Home Forums Bike Forum Cordless pressure washer for quick bike clean.

• This topic has 42 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by brads.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Cordless pressure washer for quick bike clean.
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Looking at getting a cordless pressure washer thing for giving the bike a quick spray when it’s really dirty with fresh mud. Can anyone recommend either the Worx Hydroshot or the Karcher KHB5?

kayak23

Yes I can. Worx.

jkomo

The Worx in Amazon warehouse £100 odd

chakaping

+2 for the Worx

Great gadget. Just factor in having to explain what it is to other people in the car park or passing motorists who stop to ask about it.

choppersquad
    Free Member

There seem to be loads of different options for the Worx.
    I don’t need foldable buckets etc, just the unit, battery and charger. Are there different power options?

MoreCashThanDash

I’m really tempted with a Worx but seem to be two power options? Plus quite a few have gadgets I don’t think I need – or do I? Looks like some of the “deals” may not include a battery, strangely.

kayak23
    marksnook
    Free Member

If you use a cordless power tool at home/work then worx body only with a battery adaptor for the brand you use. I have a makita to worx adapter so it makes it crazy easy to always have batteries to power it

choppersquad
    Free Member

I have loads of makita cordless stuff.
    Can you really get an adapter to make it fit a Hydroshot?
    Going to have to Google that one because that sounds exactly what I need.

docgeoffyjones

Just got a Worx Hydroshot off amazon, came with a bush, shampoo applicator, bottle adapter, a hose for drawing water from the bucket and a folding bucket.  the bucket is very handy for keeping all the bits in.

The bottle adaptor is the most useful IMO as my plan is just to fill a few old coke bottles with water and stick those in the back of the car for washing my bike.

kayak23

makita to worx adapter

Omd! I didn’t know this was a thing.
    Sweet.

marksnook
    Free Member

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224015703835

There may be more than 1 worx battery type so worth checking it’s the right one. Use makita 18v kit in work so it makes so much sense! Hope that link shows up, not too smart!

fathomer

The Hydroshot is easily one of the best things I’ve ever bought.

burko73

Can’t believe makita don’t make an lxt pressure washer! They make a coffee machine and a heated waistcoat, why not a pressure washer?

marksnook
    Free Member

@burko73 I waited a while to see if one appeared before buying a hydro shot, I can’t believe they don’t make one either!

footflaps

Is the two speed option any use? The basic model is on offer on Amazon for £84 at the moment, quite tempted…

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ll be contrary and say I just got a Mobi from Wiggle for £50 and it’s been good so far. It won’t work as a proper pressure washer (but I have a plug-in karsher for that) but it is an all-in-one box that I fill with water at home and plug into the car in the car park, and is easily powerful enough to clean a bike (and dog).

dc1988

I don’t think the lower pressure is much use unless you want to perhaps clean a dog. I think the more expensive one comes with more accessories which might be useful depending on your needs

ta11pau1

The bottle adaptor is the most useful IMO as my plan is just to fill a few old coke bottles with water and stick those in the back of the car for washing my bike.

The bottles don’t last very long.

Get a proper water container for your car boot then use the hose with the filter stuck in it. I have a 25l one, not always filled up, but it’ll do 4 or 5 properly dirty washes.

kayak23

Can’t believe makita don’t make an lxt pressure washer!

Ridiculous. Who has the email of the CEO?😉
    I’ve got so much Makita stuff, it would be the dream.

marksnook
    Free Member

Yeah same @kayak23
    It all started with a site radio when I was a fresh faced youth!
    I tagged them in some stuff on social media a couple of times to see if anyone saw it but it got ignored!

kelron
    Free Member

Hydroshot is good. Bottle adaptor is useless as it can’t draw water fast enough to make any pressure. Hose & water container works well, I’d like to get a short hose or see if I can make a DIY adapter for my water container to save carrying around the long loop of hose that comes with it.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I can’t believe there’s not a cheaper cordless washer useable option. I actually went out in the car yday with my bike rather than our kitted out van and the bike was filthy. I’m not paying almost £100 for the possible once a month possibility. Don’t reckon the garden sprayers are much cop, i ended up putting it inside the car to spread the mud then using two buckets of warm water to try to get the worst of it off in my flat carpark.

footflaps

I don’t think the lower pressure is much use unless you want to perhaps clean a dog. I think the more expensive one comes with more accessories which might be useful depending on your needs

Thanks, ordered the basic one….

