Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • BadlyWiredDog

Following on from my grumbly, long hauler reaction to the jab a couple of weeks back – for info, a fair number of long haulers get a protracted reaction for a couple of weeks presumably because the immune system is doing some sort of manic wtf is going on dance in the background – Mrs BWD got jabbed on Monday morning with AZ.

She had a rough Monday night with shivers and cramps, then spent yesterday mostly horizontal as standing up made her nauseous. She also suffered the undocumented side-effect of extreme grumpiness.

This morning she’s mostly back to normal, just feeling a bit ‘fragile’. We both had probable covid-19 back in March last year, but she had very mild symptoms and a mostly normal recovery bar the mysterious appearance of a single covid toe some six months later.

TiRed

This morning she’s mostly back to normal

How is the grumpydex reading today? My reaction has also been a little protracted, but back walking now. Cost me three days on the 99-day challenge 🙁

lunge

Had mine yesterday and don’t feel too bad today. Best way I can describe it is a red wine hangover, feel a bit dehydrated, legs ache a bit, mild headache, but nothing that’ll cause any issues and can’t be cured with bacon, coffee and paracetamol.

welshfarmer

My experiences based on AZ jab late last Friday afternoon, it now being Wednesday morning.

1. The jab site still has light background “pain”. It has got no worse or better over the time. Just aware of it constantly.
    2. Sleep patterns have not had the slightest affect. I have slept deep and well every night, as I always do.
    3. I started to feel a bit lethargic on the Saturday morning, by afternoon physical effort was tough. I almost failed to load a sheep into our small trailer and had to hang on the side panting like a fish out of water following the 10 second struggle. This is not normal.
    4. Late Saturday into Sunday felt decidedly under par. Not ill, just like you might if you had “a flu coming on”
    5. On Sunday when I woke up from an afternoon snooze both my elbows and knees were sore. The feeling lasted less than half an hour.
    6 Monday, still a bit tired but that might just be the late nights in the lambing shed
    7. Tuesday. Did the STW Zwift Spring Series race and expected to be miles off the pace. However, HR and power were bang on trend and I was holding my own with the usual 3-4 riders I have been racing all series. This would suggest there are now no lasting physical affects for me.

For info, I have had the flu jab twice and on both occasions I felt more rough afterwards than I have with this one.

Sandwich

Well, 14 year old daughter had her normal jabs at school today, one in each arm, and BOTH arms are really sore apparently.

Will she be able to play the violin again? (As the very old joke goes).

MoreCashThanDash

Will she be able to play the violin again?

🤣

She’d be offended by that, she’s a flute player.

BadlyWiredDog

How is the grumpydex reading today? My reaction has also been a little protracted, but back walking now. Cost me three days on the 99-day challenge 🙁

There was mild glaring this morning, but official levels have dropped from ‘Red’ to ‘Amber’ stay away, wear a helmet, protect yourself. And I’m finally feeling a little more normal again just over two weeks after the vaccination. Just back from a gentle 30-minute stroll in the sunshine 🙂

nickc

She had a rough Monday night with shivers and cramps

This also reported by my missus after the AZ on Monday night. Anecdotally we’re seeing pats on AZ reporting bad side effects after 1st jab, but less bad after 2nd dose. and the reverse true of those taken Pfizer.

Pyro

Had my second Pfizer jab about 8:30 this morning. I’ve got a slightly stiff/sore arm coming on, if it’s in line with what I had after the fist jab, it’ll be about 24hrs of that and not much else.

bails

She had a rough Monday night with shivers and cramps

I woke up shivering in the night after my first AZ jab, nothing after the second one other than a slightly sore arm.

Sandwich

She’d be offended by that, she’s a flute player.

A relief for the MCTD household as learner violins sound like the cat is being gutted for a restringing of the instrument.

scc999

AZ jab yesterday afternoon.
    Arm is very slightly sore today, feel a little achy. On a scale of 1 – 10 of side effects I’d mark that as sod all really.
    Will see what the next week brings but so far, so good.

MoreCashThanDash

A relief for the MCTD household as learner violins sound like the cat is being gutted for a restringing of the instrument.

