• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

Well that was a wake up call this morning! The course (cobbled climbs) did work OK for a more lively commute though!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In not sure more lively is something I’d want in a commute, sounds like the sort of ride to work Dezb has at least 9 times a week

forge197
    Free Member

It was good commute really enjoyed it. Got 4 more Power Curve PB’s in Garmin, just two more that are from 2019

oopnorth
    Free Member

Don’t let them fool you Brian, it was horrible and hurt! 😉 It certainly woke my legs up!

I followed it with a circuit of Yorkshire and that felt easy compared to the cobbles.

piemonster

So yeh, in the ******* rain both my tubeless sealant failed and my pump failed this morning 😀

The great outdoors is going well.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s a sign Pie!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Renew!! Renew!! 😉

oopnorth
    Free Member

Just a reminder about the Sunday hills ride at 8am this week – London Pretzel route. If anyone wants to join and I’ve not already sent an invite, let me know.

mrhoppy

I’ve signed up for Sunday, it’s a route I need to do still, but might need to cut out at the last minute.

Doing Etape at 8 on Saturday morning with what seems like half the zwift subscribers in the world.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m on the 8am as well mrhoppy, I’m thinking it may be hard to get past folk as you will get that silly sticky effect that sometimes happens, like a tractor beam effect. Part of me also wants to see what its like going up the mountain with so many others, it will be a bit unique. The plan is to take it easy and enjoy the event.

neilarn2

Thanks for the invite , all being well I’m going to the Surrey hills again but will leave invite open in case it all goes pear shaped.

also doing the Etape on Saturday but the 6.00am one

cheers

oopnorth
    Free Member

Brian, Robbo…are you doing any commutes this week? I’m having a rest day Monday but am up for other days.

robbo1234biking

Tuesday and Thursday are good for me!

forge197
    Free Member

I won’t be able to make Sunday Hills next two Sunday’s, though I’d be up for a Thursday commute if someone sends me an invite.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in the office tomorrow but, assuming nothing changes, should be good for the rest of the week Craig

oopnorth
    Free Member

Cool…need to look and see what routes, unless we keep to the usual richmond, sequoias, volcano etc.

See you Tuesday

oopnorth
    Free Member

That london Pretzel was a good Sunday route, we need to do that another time.

robbo1234biking

For commutes what about a MTB lap? Jungle circuit including the lead in should be about 20-25 mins. Could make it a timed one for 30 mins to get part of another lap done.

forge197
    Free Member

Second oop north comments The London Pretzel was a good Sunday loop not silly hard but a couple good sprints and climbs nice balance and felt like a good workout.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m up for a mtb jungle loop Robbo, would make a good change!

robbo1234biking

Sent out a commute invite for tomoz morning for the MTB loop on the Jungle Circuit.

Is 6.45 OK for people?

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m in. So bike change to MTB’s then?

robbo1234biking

Its up to you I guess but I am going to get some miles on the MTB!

robbo1234biking

Good ride this morning thanks oopnorth. I will put in a Volcano climb for Thursday.

For Sunday hills I haven’t done Lutscher CCW. It looks fairly low mileage but that route doesn’t include the lead in so you have to go up the climb twice so there is at least 1 hours climbing!

mrhoppy

Lutscher CCW in meetup starts at the top of the hill I think. GPLama had it as a badge hack.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah Hoppy is right, in meet up mode it starts at the top so only one climb, but if others want we can always go round twice? It can be set for a time rather than distance…1.5 hrs or 2 hrs?

Have you done the UCI there? That would the hill and the city circuit, so would include some sprints etc.

Thanks again for the commute this morning Robbo.

robbo1234biking

Ah OK cool that is a good hack. I can cover that one off on one of my lunchtime one hour workouts then. Should be easily doable.

Routes I have left to tick off are:

Big loop
    London Pretzel
    Surrey Hills

And all of the stupid long ones!

But I am happy to do any really.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry I didn’t make it this morning folks, in the office again today.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Robbo just so you know, that hack doesn’t work for the clockwise version of the route as the meet up starts with you already past the start / finish gate, so it wouldn’t be a complete route on one circuit. You may be able to go back through the gate and then do a U turn to start it correctly but I’m not sure if that works…only trying will tell. But for the CCW version it works fine as is because you have to go through the gate.

I also have the stupid long routes to tick off, the painful ones which I don’t see me doing really as I don’t usually have 3 or 4 hours spare with family commitments. I’ll probably do them once the family is away somewhere in the future and I’m home alone. Also a few New York ones which for some reason I can’t be bothered with New York…that KOM climb doesn’t do it for me. I might try one tomorrow.

zilog6128

Anything happening tonight? No worries if not, weather is OK so might venture outdoors!!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Am I right that you have to invite at least one person for a meetup? I’m wondering if I want to do a different non-scheduled world as a ride, I guess the only way is through meetup?
    I may just have to randomly invite one of you one morning…you don’t have to accept!! 😉

robbo1234biking

Yeh you have to invite at least one person. I have used it before to tick of routes. I am happy for you to invite me oop north. If it is a route I fancy I might join you. I am 9000m away from the Tron bike now so might try and get a bit more climbing in.

oopnorth
    Free Member

You’re closer than me then, I’m about 13000 away. Once I have the Tron i’m giving up on climbing haha 😉

I might do that then Robbo, if you get a random invite, feel free to ignore!

robbo1234biking

For Thursday I think I have set the wrong route to what we have done before and it is a bit longer. Should only take about 45 mins though so happy to keep it as it is if people are happy.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m fine with it Robbo, it means we have a lead in to warm up the legs. Usually it’s whole lotta lava route.
    Just keep it as is, if anyone wants to bail early they can.

forge197
    Free Member

I am fine with the route in the invite

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo and Forge for the commute this morning…enjoyed it!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Sunday Hills…not sure if I can commit this week as I have a lot on. So I wont set one up in case I cant make it.

If anyone wants to arrange one please do and I’ll join if I can but I may not be able to do a full ride.
    Alternatively we can all do our own thing 😁

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo and Oop North, that was a good commute 🙂

I can’t do Sunday Hills either this week or next, few bits on with early starts!

Think I’ll be doing the 10am Saturday unless I am up early.

Should be up for a commute next week .

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry I missed your morning folks, didn’t think to check the start time and assumed a 7am. Realised I had about 30 seconds to spare when my alarm went off and the start reminder said 6.45.

Not sure about Sunday hills this week or next and certainly no commutes for me next week as I’m away and have no intention of taking the turbo

Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.