Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Over 45s can book a jab online from today. Website was a bit flaky but it remembers when you are if you get a bad gateway and hit refresh so not terrible.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Had mine a week ago today. AZ. 41yrs old.

First thing in the morning, felt a bit ropey by the end of the day, my other half came home that evening after being out for a ride & she found me wrapped up in the duvet on the sofa, in a puffer jacket & duvet, asleep, but shivering & sweating through everything.

Barely slept all night, felt like I had been run over for 2 days, in fact barely even moved for 48 hours, felt wiped out pretty much until the weekend.

Feel fine now, just waiting Skynet to activate my chip.

DickBarton

Had my AZ jab about 13:00, felt fine until around 22:00 then started to really shiver – wasn’t cold but if I’m feeling really tired and sick, I start shivering uncontrollable – almost like adrenalin coursing through my body.
    Anyone that went on the whole night and I didn’t sleep, felt really tired next day and ended up having a 2 hour sleep in the afternoon, didn’t manage to eat much but then had 10 hours sleep that night and felt brilliant the next day.
    I think that was about 6 weeks ago so I’m guessing in about another week I’ll get notified of when my next jab will be. Hopefully the second jab won’t have such a reaction – turns out as I get to mid-40s I really enjoy sleep and hate a disturbed night.

fazzini

Had AZ first jab on Sunday about 6pm. Was fine that evening; bit of a headache Monday morning; yesterday afternoon & evening felt rubbish – achy, tired, headache still, and my arm was very sore; this morning I’m all ticketyboo again.

tartanscarf

AZ yesterday morning. Few odd dreams last night and a headache this morning. Feeling slightly weary today but that’s it so far. Fingers crossed.

trailmonkey

Had mine about three weeks ago and have felt robbed of energy ever since.
    Could be purely coincidental of course

NS
    Free Member

Had mine about three weeks ago and have felt robbed of energy ever since.
    Could be purely coincidental of course

Had my AZ jab nearly 4 weeks ago & have not felt good ever since.
    Had all the commonly reported side effects / covid type symptoms for about 4 days – but some have carried on.
    Extreme tiredness all the time – I never usually get to bed before midnight, but for the last few weeks I have been in bed at 9pm most nights & still wake up feeling like i’ve not slept for a week!
    Physically I get worse after exercise – I have been out on my bike a few times & played football & i’m not too bad when actually exercising, probably feel better for it. But a day or 2 later I get a lot worse, with extreme exhaustion, headaches, brain fog, light headedness etc. – seems my body can’t recover from excercise very easily.

dantsw13

There do seem to be linkage to Covid with the symptoms. The clotting is also a big issue with Covid – far worse than with the jab though.

somafunk

My mums friend was back in hospital today for blood tests, platelet count is still dropping/not stable so more platelets and plasma pumped in and the consultant has now put her on apixaban to lessen the chance of blood clots as she’s still suffering from hellish headaches and joint pain. She’s not happy bout taking the apixaban but recognises the danger of clots on the brain vs possible side effects. Consultant is still very concerned about her health so will continue twice weekly testing of her bloods for the foreseeable future.

She managed a 1mile walk at the weekend with my mum which cheered her up but they’ll not be attempting the WHW this year, hopefully next year if her platelets stabilise.

brads
    Free Member

Had the Pfizer this morning.
    Never waited around after it but had a numb face driving home.
    Left with a sore point on my arm and a bitter taste in my mouth, other than that nowt.

Caher

Well right now I’m in A&E with a Drip on my arm whilst they investigate my headaches and high blood pressure.
    Had the AZ 3 weeks ago.

Vortexracing

Had my AZ jab nearly 4 weeks ago & have not felt good ever since.
    Had all the commonly reported side effects / covid type symptoms for about 4 days – but some have carried on.
    Extreme tiredness all the time – I never usually get to bed before midnight, but for the last few weeks I have been in bed at 9pm most nights & still wake up feeling like i’ve not slept for a week!
    Physically I get worse after exercise – I have been out on my bike a few times & played football & i’m not too bad when actually exercising, probably feel better for it. But a day or 2 later I get a lot worse, with extreme exhaustion, headaches, brain fog, light headedness etc. – seems my body can’t recover from exercise very easily.

I very much the same, I seem tired all the time, I can ride OK as long as I don’t push to hard and after a ride or exercise I buggered 🙁

Feel as though I’m coming down with a cold all the time.

I had the jab 4 weeks ago and have been like this ever since 🙁

vickypea
    Free Member

I had the AZ one almost 5 weeks ago. Just had a slightly stingy arm and felt a bit shivery for a couple of hours. That was it. Don’t know if that suggests I have the immune system of an 85-year-old?!

marcg868
    Free Member

Second Pfizer due on Sunday so we shall see. First vaccine as per previous post nothing but a sore arm.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

You know it’s quite normal to feel a bit run down after having a jab? Quite normal. Sore arm. Standard.

I’m booked in for a Pfizer jab next Monday (despite no cases or very very few in Oz right now).

I’d always been hesitant about the AZ but it seemed that was all we were getting. Now it seems that anyone under 50 won’t get the AZ and we are desperately trying to order more Pfizer. Our roadmap is WAY off and we are not hitting the proposed targets for getting people jabbed.

Looks like international travel is completely buggered. This is annoying as 2022 I was taking 6 months long service and hiring a camper van, and taking the kids round Europe before my oldest goes to High School.

reeksy

I’m early 40s in Oz and had an AZ jab last week (a few days before they stopped giving it to under 50s so i’ll be eligible for a second one too).

My only noted side effect seems to have been to get three Strava PRs including a 2nd overall on my commute.

