• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,321 through 2,360 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

If you can do that after the sprints DrP, then you were not pushing hard enough!

I’m considering an Alpe pootle myself in the morning, early doors. But it will be a pootle, just an aim to hit the top, no PB attempts! Problem is that I see that clock ticking and I just can’t help myself…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a climb up Alp du Zwift after the london flats??

Rather more than I fancy the consequences of not having Mrs brain’s dinner on the table at 20.05 sharp.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Just signed up for the 1st stage group ride of the Tour on Saturday, currently over 1400 taking part, it’s going to be busy on that Mountain…

DrP

thing is, I’m no sprinter… I’ve said before I can peak at 600w… i literally can’t get more… but seem to recover OK after…

I’ll try to get max power today…!

anyway… I’m here, keeping away the seagulls…

DrP

mrhoppy

Good ride that everyone, thanks to Dangeourbrain for organising. Legs are feeling doing 2 every lap sprint sessions on the bounce though.

robbo1234biking

Good ride tonight I enjoyed that. Got a power pb between 30 and 40 seconds too. Still can’t really improve on the sprints but no big deal it’s good fun.

DrP

****..alpe in 57.08….
    ow..

Rolling down, then EAT!

DrP

robbo1234biking

Good work that Dr P. Sausages for tea?

DrP

I left them in London….

DrP

forge197
    Free Member

oop north what time are you doing Saturday? was about too post about that event, see if anyone doing it going to try and do all three. I am going to 10am as I am out Friday so don’t think I will make the 8am one. there are over 1300 booked on the group ride for that time too.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thanks all for coming out to play this evening. Good effort on everyone’s part.

Well done on the alpe DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

@forge197 I’m on the 8am one Saturday, I’ve things to do so need to get it done early. Plus I wanted to keep Sunday free in case there is the usual Sunday hills ride.

Great effort DrP…hurts doesn’t it?? With my weight, to get 57 minutes I think I need to do 400 to 500 watts all the way up haha…no chance!

forge197
    Free Member

@opp north I’ve also kept Sunday free would be up for Sunday Hills at the moment.

DrP

Oop north… I was averaging 245-250ish watts pretty much all the way up… got into a Nice rhythm where each segment was about 250w, 160bpm HR…
    Stood up and pushed it for a bit on the final leg, but TBH I’m more steady and stable sitting and pedalling 250-280w SAT DOWN with high revs, rather than picking a high gear, standing, and pedalling at 60rpm…

With a bit of effort, sub 55 min should be possible, but would need fresher legs!

DrP

weeksy

what cadence Doc ?

mrhoppy

I’m on the 10am Saturday one at the moment with nearly 1500 others.

oopnorth
    Free Member

250w would only give me a 2.85 w/kg output, not enough for under the hour I reckon. Think I’d need to be at least 300 to 320w.

Cadence is something I need to work on, I’m more of a plodder than a high spinner, usually around the 80 rev mark. Any tips or training to improve it?

oopnorth
    Free Member

By the way…Sunday hills…any requests for routes that you need ticking off? Let me know and I’ll set up a meetup.

Best avoid watopia, especially the mountain with the tour going on, it’s very busy!

Something up to the 2 hour mark

forge197
    Free Member

What about Achterbahn ?

DrP

what cadence Doc ?

Pretty much 90rpm all the way up… upping to about 100 on the last leg..

Cadence is something I need to work on, I’m more of a plodder than a high spinner, usually around the 80 rev mark. Any tips or training to improve it?

I’ve always aimed (on geared bikes!) for around 90-100.. i’m led to believe this is the most efficient. I can certainly stick to 90rpm all day long, and keep comfortable power at that RPM.
    I guess a good method is to keep an eye on the RPM on Zwift/garmin, and just force yourself to pedal a bit faster (dropping a gear or 2)… you’ll soon get used to the faster cadence. Like I say – I can pretty much remain at 90prm just be feel/muscle memory

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Did it a few weeks back Forge but we can do again if wanted.

There is surrey hills or London Pretzel also. I’m easy as I’ve done most already apart from the crazy long ones like mega pretzel and four horsemen.

mrhoppy

What about Achterbahn ?

Might not be daft seeing as yet again Innsbruck isn’t on a weekend through July.

robbo1234biking

Anyone doing commute in the morning?

Cant do Sunday hills this week as of to see the in-laws in Yorkshire. At least we have to maintain social distance so no need to get too close to them!

forge197
    Free Member

Thought I recognised the name Achterbahn, don’t mind Surrey Hills either

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ll be in for a commute in the morning Robbo if you want to set something up.

Sunday Hills – How about the London Pretzel? Something for all and should make a good group ride, flats, sprints, fox and box hills. My worry with Surrey hills is that we may be riding solo most of the way around as it’s hill after hill.

Let me know and I’ll get the invite out, this or Achterbahn

robbo1234biking

Ive sent out an invite. I have put down cobbled climbs for 40 mins. I don’t think we will make 2 laps. Not sure if it is a bit climby for a commute? Just thought something different!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Lets try it, quite short, sharp, shock hills. I’m okay with it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Isn’t it just one nasty little hill on that route anyhow or did I blank out the rest?

I’m hoping to escape the office tomorrow so I’ll join you for the commute if I do.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cant do Sunday hills this week as of to see the in-laws in Yorkshire.

You wouldn’t do me a favour and visit mine too would you?

robbo1234biking

Think it is a couple of short sharp climbs but nothing too long.

oopnorth
    Free Member

3 climbs altogether on that route, first 2 are short and punchy if I remember correctly, last one is longer, not as steep but goes on a bit towards the finish line. Only the first 2 are timed.

robbo1234biking

Just checked should make 2 or 3 laps easy. it isn’t the full uci route but about half of it.

forge197
    Free Member

London Pretzel is good with me for Sunday, any chance of invite to tomorrow commute ?

oopnorth
    Free Member

Right I’ve put an invite out for Sunday Hills, the London Pretzel, 8am start. If any want to join or haven’t received and invite, shout! Follow me on Zwift, Craigpin Oop North and I’ll add you.

Forge – Robbo has arranged the commute so follow him and he will be able to send the invite

forge197
    Free Member

Invite got @Robbo I am following you I’m P D [STW] if you can send invite that be great

robbo1234biking

Unless Derbyshire goes into a local lockdown by Sunday then I won’t make Sunday hills which is a shame as I haven’t done that course yet! Might try and tick it of the lost on my Friday lunchtime workout ride.

DrP

I’ll try to be there Sunday… loving zwift again at the mo!

going out with the gf on the bikes Saturday (I got her an e bike!), so if not too hung over Sunday, will leave her in bed and hop on the turbo!

DrP

stumpy01

Thanks for the Sunday invite, but I’m supposed to be doing a 65km bridleway route heading out from Oakham.

Can’t miss the opportunity for a summer ride, although haven’t checked the weather!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Can’t miss the opportunity for a summer ride

I hate to break it to you but you missed it by about a month, and it was glorious and nearly 3 months long.

I’ve signed on for Sunday but might make an early dash for it. Quite a few outdoor jobs to do since it looks like being a dry day.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Just saw Ian Stannard on zwift so had to say well done for the 2015 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad – still cycling’s best mugging!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,321 through 2,360 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.