Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • FB-ATB

Don’t worry, the food will run out soon so you’ll drop weight then! Don’t give up, a bad week or two won’t matter in the long run if you get back into it. But it will if you give up completely and a few bad weeks become months, become years. I know I’ve got the Tshirts in increasing sizes to prove it. You may not meet your target, but even if you’ve had, say 4 good weeks out of 12 so far compared to your last year(s) of eating you’re in a better place.

Tiger6791

Another gain this week, all the stress of everything, being stuck in the house with 4 kids and me being a comfort eater isn’t a good combination. Think I’ll just give up now

Hang tight fella! Tough times but stress eating only makes it worse 🙁

(I think we all know on this thread it’s so hard not to though)

cheers_drive

stress-related drinking and eating mean that I’ve gone up a bit. I was due to have my cholesterol measured again but with the doctors locked down I’ve elected to go on to statins until things have calmed down a bit.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

No change for me this week, but to be fair I have been on holiday and while keeping active I wasn’t controlling my eating to the same degree.

Have sit up a little gym along with the WFH computer in the spare room

Wally

Final weigh in:
    Missed target by 1.4lbs, but lost 10.6 lbs and 2 inches on the waist.
    One very happy Wally. Three cheers for Roberto…for organising this. I’m in for “Covid-19 lockdown” version, will give me something positive to focus on.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

So, this is the last weigh in on the spreadsheet?
    Down to 77.5kg, after starting at 88.1kg. My ambitious target was to lose 10kg in 3 months and I’ve done it. It’s been a crappy week with lockdown and losing my job, but this achievement has cheered me up.

FB-ATB

Well done. Flatlined this week, but my daughter has been baking Welshcakes so I can’t say no to them! Strange, I can eat a frugal lunch at work not caring what other people eat despite the tempting aromas. At home it’s harder when you’re sitting at the same table as the family!

Anyway, just under my modest target. After the last 2 year’s failure on CC I thought I’d go easy so I wouldn’t be disappointed and give up if it takes a while to shift the chub. Here’s hoping to get to a “normal” BMI by the end of the next quarter.

Markie
    Free Member

Fully hydrated and still lost a bit (a v little bit!) this week. Pleased!

doomanic

98.7. Get in!

Very please with that, although I was nervous as **** getting on the scales after last week.

Looking forward to the next quarter now. Never made it this far before…

morphio
    Free Member

Very poor start due to work and travel. Picked up last couple of weeks though, nothing like trying to outrun the plague…

Tiger6791

Well done evrybody that made it this far!!

End of Q1

Having hit my target last week this week I’ve put 2 lbs on. 🙁 (but i’m still in a much better place)

It doesn’t make sense though because I’ve been pretty good the only reason I can think is I went for a run yesterday and instead of my usual 5-8k I ran 12k just to get out and to give the dogs a decent bit of exercise.

Legs are sore today and hopefully it’s just a bit of fluid retention

Overall I’m dead happy and looking forward to Q2 🙂

Onwards and downwards!!!! (weight that is)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I stopped doing regular structured workouts and Zwift races near my FTP a month ago today due to lurgy or maybe mild COVID-19 (although I suspect if I’ve had the real McCoy, that started 18th March), fully expected to put weight on. Except I’ve roller-coaster loss another ~1.5Kg, down to 75.5Kg this morning, a new low since I began putting weight on and heading to almost 84Kg from late 2017 to around late October last year.

Like I’ve read in a few places, I think my appetite has dropped in recent weeks while not feeling right and when I have snacked, I’ve tended to turn to oats and milk, rather than peanuts; peanut butter and jam sandwiches; chocolate raisins; hot cross buns etc. Possibly drinking a bit more water/squash too, which will make my stomach feel fuller.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Could Chub Club save your life?

That 2 stone I’ve dropped since new year is looking pretty prescient.

