Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • son-of-mike
    Free Member

My nerves are down to 3% after my first experience in High CZ with D0NK. Good fun though. I’ve no idea why I have PA’s on my Python, nothing stays in sight long enough to hit it. MC’s are very satisfying though. 🙂

D0NK

OK now this is an issue, I cant land at my own sodding fleet carrier coz the IPP cops are hanging around it, nearly blasted my little hauler out of the sky as I came in to land, had to skoot over to Kuwembaa and hole up at gagnan, Slumpy’s is moving to kuwembaa for now.

matt_bl
    Free Member

@D0NK have you got some notoriety from somewhere? I got chased out of Wylie Dock after my, ahem, negotiations with the IPP security.

I landed on the carrier by quickly getting as close to the pads as possible so I was between the carrier and IPP.

It may be a blessing that the Legion turned up on the Third day, it may not have given them long enough to work out how much work they need(ed) to do! Here’s hoping for a +ve outcome at midday. I am at the office today, so can’t log on to check.

Matt

D0NK

just all the rep decreases from CZ wins I think. Station was orange, I landed, handed in my combat bonds and thats when it turned red and I got a load of NPC message from IPP security ships in the area. Went to the legal contact, no fines or bounties, so I logged out and as I said next time I logged in I was on the prison ship.
    I’d probably be able to land on carrier in a well shielded ship, but my hopper Hauler isnt.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought I was unfriendly with IPP but I can still dock.

I didn’t realise Donk was Slumpy – I wondered why I kept seeing the carrier!

matt_bl
    Free Member

Come on, you’re killing me here! Can’t anyone tell me if we’ve won the war. I’ve got a 2 hour webinar in 20 minutes, please, help!

Matt

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Can’t get logged in till later either 🙁

D0NK

updates…….

D0NK

sorry boys, NKL war status is back to “victory” and blue bar 2/3s full 🙁

is there a way to find out how much they won by? Are we now going to choose a day when the majority of us can get time in game, and concentrate on farming those bounties?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks!

I have no time at all tonight, so for me it’s Wednesday or Thursday. If we lose, I am going to annoy the hell out of them until they leave us alone.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

Change the name of your Fleet carrier to “Bugger off and leave us alone”

squirrelking
    Free Member

Wednesday or Thursday evening for me too, preference on Wednesday as I’d rather not leave it to the last kick.

D0NK

I’d rather not leave it to the last kick

Id counter with “lull them into a false sense of security, then batter them on the last day.” Its a no from me tonight aswell, weds or thurs probably about equal for chances to put time into the game.

Did someone mention another squadron/group we could ask for help?

Only briefly saw 2 pilots on PC yesterday, did xbox/ps4 see anyone? They could just be playing in solo of course.

if we lose do IPP take over tennyson?

Any other systems look good for expanding into? Coribes stations are too far out, is velniat controlled by syndicate? anywhere else catch your eye?

molgrips
    Free Member

I haven’t seen a soul on PS4. I guess this means the PS4 crew can fight unhindered.

if we lose do IPP take over tennyson?

Yes AFAIK. Don’t get too disheartened, it’s only one loss we are still two sets up.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yes, ironically it would actually be the perfect scenario for IPP. We stole the station from ARP and gift it to them.

The guys who I have stalked on Inara are PC players. Doesn’t mean to say you are bound to meet them, at least one is a septic.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d suggest trying to appeal to their better nature but, having read some of their Imperial propaganda, I expect that you’d just get all the “Bask in her glory!” bollocks and told to do one.

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s a game, this is the universe we inhabit. Remember we are the insurgents! Also bear in mind we’re (D0nk and I) a couple of Delaney following pirate scumbags, better nature is a somewhat foreign concept at this stage.

I’d rather do tomorrow as it gives us breathing space if we don’t swing it but can do either night. Last ditch with added scramblers on Thursday, unless they show up in hull tanks we can make life very difficult.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Remember we are the insurgents!

Not me.

I’m an Imperial Duke don’tcha know.

That makes me at best a turncoat, at worst a traitor.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yes but you’re in good company and in any case doesn’t stop you being a part of the insurgency. I like to think of you as our Kasan Moor.

perchypanther
    Free Member

More like Eaglesham Moor

v8ninety

Bit of advice I have been given re combat bonds; transactions are weighted more highly than absolute value, so turn in bonds frequently rather than saving them up. Apparently around a mill at a time has been found to be optimal.

Gutted I can’t help out; can’t get near the console until next week sometime.

crewlie

Gutted I can’t help out; can’t get near the console until next week sometime.

Likewise, don’t like being a spectator!

molgrips
    Free Member

I may not have turned all mine in yesterday….

molgrips
    Free Member

Wait… If it’s combat bonds that swing it, then there’s no point in taking out the capital ships is there?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well if it isn’t necessary for winning the battle then no but otherwise light it up.

Also keep taking those massacre missions! Plenty of good materials up for grabs even at Harmless level and they all count.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Just catching up. Barstewards! Yes, I read their blurb on Inara, I don’t see them backing down. I’d suggested someone asking The Syndicate if they want to step in to help – but they’ve got their fingers in pies in other local systems so they may be tempted to take Akuntsu at a later date. Or was someone chatting with a squadron of dads or allround decent chaps a while back? If so, asking for help sooner rather than later might allow other gamers time to get online.

I probably can’t join in until late tomorrow. Thursday evening looking possible.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well there are now three fleet carriers in the system from Lavingy’s Legion who look pretty big, well organised, and they have a very flash video. And they are pledged to defend the empire at all costs. We are completely in over our heads here lads.

