• This topic has 1,231 replies, 200 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brant.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,232 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • brant
    Free Member

Hi Brant – have ordered a frame, thinking over a full build although I have a fair few parts ready to put on, would you consider a Frame+Fork type bundle?

We can’t offer the fork that’s fitted to the bike as a combo due to our assembly agreements with SRAM.

tall_martin

Cheers Brant,

I’ve pm’d you.

Martin

mm93
    Free Member

Are there any pictures of the full builds yet?

trailtom
    Free Member

I would imagine there are no full build photos currently due to the frames most likely being in a container traversing the high seas…

cogglepin

Any codes for the Tempest at present Brant? Just about to order but thought I would check first.
    Cheers.

cogglepin

Sort to be a pain Brant but what are delivery times likely to be on a medium Tempest if you get them in stock on the 20th?

akira

Been humming and hawing over this and now the discount has been reduced to £75, says both £100 and £75 on website front page which is a bit misleading.

damascus
    Free Member

£100 off a frame right now with code PREORDER100

and £200 off a complete bike with code PREORDER200

You snooze you loose. Brant said, 3 days ago “a week next Thursday” the discount changes

brant
    Free Member

Website updated.

£200 bike discount finishes tonight.

akira

Was hoping for a mistyped £750 off on the website Brant 🤪

brant
    Free Member

I think I might have announced the end of the £200 bike discount a week early.
    I’ll have to check tomorrow.
    Ps: GX Eagle model with carbon bars launching tomorrow at £1199.99 with £299 intro discount.

maycontainnuts

Ps: GX Eagle model with carbon bars launching tomorrow at £1199.99 with £299 intro discount.

Looks like it’ll be the 3rd time I’ll change my order 🙂

(Still hoping I’ll change it a 4th time when you add a dropper)

richoffrimley
    Free Member

Think this would be decent for someone 6ft 3 who’s planning to try XC racing or bit too burly?

brant
    Free Member
    damascus
    Free Member

launching tomorrow at £1199.99 with £299 intro discount.

Brant, how do you get £299 discount? It defaults to £200 but then gives you £204 discount.

Thanks

brant
    Free Member

I have no idea why I wrote £299. I meant to write £200.

Actually I know exactly why I wrote that. It was caused by a hipster 6.0% hazy ipa.

It’s meant to be £999.99 but 17% takes off a bit more than £200.

akira

So if we send you some Trappist beer over we might get a bargain?

fossy

Send more IPA for a bigger discount !

brant
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Scandal SX. £899.99 Full bike. No messing. Size Large.

A post shared by On-One (@ononebikes) on

dukeduvet

The fully built bike looks great! Colour is fab. Would like to know how it rides.

About time someone made a 29er frame with upto date geometry and a bargain to boot. Awaiting big dog with interest

whyter

That orange looks really nice built-up – I’m wondering now whether I should have ordered that rather than the black!

dukeduvet

@whyter I reckon the black will look mega stealth!

chakaping
    Free Member

Was there a frame weight in the end?

brant
    Free Member

Was there a frame weight in the end?

Simon knows. I’ll ask him.

concrete24
    Free Member

From the website:
    Frame weight – 2.05kg Med

That GX build is amazing value btw.

damascus
    Free Member

From the website:

So an XL could be a bit portly. I was hoping it would be 1800 ish.

plus-one

Brant would putting 27.5 wheels on this frame cause any issue 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Brant would putting 27.5 wheels on this frame cause any issue 🙂

We must get a b+ wheel in the back for a clearance check.

If you’re actually going to do the lower back higher front thing then I do think that’s daft as seat angle kicks back but the chainstay length isn’t short so it’ll be ok ish.

Oh btw the seat angle is prob a degree steeper than it says due to how I measure mine.

It’s meant to be a 29er.

Putting ickle wheels in it will make it lower and that.

damascus
    Free Member

Brant, are the full bikes getting priority over just the frames?

Frames: Due In: Mid October

Bikes showing as in stock we aim to build on Tuesday 17th of September.

Or as the frames were put up first they have just not been updated yet?

Thanks

brant
    Free Member

Brant, are the full bikes getting priority over just the frames?

Frames aren’t in stock. Bikes are on preorder.
    When frames arrive bikes will get built and frames shipped out.
    Bike builds will be scheduled for day frames arrive to get ahead. Though of course now very many bikes sold so we probably have several days (we build 30 bikes a day) of bike builds to do.

superstu
    Free Member

So an XL could be a bit portly. I was hoping it would be 1800 ish.

Is 4.5lbs a lot these days? Would have said that’s a decent weight for something that isn’t a XC racer. Maybe I’m out of touch. My Genesis Tarn is about twice that weight 😂

brant
    Free Member

Is 4.5lbs a lot these days? Would have said that’s a decent weight for something that isn’t a XC racer. Maybe I’m out of touch. My Genesis Tarn is about twice that weight 😂

But “steel is real”!
    🤘🏻

brant
    Free Member

My other point would be (I’m sorry, I’ve been drinking hazy hipster DDH ipa again) is that at the price we are doing this frame for, you can certainly save on other bits with the brass you’re not spending. Does that make sense.

Btw I’m off to China for a week in the morning so normal service won’t be occurring as I’ll be 7hrs ahead and they don’t have hazy DDH ipa out there.

damascus
    Free Member

the price we are doing this frame for, you can certainly save on other bits

Good point!

damascus
    Free Member

On the website the frame only option states

Does that mean it’s coming with the headset installed?

Just about to order the bits I’m missing but if it comes with a headset……

Designed to do everything well, we’ve optimized frame geometry for climbing AND descending, on real trails with rocks and ruts, for big days out with bags on, or just smashing the berms at the groomed park trails.

A BOOST back end keeps everything contemporary, and open, braceless chainstays avoid mud shelves to keep you going.

Wheel size – 29″

Headset – Selcof Zero Stack / Semi Integrated For Tapered Steerer

Stealth dropper routing

Internal/External cable routing

moonsaballoon

Full bike ordered for me , orange gx build . Just need a dropper now , can’t imagine riding without one these days .

tommyhine

looking at the SX full bike, are the discounts still valid? the £75 one says it’s excepted but doesn’t seem to actually it.

karnali
    Free Member

bit of advice pleae, as in the market for a new ht, currently on a mk3 cotic soul and a bit out of date with curretn groupset and forks. I was going to buy a sentier from wiggle, 27’5 boost wheels, revelations 140mm and nx 12speed groupset with a dropper, currently around £1300. how do the forks on the scandal compare to the revs and is the £999 build better value, add in a dropper take sit too about 1150 with the postage??

many thanks for thoughts. Will be used for winter training and general trail riding and bit of lake district mtbing

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.