• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 39 posts - 4,961 through 4,999 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

Cheers @Savoyad

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Aye all the best with that Craig

invites should be landing shortly…

@savoyad
    8am might be rather earlier than is wise – I’m out to two 40th birthdays on Saturday.

belugabob
    Free Member

I’ve just reactivated my Zwift, for the winter, and would be interested in group riding.
    Not sure about the racing or TTT, just yet, so feel free to invite me to any rides that are on the cards.

(Robert Armour)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@belugabob I don’t think you’re following me, least ways I can’t see you in the list of folks I can invite. You should be able to find me under dangeourbrain on Zwift (can’t imagine you’ll have too many to choose from!)

belugabob
    Free Member

Cheers @dangeourbrain – will try, tonight

kirky72
    Free Member

Good luck with the op Craig and wishing a speedy recovery but don’t rush it.

belugabob
    Free Member

Got the invite, thanks, @dangeourbrain

I’m riding IRL this Sunday, but will be sure to look out for future invites, as the weather/time/daylight dictates.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain. Can u ping me an invite for the morning? (Paul Tunstall). Ta

stumpy01

@dangeourbrain – sorry to be a last minute pain in the ass, but could you ping me an invite too?
    I might try to get a ride in at 7am and then switch over to Sunday Hills for an hour.

I might end up not being able to get out of bed, or waking up and thinking I should really be out on the road bike but it would nice to be able to have the option….

Ta!

swavis

I’m heading outside for some hills IRL tomorrow, enjoy all 😎

stumpy01

Just checked the weather and it’s gonna be hard to justify sitting on the turbo!
    13deg C at 7am with light winds.

Should make the most of it before October proper arrives!!

stumpy01

Cheers dangeourbrain. I think your invite crossed paths with my post above!

Will see where I end up!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Enjoy tomorrow chaps…inside or out. Op went ok so hopefully I can join in a few weeks, once I’ve got back on the horse…

belugabob
    Free Member

@stumpy01, October can be a bit fickle – my first 100 mile road ride was on a sunny October Sunday, and included a very pleasant pub garden lunch

DrP

That was fun! Cheers guys..

Sorry I rushed off… oh had to leave for London so washed to say bye!

DrP

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry I missed it this morning – despite the late request to join! Had a bit of a lie in and decided to do a nice ride outside in the autumnal sunshine instead. Did nothing for the FTP but made me feel happy. I’ll see you on a wet Sunday morning soon.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Did nothing for the FTP but made me feel happy

You’ll be surprised how much the later impacts the former.

I’ll see you on a wet Sunday morning soon.

No doubt!

piemonster

Ah its obviously that time of year, was just here to check if morning commutes are happening.

DrP

Thread resurrection…
    Not sure whether to post here or the STW club one?!

Anyway…

Anyone fancy a group workout tomorrow at 0830?
    90 minute workout called “exemplar”…?

DrP

stumpy01

DrP – how was the workout?
    I wasn’t able to make it and hadn’t seen your post, but saw your strava workout.

Looks like an interesting workout – do you recommend it?

DrP

Hey @stumpy01
    It’s part of the ‘build me up’ training programme – which personally I think (and feel) is a GREAT workout bunch..
    The workout was Exigent.. a pretty tough workout, but not one of the hardest (serrated a few days earlier was a tough one!) .

I was messaging Robbo about having group workouts..
    The way to arrange them is to make a meetup of 90 min, and stick on elastic band.
    Then EACH rider needs to select the workout themselves (whilst awaiting the meetup to start).
    THus we all workout together..

I’m sure at some point Zwift will make group workouts as part of the meetup?!

DrP

stumpy01

Cheers, DrP. It does look like there are some good workouts in there.

The group workout thing does work really well – definitely helps motivation when you know you aren’t suffering alone!

piemonster

Edit, I’ve actually already asked that question. I guess what I should find out is which is the right thread to post on.

twisty

Is anybody interested in some kind of morning virtual commute meet. I’m keen to get as much motivation as possible not to lose what little momentum I’ve gained over the holiday break 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

A few of us are doing a Zwift ride on Sunday morning, 1st May, at 7-30am. It will be the new rebel route Eastern Eight, 51km so should be less than 2 hours.
    Sociable pace, mix of flat and a couple of short hills.

I’ve put the invite in the STW Club in the Zwift companion app, you can join there. Anyone who hasn’t access to the club pages and wants to join the ride let me know here.

Obviously most of you will be out enjoying the weather but some of us have limited time frames 😉

oopnorth
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd, see above.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Eastern Eight STW Ride https://www.zwift.com/events/view/2975794

Link above

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll certainly sign up but attendance will depend if I get an outdoors offer.

stumpy01

I’ve signed up. Currently about 50/50 on whether I’ll actually make it due to potential DIY hell 😆🙄

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ah, yes, i forgot its May day weekend. @DrP ‘s alp climb is Monday isn’t it?

DrP

Yup…
    Alpe climb BH Monday..
    I’ll be pacing for an hour climb….stay ahead of me to get a sub hour!

Click here to join the ride….

DrP

sturdylad
    Free Member

I will also sign up but attendance will depend on a few outside factors.
    I may not make it to the end as I have to take Jnr swimming!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Eastern Eight STW Ride https://www.zwift.com/events/view/2975794

Bumping for possible late joiners.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Really sorry guys, thanks for waiting. I was just getting settled in and ready to some pulls and the session froze.
    Probably because someone mentioned TTT, my laptop and Zwift seem to be allergic to that combination!

zilog6128

Hopefully be some STW meet-ups at some point now summer is over 😃

Sounds like they’ll be a few updates/improvements including new routes over the coming months.
    Improvement to the club side of it sounds promising!

Change is on the horizon in Watopia: Zwift announces a batch of updates through 2022

And the official ZRacing series (which will no doubt be very popular as all official events are)

Get Rolling: All About the New ZRacing Monthly Series on Zwift

basically a monthly series of 1 race per week, but the races are held many times per week (over 100 timeslots) so there’s a time to suit everyone or indeed you could just keep trying to get a better result! Sounds great with it being so flexible, maybe we could arrange some STW “team” entries with a few of us racing at the same time?

ta11pau1

I was actually thinking of this earlier – I’d be up for another Alp climb, I’m confident I can get under the hour fairly comfortably now. Will be great to see my progress, I did the STW climb night as a newbie to Zwift in December last year @ 210w/86kg, so 2.44w/kg, my Alp time was 1hr 54! I’ve done it in 1hr 17m since then on a workout but not on a ‘proper’attempt.

Currently, I’m at 273w/74kg so 3.69w/kg – a hell of a lot of progress in 9 months!

I’m going to try and make some of them new zwift get rolling races too.

zilog6128

Currently, I’m at 273w/74kg so 3.69w/kg – a hell of a lot of progress in 9 months!

wow, nice one! 👍

ta11pau1

wow, nice one!

Cheers! I’m aiming for 4w/kg by the end of winter with the help of TrainerRoad.

DrP

I was thinking we should get Zchwifty again soon!

I’ve finally got my pain-cave sorted after moving a few months ago…
    Been playing around with the “4 week FTP booster” plans in order to get fitness back…

@tau11pau1 – I’ll organise another STW alp climb again in a few months – i can pace the 1 hour mark!

DrP

Viewing 39 posts - 4,961 through 4,999 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.