Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Also – I can open my ship up for multi-crew, right? So I could have one NPC and a second fighter with a multi-crew pilot, if someone accepts, for more firewpower – no?

Yes, but…

Surely that second CMDR could be better utilised fighting in his own ship with his own NPC Pilot in a fighter for even MOAR FIREPOWER!

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm. It’s not much more effort to win highs, at least for me it seems with my current ranking and ship setup. So maybe the best bet is to head for highs and kill as many fighters as I can whilst ignoring the objectives.

Considering trying again with the Anaconda and maybe swapping one of the MCs for seekers.

Surely that second CMDR could be better utilised fighting in his own ship with his own NPC Pilot in a fighter for even MOAR FIREPOWER!

Yes, if you can get them to come. If people are looking for crewing ops they can just teleport in for some quickie action – easier.

perchypanther
    Free Member

So maybe the best bet is to head for highs and kill as many fighters as I can whilst ignoring the objectives.

That’s my current strategy.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

4th largest squadron on Inara and 3 of their senior guys have showed up.
    They seem to be rabid, foaming at the mouth, mostly American, role-players who take this way more seriously than our bunch of time-poor middle aged part timers can deal with.

OK, I don’t feel so bad now. I think we’ve learned a lot out of this. Maybe before the next war we sus out the potential for incomers to spoil/rock the party or create a diversionary war in another local system? The Syndicate didn’t seem as big or organised as LL so maybe there’s room to expand into that space at some point?

@molgrips
    – re: winning/losing stations via battles, no idea TBH but I took the “at risk of losing Tennyson” messages and decided to fight in the CZs closest to Tennyson. I do get multiple pop ups when I cruise into/past a CZ, 4 pop ups I think. Just thought it was normal.

matt_bl
    Free Member

@Molgrips HIP 46179 has planets with geological sites for almost every mineral. Iron will be available on all of them.

If we lose the war, we will lose our ‘best’ base, in this case Tennyson.

This is not about BGS, Lavigny’s Legion are here for Powerplay reasons, having Akuntsu under Federation control would not change it from being an exploited system, but it makes it less attractive for them.

They do not care about IPP, if another Empire aligned faction was taking over they would not be here.

Velniat is the best system that we are in (apart from Akuntsu), so it would make sense to work there. Then we should decide whether we want to develop Coribes or Col 385… or whether we want to expand. I have a target in mind.

Personally, I will make Lavigny’s Legion fight this battle every week, whilst at the same time wiping IPP from the map.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Hehe. Can we displace IPP without a war? Cos much as I like pew pew it gets boring after a while.

matt_bl
    Free Member

No, they can only be displaced with a war. Even if we skipped past them in ‘Influence’ they would still be the controlling faction. If we ever got to 60% that would trigger a war with IPP.

I think we should fight with everything we have on Thursday. If we lose move on somewhere else, but retain fly in the ointment tactics.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hehe. Can we displace IPP without a war? Cos much as I like pew pew it gets boring after a while.

Not without a war but maybe without a war against the Empire.

If we support the Allied Akuntsu Autocracy, an independent dictatorship, until they match with IPP. then there’ll be an election rather than a war.

If we can win that election* and then have NKL depose AAA in an unopposed war with no external Imperial support.

We’d need to fight a war with IPP after they lose control of the system but that’s likely to be unopposed as well as, at that point, there’d be nothing of importance at stake for the Empire.

*Problem is that the same Imperial dogs are likely to try and interfere in our rigged election to retain system control for the Empire…but wars are cool and elections just aren’t

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok. So let them think we’ve given up, then we can do everything we can to smash it on Thursday which is the last day isn’t it?

They have the advantage with the time zone, as they can respond to whatever we do. Or can they? They won’t see how many combat bonds we have?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh Perchy I like that idea. Full on cold war style proxy wars.

perchypanther
    Free Member

We’ve proved we have the ability to win a war but we just need to cut the external influence of the Imperial PewPew Squad out of our equation.

molgrips
    Free Member

In other words, we’ve proved we can win wars against NPCs but not against anyone with any clout 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nah, we’ve proved that, when faced with an overwhelming force we’re prepared to resort to guerrilla tactics.

