• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,921 through 4,960 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hi guys. That was an enjoyable hour last night. Robbo is away next week so I’ll sort something for same time next Tuesday if there’s interest. Any preferences for a route? I guess something not too hilly with 4/5 sprints over an hour?? I’m following everyone who was on last night and some others but if you’d like an invite, just shout (Paul Tunstall STW)

zilog6128

Yep enjoyed it (even if legs totally went at the end 🤣), defo up for something similar next week.

kirky72
    Free Member

Thanks for sorting last nights session out Robbo.

I tried to blast from the back on the first lap and then provide some lead ins on the second lap. Enjoyed the last little chase for the village arch and went fairly deep, Paul seemed pretty surprised as I passed him halfway up the hill.

Sorry I didn’t reply to the messages later on, my companion app was playing up. It kept loading in and out, every time I typed a message it went off before I got to hit send.

In reply to Robbo asking about starting my role, yes I’m three weeks into nine weeks or training, unfortunately mostly over teams apart from role playing, personal protection, first aid and comms. Should hit the streets early to mid October.

Unfortunately looking at my standard rota I’m going to be lucky to make more than 3 or 4 of any given Tuesday in a 9 week block. I’ll still try and take part but won’t be troubling the leaderboards next time, probably wouldn’t any way as form seems off.

Send us an invite for next Tuesday Paul I’ll try to join if I’m not out IRL. Standard courses for spin and sprint is Richmond flat but that’s only one sprint per short lap. I find RGV France gives good bang for your buck with 4 sprints per lap. Probably takes 75/80 minutes though for two laps. 60 minutes would get 6 or 7 sprints in though.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Cheers @kirky72. Sounds like a lot of stuff going on but it’ll be good to see you when you can make it. I totally misjudged the finish last night. It was a good hit out wasn’t it? I wrongly thought Rob’s finish was only a few hundred metres on from the banner. I’ve only done that route on a workout so normally not really thinking (or seeing straight)! I’ll know for next time…

Can I suggest London Classique for next week? 6km lead-in and 5.4km laps with a sprint on The Mall (forward) each lap.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ve sent the invite. There’s a few from last night who I can’t invite as they aren’t following me. Follow me and I’ll ping you an invite.

mrhoppy

On meet up you start on the circuit so no lead in to be messing about with.

Wally

Hello Zwift folks, I am in the process of doing up the garage/cave and interested in your thoughts how I could turn a Tacx Flow, bike, spare wheel, HDMI TV into a zwift set up. I have an old LanLi PC case, new 500W PSU, 120Gb SSD, keyboard and mouse.

I have about £500 to spend on:
    1) Motherboard/CPU/RAM
    2) Graphics card.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hi @Wally. Rather than suggest something here I would recommend looking on FB for a group called ZPCMR – Zwift PC Master Race. There is quite a lot of really good content there in the form of PDFs and how to set up a Zwift specific PC.

savoyad

Hi STW zwifters. Autumn is coming. So advance notice: let’s try and put a Team Time Trial team together starting from 2nd September.

@robbo1234biking
    is in already. We’ll probably pester you a bit in the meantime – and then post a thread for signups that week. Everyone is welcome.

zilog6128

Hi STW zwifters. Autumn is coming. So advance notice: let’s try and put a Team Time Trial team together starting from 2nd September.

If we can muster a B-team again too I’m in 🤣 Not been doing much of anything for a while!

robbo1234biking

I would be surprised for the first couple of weeks if we get enough for more than one team and will recognise a reduced pace as most others are in a similar situation!

zilog6128

yeah fair enough! I am in then 😃

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Me too. Looking forward to getting back on it.

