Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • v8ninety

Single Track Galaxy Squadron now listed on Inara. Join up folks!

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t see how to…

v8ninety

SIngle Track Galaxy

Should be a ‘join squadron’ button on the linked page somewhere.

v8ninety

At last, new story content! Terrorist attacks, stations burning. Rescue missions into burning stations. News of a two year multi arc storyline plan. It’s all good.

Trampus
    Free Member

If inclined to attend the Imperial BBQ as a rescuer please remember to take passenger cabins and a shit load of heatsinks!

DAMHIKT.

molgrips
    Free Member

I might pop over later in my bus if it’s still going on. Makes a change from CZs.

D0NK

If inclined to attend the Imperial BBQ as a rescuer

Is there a viable option to turn up with a cargo hold full of hydrogen fuel and fire them into the mailslot?

D0NK

Not that I’m bitter about the imperial effort in the war…….

JonBoy
    Free Member

How have i not seen this thread. I’ve been playing this since it came back out on xbox. I’ve been to beagle point with DW2!!!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Haha, join in then, more numbers are better as it means more chance of us creating a faction (if we go that way).

Can you sell your rescued casualties as slaves on the black market? Asking for a friend.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Welcome to the thread, it’s never too late. I only started playing this year, so after the community stuff stopped to a great extent. DW2 looked to be a great event. Have you made it back? How long was the trip?

Matt

Trampus
    Free Member

Single Track Galaxy Squadron now listed on Inara. Join up folks!

Request sent! 🙂

crewlie

Request sent!

Excellent 👍

v8ninety

Request sent! 🙂

Approved; welcome to the Squadron, o7

Cougar

E:D just dropped on Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/super-simulation

Seven quid and nets you a bunch of other games. It’s £20 on its own on Steam.

v8ninety

So the newly formed and increasingly organised Singletrack Galaxy Squadron is kicking arse under the capable direction of ‘Ever Victorious and Iron Willed’ Cmdr @Matt_bl. We’ve managed to show a much larger Imperial player supported faction in our chosen small corner of the Galaxy the door, by kicking them out of their spaceport and taking over control of the star system. Then, despite them coming back at us strongly, we’ve so far been able to resist, then fortify our position, and have strategic tactics to achieve our objectives of increasing our security further. Longer term, we are thinking of starting up an actual player owned faction to make our mark permanently on the Galaxy of E:D. That’s going to be a big undertaking though. All of our squadron comms are now happening on our Discord server, hence why this thread may seem a little quieter. Shout up for an invite link.

This game is possibly the most entertaining and immersive I’ve ever played. Incredible.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Join us.

We have spreadsheets.

molgrips
    Free Member

Also CMDR molgrips of STW has taken up a position as ambassador to Federal Liberal Command, the player group supporting Felicia Winters who is fighting for social democracy against the Empire. A concerted effort by FLC to thwart an Empire faction led by Aisling Duval has consumed much of Duval’s time this week possibly allowing STW to increase influence in the system in which they are working. And because the STW backed faction is Federation aligned and its control over the system is detrimental to the Empire’s interests, the two aims are mutually beneficial.

I agree with Matt – this game is bonkers, I’ve never come across anything like it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

CMDR Perchy just likes to zoom about and shoot lasers at stuff.

Pew pew…. Pew pew…. and, indeed, pew.

v8ninety

Latest teaser trailer for space legs has dropped and it looks INCREDIBLE 😁

Suddenly really excited about this; the level of immersion is going to be immense.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope the public areas and hangouts are generated to match the stations. Like a dingy bar for the industrial or agricultural stations, and gleaming steel and glass for the high tech ones.

v8ninety

<insert Mos Eisley quote here>

Agreed; plenty of scope for properly atmospheric settings 😎

molgrips
    Free Member

Plus I really think it’s going to completely change the atmosphere.

