Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
    johnx2
    Free Member

Has Kleo S2 been mentioned?  Netflix, good entertaining fun nonsense around the fall of the wall, if slightly poignant in light of more recent events.

fasthaggis

Watched the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare last night.

Its hard to put into words how bad this film is…

Winston + thousands.

I was suckered in by the ‘based on a true story’ shtick,but quickly realised it was a pile of turd.

At least it only took 20 mins on fast forward to confirm.

dyna-ti

Rebel moon directors cut just out on Netflix.

Not watched it yet but holy crow, 3h 24m running time

sirromj

Decided to start watching Three Body on Prime. Then discovered some of the episodes have to be bought to watch. Then discovered they’re all available to freely watch on youtube. Quite enjoying the Chinese version, haven’t watched the Netflix version. From reading comments about it, the Chinese version is much slower paced, and more direct translation of the book content. Only four episodes in but enjoying it so far.

zilog6128

My review of the season finale of House of the Dragon: <sigh>

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Is Spaceballs on Netflix? I’ve not seen that in yonks.

Comb the desert!

zilog6128

https://www.justwatch.com/uk/search?q=spaceballs

Amazon. Awesome movie. In other news, there’s an animated series from a few years back starring quite a few of the original cast! Who knew? Although it gets really terrible reviews, and you can’t (legally) watch it anywhere.

winston
    Free Member

@dyna-ti   If the director cut an extra 1hr 24m form that it would be a decent film. As it is its waaay too self indulgent.

fasthaggis

Is Spaceballs on Netflix? I’ve not seen that in yonks

“We’re gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed”  

:)

Caher

A bit pants I agree, got to wait now 2 years for more of the same.

bensales
    Free Member

Rebel moon directors cut just out on Netflix.

Not watched it yet but holy crow, 3h 24m running time

@dyna-ti   If the director cut an extra 1hr 24m form that it would be a decent film. As it is its waaay too self indulgent

The director did, it was released first.  It was rubbish.

roger_mellie

The Instigators on Apple TV is fine for a Saturday night film.

Just don’t watch the trailer beforehand – I never thought a trailer could make a film look bad.

fasthaggis

#latetoanotherparty.. I may be one of the very few that has never watched Peaky Blinders, but am now going to give it a go after listening to the writer Steven Knight on Desert Island Disks. Even if you don’t fancy the series,his DID  is well worth a listen.

:)

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

For what it’s worth – I can’t agree with those that didn’t like Ministry of Ungentlemanly War. We found it great fun and perfect popcorn entertainment. Very much in the vein of Rogue Heroes – hardly surprising. And yes, it is based on a true story in as much as there was an operation called Postmaster and it did target the ships in that port. A few of the characters existed (not all of them in that place though). But a hugely entertaining piece of cinematic escapism. Loved it. :)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I may be one of the very few that has never watched Peaky Blinders,

Watch series 1.

You may then stop.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Exploding Kittens.

Surprisingly good, although title is almost entirely misleading.

Would like to see Tom Ellis branch out into non-Judeo-Christian deity roles in near future.

BoardinBob

If you fancy a nostalgic evening watching Beverley Hills Cop: Axel Foley, don’t bother.

Eddie Murphy clearly can’t be bothered. Absolutely phones it in with now where near the energy of the original films. Terrible script and acting. Judge Reinhold makes Mickey Rourke look normal, which is probably why he’s only in it for 15 minutes. John Ashton’s hair and moustache dye job would make Rudy Guliani wince. There’s also an utterly bizarre and pointless scenes with Luis Guzman. Kevin Bacon’s henchmen looked like the cast off love children of Siegfried and Roy. The plot is absolute garbage and it’s just a series of really bad set pieces.

dartdude
    Free Member

Intro to bev hills cop 4 was shite turned off removed from list

Gentleman 2nd series will be up and coming

Brassics alright like

Orphan 1st kill is creepy as f

dartdude
    Free Member

Why him ? Is utter filthy crude humour a v comedic watch

binners

We gave up on it after 2 or 3 episodes of watching people mumbling to each other in dark castles and realising we couldn’t care less if every last one of them was incinerated by a dragon. In fact, that would be infinitely preferable to the spirit-crushing tedium of what wasn’t happening on screen

Its like they drew up an exhaustive list of all the things that made Game of Thrones brilliant, then systematically removed any last trace of them.

Awful!