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

anyone tried the ryobi

bit more than the £85 worx

wildfires3
    Free Member

Excellent stuff. I’m getting tired of cleaning the roof on the wife’s car and trailing mud inside it.

£85 for the basic and a jerry can may do me as all I want to do is get the real horrible stuff off the bike before throwing it in the car and a squeezy bottle of water isn’t much help.

I’ve got a Karcher at home if I need it, but a spray bottle of Ammo Pro Magnum and a hydroshot may get me 90% of the way there.

burko73

Are people really karchering (pressure washer) their trail bikes/ enduro rigs at home?

Surely that every pivot bearing/ wheel bearings worst nightmare…?

I just hose mine off with the garden hose at home and if I’m feeling like I need to I use a bucket of soapy water and a brush/ cloth.

kayak23

I can’t believe there’s not a cheaper cordless washer useable option.

There kind of is. The eBay one for about under £25 that works off your fag lighter. Not cordless as such, but not a wall plug.
    It’s great. I used mine all the time for about two years. It’s just not as ‘together’ as the worx.

EBay washer

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yeah we have one of those setups in our van with a 25litre water container but it’s definitely not as ‘all in one’ as I would want in the car.

wildfires3
    Free Member

For me no, just a blast of cleaner, brush and then the hose on jet for the non-bearing’d bits and flat for areas or care.

MoreCashThanDash

Are people really karchering (pressure washer) their trail bikes/ enduro rigs at home?

Surely that every pivot bearing/ wheel bearings worst nightmare…?

If using a pressure washer knackers your bearings, the problem may not be the pressure washer?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Have ordered the bare Worx washer and an adapter for my Makita batteries so thanks everyone for the heads up.

chakaping

If using a pressure washer knackers your bearings, the problem may not be the pressure washer?

Eh?

MTB frame bearings are notoriously crap, it’s good sense not to point the pressure washer right at them.

The Worx is more like a hosepipe in terms of pressure anyway.

footflaps

Have ordered the bare Worx washer and an adapter for my Makita batteries so thanks everyone for the heads up.

Always wondered if adaptors existed so you can share batteries between makes….

b33k34

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224015703835

There may be more than 1 worx battery type so worth checking it’s the right one.

That’s made my day – thanks. Looks right – 18v Makita to 20V Worx.

Hydroshot is great but the aftermarket non-OEM battery I bought for it is crap – nothing like the capacity it’s meant to be so was just contemplating another but have a load of Makita batteries.

I’m surprised Makita hasn’t done a pressure washer yet – they’ve got a coffee machine FFS

wildfires3
    Free Member

Single pressure Worx ordered with a 20L bottle for the car. No more muddy, smelly, interior of the car for me.

Just more crap to cart to the car for a ride though.

Can’t leave it in the boot as the car is left on the road.

hooli

A mate of mine uses one of these as he puts the bike in the car, it does a good enough job of getting rid of the worst and then it gets a decent wash at home.

Personally, I put the bike on the roof and if the bike is dirty enough that it drops mud on the roof, it will get a wash when I get home and the car is right next to where I wash my bike so I just hose the worst off while I’m at it.

kayak23

Just remember, you can spend as long as your batteries last, or the lake you’ve got the hose in is dry washing it, but you’ll STILL find a little bit you missed when you load it back in the car 😂

footflaps

Pretty impressed by the Worx Hydroshot – used it for the first time yesterday and it’s pretty impressive for a hand held thing, better than I was expecting!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I even wrote to Makita telling them to make one! My life would be complete!

Mate has a Worx and he’s happy with it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Cordless pressure washer for quick bike clean.’ is closed to new replies.