out loud funny at times, but it’s also kind of pointless. No idea how it won so many Oscars – I mean, Jamie Lee Curtis for best supporting actress is a proper WTF. Can’t work out if it’s a work of art or self-indulgent BS.

desperatebicycle

You’re not alone spacemonkey. I never got past the “The End” part. Everything Everywhere…just didn’t do it for me at all. Rambling stupidity trying too hard to be funny.

ready

The Waco – American Apocalypse series on Netflix looks interesting. I can remember watching the news of the FBI going in (badly) live on the telebox – 30 years ago!

fasthaggis

Can’t work out if it’s a work of art or self-indulgent BS.

Probably a good mixture of both mixed in to an interesting idea.
    I just turned my imagination up to 11 and enjoyed the ride.
    Agree about the JLC as best supporting,she was OK,but nothing outstanding.

binners

The Waco – American Apocalypse series on Netflix looks interesting.

I watched it the other night. Its absolutely bonkers! I also vaguely remember it at the time, but when you watch it now, its utterly insane.

At what point did the authorities think this maybe getting a bit out of hand? I suspect that when you’re bringing in Abrams battle tanks its fair to assume you’re probably going a bit OTT 😳

The documentary deals with the siege, but not what led up to it. That is absolutely fascinating and I didn’t realise that a lot of the people in the compound were English and from Manchester and Birmingham.

Theres a superb BBC Sounds podcast series that goes into great detail about this, which is well worth a listen

BBC Sounds – End of Days

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

All those saying that Picard S3 is worth a watch, really? I found it an effort to make it through the 1st episode, I can’t believe it gets better?

binners

Actually… there are quite a few new absolutely batshit documentaries on Netflix at the moment, that are well worth watching. If only so you can marvel at how totally ****ed up America is…

martinhutch

All those saying that Picard S3 is worth a watch, really? I found it an effort to make it through the 1st episode, I can’t believe it gets better?

If you were never into Next Generation, then you probably won’t like this. I think it’s great, though.

nickc

Can’t work out if it’s a work of art or self-indulgent BS.

I thought work of art, but I can get why folks don’t think so. I’m tempted to suggest that it won lots of Oscars on the back of “Anything but Avatar, Again” But it’s also a film that pays homage to Hollywood, and Hollywood loves films about itself

I’ve read some interesting articles about the making of it, which was pretty impressive and lends some weight to some of the more batshit crazy stuff

Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 3,914 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.