In somewhat more interesting news: Ted Lasso series 4 is on the way :D

nicko74

I’m still working at The Boys S4, and it does feel like work tbh. Clearly they’re trying to tee things up for the final season, but the pacing is so all over the shop. Ep1/2 – actual stuff happens. Ep3/4/5 – nothing happens, so instead there are diversions with flying sheep, dying people not dying, and randomly bringing in events from the TV show as if you remember seeing them.

Definitely not impressed

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Scavengers reign on Netflix… Very good

timmys

Brassic S1-4 now on Netflix. Good fun if you haven’t caught it on Sky.

New series of Colin from Accounts and Slow Horses next week – can’t get much better than that double whammy!

binners

Brassic is great fun for a bit of silliness. All filmed around our neck of the woods so we have the added bonus of location spotting. Worth watching just for Jim the Farmer

DrJ

Another new series to watch – Perfect Couple directed by Susanne Bier (Bird Box and a load of Dansk films) and starring Nicole Kidman as rich American woman (as usual)  and various other well known actors in other roles Bono’s daughter from Bad Sisters (forgot her name), the cosmetic surgery nightmare that is now Isabelle Adjani and others. Enjoyed the first one.

binners

@DrJ – It’s very good. Has that familiar very slick feel of White Lotus or Nine Perfect Strangers. A great cast who all seem to be enjoying themselves playing thoroughly unpleasant people and the plot is a good, old-fashioned Agatha Christie style whodunnit.

Well worth a viewing

Prophet2
    Free Member

Bad Monkey on Apple TV is enjoyable. It’s Vince Vaughan pretty much playing Vince Vaughan as a disgraced detective in the Florida Keys.  Interesting plot and a few laughs along the way. Halfway through the series and it’s holding our interest.

desperatebicycle

I accidentally watch Netflix’s No.1 pickathepopschartrundownpoppickers film the other day – and it was pretty good! Expected dumb action movie, got quite thoughtful, sometime complex, semi-action, quite thoughtful erm, ‘cops are bad’ thriller : ‘Rebel Ridge’

Also, may have been mentioned but knockabout plague and pestulance comedy ‘Decammeron’ is worth a watch.

nicko74

+1 for Rebel Ridge. I’d seen a 5* newspaper review of it so spotted it – the title does it no favours, but it’s solid thoughtful action beat em up.

Just finished S2 of Mayor of Kingstown, need a bit of a breather after that. Bad Monkey next I reckon!

Started Sherwood S1, I thought it was very good, great writing; the OH isn’t so sure.

Has anyone looked at Stags on Paramount? Also got great reviews, but after 1 episode I’m not totally sure.

toby1

Decammeron

Does it improve? I watched the first couple and it felt like there was an in-joke I was missing?

desperatebicycle

I didn’t expect to like Decammeron (it was recommended by a strange person), but found it funny. That doesn’t mean you will, of course.

Watched Eden Lake on Amazon at the weekend – amazed we hadn’t seen it before (2008)

Totally infuriating at times, but a distrubing gritty horror.

We then followed that up with Summer Scars – a budget Welsh film. At times nasty and disturbing, but in a way, a complete contrast to the previous film

Both are centred round working glass gangs of kids, I’ll not say too much more

surlynot
    Free Member

Lou.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Decameron was mostly funny, but walked a very fine line between excellence, and disappearing up its own arse.

It could have been better without the preachy ending, too. That was one of the bits that didn’t fall on the side of excellence, but went the other way…

desperatebicycle

Decameron was mostly funny

Oh, I agree, it wasn’t the best thing I’ve ever seen, you can’t expect all recommendations to be absolutely perfect! But it was worth watching for the Tindaro character, I thought he was bloody hilarious.

desperatebicycle

Eden Lake on Amazon at the weekend

Saw that when it came out, it lingers in the mind. Its a great horror, because it could actually happen. Humans do make the best monsters.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

worth watching for the Tindaro character, I thought he was bloody hilarious. Squadron Commander Lord Flasheart

Couldn’t agree more, I half expected a copyright suit to follow.

desperatebicycle

Squadron Commander Lord Flasheart

You clearly watched a very different version of Blackadder to me!! Absolutely **** all like Flashheart!

Caher

+3 Rebel Ridge. Very good.

garage-dweller

Perfect Couple

Agreed. A couple of episodes in and enjoying that.

I think it was on Prime originally but Nine Perfect Strangers is another series with Nicole Kidman that has a nice watchable / quirky what’s going on feel about it.

We’re enjoying Glitch at the moment.

And can anyone tell me does the new series of Umbrella Academy get better.  First episode left me cold, which is a shame as really enjoyed the earlier ones.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.