Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 7,601 through 7,640 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

And while the electorate have clearly had enough of the individuals (corrupt, inept, self serving, add your own description) in not convinced they’ve voted for a massive policy shift. They/we just want competency and stability!

somafunk

Sinn Fein the biggest party in Ireland, I’m happy for that one at least.

grahamt1980

We didn’t even get 80% of eligible voters to actually vote,  so your point is shite

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They/we just want competency and stability!

But there is the issue. Neither Labour or Conservative have committed to any extra tax/spend to improve stability, so the only thing that can keep happening is a spiral of decline

nickjb
    Free Member

Garages speech is going well : )

For those that understandably couldn’t bear to watch starts speech, gets heckled, heckler gets ejected, starts speech again, another heckler, another ejection, another restart and yes, another heckler

spawnofyorkshire

80% of eligible voters didn’t vote for Labour.

Democracy in name only

Let’s play the useless statistics game!

Only 27% of the UK voting age population actually voted for Brexit

Also

I’ve needed a wee for 3.5% of my waking hours today

chewkw
    Free Member

Garages speech is going well : )

Let him speak. :-)

kerley
    Free Member

“It’s never really been about that, it’s about nimbyism.”

Yep, Starmer needs to bulldoze local planning if we are to get the number of houses required to put the supply/demand in favour of supply. There are loads of areas that could theoretically be used without losing the precious countryside but fighting with planners and NIMBY people needs to go.

Poopscoop

grimep
    Free Member

Democracy in name only.

Good afternoon!

zippykona

So if we win the euros 7 nil against ze Germans are we going to complain about the lack of nutmegs and overhead bicycle kicks?
    Regardless of how the outcome arose the scum have been obliterated.
    Let’s just enjoy this brief moment of happiness

ernielynch

They got less votes AND more votes? Pretty impressive!

Yup, a slightly larger percentage….2% more, but half a million less votes. It’s not complicated really.

And remember we are making a comparison with the last general election which was indisputably very bad indeed.

That is what is so sobering. It’s scary because it could so easily go the other way next general election.

dazh

Farage making a strong case for PR. Must be a weird feeling for all the pro-PR pro-Europeans on here. ;-)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What has he expelled Angela Rayner from the party already?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Please delete I only posted once

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Please delete I only posted once

Poopscoop

There’s no buggering around getting the cabinet sorted is there!

It’s almost… Urgent!

dissonance

Yep, Starmer needs to bulldoze local planning if we are to get the number of houses required to put the supply/demand in favour of supply

Aside from changing planning laws doesnt necessarily shift the supply.

Since a)you still have the workforce supply constraint (potentially could be met by prefab houses but that then needs its own investment first) and b)the major companies dont have an incentive to meet the demand. They can make more money from the shortage with higher returns per unit.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What has he expelled Angela Rayner from the party already?

towpathman

It wasn’t funny when you said it the first time, let alone 3rd time

Poopscoop

Look at this. Even the entry of cabinet ministers into no 10 is managed properly and speedily.

Everyyhing seems so… Professional.

I’m not used to this!

dazh

Poor Ashworth and Debbonnaire, robbed of their marching down Downing St moment by pesky pro-Palestine activists. They must be pretty pissed off with Starmer. Still can’t quite believe it could have been Streeting too.

thecaptain
    Free Member

“Farage making a strong case for PR. Must be a weird feeling for all the pro-PR pro-Europeans on here”

Why weird? I suppose it’s a bit unusual that he has a grievance that’s actually valid for once.

kimbers

Democracy in name only.

Its gonna blow your tiny mind when you find out about Brexit

MoreCashThanDash

Democracy in name only.

You fancy running those calculations against the result in the 2019 election?

nickjb
    Free Member

“Poor Ashworth and Debbonnaire, robbed of their marching down Downing St moment by pesky pro-Palestine activists”

Debbonaire was beaten by the Greens which has a been a process slowly creeping through Bristol for many years. Greens second in several other Bristol seats too

DrJ

Ashworth and Debbonaire – yes – how galling it must be to see their classmates all getting important jobs while they look up the address of their local Job Centre !!

winston
    Free Member

I simply don’t get your point Daz

First you are calling me hubristic for saying basically that we are an outlier now compared to say France but wait till the next election where it could all go wrong….then you go on to say just that..

