Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 2,190 total)
  • Lance, latest have we done it yet.
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

some Major Misunderstanding moments are great, like alzheimer sufferers– always making new friends

alex222
    Free Member

No they are repentant cheats which is better than an unrepenatant cheat or a cheat who still denies it but not better than someone who has never cheated.

You are right ^^^^^^^

That is still a straw man you are posting

Junkyard
    Free Member

I cannot do a straw man when I explain my own view I can only do it if I misrepresent someone else.

I speak nonsense– its intoxicating
    Same here.Though I think I am more of an irritant than an intoxicant.

Obvious troll is obvious
    Enjoy your scribbling

alex222
    Free Member

Enjoy your scribbling

Same to you sir.

mt
    Free Member

Shall we carry on with the Vuelta thread? Which doper will win today?

alex222
    Free Member

Which doper will win today?

Swift? 😀

instanthit
    Free Member

I’ve been watching this thread with “interest” probably not the right word but it will do. This is my take:
    Who on this forum can put their hand up and honestly say they did not enjoy watching Lance race?
    I did.
    He has helped raise the profile of cycling to another level, how many people in the street could name a TDF winner, or in some cases even know what the TDF is before he came onto the scene.
    He probably is arrogant, pompous and full of himself-again a lot of top class atheletes are, thats how they get their will to win.
    I did get to meet him in 2005, chance encounter, he was pleasant and signed his auotograph (new i should have put it on ebay a couple of years ago) but he had an aura about him, determination, intensity, a winner.
    At the time he was an inspiration.
    But know i love Brad and its all ok again.

mt
    Free Member

alex222 – Member

Which doper will win today?

Swift?

Just checked http://www.dopeology.org and he is not there so he must be clean, also he is British.

higgo
    Free Member

bigdawg – Member
    …looks as though the USADA evidence could be released (made public) within the next week.

Interesting – got a source for that?
    I would have thought (but could well be wrong) that USADA wouldn’t release any evidence until after the three remaining arbitration cases.

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought there was only one case, Bruyneel. The other 3 didn’t even respond so are already done.

higgo
    Free Member

Dr Celaya opted for arbitration.
    Coach Marti was initially banned for life after not responding to USADA but subsequently asked for the case to be taked to arbitration. USADA agreed.

So, three arbitarion cases outstanding.

higgo
    Free Member

glitchety bump

higgo
    Free Member

glitchety bump bump

higgo
    Free Member

glitchety bump bump bump

bigdawg
    Free Member

thats a lot of bumping!

USADA said they would release the evidence at the same time as sending it to UCI and other associated organisations, which I believe is being done wednesday.

I can understand them making it public at teh same time LA & co effectively get their hands on it so they, or their attorneys, don’t have a chance to ‘have a word’ with the witnesses as has been done with previous witnesses.

Also with senators and other members of the higher US government breathing down their neck and looking into their funding it may be better to get it into the open before they’re stopped from doing so.

higgo
    Free Member

thats a lot of bumping!

Innit.

higgo
    Free Member

So….. UCI won’t appeal USADA’s ruling on Armstrong.
    (unless they want to)

And no cover up either, says Pat…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19527032

higgo
    Free Member

More detail here including the idea of a UCI “amnesty for riders and officials to confess to doping offenses” and the practicalities of removing LA from the TdF results.

I get the impression that McQuaid really, really wants to see the USADA evidence and is trying to up the ante.

Junkyard
    Free Member

First one is just the UCI syaing they want to see the evidence – IIRC they have to ratify the decision though – they cannot challenge the evidence as LA has not. Imagine the UCI taking it To CAS when LA did not even defend it.
    probably reluctant to give it to them as they are named in it and their are rumours of collusion with LA

Asked if he believes Hamilton’s evidence is now tainted, McQuaid added: “I think so… when people time the arrival of books to meet certain situations I question what their real motivations are. Is it to make money?”

Aye nothing LA ever did was designed to make money now was it.

For sure Hamilton is publishing now to make money but that does not mean he is lying – for example if LA admitted the offences would he loose money as a result? The motive applies to both but proves nothing.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bump. How we doing? Lance was denied entry to a race the other day. Got to be some more fallout from hamiltons book?

higgo
    Free Member

He is doing the ‘SuperFrog’ Triathlon (as it’s not affiliated to ‘USA Tri’).
    @Hora – there were places left at the weekend if you fancy a once-in-a-lifetime chance to race against him.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SUPERFROG-Triathlon/335520412832

mt
    Free Member

Tomorrow we will be having the last club 10 of wibbly wobbly wheelers, Lance Armstrong has been baned from riding.

