• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,281 through 2,320 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

One day we will have you on a “Sunday Hills” Weeksy, but I know it’s not your thing 🙂

If anyone would prefer a time change let me know, but I also need to be done by 10ish as I have a date with installing a Kitchen floor…
    I’ve done 2 laps previously and it was around an hour, so should be there or thereabouts by 10am.

robbo1234biking

So I have a ramp test planned for 9 am in the morning. Can’t do it later in the day due to planned family activities. Only issue being I have just cracked open a 12% special from vocation brewery. Don’t think I am going to see an increase! 😂

neilarn2

Cheers for the invite but heading to the Surrey Hills on Sunday for a change.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robbo1234biking

Well I made a modest 5w bump on the ftp today from 268w to 273 w. Shame I weigh a tonne! 12 weeks of base fitness training ahead now (including Sunday hills!)

DrP

I’ll be there… looks a good route… will stay until the kids get tangled in the chain/ wheel!

DrP

piemonster

I won’t be there, this gearing is a big old nope from me.

Im off to find the cheapest front double option I can find!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I know what you mean Robbo, if I was weighing in at 75kg I’m sure I’d do alright and be fairly quick haha 😉

robbo1234biking

For anyone joining in the morning log on early for the update. It is a bit bigger than normal due to the new worlds.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It is a bit bigger than normal due to the new worlds.

Which is a bit annoying given we can’t actually ride them at all.

robbo1234biking

That was a good a ride this morning. It goes quite quickly on a course like that. Was ready to quit after the first time round but kept going. Cheers all who came. Pancakes for lunch now!

weeksy

I still don’t do hills lol. Sorry fellas. That first time up was enough

Garry_Lager

Good ride this morning, think that’s the longest zwift route I’ve done. Thks for organising Oop North.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks again lads, that would have been a chore if it was a solo ride, keeping up with others makes the time pass. When we got down the second time I was still seeing we were nowhere near halfway and I was doubting my capability to finish! Glad we got there and not too much over the 2 hours.

Anyone up for some commutes this week?

robbo1234biking

Tuesday and Thursday are prob good for me for commutes. Doing a proper commute tomoz so can’t do then.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve just put up a commute for tomorrow. I’m in the office the rest of the week so if I do any it’ll be early start half hour sessions again.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Oooh that’s a killer start for the week…more hills.

I should be there but it will be a sedate pace for me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve also taken the liberty of putting up a Tuesday social.

London clasique, 175-200w group with sprints. In theory alternate laps but happy to run them every lap of that’s consensus.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oooh that’s a killer start for the week…more hills.

Ah yeah, I’m the only one who didn’t do Sunday hills aren’t I?

Happy to change it for a flat one if people would prefer. (I’ve also signed up to an innsbruck Hill climb race at 17.40,so maybe i’d prefer too!)

robbo1234biking

Should be good for Tuesday although you have only done it for 4 miles so will be pretty short!

mrhoppy

Should Tuesdays meet up be for more than 1 lap? Or are we going balls out mini-crit styleee?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ahem. Yes

1hour not one lap.

Fixed.

Thank you for the heads up.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I did wonder about that.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Dangeourbrain sorry Brian I’m not going to make it this morning, something has come up, so no biking for me today.
    I’ll see you tomorrow if you want to do an early one.

Sorry for late notice

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s ok Craig, nothing too serious I hope.

As is there were no other takers so I went for a walk with mrs brain instead anyhow.

I actually hurt a bit after yesterday’s race, thinking the bike not being anchored properly has seen me over extending our something,either way, the walk was a better choice this am I think.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Just kids issues, nothing major. Just meant it took my biking time away.

Hope the niggle is not too bad and like I say, if you want to ride tomorrow I’ll be there.

robbo1234biking

I am good for a commute in the morning. What course are people thinking?

not that I fancy it tomorrow but the London Loop is a pretty good commute course. It is a 30 min loop and the climb isn’t too bad if you pace it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How about some trees for a Tuesday? Could do sand and sequoias, don’t think we’ve had that since commute number 1.

It’ll need to be a 7.15 finish for me though as I’ve got to go to the office which I reckon means about a 6.40 start

robbo1234biking

Works for me. Cheers

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m in, I always like that route but must admit that I prefer the reverse direction through the sequoias, the hills isn’t as long and it’s more flowing.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Wasnt being rude chaps, I lost all comms on back half of sequoias. Then the app wanted to update which its never done before. Laptop is too far away to message.

Very glitchy today probably due to recent upgrades.

Anyhoo cheers for the ride, the legs were not ready for that today!

robbo1234biking

No worries – that woke me up! Good start to the day though. See what I have left for sprints tonight.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Good to see you both and no offence taken Craig.

Once we got to the puddles I just put my head down a bit to make curfew any how.

Well done both of you on PBs too.

piemonster

Cheers for the invite again.

My Zwift sub ends today, outdoors beckons, I’ll see you all in the autumn!

Unless we get properly locked down again.

oopnorth
    Free Member

See you Shaun, enjoy the fresh air, you’re welcome back anytime 😉

DrP

will try to make tonight… if its raining I’ll be on the turbo.. but 1815 MIGHT be a bit tight to get back from work for…hmm….

will see!

DrP

Garry_Lager

Unless we get properly locked down again.

Rode outside. Graphics were shit.

Thks for invite dangeour but doubt I can get on it tonight – having a bit of a clear out of the MTBs and need to do some spannering.

oopnorth
    Free Member

piemonster
    Subscriber

Oh and Shaun…can I borrow your Tron bike over the summer?? I’ll take good care of it…

zilog6128

I’ll be there tonight! Weather outside looks shit anyway 😂

piemonster

Rode outside. Graphics were shit.

😀

Oh and Shaun…can I borrow your Tron bike over the summer?? I’ll take good care of it…

Honestly, it’s actually a bit annoying having that glowing thing in the middle of the screen! Bit garish frankly.

DrP

So.. it’s looking horrible out there tonight, so likely will Zwift…Anyone fancy a climb up Alp du Zwift after the london flats??

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 2,281 through 2,320 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.