Old age and treachery will almost always triumph against youth and exuberance.

Rather than continue to fight an unwinnable war, why don’t we instead fight two easily winnable ones, deliberately don’t fight another resulting in a draw and contest an election instead.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Lavigny’s Legion has a membership of nearly 1200. It’s like Luxembourg taking on the USA.

I love the sneakiness of Perchy’s suggestion, however:

It would still appear on their radar (even Empire swaps appear!)
    Empire to Independant would still be a change from a Powerplay perspective

I am not suggesting we don’t consider this in the future.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Count me in.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Akuntsu traffic on Inara is shown as 48+ ships in the last 24 hrs.

Even if we account for 10 of those we’re still hugely outnumbered.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s typically around 8 when no-one else is around!

Matt

matt_bl
    Free Member

Just a ‘heads up’.

Around 2200, I will take Moon’s Spawn on a short jump to sell some void opals I found round the back of one of the docks. I’ll probably be back by 2300

Matt

D0NK

Slumpys now does combat bond redemption and refuel rearm etc, will be parked in kuwembaa near the jump point, in about 11mins, so a quick turn around from Akuntsu, perfect for all those currently not on best of terms with IPP in large ships.

Dont think theres much point parking it in akuntsu what with the IPP security.

Does it matter where you hand in bonds? If so maybe I could park up near tennyson if there’ll be NKL security instead of IPP?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yes, bonds only count in system. It is a much debated defensive advantage where the controlling faction control all stations. Or where there is only one.

I predict I will be hostile with IPP after a couple of CZs tomorrow.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice one D0nk, ta.

Although I was under the impression it did matter where you hand your bonds in?

EDIT according to this https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/fleetcarrier-and-bgs.542296/ if you hand in your bonds on a carrier you will NOT contribute to the war effort. Still handy for re-arm though.

D0NK

OK I’ll put it in Akuntsu then, so shall I park it outside A1 (near wylie) or the main star or is it worth sticking it on A11E next to Tennyon in the hope security will be friendly? Im assuming any of you using it will be in war machines so a few vipers taking potshots at you isnt too much of a concern anyway, inwhich case I err to the former, shorter travel time from CZs

if you hand in your bonds on a carrier you will NOT contribute to the war effort.

I should have checked that before shelling out 175M for the service :-0

So question remains, stay in kuwembaa so none warships can use it or park it near tennyson so you can do combat bond hand ins and rearm in the same vicinity? Think theres a high CZ near tennyon too, so makes sense to keep it together….agreed?

matt_bl
    Free Member

I would keep them together, shortening supercruise times is desirable.

Matt

D0NK

ok, should be there in 15mins or so, I do cartography aswell now 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, mis-read.

I’ll be using Tennyson or Williams, because the latter has a large pad. I’m not sure which of my ships is the quickest at killing. Maybe if I head to a low and let my fighter engage at will I’ll get more scalps.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

I’ll happily use the carrier if parked near Tennyson.

Also, I approve of Perchy’s proxy war approach, if for no other reason than to hack off LL mob with a series of elections to keep fighting.

I’ll need to work a bit late tonight so I’ve sacked off my ride in favour of eating curry and playing Elite. 🙂

Trampus
    Free Member
    D0NK

STW vs Lavigny’s Legion

LOL.

quick reminder, make sure you target powerplants, makes a big difference in CZs, Ive seen ships at 75% hull pop. Once PP is down to 0% I keep a beam laser on it and fire the odd MC round into it til it starts those tell tale few small explosions, saves on ammo.

T9s going down ridiculously easy, impossible to miss those things, PPs seem fragile on them aswell.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Interesting, IPP are also at war with LCE in Kuwembaa.

