• This topic has 2,189 replies, 248 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aracer.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,190 total)
  • Lance, latest have we done it yet.
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

The case is only suspended, pending the outcome of the UCI’s independent enquiry into itself.

ds1
    Free Member

– response to Kimmage’s Twitter

I watch TdF, know nothing about road racing other than that, but I find all this completely engrossing!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

According to The Sunday Times yesterday it looks as though Kimmage may well now sue the UCI & use the fund for what it was designed for… getting the sport clean

tang
    Free Member

Lance has tweeted ‘Alive and well in Hawaii’.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Team Sky’s director sportifs are looking a little thin on the ground. Three down now!

druidh
    Free Member

So – Wiggo “made it to the podium” in 2009 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

WackoAK
    Free Member

Jens Voigt finally gives his thoughts on the doping issues here. It’s a good read.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

So what Jens is saying that despite riding under Bruyneel and Riis for the best part of a decade, he never witnessed or suspected anyone else in either of those teams was ever doping? I like to think Jens is clean, but he’s clearly still keeping to the Omerta.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Hard to believe jensie is clea.n…almost impossible to believe that he was unaware of doping. He was at the livestrong event the other week.

headfirst
    Free Member

I’m in the middle of Tyler Hamilton’s book and he was doing EPO and blood transfusions under Riis’ supervision at CSC in 2004, when JV was there…in hindsight I believe there’s a greater than 50% chance that Jens has doped on more than one occasion and a 100% chance that he knew it was a widespread practice… 🙁

jfletch
    Free Member

Two telling paragraphs for me in Jens’ article.

?And to avoid the impression that I don’t want talk about the past, or want hide my past, here I am saying very loudly: Keep my samples, test them, and re-test them, in 10 years or in 100 years from now. Go back in time and open my sample from five years ago or 10 years ago. Feel free to do so! There will never be any surprises because I have nothing to hide.

This convinces me that he is clean. Someone should call his bluff and actually go test to be sure, but as a fan I have a lot of respect for a rider who would say this. Its certainly something Lance has refused to say. In fact I am very suspicious of any rider who wouldn’t say this.

But this paragraph doesn’t ring true

have taken very clear stands on doping throughout my entire career, and I hope you folks understand that. I have a family and children, and I am sick—read it from my lips—I am sick of my wife getting asked in the school if I do drugs. I’m sick of getting asked myself at the kindergarten if I dope. I’m sick of having to explain my job to strangers and justify my existence. And for me the line is definitely crossed when my family gets involved and gets stressed out because of the ongoing doping stories in our sport.

If Jens is genuinely sick of this there is plenty of things he can do to help stop it. Stopping hanging out with Lance would be a good start, speaking out about individuals who dope would be another. He has a status in cycling above most others and with that he has the influence to end the Omerta, yet he doesn’t.

He says it was right that Johan Bruyneel got fired from Radioshack, but the information about Johan and Lance has been in the public domain for years, why wait until now to say something. Why ride on his team? When Leopard merged with Radioshack why not say “If that dirty doping cheat is my DS then I’m leaving”, who would the sponsors stand behind? The cult hero in world cycling, adored by fans around the world, or some creepy Belgian?

Jens, unless you end the Omerta you don’t have any right to speak out about the suspicion that you are also a doper. A doper by association.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Lifer
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

what he admitted the Beef story was BS, admitted he doped, admitted to blood transfusions and has begged for forgiveness and insists he will be clean from now on ?

Will i be disappointed if I open the link ?

He is this generations LA 😳

Lifer
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    what he admitted the Beef story was BS, admitted he doped, admitted to blood transfusions and has begged for forgiveness and insists he will be clean from now on ?

Will i be disappointed if I open the link ?

Very.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I really really would like to believe Jens. Having read Hamilton’s book, he does say that at US Postal the team was split in two with the Tour A-team getting the “preparation” they needed and the rest of the support team being left out of it. So what he says could possibly be credible.

