Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,914 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • richmtb

If you enjoy Sci Fi:

Just finished Lost In Space, enjoyed it, good old fashioned Sci-Fi romp.

The Expanse is also great, Season 2 is excellent

Star Trek Discovery is pretty good too – the central premise is a bit silly but its very slickly put together.

Stranger Things probably counts as sci-fi too and is well worth a look.

Plenty of other good stuff on their too.

Ozark has just started season 2 and is very good

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Deadwind, a Finnish ‘The Bridge’.

She ain’t no Saga though….

jimmy

Bit late to it but I’m just getting through Line of Duty. Some of the acting is really bad IMO but it’s a page turner

jacksouth
    Free Member

I’d recommend Black Mirror if you haven’t seen it.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Black Mirror

new season of Ozark has just started too.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Shows that I’ve enjoyed the most this year on Netflix –

Happy

Dirk Gently

Altered Carbon

Jessica Jones 2

belfastflyer
    Free Member

My finger has been hovering over the cancel button for a while with netflix. Amazon prime is killing it with movies and tv shows whike NF just seem to be pumping out crappy content at an alarming rate

mikey74
    Free Member

My finger has been hovering over the cancel button for a while with netflix. Amazon prime is killing it with movies and tv shows whike NF just seem to be pumping out crappy content at an alarming rate

Really? Care to share? I have the opposite view at the moment.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Really? Care to share? I have the opposite view at the moment.

Me too, we have Prime, Netflix and Now TV and spend 90% of the time watching Netflix. It has the most content and the best content in my opinion

binners

Watched the first couple of Ozark series 2 last night and it’s bloody brilliant. Looks like things are gearing up to get very very dark!

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

It’s prime, but Sneaky Pete is worth a look.

Making a Murder on Netflix is superb!

Cougar

Amazon prime is killing it with movies and tv shows

I had a Prime trial recently.  Everything I found on there that I wanted to watch wanted further payment (including a TV series from back in 1999!).  I literally couldn’t find a single thing I wanted that was included in the subscription.

rone

Amazon prime is a bit of a mess and the layout does it no favours. Sneaky Pete has been one of the best things on there.

No comparison to Netflix’s best stuff though.

Better Call Saul S4 is fantastic yet again.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

I’ll confess that I don’t have the usial taste in stuff but Prime has –

American gods

Preacher

Seinfield

Xfiles

Vikings

Lucifer

All or nothing

Unreal

Mr Robot

Plus it has been putting up a lot of film noir and old school sci-fi so I’ve been a very happy bunny

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ll give you American Gods: However Netflix also has the X-Files. The only thing I regularly watch on Prime is Parks and Rec.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

However Netflix also has the X-Files

UK Netflix? Just looked and it’s deffo not there

mikey74
    Free Member

Oh, must just be Canadian Netflix then.

rone

Looking forward the film Hold The Dark – from today.

Netflix’s Hold The Dark review: Jeremy Saulnier returns with an uncomfortable classic

Really enjoying BCS S4. Fabulous, unshowy and unpredictable.

Drac

However Netflix also has the X-Files

UK Netflix? Just looked and it’s deffo not there

It was earlier in the year.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Last season of House of Cards soon…

rene59
    Free Member

Looking forward the film Hold The Dark – from today.

Yes, I liked the look of this. Will be watching it this weekend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, the notification for Hold The Darkdropped into my inbox today. I thought I recognised the name of the director, Saulnier so IMDB’d him. And yep, he directed Blue Ruin a few years back which was one of the best revenge genre films I’ve seen. I’d thoroughly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Hold The Dark

Just watched the trailer at work (no sound), have no idea what its about but will definitely be watching it this weekend. I’m a sucker for anything wilderness based.

rone

Blue Ruin was fantastic – shot on a mega low budget. And his follow up Green Room was very tense too.

rone

Just watched the trailer at work (no sound), have no idea what its about but will definitely be watching it this weekend. I’m a sucker for anything wilderness based.

Okay so have you seen ‘Wind River’ on Netflix?

It’s excellent. Scripted by Taylor Sheridan of Hell or High Water / Sicario . Set in Wyoming, which was great for me as I visited that area last year.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80173524

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wind River was very good indeed. The ending was nuts. 😀

butcher

Black Mirror

I watched the first episode, thought, this is a bit weird, it might take me a few episodes to get into this… Then realised the 2nd episode is an entirely new story? Does it all get tied together, or is it just random? I opted out based on the latter.

Watched the Sinner instead, which is really good and not a big investment in time.

Narcos is pretty good.

Mr Robot if you like techy stuff, although the second season drags. Picks up a bit in the 3rd.

Really enjoyed Stranger Things, but not been too fussed about watching the 2nd series.

rone

Wind River was very good indeed. The ending was nuts

yeah – i didn’t have a clue where it was going. Comes out of nowhere.

verses

Black Mirror is basically a modern “Tales of the Unexpected” or “Outer Limits”.  Each episode is a self-contained story with different characters, times and locations, the only connection between them is that the overall theme is about the potential for misuse of technology.

My current Netflix recommendation is Big Mouth, I only discovered it recently and it’s made me laugh a lot.

drlex
    Free Member

Finished watching “Maniac” last night. Enjoyed the performance of the main characters (Jonah Hill a more nuanced Ben Stiller) and the Eighties-evoking sets, but ultimately feel a bit short-changed by the ending. I’ll try to focus on the consolation of it not meandering on like “Lost”, and would still recommend it.

BillOddie

My current Netflix recommendation is Big Mouth, I only discovered it recently and it’s made me laugh a lot.

Second season is due for release in a few days.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Just tried to watch Hold The Dark, turned it off after an hour….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Maniac

athgray
    Free Member

Ken Burns 18 part documentary on the Vietnam War is a riveting watch. Possibly the best documentary series I have ever seen.

jimster01

Norsemen series 2 has just appeared yah!!! 🤗

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Goliath on Prime was very enjoyable. Also The Looming Tower. And American Gods as mentionened.

On Netflix…

Just finished season 4 of Gotham and it was superb. The darkness has moved up a good few notches and the style and production is excellent.

Mindhunter was also a highlight this year. Again really nicely produced and shot.

For something a bit different then the Barkley Marathons was a great watch too.

funkmasterp

I’ll second Mind Hunter and Wind River. The former is very atmospheric, the latter a beautifully shot film with a great plot.

robowns
    Free Member

Black Mirror is brilliant, also loved Final Space.

Amazon is absolutely dire, I pay for Prime and don’t even bother with it.

rmacattack
    Free Member

bookmarking

rene59
    Free Member

Just tried to watch Hold The Dark, turned it off after an hour….

I watched it, thought it was decent but not quite what I was expecting it to be.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,914 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.