Wally

Hi Slowpuncheur, not on FB, so I will have a Google and read the swift forums to work it out. Cheers for answer.

oopnorth
    Free Member

At least my current heart issues have given me a proper excuse this time! 😀 Although right now I’d love the pain of a good fast race on zwift!!
    Best of luck everyone!

mrhoppy

Depending on where I get to with restarting Jupiter either I’ll be up for a ride (if I fail) or able to offer cat C’s a ride at an earlier time slot (If I’m successful).

kirky72
    Free Member

ill try to jump on the time trials when i can. i should be able to make either the race on tuesfay or TT on a thursday , one or the other, when they are both running.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I should be up for it, really really need to do some proper exercise

Highland28
    Free Member

I’d be keen to join some TTT action or group rides. I tend to stick to workouts more often than not with a couple of young children in the house the time that I get out the the garage for a ride varies between the back of 7 and 8pm. What time do you guys meet for your weekly group rides? I’m a Cat B rider

peesbee

Any chance of an invite for ride tomorrow – if there is one.

Just followed you (slowpuncheur/Paul t) on zwift.

Cheers pb/peesbee STW

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Invite sent @peesbee. See you later.

Anyone else? 6.30pm for an hour of spin and sprints.

mrhoppy

I’m away this week but back ready for the next one.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hi @Highland28. At the minute we’ve just started a Tuesday night meet up at 6.30 to get back into things again. There is a race series which is run by @Robbo1234biking which is due to recommence in 3 weeks on Tuesdays at 7.30pm. See: Linky

Hopefully, there’ll be 40-50 riders mainly from here. You’re very welcome to join up.

Then there’s the Thursday night WTRL TTT league. We have one or two teams of between 4 and 8 people of varying abilities. See: TTT thread

@Savoyad
    off here organises that one. It’s around 7-40 -8pm start on a Thursday (depending on where we are placed on the starting line up). I think we’ve pencilled in next Thursday as first one back.

Finally, and once summer disappears I suspect we’ll restart the Sunday hills group ride. Normally quite early on a Sunday morning but a group ride of a couple of hours or whatever the route is. At Cat B you’ll be more than comfortable.

Look forward to seeing you around.

neilarn2

Hi Guys

sorry not going to make tonight only just got in from work , need to set bike up and have something to eat, hopefully make next week .

Neil

retrorick

I’m a no show also. I’ve had a long day. I have re subscribed to Zwift though so I will be back at some point. 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone up for a Sunday hills tomorrow? 7.30 or maybe 8am start but I need to be done by nine. Just looked at the makuri Islands routes but it seems they’re either very flat or very short so I’ll open to suggestions!

savoyad

As promised, I’ve entered a team into the TTT for this Thursday.

New thread here: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/zwift-team-time-trial-thursday-evenings/

Paging @robbo1234biking @zilog6128 @slowpuncheur @mrhoppy @kirky72 @dangeourbrain @highland28 in particular because they expressed an interest in this thread, but everyone is welcome…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone for picking up Sunday hills again this week?

robbo1234biking

I might be around this Sunday morning. What time did it used to be? I will prob only do an hour but depends on the route!

kirky72
    Free Member

i should be up for some Sunday hills, i certainly need them.

just let me know when.

swavis

I might be back in for this, it’s been quite a while…

I’ve a big ride planned this weekend but it’s weather dependent and we’ll be heading out on the better of either Sat or Sun.

Wasn’t it usually about 7:30/8am?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thought I might break us in relatively easily, how does mountain 8 at 8am sound?

robbo1234biking

That sounds OK to me. Wish there was the option to wait at the bottom of the radio tower though in a meetup!

swavis

8am sounds civil enough.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll sort an invite out. Sorry Robbo, I rather forgot the radio tower was on that course

DrP

go on…ping me an invite please..

DrP

robbo1234biking

The Radio Tower isnt so bad really – its over very quickly but it just doesnt add anything to any ride!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I have my heart op tomorrow but once I’m sorted and back on the bike I’ll definitely be in for Sunday hills rides, it will help the endurance come back.

I’ll join as soon as I can.

swavis

The forecast for Sunday is looking more favourable atm, but I’ll join in if we do head out Saturday.

savoyad

Can I have an invite? 8 might well be too late for me, but I’ll join in if everyone else in the house is still snoring.

I hope tomorrow goes ok @oopnorth.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,921 through 4,960 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.