Plenty of colleagues complaining though. Days off, flu symptoms etc.

mtbqwerty

Had my AZ jab yesterday lunchtime…31 year old.

Felt fine during the day but absolutely awful night, feverish, headaches, the usual…will see what today brings, hopefully it doesn’t last for weeks!

njd187
    Free Member

Had my 1st AZ on 1st of April felt fine for first couple of days “Other half felt bad same night for a couple of days” I felt rough around 48h after just for a few hours. had a dull headache “very rare I get any headaches other than self inflicted ones” and lack of energy ever since. Seems to be getting better now after having a few days off bike.

mrmo
    Free Member

Had first jab at 1pm yesterday, currently feel a little achy and groggy. Just see how it goes.

singlespeedstu

After almost 48 hours I seem to be getting back to normal again.
    Still a bit tender on my arm but headaches and aches have mostly gone now.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll find out tonight/tomorrow, booked for mine this PM.

Slightly surprised they had a next-day gap when I went on the site yesterday.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Mrs notsospeedy and myself had our first jabs. I’m in the 45 plus group saw on net my group was taking bookings. Logged on Tuesday got appointment for Wednesday 8.15am!
    No ill effects other than a sore upper arm

mrchrispy

AZ 10 days ago, that night I was freezing cold but also sweating like a fat lass in a disco, crazy night ‘sleep’. Next day felt like i’d been bit by a car which wasn’t pleasant as the week before i was actually hit by a car!!!
    So because of that I’m not entirely sure what my symptoms have been….car or covid.

mudmuncher

Moderna yesterday AM. Sore arm, slightly nauseous, didn’t sleep that well.

Harry_the_Spider

4 weeks on and my arm is still aching.

Got my second one booked in now for June and Mrs Spider is having her first this Friday.

So me, t’ missus and both sets of GPs have some sort of protection. This makes me feel much happier.

northshoreniall

2nd AZ this morning, now waiting see if hits me. Doing the, ooh is that twinge the jab or normal thing game.
    Any update @caher I’ve been refreshing this thread regularly, hope all went well in hospital for you.

onehundredthidiot

Sitting in the sunshine in the garden, knew reading the last few pages of this thread would be a mistake as I’m about to take the walk down to the town hall for jag number 1.

1525 we’ll see how it goes, hopefully well as I’m out for a pedal this evening.

dashed
    Free Member

AZ last Friday. Felt fine during the day then sleep that night was disrupted by a toddler I had an 0415 start on Saturday morning(was going to can it if I felt crap). Bit of a headache and felt lethargic but that was as likely to be the lack of sleep as jab.

Arm still sore but not stopping me doing anything.

onehundredthidiot

Pfizer and bloody hell sorest Jag I’ve had. She was taking no prisoners. Maybe it’s because I wasn’t up for the small chat, I’d already heard it through the curtain from her previous customer.

joeegg
    Free Member

Just over 3 weeks ago I had the first jab. Felt fine until about a week ago. Very slight constant headache/neckache and feel as if I have a head cold.No problems out on hardish road rides but I do feel more tired at night and go to bed earlier.

lowey

I had the Pizer one about 6 weeks ago. 51 but with underlying health issues. No side effect other than sore arms for a day. My 21 year old Daughter, who has had covid, had the AZ one 3 weeks ago and had an utterly awful 4 days following. Felt like she had been kicked repeatedly in the kidneys. Said it was far worse than covid, but she is young.

bails

Someone a similar age at work had the same experience. Had COVID and then had the jab several months later and spent the weekend in bed. No side effects from the second dose though.

mudmuncher

Moderna yesterday AM. Sore arm, slightly nauseous, didn’t sleep that well.

Strange, bit of an update….suddenly started shivering uncontrollably about 10 minutes ago. Now running a temp. I did read the side effects were worse with Moderna va. Pfizer.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Second complete day after first OxAZ jab…

Woke earlier than hoped at 0530 but couldn’t get back to sleep, otherwise felt a bit better than Tuesday until around lunchtime.

Then the joint/muscle aches came back along with general fatigue, so relaxed in bed most of afternoon, got up to make us both dinner but been back in bed feeling exhausted since ~2000.

Reminds me of having Covid ~13 months ago, feeling like I was getting better to then have multiple relapses.

CountZero

My mums friend was back in hospital today for blood tests, platelet count is still dropping/not stable so more platelets and plasma pumped in and the consultant has now put her on apixaban to lessen the chance of blood clots as she’s still suffering from hellish headaches and joint pain. She’s not happy bout taking the apixaban but recognises the danger of clots on the brain vs possible side effects. Consultant is still very concerned about her health so will continue twice weekly testing of her bloods for the foreseeable future.

I only wish this had been common knowledge four-five weeks ago, because then my g/f might have been encouraged to get checked out, and been treated. Instead I’m attending her funeral next week. She was 55. 😢
    Myself, I had my jab a month and a half ago, and never suffered any noticeable side effects, other than a slightly uncomfortable arm – it was a lot worse after my flu jab earlier this year.

theotherjonv

further update. My wife had AZ on Monday. Now has a slightly sore arm, and and even lower opinion of my tendency to overegg very mild illness or disease.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC is 24 hours on from second jab and nothing worse than a sore arm so far, better than first time.

Murray

So sorry CountZero, that’s terrible.

Things have moved on quickly and there’s now a test and treatment according to this article.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s awful CountZero, really sorry to hear that.

Had my first AZ jab yesterday 5pm – got feverish during the night and slept poorly – feel a bit spaced-out today.

Dog walk after lunch to see how I am physically.

onehundredthidiot

Almost 24hrs on from first Pfizer.

Went for a toughish ride and had a couple of beers.
    Feel fine apart from Jag area feels like I’ve clipped a tree hard.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.