Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Recommend a portable bike wash
  • retrogirl
    Free Member

I recently bought a mobi portable bike wash and I’m not impressed. Today while using it the hose wouldn’t stay on and to get the bikes clean my husband had to hold the hose onto the bike wash so I could get the bikes clean. I’m also not happy using the cig lighter too and am thinking of sending it back and using something with a battery instead. So what do you recommend that doesn’t break the bank

CheesybeanZ

I think its going to be a
    Worx hydroshot.

eyestwice
    Free Member

I’m looking for one too. Worx come up regularly as being effective and reasonably priced.

ETA: Beaten to it 😁

Yak

I had a mobi for years. Kept fixing connectors to keep it running. Finally it failed this year. Replaced it with a worx hydroshot. Night and day difference. Get a worx.

martymac

Worx hydroshot.
    Mine lives in the car, in fact i use it for the car.
    Doesn’t have the power of a mains pressure washer, but more suitable for a bike.

davros

Worx is great. More than enough power for bikes.

andrewreay

Another vote for the Worx.

Got one last week. Is brilliant. Run from a bucket because I don’t have an outside tap.

Awesome.

schmiken

I put one of these in the van, plugged into a leisure battery with a 25 litre Jerry can. Whilst getting a leisure battery may be overkill, I’ve certainly had no complaints!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324282589449

bikerevivesheffield

@schmiken – can that use any water source like then works or does it need to be screwed in to something?

schmiken

It can use any water source, but I have screwed it down in the van and the input hose isn’t really long enough to drop it in anything that’s not already in the van.

kayak23

I had the same as Schmiken links to up there. Worked really well, but it wasn’t a neat solution. I made a housing for mine from plywood to keep it all together.

In the end I just got a hydroshot.
    It just…Worx. 👍

Tracey

I bought a Works back in April 2017, took a bit of gentle ribbing on here at the time. It stays in the camper, lost count of the times its been used from dropping it in mountain streams in the Alps to rivers in France and Spain. I can wash four bikes on a charge and still going strong. Mainly gets used at races.
    Well worth every penny.

colp

I made this

breninbeener

@colp have you written up that build? It looks great

Ian

windyg
    Free Member

Another +1 for Worx Hydroshot perfect for cleaning a bike down, I have a couple of batteries and charger/invertor wired up so batteries always charged up.

colp

@breninbeer, sorry, didn’t get around to it.
    The container was from Aldi, pump is an EBay job then it was a bit of spare Perspex, Garden hose trigger and a few small gauge hose connectors.

tails
    Free Member

Get confused with all the word options every time I think I’ve spayed a bargain I find it’s not got a battery or some option is missing.

razorrazoo

Expect to pay about 120-30 for a Worx set (rrp 150) with tools and battery.  The WG629E1 Model is the one you want if you want 2 speed spray (I bought mine to wash the dog too so use the bone pressures spray too).  Accessory bundles vary.  I got the brush, bottle adaptor and foamer.  I also bought a 25 litre plastic Jerry can for water off eBay.  Easily enough for 2 bikes. Great bit of kit for this time of year and versatile enough for using for other jobs too.

ed-
    Free Member

@retrogirl I’ve never used it. But I’ve heard that when it’s plugged into the cigarette lighter the car should be running if you want more powder. Give it a go and let me know.

feed

I had a standard Worx hydroshot, eventually replaced it with a worx hydroshot 40v which unfortunately can only be purchased from the states to a usa address. The 20v hydroshot was very good but the 40v one is brilliant. I used a parcel forwarding service to get it. Didn’t cost a whole lot more than buying the 20v one (from Euro supplier) at the time.

Currently available for $200 which is what I paid over a year ago
    https://www.worx.com/40v-2×20-hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg644.html

dove1

I have a Splosh 1 that I won in raffle last Christmas.
    It is just the right size for cleaning a couple of bikes (or 1 muddy Spaniel) and the rechargeable battery lasts for ages.

boardmanfs18

Does anybody know which worx hydroshot is stocked by halfrauds ?

They don’t have the model number listed on their website !

tails
    Free Member

So there’s a more powerful version. Is it an EU thing why it’s not sold here. Might wait post brexit see if it gets sold here.