You have a go at Starmer for being a centrist and not having the balls to be progressive and presumably more Left wing then you have an unprovoked go at Rayner the most progressive and Left wing front bencher

Not sure you really have a grasp of what’s going on.

blokeuptheroad

That Johnathan Pie “Thank You” vid a page or two back…..

I’m not much of a facebook user/poster and don’t think I’ve posted anything political since Brexit. But thought it mild enough and jolly enough I posted it earlier…..I’ve now got 4 less Facebook friends than I had this morning – and I’ve only got a couple of hundred!

So I’d recommend it – want to flush out a bitter tory today hiding in your friends list – excellent bleach.

Thanks. I’ve just done the same and likewise, usually avoid anything political on there. I shall report back as to it’s throbber removal effectiveness!

theotherjonv

You lost, we won. Get over it.

spawnofyorkshire

There’s something incredibly satisfying about seeing Angela Rayner heading in to number 10 to take up a cabinet position. She’s smart and has a grit about her, I hope she comes through with her desire to build more social housing.

It’s also satisfying to think how many old school Tories piss will be boiling that she’s in government and they aren’t

dazh

Debbonaire was beaten by the Greens which has a been a process slowly creeping through Bristol for many years. Greens second in several other Bristol seats too

Yes of course I stand corrected. Even better though :-)

then you have an unprovoked go at Rayner

Did I? Think you might have confused me with FD.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

So if we win the euros 7 nil against ze Germans are we going to complain about the lack of nutmegs and overhead bicycle kicks?

Well, under the last manager England scored 9 goals against Germany, so really that win is a failure (even though in that game Germany scored 14 goals and England was eliminated).

Tom-B
    Free Member

The Bristol project by the Greens is a really interesting bit of politics. (I spoke to a few of them last year when I was contemplating standing as a Green candidate locally). Hard to see where they could do a similar thing. Manchester maybe? Very strong Labour candidates there though. I think that I’ll be joining the party as a member in the coming days. Fantastic result for them, total travesty that they’re getting ignored by the media, whilst Farage’s far right cabal get widespread coverage.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fair dues to Harriet Harman. 73 and I don’t think she’s been to sleep since I first saw her on C4 last night. ?

johnx2
    Free Member

Poor Ashworth and Debbonnaire, robbed of their marching down Downing St moment by pesky pro-Palestine activists.

I think we’re all aware of the labour vote share barely moving. Also, I live in one of the few lab con marginals that actually stayed conservative, despite having a great labour candidate our former MP who lost in Johnson’s GE and should have been back, the lightweight tory kept his seat against the trend. Gaza won’t have helped. Bitter taste frankly though my feelings are an irrelevance in the scheme of things. But crow away… .

Whatever, tough job starts now.

Poopscoop

Fantastic result for them, total travesty that they’re getting ignored by the media, whilst Farage’s far right cabal get widespread coverage.

Yes, really pisses me off that Farage is all over the TV this morning yet the Greens historic victory is… nowhere.

This infatuation with Farage is bloody ridiculous.

ernielynch

Debbonaire was beaten by the Greens which has a been a process slowly creeping through Bristol for many years.

The Green candidate Carla Denyer was officially endorsed by ‘The Muslim Vote’.

The Green Party has a long history of solidarity with Palestine, The Muslim Vote endorsed Green candidates right across the UK. Here in Croydon they endorsed 3 Green candidates out of the 4 Croydon constituencies, the fourth candidate that they endorsed was a LibDem.

The pro-Palestine vote undoubtedly contributed to the Green Party’s success yesterday, and it undoubtedly contributed to a significant fall of support for Labour in many areas.

Home

benpinnick

Yes, really pisses me off that Farage is all over the TV this morning yet the Greens historic victory is… nowhere.

Farage did just almost single-handedly change the political course of the UK, while the Green success has barely moved the dial.

zomg

Green success has barely moved the dial.

It could plausibly be argued that the denial of airtime to the Greens over the years is not orthogonal to that.

stingmered

Marina Hyde on absolute belting form.

“ Meanwhile, it’s incredible to think that only a short while ago we thought we’d eradicated measles and Nigel Farage. Both have now been brought back, largely by the same people.”

Viewing 40 posts - 7,601 through 7,640 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.