• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • mrhoppy

I think I’m following you now, only just getting my head round it after the 1st ride yesterday.

weeksy

lol give me a clue then if you want in…

mrhoppy

I’m fairly sure I’m the only STWer claiming to be Welsh.

drew

Cheers, I’ll try to keep up!

anagallis_arvensis

Well I added someone call weekes stw, I presume you are not the 11year old. No idea what happens now but finger crossed. I note a young german lady is my only follower!!

weeksy

No, he’s my boy

I’ll try and work out, but if not, ping me a message

teamslug
    Free Member

I’m interested in this. I’m just starting Singletrack Slayer training program but up for a ride. I’ll try and find Weeksy. I’ll change my name to KK-STW.
    Edit. Started to follow you Weeksy

weeksy

Invited nare

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’d be up for this defo but tonight is my rest night and I plan on using my ‘once a day’ to go outside again tomorrow!

weeksy

If it takes off we can make it a regular thing with different leaders, routes, times etc.

Garry_Lager

Just followed you weeksy – new to zwift and social ride sounds good.

robbo1234biking

Cant do this week as am on lates in accordance with our new company shift system but next week I am on earlys so should be able to make it.

Isn’t there a group ride feature that keeps everyone together no matter what (output power etc)

weeksy

There is yes, but didn’t feel the need

Got my invite. Thanks Weeksy.

w00dster

Hi Weeksy thanks for the thumbs up. Now following you.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Sounds like a great plan – I’ve got my strategy for the last 15 mins. Essentially it’ll consist of ‘get shelled out the back and hope my strained gasping doesn’t panic the wife” 😀

Poopscoop

Great idea,I should be able to make tomorrow evening.

Was going to do Stage 5 but this will be much nicer. I love sand and sequoias too, my favourite route.

What’s everyone’s ftp btw? A meagre 228 here. Don’t desert me all you race snakes.😁

I’ll be ok with the pace weeksy has suggested mind…. Till it gets racey! Lol

I have discord but need to get headphones as I can’t hear it properly over the noise of the fans…

I’m called F.innbod on Zwift.

Edit: is it 1 or 2 laps weeksy?

scaredypants

Might be on for tomorrow – thanks weeksy

Is anyone able to explain discord setup in very short sentences and low-syllable words? (or won’t you be using it anyway?)

weeksy

Edit: is it 1 or 2 laps weeksy

1 hour

weeksy

We’ll get the strong guys to sweep and have fun bringing people back

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m in. Thanks for sorting this Weeksy. It’s good to have something like this to look forward to.

w00dster

Weeksy, if there’s any space left please add me, not had any emails yet – my Hotmail has a habit of blocking some emails and not moving them to junk. Let me know when added and I’ll check.

anagallis_arvensis

So for a Zwift newby, how do I get to the ride. I havent worked out how the companion app talks to my laptop as yet.

weeksy

I have no idea lads, I don’t know whether you get a mail or see it in swift companion app or???

Anyone who’s not in by tonight, like me tomorrow and I’ll bin people who have not responded by then and add anyone who wants to.

scaredypants

Sorry all – being a stalker and following everyone who’s invited. Means you’ll occasionally get a ghostly thumbsup while riding, on the few occasions that I open the app & see who’s on there
    <california>
    RIDEAAHNNNN !!
    </california>

Nick

Cheers, see you tomorrow

piemonster

Invite please 👍

anagallis_arvensis

zilog6128

Nice one Weeksy! Invite popped up on my watch, but I can’t confirm from there & can’t find anything on the companion app either! Anyone help?!

EDIT: solved, gave it a minute & invite popped up in blue on main screen of Companion. See everyone there! Anyone gonna set up a Discord channel? Might be quite manic with 50 STWers competing for attention 😂

scaredypants

Blimey, just donloaded the discord app and found that I’m already on it – STWZwifters group in Dec 2017. I thought it was a voice app though and that seemed to be all typing (maybe I only had it on my PC in the garage)

scaredypants

zilog – on the first page of the companion app, under “events” you should have something

jeffc

Can you ping me an invite? Ta.

zilog6128

@scaredypants
    Ta found it. I’m in!!

Poopscoop

Will we all get a “join ride” or such just like the alert on screen for races/group rides?

Winner if zwift messages will be public or only to those on the ride?

weeksy

I assume we will get the 30 min button as usual.
    I also expect us to be alone.

However, the reality is, I have no clue yet

stumpy01

Weeksy, ta for the invite but I probably won’t be able to make tomorrow at 5:30, especially after ruining myself on the tour of Watopia stage 4 tonight – probably not the best idea after a 6km lunch timm run!

So, feel free to ditch me for this one and add someone else who’s interested instead.

DrP

Will be fun… Looking forward to it.

I’ve no real clue how it all works, tbh… But I’ll be there! Will try to stay the whole hour, but have the kids in the eve and no doubt they’ll call out for something!!!

Prob gonna set mine up in the garden.. Could still do with a fan though!

DrP

Poopscoop

Just stay in the blob/ peleton for the draft. It’ll tell you as you drift away from the person in front and flash up “ok” when you are back in the draft. Your avatar will also “sit up” more on the bike when he is in the draft, and go a bit more aero when out of it.

Drafting is really important in Zwift. Particularly if you aren’t that fit. Ie me. No drafting with a TT bike though!

timidwheeler

Thank you so much for the kind invitation. Unfortunately I won’t finish work in time to take part. You kids have fun though.

Paceman
    Free Member

Just followed you weeksy – can you ping me an invite. Cheers.

Nathan Shaw STW

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.