So currently this WG629E1 is the best one? I’ve not got a dog so no worries on that front.

plastercaster
    Free Member

Worx have a run down of the models at https://www.worx-uk.com/pressure-cleaner/#buym

I got the 629e, the 629e.1 comes with buckets and brushes and stuff which you may or may not want. I went for it because I wanted the more compact short lance option. The low pressure setting is very gentle, for watering plants or washing dogs. If neither the short lance or the low pressure is necessary then the cheaper 620 will be fine.

Amazon has some decent deals on used/returned models. I got my 629e in as new condition for £85 last month. It also looks like they’ll import the 40v model for you.

oikeith

I have the same as Schmiken and cable tied it to a 25 litre jerry can, I’d say its just a little bit less powerful than a garden hose, good and getting mud off but I still use brushes, have had mine for 2 years now with no issues.

Only issue I have this year is I left the 25 litre jerry can half full over the summer and now it looks like a pond in there! Think this year I will downside the jerry can, as when full the 25 litres is a pig to take from garage to car and takes up a lot of space.

damitamit
    Free Member

I just got a Hydroshot 620 with all the brushes and stuff and fast charger on Amazon Warehouse for £70 with the 30% off deal at the mo. Arrived yesterday and seems to be new.

andrewreay

Does anybody know which worx hydroshot is stocked by halfrauds ?

It’s the WG629E.1, but WITHOUT the folding bucket. Here’s the link to the Worx website so you can see which it is in detail.

WG629E.1

So the Halfords one is currently £130 for the same kit, minus the bucket.

In summary, at Halfords you get the two speed head unit, one battery included, sprayer, lance and foam attachment, plus bag, filter hose and charger.

You can get BC discount at Halfords too.

Bought the last one in my local store last week!

bjhedley

This thread popped up just in time as about to move and lose my outside tap. Looks like the Mobi (shite) and the Kartcher (superb for the car, but a faff) are about to be going up for sale!

Off to peruse the worx website! Cheers!

ta11pau1

Worx hydroshot here too, I’ve got the brushless version which has a bit more ‘flow’. I use it for bikes, car, etc etc. I don’t bother pulling the full pressure washer out now.

boardmanfs18

@andrewreay

Thanks, I thought Halfords had stopped the BC discount for non-cycling goods ?

chakaping
    Free Member

What are people using to store their Hydroshots?

Mine’s in a cardboard box at the mo, was gonna move it to a plastic tub – but you lot might have some inspiration.

damitamit
    Free Member

This might be a silly question, but can I connect a normal garden tap to it?

feed

This might be a silly question, but can I connect a normal garden tap to it?

Yup, no issue doing that this

jairaj

FYI my Worx Hydroshot is compatible with Erbauer cordless tool 18v batteries.

So if you already have Erbauer cordless tools you can buy just the washer handset without the battery and charger and save a few quid.

Rio

Mine came in a net bag; I keep it in that.

tails
    Free Member

Where did you find the deals on Amazon @plastercaster do I need to click through to find them?

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

chakaping

I made my own wall mount for my garage which is boarded with 12mm osb board, made the mount out of a bit of 4×2 i had laying about just traced round the handle and screwed to the OSB board. Hose goes into the bag it came with which is hung off a screw. Nice and neat and out the way.

Have to say to anyone thinking of getting one – just do it. Had mine for about 12 months with a 20 litre jerry can as a supply of water, gets put in the car every time i go for a bike ride, i also clean the cars with it and the only time my proper pressure washer comes out is when i need to jetwash the patio.

Wouldn’t be without mine now.

andrewreay

@boardmanfs18

Thanks, I thought Halfords had stopped the BC discount for non-cycling goods ?

Didn’t know that. Funnily enough, my BC voucher refused to scan at the till. I thought it might have been because I’d not updated it in a while. The helpful lady at the till just used a random 10% discount barcode instead, so I got the 10% off, but it wasn’t technically BC, and maybe I shouldn’t have done… Kudos to Halfords!

footflaps

Kudos to Halfords!

Always found their service to be excellent.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a portable bike wash’ is closed to new replies.