Sat through enough beginner concerts to know how bad strings are. I hate any strings groups below Grade 5 and have the utmost respect and sympathy for the parents that have to smile and clap encouragement. 🙉

BadlyWiredDog

The missus still has mild nausea today, Friday, after being vaccinated on Monday, she’s a little less grumpy than she was though. We both had suspected covid last March and she’s had the odd weird, ongoing symptom since, so that may explain the slightly more vigorous than average reaction I guess.

dyna-ti

Countdown is nearly up, and I take the long walk tomorrow 😕
    Given some of the replies here I’m really not looking forward to this, in that the side effects might be kill or cure.
    Too much talk of serious side effects, and while I guess it should be ok, theres still a nagging doubt.

Sure, better than to catch the actual virus itself, but that said I’ve survived thus far.

rOcKeTdOg

Too much talk of serious side effects, and while I guess it should be ok, theres still a nagging doubt.

Talk yes but reading this thread and my own experience it’s just that, all talk, the majority seem to have had mild to non existent side effects. Now get in there and get it done!

MoreCashThanDash

I’m reading very, very little talk of any serious side effects on this thread.

phinbob

50. Had COVID in January – moderate symptoms (like a mild flu)

No adverse reactions (other than a hurty arm) after the first or second Pfizer-BioNTECH jabs (approx 36 hours after the second jab at the time of writing).

martinhutch

It’s normal to worry about such things, but the NHS has dished out 17 million of these now and in comparison, very, very few serious side-effects have been reported.

The dangers posed by the virus far outweigh those from the vaccine, particularly in those middle-aged or above.

Houns

Had my second Pfizer jab on Wednesday. No fever this time, have a sore arm around injection site still and this time a sore armpit (assume this is just swollen gland). Feeling quite lethargic, had a go on Zwift yesterday and legs felt completely empty.

jonnyrockymountain

AZ here (50 yrs) had it 2 1/2 week ago, and felt rough ever since, although last few days starting to feel better, basically 2 week off work with flu

joeegg
    Free Member

A friend of mine is a Professor of Communicable diseases of many years standing.
    He volunteered in vaccine trials for a US drug company and was given 2 doses of the the experimental vaccine then had his first jab of the AZ.He’s continuing to have blood tests to see the effects of the two vaccines.
    He had no reaction to the experimental vaccine,actually thinking he’d been given a placebo,but a mild reaction to the AZ.
    He was happy to have a reaction as he believed that it showed the vaccine was actually effective.

lovewookie

I spoke way too soon with mine. Felt great a few days after, then just continued to feel drained for about 2 weeks.
    Went out for rides, but knackered after less than 2 hours, feeling sluggish all the way. Some minor sharp needle pain in my legs and at the start of rides in my chest, which was slightly concerning, but not enough to have me phone the docs. Seemed to pass as the ride went on.
    Suffered from really bad sinus pain and associated headache, blurry vision out of one eye which lasted a couple of days.
    Seems to be passing now, was out Thursday evening for a couple of hours and didn’t feel like I was dying.

I had my first Pfizer yesterday. Some pain around the injection site. Poor night’s sleep, general aches in the neck and shoulders. Feeling tired. No fever or cold symptoms. Mrs. 10 had it at the same time and is reporting similar but less achy.

dantsw13

I must have vaccinated close to 500 people now, 75% second jabs.

We ask every patient how they reacted to the first jab. 90% absolutely fine. The rest just a day feeling rough. So far nobody worse than that. Whilst most elderly, there are plenty of HC/SC workers and young clinically vulnerable too.

The pharmacy I’ve been vaccinating with the last few days gives AZ. Out of 300 a day, we get 1 or 2 ask which vaccine it is and leave. No Show levels haven’t changed. We discuss the clotting issues with every patient. Some are anxious, but many/most are non-plussed.

I hope that insight is useful.

singletrackmind

I do wonder if the after effects are linked to age and the mortality rate , in an inversly proportional way. Old people die from exposure to actual live C19 but seem ok with little or no reaction to the Vaccine. Middle age people , greater survivability but some reaction to vaccine.
    Be interestin to hear how the 30 – 40 yr olds, whose mortality rate was low to very low from the actual virus fare when injected with the vaccine.

Great work Dantsw. Bet you go home with some sense of acheivement, having watched the C4 news from India and Brazil tonight , my god they are in trouble

dantsw13

Thanks stm – indeed I do👍.