And if it is true, then just imagine what a Jens on EPO, HGH and testosterone would have been like 😯

kcr
    Free Member

Keep my samples, test them, and re-test them

But as we know, Hincapie, Vaughters, etc, etc, etc demonstrated that you could successfully dope and still pass the tests, so retrospective testing won’t prove he was racing clean.

jfletch
    Free Member

And if it is true, then just imagine what a Jens on EPO, HGH and testosterone would have been like

Like Lance Armstrong, Jan Ullrich, Bjarne Riis, Miguel Indurain and others.

All heavy roulers who used drugs to get them through the mountains with and ahead of the skinny climbers without having to lose weight so that they could still ride the TTs.

leffeboy

and for fun
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sxuXt_R6Mw[/video]

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Voight seems like he might be telling the truth. Clearly an extremely hard worker but seems to spent a lot of time as a domestique, with no grand tour titles…?

boxfish
    Free Member

Arf

higgo
    Free Member

So…
    Bruyneel (and the other two) arbitration cases to be heard by end of year with LaLa subpoena’d and under oath.

Maybe they’ll get more out of him than “chillin’ in Hawaii”.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/news/usada-will-hear-bruyneels-case-before-end-of-2012-may-call-armstrong-to-testify_263275

oldbloke
    Free Member

Interesting today that BBC reports UCI being sued by a sponsor for presiding over a loss of public confidence in cycling.

UCI on trial – who next?

rkk01
    Free Member

Kimmage has gone on the attack – criminal complaint lodged in the Swiss court….

Could result in McQuad and Verbruggen getting 5 years behind bars

rkk01
    Free Member
    Blackhound

Viewpoint of a clean rider:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Whistler+cyclist+Will+Routley+says+competitors+used+PEDs+aren+just/7502237/story.html

It also appears Mexico is now part of the Commonwealth. You learn something new everyday! (see note at bottom of article)

MrGreedy

Not strictly related, but I was just watching Greg Lemond taking LA to task at a press conference when I noticed a strangely familiar face over Greg’s shoulder at 4:20.

How deep does the conspiracy go? Is STW towers implicated? We need to be told, godamnit!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH650Br8uI[/video]

Edit: And if you watch the jump between camera angles at 5:39, he appears to teleport from behind Greg to the front of the room level with Lance. Curiouser and curiouser…

crazy-legs
    piemonster

piemonster

Ooops, sorry. Beaten to it by some margin on another thread

MrSmith
    Free Member

so he has given an exclusive interview to cycling news.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lance-armstrong-exclusive-interview

interesting to see that he thinks LeMond wasn’t clean, wonder what the responce to that will be?

“No generation was exempt or ‘clean’. Not Merckx, not Hinault, not LeMond,”

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The man really is a sociopath isn’t he?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, it really is all about him!

However, I do agree with much of what he says here. To simply dismiss him as a sociopath would be a mistake.

alex222
    Free Member

Let’s be fair. 17 of the last 33 tours have been ‘tainted by doping’. That doesn’t include Big Mig which would make it 22 of the last 33. It also doesn’t include Hinault; which makes it 25 of the last 33.

So if it looks like shit and smells like shit what is it?

martinhutch

“No generation was exempt or ‘clean’. Not Merckx, not Hinault, not LeMond,”

Misquote:

Actual: “Not Merckx’s, not Hinault’s, not LeMond’s, not Coppi’s, not Gimondi’s, not Indurain’s, not Anquetil’s, not Bartali’s, and not mine.”

So it stops short of saying Lemond was doping, just that his generation was riddled with doping. Kinda implies he was though, and it wouldn’t be Lance unless he was trying to smear Lemond, so business as usual.

Really, really ups the pressure on Pat McQ though. In what context would he be having a forthright conversation with Lance about Truth and Reconciliation? That kind of chat comes from the standpoint that you acknowledge the sport is consumed by doping, probably including the man you’re talking to, and the only way forward is T&R.

Edukator
    Free Member

Hinault refused a dope test after a crit and Indurain tested positive for an asthma drug (salbutamol IIRC – Google it) but a theraputic justification was accepted.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Lance, latest have we done it yet.’ is closed to new replies.