Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • roach

Had AZ yesterday evening 18.10, slightly disturbed sleep and feeling a bit spaced out and dizzyish today. Sore arm too as expected.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Still feeling shattered and achy today, but today really aware of “heavy arms” when I lift anything and “heavy legs” when I slowly shuffle from one room to another. Once again no sensible thoughts of a turbo or outdoor ride of any intensity, done nothing since Monday afternoon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Felt a bit fatigued and light-headed after (and during) dog walk.

Will avoid operating heavy machinery or riding bikes for now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pedlad

Moderna 24 hrs ago. Didn’t feel the jab, slept like a baby and just a sore arm today…..I’m sure this smugness means I’ll get bashed around by the second dose in June.

bliking
    Free Member

I had AZ last Friday which resulted in a bit of a disrupted sleep Friday night and I could see from my watch my resting heart rate over the 24 hours after the vaccine was bit higher than usual.

I still felt ok for a few hours on the bike Saturday but then tired Saturday afternoon which I mainly put down to not sleeping well the night before. Went to bed earlier than usual Saturday night, slept for over 10 hours then back to normal by Sunday.

My wife had the vaccine at the same time and almost identical experience to me except for complaining of a sore arm. I could feel where I had the jab if I pressed on that spot whereas she was complaining the whole top of her arm was sore.

Mark

Had mine yesterday – AZ. Feel like I’ve got flu today. Overnight my resting HR was much higher than normal. Awful nights sleep. Achey and hot. Lots of paracetemol today.

But all for the greater good.. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

The notes I got with after my AZ said “up to one-in-10” people might get fever-ish side effects.

Anecdotally that seems to be waaaaay out… but I’m not complaining.

kelvin

So tired! AZ first dose yesterday… hardly slept a wink last night. Achy all over today. Had been advised by others to take today off work… and they were right. Arm feels like it’s been kicked by a horse (and I know from experience what that feels like). It’s all just a minor inconvenience though really, like a big hangover after a mate’s birthday night out… but with greater benefits to those around me long term.

2bit
    Free Member

1st Pfizer on Tuesday. Sore arm & Upper leg/arse on the same side. Felt like I’d been kicked. Bit more tired than usual. Feel fine today.

Mrs Bit had it 10 minutes earlier than me but no real ill effects other than feeling slightly ‘tipsy’ today.

Mate in Japan had his 2nd Pfizer yesterday & it has knocked him for six. Said it was much much worse than #1.
    Something to look forward to then…

thenorthwind

Got an OxAZ today that was going spare. Wasn’t expecting to get it for months so really happy. Shouldn’t have started reading this thread though. I knew a day or two of flu-like feeling might be on the cards – might ruin my plans (inc. bookings) at the pub this weekend, but a small price to pay – but really hoping it’s short-lived.

So sorry to hear about your girlfriend CountZero, that’s heartbreaking 🙁

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Had the moderna vaccine on Wednesday. Felt OK for rest of the day just abit of a sore arm
    Today my arm has become more painful and feeling really run down
    Glad on my rest week from work!

chakaping
    Free Member

Had been advised by others to take today off work

I made bloody well sure I was working the next day.

Don’t wanna waste a day off feeling like shit warmed up.

Caher

2nd AZ this morning, now waiting see if hits me. Doing the, ooh is that twinge the jab or normal thing game.
    Any update @caher I’ve been refreshing this thread regularly, hope all went well in hospital for you.

Thanks. They let me out after lots of tests but blood pressure still very high. One doctor quipped that they thought I’d been poisoned. I said yes, by a vaccine. I’ll still have the second one though.

northshoreniall

Glad hear you got out ok, that doesn’t sound fun. Hope they plan/ advised follow up with gp?
    So far no particular ill effect from my 2md one 🤞
    (told you I was keeping regular eye on the thread 😁)

Caher

Yes, week on elephant pills then GP.

MoreCashThanDash

I made bloody well sure I was working the next day.

Don’t wanna waste a day off feeling like shit warmed up.

Yeah, I lost a weekends riding, not making that mistake again, though I was just feeling very tired, so got off lightly.

MrsMC now 48 hours on from second dose of AZ having had a rough night after the first one.

andyrm
    Free Member

AZ a few weeks back (I’m 43,had a kidney illness as a teenager but fully healed, but on high risk register for some reason 🤷‍♂️), had about 36 hours of jetlag / mild hangover type feeling with poor concentration.

Wife had hers week before me, she was wiped out for 24 hours, also AZ. But she works in healthcare so might have had previous exposure, or might just be more susceptible genetically I guess?

Either way, we both agreed that 2 x a day of feeling a bit rough is a small price to pay for peace of mind both for ourselves and everyone else around us.

roach

Az on Wednesday evening, really rough night with terrible headache and flu symptoms. Hopefully start to feel better through today.

Shred
    Free Member

AZ here last Sunday midday. By bed time I got very cold and had sensitive skin. Woke up in the middle of the night hot and sweaty.
    Monday was a mini repeat of the cold hot cycle at about lunch time. My brain was fuzzy for Monday, then started feeling okay.
    Still a bit tired, bit tight chested, but no worries. It looks like I had middle of the road effects.

