Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • Saccades
    Free Member

Oops, only just seen this – you should get an im with the invite.

Once you are in there we can help properly.

Head for velniat but no rush.

pondo

Here, are we aligned with the Federation or the Alliance or anything?

perchypanther
    Free Member

We’re loosely Federation but we don’t judge.

Except molgrips. He hates the Imperials

pondo

Non-judgemental, like it – ta. 🙂

Saccades
    Free Member

We are aligned to money, mainly through the power of Bert.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, I hate imp scum.

Why? Cos it’s fun!

pondo

Anyone had their hyperspace dethrottle stop working? Still tells me it is when I drop out near a star but I start accelerating straight towards it, buzzed a couple of times when mot paying attention. I’ve tried turning it, supercruise autothrottle and the supercruise module itself on and off, even tried a reboot but no joy. On one hand it’s good for speed (one less button press jump, yay!)but it’s a pain for exploring (one more button press per jump, boo 🙁 ). Heading back to the bubble so the speed is welcome but it does mean I’ve more or less stopped exploring, unless something’s flagged as I enter a new system. I’m PS4, if that makes a difference.

pondo

Posting in here appears to have fixed it after a week of flying a lot close to stars than I’d normally like. Great! 🙂

Saccades
    Free Member

It’s an advanced docking computer option (I think, maybe super cruise) – maybe it was frazzled or turned off?

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s in Panel 4, the bit with the ship schematic, there is an option to automatically de-throttle or not.

pondo

I found the option, and I also messed with the supercruise options, but the only thing that changed was whether I got the message that it had engaged when I dropped out of hyperspace – either way, it didn’t engage! Oddly, it stopped working when I popped into Jaques Station and got some repairs, then it randomly started working again a couple of days later! Not to worry, seems fine now. 🙂

pondo

Here, any of you mob ever done the FSD supercharging thing with neutron stars? How do you find the blighters?

willard

Yes, but then wasted it as I was not really jumping far! Search for them in the galaxy map with a filter for that star type, or you can use EDDB, EDSM or other tools to plot your routes.

dyna-ti

It all sounds so technical 😆 I just like shooting cartoon people with my cartoon gun.

Is there any of that. Do you engage in battles or a pvp scenario ?

crewlie

Oh yeah, there’s plenty of shooting, it isn’t all spreadsheets 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Here, any of you mob ever done the FSD supercharging thing with neutron stars? How do you find the blighters?

Yes, use the galaxy map. If you want to plot a route you can have it include neutron stars that you’ll have to scoop to complete the route. DO NOT try it with white dwarfs though. The drop-out limit is much further out than you expect and it’s really hard to scoop the jets without getting to close and dying. And the boost isn’t much so it’s not worth the risk.

Do you engage in battles or a pvp scenario ?

We (as in the STW lot) are engaged in wars almost weekly, and there’s bounty hunting and also assassination missions, they are popular. I’m also in a PvP group that is friendly and quite handy with the plasma and kicks my arse without breaking a sweat.

pondo

Yes, use the galaxy map. If you want to plot a route you can have it include neutron stars that you’ll have to scoop to complete the route. DO NOT try it with white dwarfs though. The drop-out limit is much further out than you expect and it’s really hard to scoop the jets without getting to close and dying. And the boost isn’t much so it’s not worth the risk.

They’re not clearly flagged, are they “non-sequence”? Not sure my galaxy map’s on top form, skipped out to Temple last night without coming across a single one. 🙁

Logged on for a bit at lunch, clearly hadn’t paused when I’d finished last night – hull at 99% and almost all modules in single digits and offline, think I gave myself a crispin’. 🙂 Good job I brought an AFM this time – didn’t have one on my last jaunt, that would have been SERIOUSLY annoying a long way from home….

fooman

Don’t know if it’s come up before but there’s a really interesting podcast about Elite Dangerous on BBC Sounds This Game Changed My Life: Mat: Space Buddies and Fuel Rats some other amazing stories covered in other episodes too.

pondo

Well, that was approximately 50x the story I was expecting – heartfelt thanks for sharing. I shall be heading out via Michael’s Rest next trip. 🙂

tenfoot

I should get back into it really. I’m around 1/3 of the way to Colonia but I’ve been parked up for almost a year now.