I hope there’s food and drink, like in GTA. Where that game excels is putting stuff in just for the hell of it, because it’s cool.

squirrelking
    Free Member

For anyone who never upgraded to Horizons, it’s free from the 27th. If you were thinking about buying you could be a proper cheapskate and probably get the game for a fiver in your platform sale of choice!

like in GTA

Oh jesus no. There’s immersion and then there’s just annoying. I seriously hope you don’t have to run all over the bloody place like in Destiny either, I’m happy sitting in my ship doing it over video.

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s immersion and then there’s just annoying.

You don’t have to sit on your sofa watching TV, have around of golf, or go to a strip club. But you can. This is the genius part.

Saccades
    Free Member

🛸

Request to join STW1

Will look at discord – I’m not big on talking.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m not big on talking.

As long as you’re big on shootin’

We’re currently in the middle of a war against a vastly superior force.

molgrips
    Free Member

Welcome Commander!

You don’t have to chat, we just waffle on discord cos we’re like that. But if you want to join in either Megalomaniac Matt’s quest for local dominance, or fighting the Imperials and upholding social democratic values across the galaxy in Powerplay (or both!) then discord can be useful read-only.

You don’t need to use voice chat to co-operate in shooting or anything else, I frequently don’t use it because it’s a bit anti-social for the rest of the family.

Saccades
    Free Member

Percy – I’m harmless, it’s the last elite for me to get.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Even Harmless people can fight. We’ll soon have your combat rank up to Mostly Harmless, same as the rest of us.

Just head over to Akuntsu and bring yer shootin’ irons.

Saccades
    Free Member

I have a huge hardpoint ready for action!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oooh matron !

Saccades
    Free Member

Anaconda, python & vulture at Wylie’s Dock.

We running missions for the new labour lads?

perchypanther
    Free Member

We are the New labour lads.

we’re currently at war with the Evil Empire Squad.

There are combat zones all over the systems, two of the Fleet Carriers ( Slumpys adn Bienvenidos ) are ours, one ( Widows Mite)is a guy from another friendly faction who’s helping us out two more ( Aunt Zemina and lukes Father )are kinda accidental allies. All the rest are baddies.

You can run missions, fight in combat zones, whatever.

The Discord is where it’s at for direction though.

Saccades
    Free Member

I’m going out for a play, not used to combat so this could be fun.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Go to a low intensity combat zone. There’s some at planet A11.

Don’t dive straight in. Hang about at the edge of the zone, wait until you see a green fighting a red on your radar. Nip in and get a few shots in on the red guy and you’ll get credit for the kill. Be prepared to jump out if you’re taking a kicking.

Probably better to go the Nav beacon and scan ships. If you see one that’s wanted and you think you can take it, go for it. The cops will help you out. Cash in bounties at Wylie Dock to help the war effort.

Saccades
    Free Member

Piled into the middle, took out a ship battered two others.

I need bigger guns, was battering them for ages and doing bugger all.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The ships in the Combat Zones are better armed and engineered than the run of the mill NPC pirate types.

That’s why I take 2 huge grade 5 engineered multicannons and lots of lasers.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you’re online later we can wing up.

Re weapons, you can try two medium beam lasers then the rest multicannons, preferably engineered or, if you’re in the Anaconda, two large beams and all the rest multis. Un-engineered this will give you enough. You really could do with engineered thrusters on it, but A might work. I did reasonably well with turreted weapons on it before engineering which were handy because of the lack of manoeuvrability. However the huge multicannon is awesome, and that’s only available in fixed.

Then you can get a SLF, that will also help. And lots of shield boosters. It was my more effective ship before I got more engineering on the FdL.

In combat, the right loadout is absolutely crucial. I had a hell of a time until I settled on something that worked. Which was (and is usually) beams for shields and MCs for hulls.

Saccades
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m running that combo, struggling to get a bearing on the enemies (who are all much higher levels).

Got up to mostly harmless.

:Proud:

Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.