But to more important matters, Home of Vista is the carrier of Unsalted_vista, an Indy pledged to Felicia Winters, he’s also Elite which is a cut above most of us. He’s part of a small indy squadron House of the Rising Cern and they’re all PS4. I suggest someone on the same platform reaching out to see where their loyalties lie as that could have a large influence.

https://inara.cz/galaxy-station/186197/

Still can’t see who the owner of Aunt Zemina’s Party Van is.

LLV Imperial Herald’s owner is Dangerous which isn’t too daunting but depends who is with him.
    Llv Andretti’s owner has no info.

Also, it would appear that cross platform support for squadrons exists since LLV is on all 3. We should get on that, decide a name and take it from there.

@D0nk
    is there a quick way to cycle to power plants? Every time I try it takes me to the lowest priority stuff first.

D0NK

you can bind next/previous subsystem to a hotkey, needs quite a few clicks in either direction to get to PP, pity you cant hotkey “select PP” (or is there? Anyone?)

son-of-mike
    Free Member

@squirrelking – I pointed out the LCE vs IPP tussle on page 66 😉

son-of-mike
    Free Member

I’ve just noticed there’s also a war between IPP and LCE in Kuwembaa. Is that anything we can use to our advantage? i.e. divide and conquer, so we force the Imperial Enforcement Division to fight on two fronts (if we get re-inforcements to bolster us, that is).
    Posted 4 days ago

I just don’t know enough about the BGS mechanics to see how it’s useful to us.

@D0NK
    – doesn’t look like there’s a “target PP” option but here’s a targeting key binding guide from D2EA, some of the options might be useful in wings;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zxb0p029_Y&t=1591s

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, I was unable to find out much about the other carrier owners but that’s good news if so. I will try and get hold of them. This could be crucial.

molgrips
    Free Member

I got in touch with unsalted_vista, he’s agreed to be online tomorrow night for a big push to win the day. Hopefully he’ll bring his mates. I’m going to friend him in game see if that puts us in the same instance.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t find Vode An as a squadron on Inara but Aunt Zemina’s party van is owned by altus_33 who also is not present on Inara but I messaged him on PSN.

I’m telling everyone to turn up tomorrow night. That ok with you all?

squirrelking
    Free Member

That sounds great, I’ll ship out to Ashby City tonight or tomorrow morning in the AspX so I can pick up my Cytoscramblers and fit them for tomorrow night. I’ll be on after dinner time as mini squirrel has a zoom class and last time I was in a CZ it got a bit laggy.

Sneckers won’t know what hit them.

(unless they are reading this which is entirely likely)

@son-of-mike
    LMAO, observant as always.

v8ninety

o7 Cmdrs! Managed to get on for an afternoon and won a massacre mission by winning a couple of Hi intensity CZs. Not much I know but at least I’ve contributed now.

I wonder if it may be an idea to take discussions of war tactics to a private space. This thread now comes up on google results if you google ‘Akuntsu’ ‘war’ and ‘elite dangerous’. Plus I’ve got som tactical ideas that I’d like to share but they won’t work if the empires henchmen get wind. As such, I’ve created the ‘STW Galaxy’ discord server for NKP war room type discussions. I’ve sent PM invites to the usual suspects on this thread; PM me if I’ve missed you out and I’ll reply with an invite.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you invite me to the discord server? I cannot PM you apparently clicking on your name goes to someone else’s profile.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

I wonder if it may be an idea to take discussions of war tactics to a private space. This thread now comes up on google results if you google ‘Akuntsu’ ‘war’ and ‘elite dangerous’.

Proper lolz. Great, we’ll be on GCHQ’s radar now 🙂

Thanks for setting up a Discord for us D0NK, that’ll be my first foray into that tool.

v8ninety

Thanks for setting up a Discord for us D0NK, that’ll be my first foray into that tool.

Errrr, Oi! 😂😂😂

son-of-mike
    Free Member

@v8ninety – haha, oops, sorry

Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.