It just feels like a rite of passage, much like the trip to Hutton Orbital or unlocking the Sol system, but I’m struggling to get the motivation to complete my journey. (Spoiler – it’s a bit dull 😆)

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s shit yes. I flew using Remote Play on my laptop whilst watching telly, I got my time down to about 53s per jump on average. And when you get there there really is nothing there. It’s no different to the bubble, just worse. Fewer systems and you can’t get stuff. At least at Sag A* there’s something fun to look at.

pondo

Horses for courses, innit – if the mood strikes, bang a podcast or some tunes on and hopping from system to system is quite chill. If I can be arsed, scanning is even chiller – doesn’t work if I’m in a rush, then it’s just like sitting in traffic. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Proper exploring is more fun than just blasting through. There’s all sorts of stuff out there. I want to go out somewhere a really long way with my fleet carrier, mining tritium for self sufficiency, maybe find some new stuff.

Saccades
    Free Member

I should get back into it really. I’m around 1/3 of the way to Colonia but I’ve been parked up for almost a year now.

Want me to pick you up and bring you home?

molgrips
    Free Member

What platform are you on @pondo? You could always pop on for a bit of multi-crew if you want to break the monotony a bit.

tenfoot

At least at Sag A* there’s something fun to look at.

Yes, I was considering going there too. Probably should have done that first.

I do listen to music, and after a few glasses of rum, it’s not so bad, but it just takes so much time. The game has always been a black hole when it comes to time used through playing anyway, I suppose. Easy to rack up 4 or 5 hours playing time without realising.

tenfoot

Want me to pick you up and bring you home?

Presume you have a carrier? I’ll finish my journey at some point, and then it will be the long drag back again …………

pondo

What platform are you on @pondo? You could always pop on for a bit of multi-crew if you want to break the monotony a bit.

I’m PS4, dude – multicrew is deffo in my future, but I got the wanderlust right now. 🙂

Saccades
    Free Member

Presume you have a carrier? I’ll finish my journey at some point, and then it will be the long drag back again …………

A small logistics firm, can pick you up anytime, have to pre-book or we’re not insured though.

You know you can play multicrew anywhere and anytime in the galaxy?

willard

Odessey made exploring both better and worse. There’s a lot more to do and see on planets and you get more of a feeling of being alone, but they took VR away, well, kinda.

I keep promising myself a longer trip out. I think he last one I did was only a couple of weeks where Molgrios and I went looking for mining site.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m currently farting about with Guardian ruins which is less fun than I thought it would be.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Is there a singletrack squadron ?
    on xbox and would like to join if it’s still going

molgrips
    Free Member

There is, although I am not sure there are any X-boxers left?

We work together cross-platform though via the discord, I’ll DM you the link.

tenfoot

I play on Xbox but I’m too tight to pay for XBox Live, or whatever it’s called.

crewlie

I still have my xbox account, and still use it from time to time for fund raising or BGS. Without Perchy the cow missions have been less rewarding, but I can share whatever comes up if you fancy some free cash.

pondo

* Waves from Xibalba *

Does anyone know where Michael’s Rest is? I’d like to go say hello.

pondo

* Waves from Michael’s Rest * 🙂

crewlie

@pondo How’s it looking out there? You coming back to the bubble any time soon?

pondo

Very peaceful, very quiet, very dark…. 🙂 Gonna mosey on back in – it’s 20kly direct but you have to dog-leg as there are gaps too big to jump across, so it’ll be quite a bit further to travel, it’ll be awhile! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey. What the hell are you doing out there? Jump, scoop, jump, scoop, jump, scoop x 1000000

If anyone else is reading this and was put off playing on PC by the cost of said PC, it is available on GeForce Now and apparently runs very well. I think I will join the PC gang this way.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.