“The audit suggested that men are at much higher risk from the virus – seven in ten of all ICU patients were male, while 30% of men in critical care were under 60, compared to just 15% of women. Excess weight also appears to be a significant risk factor; over 70% of patients were overweight, obese or clinically obese on the body mass index scale.”

Brutal.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/28/coronavirus-intensive-care-uk-patients-50-per-cent-survival-rate

northernmatt

Long time no weigh in. Work going into administration, and the whole coronavirus thing has kind of put a dampener on any efforts to exercise. Managed to lose weight but I think that’s probably through stress/worry more than anything, missed Q1 target by 9lbs. On the plus side at least now I have some more time on my hands.

Markie
    Free Member

Will there be a Q2 Chub Club? If desired and not yet planned, I’d be happy create the sheet in the same workbook…

FB-ATB

I’d like to continue.

Markie
    Free Member

Having looked at the sheet, it’s all set up for the rest of the year, just in hidden columns and rows. I’ll leave it to Rob. Roll on Friday!

Tiger6791

I’m up for Q2 (need) Chub club is a big motivation for me

I also need to start practicing some ‘social isolation’ techniques with my bloody fridge now that we are locked up together

Quarantine weight gain stands at +2lbs 😳☹️

weightyvera
    Free Member

Well I’ve managed to reach my first goal. Way to go Chub club and thanks Rob! I wasn’t over ambitious and have steadily lost about a lb a week. Mr WV and I have gone for lifestyle changes – slow and boring but hopefully sustainable. If I keep going I’ll be back to race weight and just be Vera!?!

FB-ATB

After attacking the cheese and wine at the weekend, I’m fearful of going back up. Following posts on here about fasting etc, for the last 2 days I’ve skipped brekkie.

I’ve always dismissed the idea and didn’t fancy it whilst at work because if I got hungry part way through the am I’d hit the vending machine. At least while WFH if I had to give in I could have a healthier snack or bring my lunch forward from work’s standard 1pm and have an earlier tea as I’m not commuting.

Anyway, yesterday I managed to last until 1:30 as I had a task to deliver and seem ok today so far. For the first time I thought I’d try going an extra hr initially and if I felt ok, continue. etc. Its a bit like being on your bike doing a bastid climb, where you set yourself a goal of “that tree and I’ll stop for a bit”; but you get to the tree and think “I’ll carry on and try for that fence”.

Not sure I’d like to do this every day, but might be worth it occasionally for those times when it seems like I’m plateauing (or have been a bit lax at the weekend).

Markie
    Free Member

I have no desire to step on toes, please tell me if people think this wrong – if there has been no contact from Rob (hope all okay :/ ) and no spreadsheet update by Thursday evening I will set it up to be ready for Friday morning?

Rob’s Chub Club and the spreadsheet are key to keeping me on track!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of contact, things have gone through the roof lately. I’m one of those NHS types – not front line, but been busy-busy.

World Chub Series Q2 will be a goer!
    Who knows, I might even join in this time 🙂

I’ll send an email tomorrow.

Markie
    Free Member

Thank you Rob!

And sorry, I didn’t mean to infringe. Hope you and yours all well!

FB-ATB

Cheers!

chrisdb
    Free Member

I’ve just come across this thread and would love to join for Q2, just sent a PM.

I’m a mega chubber but dropped three stone in Q1 and looking for motivation to keep going!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Markie
    Thank you Rob!

And sorry, I didn’t mean to infringe. Hope you and yours all well!

No worries, Markie. It’ll be handy to have someone I can hand it over to should I need at some point – and you’ve just volunteered yourself 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

chrisdb
    I’ve just come across this thread and would love to join for Q2, just sent a PM.

I’m a mega chubber but dropped three stone in Q1 and looking for motivation to keep going!

Great work so far Chris! Keep it up.
    Have included you in the spreadsheet & email distro list.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Is everyone getting on OK with exercising in lockdown?
    It’s working pretty well for me, got a good routine.