There is definitely a reduction in side effects in elderly people.
    ZOE study talked about this in a webinar. They were surprised to find that reduction in side effects didn’t correlate to reduction in antibody generation though. Which is good news.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Just had my second jab, woke at 2am due to the banging headache and chills like the first time. I’ve spent 2-5am under 2 duvets and still not warm. My vaccination was given at 4pm.
    So far the only thing that I’ve missed is the uncontrollable shaking that I had with the first one.

Overall I feel absolutely awful with even my eyeballs hurting. I just hope it doesn’t last 3 days like the first one.

Astra Zeneca, I won’t be having you again if I can have a choice.

Houns

Just to update mine, I suffer with brain fog anyway, but since the jab it has gotten worse, I’m meant to be doing a load of uni work this weekend but I just can’t concentrate at all, it’s like my brain is swimming through treacle.

dyna-ti

My ‘side effects’ were
    Sore arm for about two days, though nothing really sore, and only when I noticed it.
    I did start to experience a headache by about day 3, but took an aspirin and that maybe cleared it(or it went by itself within a few hours) up. Headache was minor, more a niggling annoyance than a full blown migraine, though if it had been I probably would have sought medical consultation.

zigzag69
    Free Member

51, AZ vaccine on Friday 5.30pm.

Bit of brain fog and head-ache on Saturday and Sunday afternoon – would describe it as feeling like I was getting the cold. A couple of paracetamols, and snooze on the couch for 30 minutes took care of it. Also aware of where the injection is on my arm, but only if I think about it.

Feeling pretty good today, no brain fog at all and I’ll pop out on the road bike later and see how that goes.

stevie750

AZ Saturday morning
    felt like a bad hangover yesterday
    and a mild hangover this morning

Clover

I need a nap. 24hrs post Pfizer number 2.
    I may just be lazy though. My arm is quite sore.

scc999

Further to my aching arm and feeling a bit rough the following day – I can happily report that those side effects were it for me. Other half had the jab a few day later and had pretty much the same experience as me. Happy days.

Philby

Had my 2nd Pfizer jab on Saturday afternoon. Had a slightly sore arm on Sunday but gone by today. Soreness lasted 2 days after my first jab.

I was supposed to be having the jab at the hospital where I had the first jab on Sunday but about 4.30pm on Saturday received a text saying there were a large number of ‘did not attends’ at the main vaccination centre at Bristol City football club and would I be able to get there in the next couple of hours. Talking to one of the volunteers there, she said they had had to stand down some of the vaccinators due to the no shows. I can’t understand why people aren’t turning up for their appointment after the year we’ve all had to endure? I would hazard a guess that these are the same selfish people who complain about having their freedom curtailed, won’t wear masks, and meet up with large numbers of people despite the lockdown rules 😠

Edukator
    Free Member

AZ on Friday. A bit more tired than usual after 4h MTB on Saturday, otherwise nothing. Fingers crossed there’s no reason to come back to the thread.

singlespeedstu

AZ jab yesterday at 11.30
    Felt fine all day but a little tired.
    Went to bed at 10 fine.
    Woke up at 1.00 feeling sick, cold and sweaty. Also my arm had started to hurt
    Woke up again several times with arm ache and head ache.
    Got up this morning with general ache all over and what felt like a hangover
    Just had coffee, toast and paracetamol and feeling a bit better
    Don’t think I’ll be doing the ride I had planned for today but overall not too bad so far.
    I’ll be 53 at the end of the month.

Yak

Az jab last week. From the following morning i had 36hrs of body aches, headache, nausea and fatigue. Standard mild stuff it seems. Not too bad really but I wouldn’t plan a ride for a couple of days after.

dropoff

Had my AZ jab 3 weeks ago and have felt under the weather since. My psoriasis has Gone nuts and bizarrely the creams I normally use can’t control it. Also joints feel much more painful than usual.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

OxAZ at 1530 yesterday, fine doing the short cycle there and back, weather was so much better than normal I wanted to do a gentle ride outdoors afterwards but played it safe and just did 30mins z1 on Zwift. Things started to go downhill with how I felt after dinner…

Aching head, muscles, joints. Feeling more groggy/hungover than my normal SAD “brain fog.” Major fatigue from ~2000. Awful night’s sleep despite feeling knackered, uncomfortably warm. Phoned in sick at ~0500, had my best sleep of night just after until binmen lorry woke me just before 0800.

Typically it’s a beautifully sunny morning, something that has been so rare since November on my rotaed days off work, which I can’t/shouldn’t be making use of today.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.