My wife was same symptoms as me but worse. Lasted 3 days and had sore joints.
    Much rather have that than actual Covid based on my Fathers experience and other people I know who were sick for a month, and now have long covid, or have died.

amodicumofgnar

It’s taken three weeks to get back to unfit. Seems to have been a weekend of horrible, a of week rough, a week listless and then a steady progression. I don’t think the long covid symptom cycle 7days before the jab has helped the speed of bounce back.

tazzymtb

I seem to be in the lighter end of the statistical reactions sp far. Had the az yesterday lunchtime, so far a slightly sore arm (feels very similar to day after a big tattoo with sensitive skin and localised soreness) and joints feel a bit sensitive. slightly muzzy headed and thats it.
    from talking to a lot of folks who have the jab before, keeping well hydrated and spacing the paracetemol throught the day seems to keep the worst at bay (although as always anecdote doenst equal evidence)

flyingpotatoes

Had the AZ vaccine yesterday.

No side effects so far.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

AZ, Nothing!

Simon

I had the AZ at 2pm yesterday. Slept fine last night, arm aches a bit this morning but other than that feel ok so far.

chakaping
    Free Member

Slept great and felt fresh as a daisy this morning.

Heart rate still about 5bpm above average. Hopefully get out for a ride later to see how I really am.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just left the house for a short walk, first “exercise” since Monday, my god that felt hard work on a flat route… As if going uphill and/or into a headwind! Woke to new discomfort in upper arms, arm pits and around left ankle… Guessing a lot of it is lymph node related, to go with elbow and knee discomfort.

Anyone else felt as bad or worse after their first jab, compared to how they remember being when they had Covid?

I think my headache was a lot worse on 21st March 2020 compared to an short-lived intense headache that turned into a mild on/off headache with the OxAZ vaccine, but the aches and pains I’ve felt in the rest of my body since Monday feel far worse, hence why last year I soon went back to interval training (and then discovered the fatigue pitfalls with that approach).

boardmanfs18

Moderna, yesterday, felt a bit woozy but two paracetamol cured that.

It’s aggravated the bruised chest I sustained in an OTB moment the week before but that might be coincidence.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone else felt as bad or worse after their first jab, compared to how they remember being when they had Covid?

Reasonably confident I had Covid 13 months ago.

Side-effects of the jab were similar actually, but only about a third-to-a-quarter the severity.

Hopefully much shorter-lived as well.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Haven’t had mine yet, but been following the thread and wanted to say I’m so sorry for your loss @CountZero – there are no words 😔

phead
    Free Member

AZ yesterday morning, didn’t sleep at all last night just ached all over. Now I cannot decide if I still feel unwell or are just horribly tired.

jon_n
    Free Member

First AZ jab yesterday afternoon. Felt fine all evening, woke up a few times in the night feeling achey / hot / thirsty but thought I slept OK. Woke with a feeling a bit like a hangover and not particularly energetic.

Looked at my Garmin stats and it says I had a terrible nights sleep and my heart rate was 110-120BPM from approx 2am until I woke up! It’s slowly dropped back throughout the day and is not far off my normal RHR now.

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

Me and my wife both had our first AZ jabs yesterday. Me at 9am. Wife at 4pm.

By about 8pm I was starting to feel a little achey; shoulders, hips, back neck – pretty general and low level. Wife was feeling fine, if a little tired.

She woke me at 1am asking me to get her some paracetamol, a tshirt and her joggers. She was clutching the duvet tightly under her chin and shivering uncontrollably. Said she had a banging headache and arms/legs felt really heavy too. She stayed in bed sleeping fitfully until about 2pm today, taking paracetamol 6am, 10am & 2pm but now seems OK. Just a little tired.

I’ve had no reaction other than having a left shoulder that feels like it’s had a good whack.

kelvin

I’m all clear at 48hours. Will not be drinking or riding this weekend though. My body needs a rest after that.

thenorthwind

24 hours on from 1st AZ now. No side effects to report of as such. Felt 100% all day, and have had a busy day. Not even a sore arm. Going to the pub this evening since it’s been booked for weeks. Hope this doesn’t prove the undoing of it.

hot_fiat

Wife and I both had Moderna shots this afternoon. I feel fine, arm is sore but otherwise I’m ok. Though I’ve just noticed I’ve slightly raised HR.

She’s shaky / shivery and feels poo.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

AZ for me last weekend. My arm felt a bit sore for a few days and for a couple of days felt a bit “fuzzy” but other than that all good. Superb service from the NHS and the volunteering staff so top marks there.

tuboflard

Moderna for me yesterday at 5pm. Went home, sat in the garden chatting to the neighbours with a glass of wine, dinner and a good nights sleep. I can tell more that I’ve had half a bottle of plonk than I’ve had a jab. Arm a little bit sore but other than that, spot on.

onehundredthidiot

Had a “oh no” moment yesterday. Two days in from Pfizer Jag. Sore head, feeling a bit shit. It might have been a day of outside DIY in the sun.
    All good today bit of a sniffle so maybe a cold but don’t know where that’s come from.

Autoelec
    Free Member

Had AZ on 31st March (i’m 40). Didn’t feel particularly great before hand. Had the standard sore arm and waking up sweating like a banshee. Next day in bed by 19:30 (very unusual). Had noticed what I think are heart palpitations. Fuzzy head and random pins and needles / muscle twitches, still ongoing. Walking is fine but don’t really feel like doing anything more. Dr’s didn’t seem immediately concerned but have a blood test and 48Hr ECG booked for next week.

Painey
    Free Member

AZ jab for me yesterday at 9.30am. Come dinner time I was feeling run down. By 10.30pm I had a raging temperature and felt rough a.f. with a raised pulse. Consequently I didn’t get the best sleep but drank lots of water and took paracetamol. Feeling better today but not especially energetic. I rather wish I didn’t have a 10 hour day at work today and tomorrow but the side effects aren’t really that bad and all perfectly normal.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.