30/40 min online bodyweight or kettlebells class in the morning before breakfast (300 kcals)
    2 hours walk around the local hill/park, making sure to get some elevation (500 kcals)
    200 press-ups a day, split into batches – I can’t do that many at once! (no idea how many kcals)
    As many pull ups as I can do on some scaffolding I pass on the way to/from my walk. 4 is the max currently. I hate pull ups.

Quite easy to control calorie intake as well with no eating out available.

FB-ATB

Hope you’ve got some anti-bac for the scaff poles!

Probably getting to do a bit more exercise- managing to walk the dog more than if I was at the office; bit more riding since not running kids around, bit of work in the garden too. WFH for the time being, if get furloughed should be able to do more.

Hardest part is having lunch when everyone else at the table has tastier treats. Doesn’t seem to be an issue having lunch at my desk at work and there’s a wide choice of food and tempting aromas being eaten by colleagues.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yup, always carry a spray bottle of sanitiser with me when I go out the house.

dannybgoode

Terrible first quarter but hey, it’s been an odd time. At least I have lost *some* weight but way off target.

However I have just put 30 mins on the treadmill and a very quick weights session (all in my garage before the pitchforks arrive) and I at least intend to keep it up. May go on a ride tomorrow and mix it up a bit 🙂

coconut
    Free Member

Great call Rob… I hit my target 2 weeks before the end of March Chub Club… and it’s gone S&*! the last few weeks with lock down, too much beer and pizza. I am going for my 8/16 diet, no alcohol for 3 months and exercise 3 times a week, that did wonders last time (89.5kg to 84kg).

The 8/16 is really easy after a few days.

6:30am wake – coffee with oat milk
    9am – Homemade garnola
    11am – snack of fruit
    1pm – lunch of anything
    4:45pm – dinner

coconut
    Free Member

I’m nominating “yourguitarhero” the winner on Q1 Chub Club… well done fella an impressive feat! 🙂

Down to 77.5kg, after starting at 88.1kg. My ambitious target was to lose 10kg in 3 months and I’ve done it

weightyvera
    Free Member

Wow yourguitarhero, that’s great going!
    Just signed up for Q2. Hoping to stay on track in these crazy times.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Thanks guys, what do I win? A big slice of cake! Damn 🙂

doomanic

How does the quarterly chart work? It seems to be locked on coconut.

theotherjonv

Did OK to start (15st – 14.7), plateaued, and in the last 3 weeks have gone back (I need to socially distance my fridge – today at 14.10)

Trying to get my exercise more regimented but wasn’t aware how much walking I did in a normal work day on a big site. to the shop for lunch, etc.

Will input data later. Let’s aim for 14 by end of June.

muggomagic

I’m still up for it. Where I hadn’t been working I kept forgetting to weigh myself (was always part of that post shower morning routine).
    Weighed in this morning and I’ve put 1lb on since my last weigh in which I’m pretty pleased about as I’ve been drinking a lot of beer and eating rubbish too. So much more time for eating when you’re at home.

Tiger6791

doomanic

How does the quarterly chart work? It seems to be locked on coconut.

He’s the only one that paid Rob the in-App upgrade for extra features fee I think 🙂

wasn’t aware how much walking I did in a normal work day

This!! I am aware as I always have my step counter on. Most days pre-lockdown were ~15k, since lockdown steps seems to be ~2k on a bad days ~5k on a good day.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Weight loss continues – down 1.4kg this week, from 77.5 to 76.1kg.
    I have decided on a target of 75kg which will give me a BMI of 23. I plan to maintain that weight for a couple of months to get my body used to it, while focusing on strength training < basically bodyweight stuff as we’re in lockdown. After a few months I might look at increasing my calorie intake above maintenance to build muscle mass along with heavier weight lifting.

So I’m in the chub club for this quarter but expect to hit my target within a week or two. Will then keep logging in to make sure I stay at that weight.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 627 total)

The topic ‘Chub Club 2020’ is closed to new replies.