This is not because of any drugs offence he may have commited, we just don’t like flashy types with all there fancy gear and midcalf socks.

alex222
    Free Member

I have a team replica madonne but it cost me £650 second hand so I feel that I must take drugs at least on a recreational level to feel like I am doing the machine some justice.

higgo
    Free Member

Tomorrow we will be having the last club 10 of wibbly wobbly wheelers, Lance Armstrong has been baned from riding

Have you told (a) him (b) your local newspaper that he is banned?

mt
    Free Member

He has been told, I’m am lead to believe that he reads the leading bike forum so he’ll now know. Did try the Daily Mail but told me that they would not write anything about lycra louts who go about steeling old ladies hand bags after running them down.

higgo
    Free Member

USADA said they would release the evidence at the same time as sending it to UCI and other associated organisations, which I believe is being done wednesday[/u].

Will they or won’t they?

Junkyard
    Free Member

they will release but noit sure when

It will change very liitle as people will say his mates are lying and only LA tells the truth etc.

higgo
    Free Member

It will change very liitle as people will say his mates are lying and only LA tells the truth etc.

As long as there are people who believe the earth is flat and One Direction have talent, there will be people who believe Lance is the messiah.

If, as rumoured though, USADA’s evidence contains more than just testimony, some of his more rational supporters will surely change their minds.

Personally I don’t think any evidence will be released today or until the last three arbitration cases are resolved as thay are all obviously interconnected. But some say it will come out today.

Wait and see….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not sure tbh

It is nice to have heros
    It is nice to have superheros and LA was/is surely one of them for what he did on the bike and off the bike.
    It is hard to give that up when he still denies – that is not a dig we all once thought LA was clean [and Bertie].
    I could break the swear filter saying what i really thought about them now especially the denials/hype

Unless LA confesses or the biological passport is conclusive and easy to understand then some will still believe.
    I just cannot see him confessing now tbh and therefore ever

crazy-legs

Bit of a thread bump but this is worth a read:
    http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Why-Lance-Armstrong-Will-Never-Give-In.html?page=1

and much more entertainingly, Paul Kimmage is being taken to court by the UCI for defamation:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-receives-uci-subpoena

chipsngravy
    Free Member

I’ve come to my own conclusion on Armstrong. He’s a scum bag. Not so much for cheating as a cyclist (we all know pro cycling is a joke). More for cheating on the trust and faith cancer patients and their families have placed in him. He’s really let these people down.

Add to that, If I was Trek, Giro, Nike etc I’d be distancing myself from LA pretty sharpish. My Livestrong trainers are in the bin.

I’m curious to see what happens to Armstrong and his attempts to not open up and tell the truth. It would eat away at most people. He seems like such an accomplished liar, maybe he’ll take it to his grave.

hora
    Free Member

STOP POSTING SITES THAT NEED TO SELL/ILLICIT RESPONSE TO KEEP UP CIRCULATION AND ONLY POST OFFICIAL NEWS NOT CONJECTURE WITH AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE?

rkk01
    Free Member

Anyone else reading the Hamilton / Coyle book?

I’m finding it a very compelling narrative…

.. OK, most of the stuff has been “out there” before, but the book presents it all in a logical timeframe – gives all the revelations context etc

druidh
    Free Member

He’ll be gutted 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

STOP POSTING SITES THAT NEED TO SELL/ILLICIT RESPONSE TO KEEP UP CIRCULATION

Erm excuse me but what do you think the STW site is?

AND ONLY POST OFFICIAL NEWS NOT CONJECTURE WITH AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE?

its a conjecture from you that they have an ulterior motive.

They are clear it is all a conjecture because it is based on LA or others doing things they have not done. it seems fairly balanced tbh abou what this would mean/result in.

it is clear they think LA has nothing to gain from “admitting” it or changing his story and they dont comment directly on whether he is guilty or not.

hora
    Free Member

My issue is quoting/linking sites that are essentially the writers opinions. A bit like using wiki in a dissertation creditted as a “source”.

midlifecrashes

Just read the Tyler Hamilton book this week. A good read, and puts a lot of bits and bobs of information into a proper story, explains the system of how systematic doping has been working.

crazy-legs

Hora: I posted it cos it’s an interesting read. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. At no point did I say that it was gospel truth. Like most stuff on LA, it’s a mix of opinion, fact & rumour.

nicko74

My issue is quoting/linking sites that are essentially the writers opinions

erm….
    a) this is a forum, so quote whatever the hell you want
    b) this is a forum, and we’re listening to essentially your opinion. It may not need a hyperlink, but your posts are all essentially the writer’s opinion

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Lance, latest have we done it yet.’ is closed to new replies.