However the other two carriers are from a squadron called Vode An and I can’t find them on Inara, however the owner of one of them has pledged to Li Yong-Rui so might be anti-empire enough to chip in.

I pinged the guy I met on CQC asking for help but he hasn’t responded. I don’t know where else to turn.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d suggested someone asking The Syndicate if they want to step in to help – but they’ve got their fingers in pies in other local systems so they may be tempted to take Akuntsu at a later date.

How do we contact them? I’ll take any help at the moment.

squirrelking
    Free Member

You sure they’re called Vode An? As you say nothing anywhere and Inara doesn’t even have their carriers registered in system.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

CMDR Certacito seems to be the squadron commander for The Syndicate, PC player, UK timezone – but not very active since 2018. You can send private messages via Inara, apparently. They have a roster of other pilots. I’ll scan down the list for a player that’s been more active recently and I’ll drop him/her a quick note but I’ll struggle to be online for anything other than work tomorrow.

I’ll just say something like, you guys seem to like making money, fancy a rumble with some Imperial types for a laugh, we just need 1 day of Win in Akuntsu against IPP.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

So, I PM’d CMDRs Awhitebuff and Sloan Kettering from The Syndicate. Message text;

o7 CMDRs,

New Kuwembaa Labour (Federation) are at war with Imset Patron’s Principles (Imperial) in Akuntsu system. This system borders some systems influenced by The Syndicate. We have won 3 days out of 4 and just need one final day to push us to overall victory but the Empire have called in reinforcements. Our loose coalition of CMDRs are calling on any Syndicate CMDRs to join the fight and push back the Imperial dogs. You both seem to have been active on Elite:Dangerous in recent months and were wondering if you could spread the word within The Syndicate or any other anti-Imperial squadrons you belong to. We have two days left to win it. Bounties and massacre missions paying well with capital ships and Spec Ops targets as an added bonus.

Join the fight and win the war!

CMDR Eisler

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, I made ‘hostile’ with IPP, and I was still able to dock. So went in and did another CZ and then when I tried to dock again they killed me. Very quickly. If they put as much effort into their CZs as they do in harassing people they don’t like they’d win in no time.

I’ve lost all my bonds from the last two engagements and to top it all I can’t hand in my massacre missions!

matt_bl
    Free Member

@molgrips the net result could well be that by the end of this conflict, none of us can even dock in the entire Akuntsu system.

As a group we should pick an IPP system, where our +ve effects would be least felt, that we use for getting rep back, so that we can continue to operate in Akuntsu.

Of course, your ‘no work for the empire’ policy means you’re knackered.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

I can still hand in combat bonds at Tennyson d’Eyncourt, but not in my Anaconda. I cannot restock ammo there though and I can’t synthesise any more as I’ve run out of iron!

I’m wondering if we really did bite off more than we can collectively chew here and maybe we should either organise with someone else next time or pledge to a power and use powerplay to get allies. Winters is getting a kicking currently and that’s a shame cos I like her politics.

Re Lavigny’s legion, in theory if we had enough muscle on the right platform we could harass them so much that they couldn’t work for their bonds effectively. It’d be an interesting way to affect the outcome but beyond our current capabilities I think!

son-of-mike
    Free Member

What about Williams Enterprise? That’s an NKL planetary base. You can hand in bonds and restock/refuel there. Has a large pad too.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Re Lavigny’s legion, in theory if we had enough muscle on the right platform we could harass them so much that they couldn’t work for their bonds effectively.

4th largest squadron on Inara and 3 of their senior guys have showed up.
    They seem to be rabid, foaming at the mouth, mostly American, role-players who take this way more seriously than our bunch of time-poor middle aged part timers can deal with.

I’ll keep plugging away but realistically, I don’t like our chances.

Velniat, however, is ripe for the taking…..

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yeah 3 guys who think they have it in the bag. I can fly all night if I have to.

Please don’t make me fly all night.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah I didn’t spot Williams Enterprise, I rarely go to planetary outposts as it’s a faff. But it’s handy in this case.

Anyone know a good way I can get 50-100 iron so I can synth ammo quickly? Gets me more time on the trigger.

I’ll keep plugging away but realistically, I don’t like our chances.

Me neither. But it’s fascinating to be staring actual proper defeat in the face, it’s not a feeling we’re used to in video games! Is there any way we can use the time difference to our advantage? I don’t think so, as each day is probably a full 24 hour period.

Does it make more sense to farm bonds in low-intensity CZs where you can get more kills more quickly?

Yeah 3 guys who think they have it in the bag. I can fly all night if I have to.

Please don’t make me fly all night.

Please don’t tempt me into flying all night!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone know what this means?

When approaching an area with the war or civil war status, it is not uncommon for multiple Conflict Zones to appear. When more than one of this type of zone appears, it is likely that a major fleet battle is taking place. The victor of the battle will be the one who controls the station near, or on the planet.

Can you swap control of a station during the conflict?

Also – I can open my ship up for multi-crew, right? So I could have one NPC and a second fighter with a multi-crew pilot, if someone accepts, for more firewpower – no?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Anyone know a good way I can get 50-100 iron.

Materials trader and trade down from something higher up in the group. Pice of piss if you’ve been crystal shard farming the previous week.

Does it make more sense to farm bonds in low-intensity CZs where you can get more kills more quickly?

Based on stuff i’ve been reading on the BGS bit of frontier forum then, as far as they can tell, it’s sorta weighted thusly….

Hand in bonds / Massacre missions – 1 point – ish ( variable on value)
    Win low CZ – 2 points
    Win Medium – 3 points
    Win high – 4 points

Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.